Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Teacher training course in Texas

Eh, good enough.

Well.

At least the shooter is white. I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/GayRepublicSwag/status/977986598397673472?s=20

jokes write themself

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Bolton's already starting to usurp some of the headlines and news story time from Trump (e.g., his firm being one of the first to use info gained from Cambridge Analytica), which is the one thing Trump cannot forgive from anyone in his administration, so the clock's already counting down on Bolton's tenure.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Willo567 posted:

Plus, he may start to become sick of the mustache again

I can’t help but picture Trump essentially doing the “Mr. Burns yelling at the guy’s non-existing sideburns” bit from the Simpsons baseball episode.

*Bolton shows up for work having shaved every last hair above his neck*
“I thought I told you to shave that drat MUSTACHE! You’re FIRED!”
*Walking away* “...still better than Dubya.”

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Almost tempted to reply that not all Republicans are Christian.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I can think of at least one way to celebrate both

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Does Donnie hate facial hair because he can grow them?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Isn't this a catholic holiday?

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Zil posted:

Almost tempted to reply that not all Republicans are Christian.

The truly sad part is that there are non-Christian Republicans. You’d think all the open contempt for anything not Jesus flavored for the last 30 years would drive them away but :shrug: and fygm is hell of a thing.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Crabtree posted:

Isn't this a catholic holiday?

nah it's a general Christian thing

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
I was really angry with Killer Mike so I bitched at him on Twitter. He actually responded and sent me a selfie of him in bed because he said he was gonna go back to sleep instead of bothering with me lmao.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Its also pretty silly considering the president he's defending is the one who did the extremely Christian thing of cheating on his wife while she was recuperating from giving birth.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

RasperFat posted:

The truly sad part is that there are non-Christian Republicans. You’d think all the open contempt for anything not Jesus flavored for the last 30 years would drive them away but :shrug: and fygm is hell of a thing.

Non-black Muslims swung fairly GOP due to being relatively well off and not terribly socially progressive as a group. Until 2002, for some reason.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Donnie will probably only start one big war, so assuming he does start one I would prefer Iran because I live in South Korea. Selfish, I know. :colbert:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

1stGear posted:

Its also pretty silly considering the president he's defending is the one who did the extremely Christian thing of cheating on his wife while she was recuperating from giving birth.

Well, if LIBERALS didn't outlaw polygamy, we'd all have multiple wives like they did in the Bible. And we could offer daughters as sexual playthings to rowdy mobs as a way to protect our male guests.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

1stGear posted:

Wasn't exactly uncommon for god-anointed heads of state, historically. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Brony Car posted:

Well, if LIBERALS didn't outlaw polygamy, we'd all have multiple wives like they did in the Bible. And we could offer daughters as sexual playthings to rowdy mobs as a way to protect our male guests.

Or that. Marriage is between one man and however many women he can afford to purchase.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I got the CBS All Access trial to watch this but it's just playing March Madness. Why would anyone ever subscribe to this?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

https://twitter.com/becket/status/978044379851091968

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

he was just expressing concern for her well-being

it's an old Sicilian tradition

they're a very thoughtful people

Remains Unseen
Oct 18, 2004
Fatal bought this crazy name for this fag but he owed me $$$$$$$$$$$$$
So...it seems almost certain that with Bolton in, Trump is going to try and strike North Korea.

And if he strikes North Korea, they will almost certainly retaliate with nukes.

Am I wrong?

Despite what Bolton is saying ("We should strike before NK can reach the USA with nukes!") everything I have read says that NK already has miniaturized nuclear warheads and ICBMs that can hit mainland USA.

So am I completely crazy or is it not a near certainty at this point that NK will nuke mainland USA?

I suppose that is just a bonus for Bolton, since NK nukes will likely take out some west coast cities which are full of liberals.

Anyone living in a major west coast US city preparing for this?

Personally Mattis is the red line for me. If he gets canned, I'm heading for the hills.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I got the CBS All Access trial to watch this but it's just playing March Madness. Why would anyone ever subscribe to this?

Star Trek: Discovery

It was worth subscribing for 3 months.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm going to be very disappointed if it turns out that the entire Daniels saga was just an elaborate viral campaign for a new Big Bang Theory spinoff.

The entire Trump administration has been the biggest advertizing blitz in the universe for a West Wing reboot

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

eyebeem posted:

Star Trek: Discovery

It was worth subscribing for 3 months.

I'll wait. They'll have it Amazon after Bezos buys CBS.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

PhazonLink posted:

Does Donnie hate facial hair because he can grow them?

You'd think he'd hate all hair.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

I think there's a fair chance we'd be able to knock out any NK missiles before they hit the US. I think the bigger concern would be they'd try to nuke Japan or S. Korea.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Look, either way you're watching a person who handled orange balls.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Well, that at least makes this interview something other than a nothingburger. :stare:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Holy poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i can believe it. trump has always been in bed with the mob and i am sure is fine with employing their tactics.

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

I think there's a fair chance we'd be able to knock out any NK missiles before they hit the US. I think the bigger concern would be they'd try to nuke Japan or S. Korea.

apparently the defense system is faulty as poo poo.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Direct link to transcript, skimming it now.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stormy-daniels-describes-her-alleged-affair-with-donald-trump-60-minutes-interview/

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Post anything new.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Remains Unseen posted:

So...it seems almost certain that with Bolton in, Trump is going to try and strike North Korea.

Am I wrong?

Despite what Bolton is saying ("We should strike before NK can reach the USA with nukes!") everything I have read says that NK already has miniaturized nuclear warheads and ICBMs that can hit mainland USA.

So am I completely crazy or is it not a near certainty at this point that NK will nuke mainland USA?

I suppose that is just a bonus for Bolton, since NK nukes will likely take out some west coast cities which are full of liberals.

Personally Mattis is the red line for me. If he gets canned, I'm heading for the hills.

Hi, Willo.

No, it is not anything even approaching a "near certainty".

- Trump might still get talked out of hitting North Korea.
- Their odds of using nuclear weapons against the US or even South Korea if they aren't existentially threatened are quite low. Because, yanno, using nuclear weapons is a real good way to become existentially nonexistent.
- South Korea and Japan (or US presence therein) or, you know, a US carrier group or something are more likely targets in the improbable evemt of the first two going badly.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's a fantastic game with like a million lead changes in overtime what the hell do you expect

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Remains Unseen posted:

Am I wrong?

No but a great many Koreans will die, not to mention the chance of a DPRK biological agent spreading past the peninsula and ravaging Asia.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Iran currently still exists so ‘almost certain’ is shaky.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Your Taint posted:

Look, either way you're watching a person who handled orange balls.

Ahahaha.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Any west coast options for 60 minutes? Or are we just going to run 3hrs behind the news cycle this time.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Stormy Daniels: I remember arriving, and he was watching Shark Week. He made me sit and watch an entire documentary about shark attacks.

Anderson Cooper: It wasn't at that point a business meeting, it was just watching Shark Week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Your Taint posted:

Post anything new.

Ok, apart from the anecdotal, by which I mean no evidence in confirmation is offered, of threats mentioned above. It's a nothing-burger.

There's the Stormy Daniels set-up. Then she leaves the show for an extended back and forth with other parties about the 130K payment and the legality of it, then a final wrap-up with her.

Nb. That was a skim, may have missed something.

• Locked thread