Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
a costume per playable character and a song from another game is in no universe worth $7, y'all are out to lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Ibblebibble posted:

Please don't insult Yusuke's DAN galaxy tights.

i own a pair of leggings basically identical to those, and i don't think i paid much more for them than the price of that costume pack

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Morgana snowman is freeeeeeeeeeeeee

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Looking at the list of all the skills in the game, P5 spends a really long time meandering in the midgame but ends before you really will ever have a chance to whip out your postgame demons and go hog wild. All of the level 70+ Personas, which are supposed to be the awesome social link rewards, are ones you'll never see or use unless you grind in the postgame dungeon or use the Strength ability because the final boss is scaled to be fought at like mid-60s. Die For Me! is an insta-death skill, but you can only get it at level 80? The game's already basically over by then. Alice was level 40-something in P3 so you actually had time to use her cool skills. There's also only five gun skills in the whole game, the first one is Snap which you can get as early as the first dungeon but then the next one is Triple Down/OSK which, Haru aside, you don't get until mid 50s? poo poo, man.

I've been watching the Giant Bomb P4 playthrough while I grind, and when they fight Shadow Mitsuo, they walk into that fight with Black Frost, Ice Amp, Fire Boost, and all sorts of attack skills, and you can snag him as early as level 38. In P5 you don't even get access to the elemental boost skills until the mid-30s, and Black Frost is the earliest possible access to Ice Amp at level SEVENTY. I'm underleveled because of Merciless, but I still did a shitload of leveling and I didn't get access to a single persona with access to the Tier 2 elemental spells until the fourth palace, which is like the halfway point of the game.

I think things like that are why I like mainline titles like Devil Survivor and SMT4 more. They give you way more time to play around with lategame skills and the game actually sort of expects you to play around with effective skill fusion in order to win. Persona games have one postgame optional boss and that's basically it. In my first P5 playthrough, once I fused a Seth I cruised through the rest of the game, completely ignoring fusion.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

In a nutshell, persona has always been more skewed towards the story and the social stuff.

Main smt titles, the story is a vehicle for the gameplay. There are lots of paths to go down and optional stuff to do.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Looking at the list of all the skills in the game, P5 spends a really long time meandering in the midgame but ends before you really will ever have a chance to whip out your postgame demons and go hog wild. All of the level 70+ Personas, which are supposed to be the awesome social link rewards, are ones you'll never see or use unless you grind in the postgame dungeon or use the Strength ability because the final boss is scaled to be fought at like mid-60s. Die For Me! is an insta-death skill, but you can only get it at level 80? The game's already basically over by then. Alice was level 40-something in P3 so you actually had time to use her cool skills. There's also only five gun skills in the whole game, the first one is Snap which you can get as early as the first dungeon but then the next one is Triple Down/OSK which, Haru aside, you don't get until mid 50s? poo poo, man.

I've been watching the Giant Bomb P4 playthrough while I grind, and when they fight Shadow Mitsuo, they walk into that fight with Black Frost, Ice Amp, Fire Boost, and all sorts of attack skills, and you can snag him as early as level 38. In P5 you don't even get access to the elemental boost skills until the mid-30s, and Black Frost is the earliest possible access to Ice Amp at level SEVENTY. I'm underleveled because of Merciless, but I still did a shitload of leveling and I didn't get access to a single persona with access to the Tier 2 elemental spells until the fourth palace, which is like the halfway point of the game.

I think things like that are why I like mainline titles like Devil Survivor and SMT4 more. They give you way more time to play around with lategame skills and the game actually sort of expects you to play around with effective skill fusion in order to win. Persona games have one postgame optional boss and that's basically it. In my first P5 playthrough, once I fused a Seth I cruised through the rest of the game, completely ignoring fusion.

It may be expected for you to use the strength perk and pay. By the end game I was using a host of level 80-90 personas with a level 70 character.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

None of the cosmetic DLC in this game seems nearly as good as one of the greatest pieces of cosmetic DLC ever, which is the Nanako navigator DLC for Persona Q

Unfortunately Persona Q is a meh game

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Doesn't like evert Persona game (except 1 i guess) have a party member who becomes or wants to become a cop?

