Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Matt left well before FFX I'm pretty sure, I mostly remember big idiots like Grouchio kept asking them weird things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Part of me feels guilty and partly to blame for him leaving, because I linked to his deviantart page and he wasn't happy about it, but it was only after he talked about it in a video and basically said 'hey it's there, go find it if you want'. :sigh:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

Really? General consensus here was so bad we chased Matt off of SA forever.

Yardbomb posted:

Matt left well before FFX I'm pretty sure, I mostly remember big idiots like Grouchio kept asking them weird things.
Matt was definitely around for the start of Final Fantasy 10, I remember talking to him about the trials.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Yardbomb posted:

He actually mentions being on SA during the FFX playthrough, specifically that we approved of Grand Wizard Wakka. We didn't deserve him.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Yardbomb posted:

I thought it was because he ventured into GBS and got scared off.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I remember him saying FFX was where people really started getting on their case for playing badly.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't really care that Matt doesn't post here.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Andrast posted:

I don't really care that Matt doesn't post here.

And I don't really care that you post here.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Accidentally racist Woolie is what gets me through the day

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Matt Quit posting here around the time probably because he couldn’t take the criticism well here at all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Do they post on Reddit at all?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
They used to, and still might occasionally. Their accounts are linked in the hotbar (or whatever) of the subreddit with their AMAs. From a quick glance it looks like Pat still makes the odd post every couple of days, Woolie might post once a week or less, and Matt has posted like 3 times in the past year.

Anyway yeah, Matt is really bad at taking criticism. My favourite instance of this was when they had Xavier Woods on and he got called out for telling one of his long, rambling stories and proceeded to go into an audible huff for the next 10 minutes. Like, this was the episode where Xavier discovered that Woolie was black mid-conversation and yet that was by far the most deliciously awkward bit of it all.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Nilbop posted:

this was the episode where Xavier discovered that Woolie was black mid-conversation

I must have missed this, which one was this?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Episode 163: Titancrimes!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He actually referenced it in the latest podcast when talking about dialects and code switching.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm glad that Matt is bringing back curses

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did Iconoclasts update? None of those jokes happened when they're sneaking out of the community center, when I first played it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Did Iconoclasts update? None of those jokes happened when they're sneaking out of the community center, when I first played it.

yeah the old ones were gross and kind of at odds with the soldiers portrayal throughout the rest of the game

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Pat apparently checked Iconoclasts out separately for about 15 minutes, but did not really like the physics or jumping for some reason he can't really fathom.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Maybe the Matt/Liam-est video ever, four and a half hours of Wii Shop Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqw7enlXmN4

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I'm one of the 12 guys in the country who actually bought a WII U but even for me this is the hardest I've ever passed on any video.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Then for additional context I'll say they're not even playing games, it's a "Liam clicks on literally every WiiWare store listing and recites trivia about shovelware" video.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

MonsterEnvy posted:

Pat apparently checked Iconoclasts out separately for about 15 minutes, but did not really like the physics or jumping for some reason he can't really fathom.

I bounced off the game in the same hard to explain way, sometimes the elements don't quite click with ya... He's said before that he can't get into games like La-Mulana or Kirby(?iirc) because the controls or method of attack feels too confined.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If you want to check out actual good Liam content his blind Kingdom Hearts playthroughs are pretty good especially the two hours of him fighting Sephiroth while the chat descends into complete loving insanity

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

If you want to check out actual good Liam content his blind Kingdom Hearts playthroughs are pretty good especially the two hours of him fighting Sephiroth while the chat descends into complete loving insanity

I liked the part where he figured out the gimmick behind Orginization XIII's naming scheme. It was a real Redips moment.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

lets hang out posted:

yeah the old ones were gross and kind of at odds with the soldiers portrayal throughout the rest of the game

I think they were funnier. Do you know if anything else got changed? PS4 doesn't say anything specific.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuofwKWpoLQ

Small ginger man mainlines smack live on stream

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
https://twitter.com/Fenrir_Lives/status/978155604517715968

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh my god, he literally said 50% off is better than 75% off

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I also have a pretty addictive personality and I'm not even half as bad as Pat gets. drat

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Pat needs help.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
His audience gives him all the help he needs, evidently.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

"I've been watching Legend of galactic heroes"

"Oh, I see. What would you compare it to?"

"Hmm, 0083 Gundam"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait who is watching LOGH?

and in regards to the comparison, we're sure we do not have to tell you that Baccarat LOGH is to punto banco Gundam what a fine wine is to a toilet full of spoiled meat.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm grateful that there's going to be a new hotness LOGH so we can forget old busted LOGH.

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I'm grateful that there's going to be a new hotness LOGH so we can forget old busted LOGH.

Ok now you're just being crazy.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Wait, how much did he spend?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

He spent 75

this entire blow-up is because of 75 dollars

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That's a lot of money on space hats imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

lets hang out posted:

That's a lot of money on space hats imo

I just sold a dota item for 900 dollars and it sells at least 5 times a day on the steam marketplace, for that single item. It has also skyrocketed in price, rising 300 dollars in the last four days.

75 is nothing these days