Chie, Naoto, Makoto, Tetsuya, and I wanna say Akihito?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Akihiko doesn't ever actually say "I wanna be a cop" in P3 to my knowledge, but he does in Arena and it's implied he joined the police from an extremely oblique reference in P5 on the news. There's also Trinity Soul, in which he actually is a cop, but that show's terrible and non-canon as gently caress.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Yeah, he only says that in Arena.

PS Best DLC outfit is swimsuits maid Morgana.

It's a real shame nobody comments on different outfits.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

In my second playthrough I have decided that the reason Haru exists is because they wrote themselves into a hole. After the Hawaii trip basically everyone except Ryuji/Morgana agree that something is weird with how big the Phantom Thieves have gotten and want to slow things down, and also the primary plot points coming up to that point are investigating the men in black suits who killed Wakaba and then clearing their names over the principal's death/suicide. However, I don't think they really had anything planned as a payoff for either of those approaches to the story (especially since Futaba never gets any payoff in the "who killed my mom" scenareo, and if I'm remembering right she never even accuses Goro of being the one who killed her even in the final confrontation despite the fact that it was almost guaranteed him?), and they needed a way to make more gameplay happen before the big twist, so Haru was introduced to kind of force them into action. In the Japanese version, the phrasing used in the change of heart countdown timer is "days until Haru's body is sold" in a way that explicitly meant prostitution as opposed to using the phrase "arranged marriage." Without Haru, it wouldn't have made sense for the team to go after Okumura, since even after learning he has a palace most of the team still didn't want to go, so Haru is made to draw your sympathy (the reason I included the tidbit about the Japanese version) and to draw you away from the two aforementioned plot points they didn't plan on addressing.

My two Haru theories are either that she was originally not meant to be a party member and they decided that they should make her one instead of Hifumi to better fit the theme into the story of helping the people whose Palaces you were exploring, or she was added at a really late stage in development after they realized they needed someone to help move the plot forward and that's why she doesn't ever show up at your school before the Summer Vacation scene.

They did cut a character out (Hifumi) so I don't think Haru would be all that late an addition.

Ineffiable posted:

In a nutshell, persona has always been more skewed towards the story and the social stuff.

Main smt titles, the story is a vehicle for the gameplay. There are lots of paths to go down and optional stuff to do.

That's more or less how it started, with SMT IF being a bit more plot oriented than standard SMT fare, I think.

That's why I don't see the appeal of SMT. The gameplay's a little 'eh' being elemental rock paper scissors JRPGs that more involve knowing things ahead of time. :shrug:

Instant Grat posted:

a costume per playable character and a song from another game is in no universe worth $7, y'all are out to lunch

Yeah, the DLC is reallly overpriced but after a ~120 hour playthrough, I'm happy to shell out a few bucks to get a different battle song for a second playthrough even if the second one'll be shorter.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

incredibly controversial opinion: the P3 battle theme is better than Never See It Coming because the good part of the song is right at the beginning rather than 45 seconds in, and you might never even get to hear the hook of the normal battle theme because battles could easily be over by then.

fact: the Gekkoukan uniforms are much better than the Shujin clownsuits

I would say the P3 DLC is possibly worth it if you're on a second playthrough like me. Otherwise, the rest of the packs either have a cool song but awful outfits or cool outfits but an awful song, or are some broken-rear end Persona. I did spend one dollar on a Makoto PSN theme though.

e: actually, thats another complaint I have. Makoto is way too cool. How is anyone else in the game even supposed to compare? Her Persona is a motorcycle, which is rad, she fights with brass knuckles, which is rad, she has a revolver, which is rad, she takes the MC on a date to see a Yakuza movie, which is rad, and she's the team mom, which is rad. They made Makoto way too cool, it's hosed up.

Wiping All Out is way better than Mass Destruction. Also Obelisk and Battle from Vs. The Soulless Army are better than Mass Destruction!

Makoto's big problem is that she's garbage in actual gameplay, and her social link sucks. The sacrifices made for being the secondary main character...

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 25, 2018

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Wait what? Makoto’s incredibly solid in gameplay and does the best job of keeping the party alive, between Mediarahan and Marakukaja.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Probably a style difference thing. I tend to make my main character do the in-combat healing when needed, and Morgana heals out of combat, so Makoto not doing much damage wasn't very useful.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Yeah she's a really good all-rounder. Of course the actual thing to do is just max Mishima and Hifumi's S. Links ASAP so you can swap between her and Morgana on the fly if one of them's low on SP without losing out on EXP. There really is no need not to be constantly swapping all your party members around in fights tbh. Futaba's lvl 9 perk to auto-swap out 2 downed party members for 2 freshies is pretty sweet for the odd emergency situation too, not that you'll likely have any need of that safety net by the time you get her link to 9

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cuntellectual posted:

Probably a style difference thing. I tend to make my main character do the in-combat healing when needed, and Morgana heals out of combat, so Makoto not doing much damage wasn't very useful.

Makoto having healing and ailment opens your MC to do ridiculous damage since all the party members are pretty bad at damage until the rear end end of the game when Haru has both gun boosts and One Hit Kill, Ryuji gets Charge and Ann gets Concentrate.

Makoto preforms about middle of the pack through most of the game in terms of damage anyways, usually outdamaging Morgana/Yusuke while only being a bit behind Ryuji and Ann. Yusuke is the only garbage party member.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Makoto has defense up and healing, and nuclear does technical damage which makes up for her lacklustre damage output. She was in my party 99% of the time once i got her.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Yusuke got screwed over by having his signature abilities be the baton pass-boosted stuff because he can do some truly stupid amounts of damage, but there's so much setup involved it's never worth it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Coughing Hobo posted:

Yusuke got screwed over by having his signature abilities be the baton pass-boosted stuff because he can do some truly stupid amounts of damage, but there's so much setup involved it's never worth it.

And its almost impossible to pull off versus bosses or the enemies you'd want to use it against becuase they don't have easy ways of triggering baton pass. So he can do absurd hits against weak enemies and otherwise languishes since his poo poo is always weaker than Ryuji's attacks with the baton pass chaining and he never gets charge.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shinjobi posted:

Can we all agree Morgana's snowman outfit is the best DLC in the game?

I'll agree to it being 1b with Makoto's RWBY as 1a (also part of the :siren:FREE:siren: Christmas DLC)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Yeah she's a really good all-rounder. Of course the actual thing to do is just max Mishima and Hifumi's S. Links ASAP so you can swap between her and Morgana on the fly if one of them's low on SP without losing out on EXP. There really is no need not to be constantly swapping all your party members around in fights tbh. Futaba's lvl 9 perk to auto-swap out 2 downed party members for 2 freshies is pretty sweet for the odd emergency situation too, not that you'll likely have any need of that safety net by the time you get her link to 9

That would be so much better if Mishima’s S. Link meet ups were all just giving him a swirly. God drat he’s annoying.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I use the summer/winter casual clothes across the board, the Phantom outfits are just kinda too goofy. Also, yeah I don't like how Yusuke's schtick is useless against bosses and I'm not sure why you can't crit them. I never really sidelined him because of that though, I always swap party members out based on the enemies you encounter in each area. Like, as soon as you get Haru, 90% of the enemies are weak against Psi so she's in.

Speaking of "as soon as you get Haru," holy gently caress this palace is gonna be a real roadblock. All the tiny robots you have to fight alongside the big ones for the keycards can one-shot your whole team with Triple Down, so you can't use anyone who doesn't have Endure and the MC needs to have either resist/null/repel gun. On top of that, the low-level nature of Merciless mean that those robots are always going before your party. I'm really glad I was doing a max social link playthrough for the bonus Fusion EXP because at this point level grinding isn't even a reasonable option, whatever level you get a Persona at it's basically stuck there.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

IcePhoenix posted:

I'll agree to it being 1b with Makoto's RWBY as 1a (also part of the :siren:FREE:siren: Christmas DLC)

Are you me????

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Also, yeah I don't like how Yusuke's schtick is useless against bosses and I'm not sure why you can't crit them.

Because they're immune to Knock Down, since it kinda sorta counts as an ailment... sort of... so it's easier to just remove crits, I guess. Which is weird since there's been stuff before that could be critted but was immune to Knock Down specifically but whatever.

They somehow missed the Executive Director, though; that one can be critted. Since, I guess, he doesn't count as the actual boss of that fight.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Can anyone translate this page? Is the top right a Caroline/Justine concept?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Cuntellectual posted:

That's more or less how it started, with SMT IF being a bit more plot oriented than standard SMT fare, I think.

That's why I don't see the appeal of SMT. The gameplay's a little 'eh' being elemental rock paper scissors JRPGs that more involve knowing things ahead of time. :shrug:

Yeah the actual gameplay is relatively simple and it's just brutal because enemies have the chance to abuse your weakness just as much as you abuse theirs.

Other than that though, it doesn't feel like it has a lot to offer that wasn't already refined back in the nes/snes days of rpgs. Persona 5 did a good job of keeping all those systems but making it snappier and more responsive.

I feel like smt is when you want to challenge yourself in a sadistic way and overcome that and eventually take down god/the devil. I'll admit they do a good job with their settings but once the setting gets going, character development feels pretty basic and you're just riding along until Baal shows him/herself.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

CJ posted:

Can anyone translate this page? Is the top right a Caroline/Justine concept?

It doesn't say. I'd say it's an early sketch for a character that filled their role, though, yeah.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah the actual gameplay is relatively simple and it's just brutal because enemies have the chance to abuse your weakness just as much as you abuse theirs.

Other than that though, it doesn't feel like it has a lot to offer that wasn't already refined back in the nes/snes days of rpgs. Persona 5 did a good job of keeping all those systems but making it snappier and more responsive.

SMT games actually force you to engage with their systems in order to succeed. When was the last time you remembered the elemental weakness of an enemy in another JRPG, much less bothered to actually use spells on enemies? I love FF9 but man if using Vivi/Eiko isn't totally worthless when you can just spam the X button to beat every single enemy with melee attacks, and the same goes for pretty much every FF game. People get all hyped about the FF7 materia system, but when was the last time you used it to actually cast spells and didn't just make everyones attack as high as possible and mash X through every battle? Augmenting stats with spells in FF8? More like junction Earth to attack and attack enemies. Can you even name any of the generic enemies in any FF games that aren't the mascot characters? I definitely can't, I've beaten FF7 twice and I couldn't name a single random encounter enemy or what element they're weak to if you asked.

I like the Atelier series for the same reason, or games in general where you can't just ignore most of the in-game systems and still win. NES JPGs required basically no thinking at all, and even the best of the SNES games like Chrono Trigger still basically just came down to "attack enemy, heal when hurt." In most JRPG's, if you can't win a fight, there's very little options in terms of trying a significantly different strategy, and usually losing just means your numbers aren't high enough and you need more numbers. In SMT games, there's tons of sideways progression that don't involve leveling at all, and even if you know exactly what you're doing the game still provides a challenge. Yeah, other games have similar mechanics to that of SMT, but SMT forces you to engage with those mechanics in an efficient way in order to win.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

incredibly controversial opinion: the P3 battle theme is better than Never See It Coming because the good part of the song is right at the beginning rather than 45 seconds in, and you might never even get to hear the hook of the normal battle theme because battles could easily be over by then.

fact: the Gekkoukan uniforms are much better than the Shujin clownsuits

I would say the P3 DLC is possibly worth it if you're on a second playthrough like me. Otherwise, the rest of the packs either have a cool song but awful outfits or cool outfits but an awful song, or are some broken-rear end Persona. I did spend one dollar on a Makoto PSN theme though.

e: actually, thats another complaint I have. Makoto is way too cool. How is anyone else in the game even supposed to compare? Her Persona is a motorcycle, which is rad, she fights with brass knuckles, which is rad, she has a revolver, which is rad, she takes the MC on a date to see a Yakuza movie, which is rad, and she's the team mom, which is rad. They made Makoto way too cool, it's hosed up.

Makoto's persona is literally a transformer, and that is why she is best girl: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/0/05/Anath_and_Pope_Joan_Concept_Art_P5.png/revision/latest?cb=20170107010615

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm not much less dubious of a translation of a summary of an interview in a different language. I'd 100% believe they said something like "We considered making her a main character, but obviously we could only have so many of those without making the story too long and bloated", though.

I'll look into the Japanese sources some more when it's not past midnight and I'm not dead tired.
I did that. My spoken Japanese is super rusty, but to me, he definitely makes it sound like she was "an idea they had" much more than "cut content" like people seem to imagine.

Here's the original source. The part about Hifumi starts at 26:10. Fight me, better Japanese speakers!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

SMT games actually force you to engage with their systems in order to succeed. When was the last time you remembered the elemental weakness of an enemy in another JRPG, much less bothered to actually use spells on enemies?

FFX

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FFX encourages you to hit elemental weaknesses and switch up different characters for different situations, Wakka can hit aerial enemies, Kimahri and Auron’s weapons have piercing to hit armored enemies, Rikku can steal to defeat mechanical enemies, etc.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

FFX encourages you to hit elemental weaknesses and switch up different characters for different situations, Wakka can hit aerial enemies, Kimahri and Auron’s weapons have piercing to hit armored enemies, Rikku can steal to defeat mechanical enemies, etc.

FFX is also not coincidentally my favorite FF game in the series in terms of gameplay by a large margin, and I've played through it three times despite the fact that I absolutely hate the story and characters. I love FF9s story but the actual process of playing the game is incredibly boring and not even the remaster made me want to revisit it. And it's not just the things you listed either, because those are just the tip of the iceberg, FFX's entire postgame has a lot of involvement to it with turning items into weapon abilities and loving with the sphere grid. A lot of the battle mechanics you mention are ditched during boss fights, but instead each boss fight has a puzzle mechanic to it that you need to figure out in order to increase the amount of player involvement. FFX has some of my most disliked writing of any video game I've ever played but I'd still rank it at the very top of FF games.

Also, normally my opinions are not so easily changed, but I think that being able to give Haru her summer outfit has made me come around on her a little bit. Triple Down, a battle Axe, and a grenade launcher? She a good girl, she didn't ask to be lazily thrown into the game.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I played a bit of the GBA Kingdom Hearts game (the only one in the series I've played, but I liked it!) and the card door system makes me think Atlus missed an opportunity.

In that game, to open most/all doors you need to slot cards that meet the requirements (if any) into them. The cards had effects on them that would change the room that was generated, like stronger enemies that drop rare items more, or attack spells do more damage, etc.

Taking that system and dressing it up as a rumor system ala Persona 2 would have been perfect. Make Mishima useful by starting a rumor section on his site, or give it to whatever the boring devil lady was called instead of her garbage perks.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

SMT games actually force you to engage with their systems in order to succeed. When was the last time you remembered the elemental weakness of an enemy in another JRPG, much less bothered to actually use spells on enemies? I love FF9 but man if using Vivi/Eiko isn't totally worthless when you can just spam the X button to beat every single enemy with melee attacks, and the same goes for pretty much every FF game. People get all hyped about the FF7 materia system, but when was the last time you used it to actually cast spells and didn't just make everyones attack as high as possible and mash X through every battle? Augmenting stats with spells in FF8? More like junction Earth to attack and attack enemies. Can you even name any of the generic enemies in any FF games that aren't the mascot characters? I definitely can't, I've beaten FF7 twice and I couldn't name a single random encounter enemy or what element they're weak to if you asked.

I like the Atelier series for the same reason, or games in general where you can't just ignore most of the in-game systems and still win. NES JPGs required basically no thinking at all, and even the best of the SNES games like Chrono Trigger still basically just came down to "attack enemy, heal when hurt." In most JRPG's, if you can't win a fight, there's very little options in terms of trying a significantly different strategy, and usually losing just means your numbers aren't high enough and you need more numbers. In SMT games, there's tons of sideways progression that don't involve leveling at all, and even if you know exactly what you're doing the game still provides a challenge. Yeah, other games have similar mechanics to that of SMT, but SMT forces you to engage with those mechanics in an efficient way in order to win.

My opinion is less "SMT is boring" and "JRPGs are boring."

I like Fire Emblem because they've got strategy elements that make it more complex, I like Persona because they're got good writing, and I like the (earlier) Mario RPGs because they're funny and have real time action elements.

There's nothing wrong with liking the SMT games that don't emphasize the story as much, they're just not really my thing. I do like messing around to try to make the best dudes, but things like how status ailments don't stack (placing more emphasis on just stacking bigger numbers, not to mention they don't work on bosses) limit that more than I'd like.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cuntellectual posted:

There's nothing wrong with liking the SMT games that don't emphasize the story as much, they're just not really my thing. I do like messing around to try to make the best dudes, but things like how status ailments don't stack (placing more emphasis on just stacking bigger numbers, not to mention they don't work on bosses) limit that more than I'd like.

Yeah if you're not inherently into a majority of JRPGs I'm not surprised you're also not into mainline titles like Nocturne, or especially the earlier games like Soul Hackers, but the Press Turn system is a gift. I was more responding to the comment about how JRPG mechanics were effectively refined in the NES/SNES era and haven't been fundamentally improved upon since, which for one is factually incorrect, and is secondly upon further reflection actually a very dumb thing to say and I'm gonna chalk it up to they didn't actually think about that at all before typing it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Arist posted:

There's also Trinity Soul, in which he actually is a cop, but that show's terrible and non-canon as gently caress.
The main thing I remember about that show is that it had some pretty rocking music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3YTSJt2ec

I think I watched the entire thing when it came out, but I have pretty much zero recollection of what happened in the plot. I think the blue-haired girl turned out to be a replicant at one point, and then in the later episodes there was a lot of bullshit about a "whale's feather" but I have no idea what that is, why it's important or what happened to the main characters.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Doc Morbid posted:

The main thing I remember about that show is that it had some pretty rocking music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3YTSJt2ec

I think I watched the entire thing when it came out, but I have pretty much zero recollection of what happened in the plot. I think the blue-haired girl turned out to be a replicant at one point, and then in the later episodes there was a lot of bullshit about a "whale's feather" but I have no idea what that is, why it's important or what happened to the main characters.

I just read the plot synopsis and the main character's Personas are Cain and Abel, which considering how overt the symbolism in the series is seems silly even by that metric

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Shinjobi posted:

Most of the Ann moments fell flat to me, but if I hated Morgana for anything it's that he is the face of "LOL SORRY IT'S TIME FOR BED!!!"

Other than that Morgana was a nifty little dude to me.

:same:

I like Morgana okay, but he's such a hard-rear end about making me go to sleep early when I want to do stuff. I thought when he gets mad and runs away before the 5th palace, I'd be able to make some infiltration tools, but even in his absence, I still can't do it.

I assume maybe the consequence of you romancing Ann is that at the end when Morgana comes back as a regular cat and goes home with Joker, he takes his revenge by scratching all of his furniture.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

My cat's not a jerk, I gave her a piece of pepperoni today because she was being a good girl and doing the trick I taught her where she stands on her hind legs and waves her front paws at me and we all had a good time. But Koromaru is great though, not only does he have a social link but you can also take him on walks with other people to boost your link with them too.

e: I have now learned that feeding cats pepperoni is not a good idea - whoops

Please be careful about what you feed your cats. Foods like onion and chocolate are toxic for them.

More related to the thread, though:

From here: https://joker-arewethereyet.tumblr.com/post/161249036582

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 26, 2018

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Some of the Mementos conversations really feel like they should have had a second response.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

New Game Plus mission complete.

Sure, okay

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ajkalan posted:

New Game Plus mission complete.

Sure, okay

You know, I’m not convinced you ever have to pay the late fee. Every time I’ve been overdue, the clerk’s made up some excuse for me to not pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The first time I went it was waived, the second time I had no money. Are there any other ones? :v: