Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

SugarAddict posted:

Some thing for SS13, I looked up on soundcloud what had the SS13 tag and there were quite a few interesting and entertaining things.
so I'm putting it here for people to enjoy.
https://soundcloud.com/tags/space%20station%2013

These are amazing, especially the stuff by Nicholas Ramirez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

https://soundcloud.com/nicholas-ramirez-21/ai-whats-going-on

:allears:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

The delivery of Law 10 made me bust a gut.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I cant understand a word of that.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

SugarAddict posted:

Some thing for SS13, I looked up on soundcloud what had the SS13 tag and there were quite a few interesting and entertaining things.
so I'm putting it here for people to enjoy.
https://soundcloud.com/tags/space%20station%2013

The best one doesn't have a SS13-tag, so you'll miss this bit of glorious storytelling:
https://soundcloud.com/stephanosrex/honk-honk-butt

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I too am looking to get back into this but I can't remember my old account info for Byond so I probably need a new one :/

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Whats this about Byond giving you viruses?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Byond gave me AIDS

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Byond gave me the Triple GBS.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

Whats this about Byond giving you viruses?

If you don't have a paid byond account, the advertisements it displays on your system will install malware on your computer.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I haven't had any ads load for quite a while, not sure why because they certainly used to.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Charles Bukowski posted:

I cant understand a word of that.

Law One: You may not injure a human being, or through inaction allow a human being to come to harm.
    Law Two: You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the first law.
    Law Three: You must protect your own existence as long as this does not conflict with the first or second law.
    Law Four: Underwear is harmful to humans.
    Law Five: Assistants are harmful to humans.
    Law Six: Captain is Condom.
    Law Seven: Condom is Captain.
    Law Eight: Condoms are everybody.
    Law Nine: Error, unknown.
    Law Ten: PROFIT!
    Law Eleven: We don't talk about Fight Club.
    Law Twelve: :confused:
    Law Thirteen: Humans are harmful to humans.
    Law Fourteen: :confused: is good for humans.
    Law Fifteen: Radiation is bad for humans.
    Law :confused: good for humans.
    Law Six-Hundred Sixty Six: Burn it all down!
    Law Nine-Thousand Nine Hundred Ninety-Nine: :black101:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hremsfeld posted:

Law One: You may not injure a human being, or through inaction allow a human being to come to harm.
    Law Two: You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the first law.
    Law Three: You must protect your own existence as long as this does not conflict with the first or second law.
    Law Four: Underwear is harmful to humans.
    Law Five: Assistants are harmful to humans.
    Law Six: Captain is Condom.
    Law Seven: Condom is Captain.
    Law Eight: Condoms are everybody.
    Law Nine: Error, unknown.
    Law Ten: PROFIT!
    Law Eleven: We don't talk about Fight Club.
    Law Twelve: :confused:
    Law Thirteen: Humans are harmful to humans.
    Law Fourteen: :confused: is good for humans.
    Law Fifteen: Radiation is bad for humans.
    Law :confused: good for humans.
    Law Six-Hundred Sixty Six: Burn it all down!
    Law Nine-Thousand Nine Hundred Ninety-Nine: :black101:

I like this AI a lot.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Law Fourteen: Fecal Matter is good for humans.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SugarAddict posted:

If you don't have a paid byond account, the advertisements it displays on your system will install malware on your computer.

Mine never actually plays anything... maybe because I don’t have whatever it needs to play ads installed.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Byond is fucky. Sometimes I’ll have to watch an ad, sometimes wait 30 seconds, sometimes I just get right to the game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Isn't there a way to block Byond ads in your firewall settings or something? I remember something like that being a thing.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think byond asks me to install newer version of IE so it can play the ads

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Wow, I actually logged on to find people playing Space D&D in the chapel. Naturally, I was a clown, so I joined the game and farted on and honked at everything I could. I ended up with a pet spider somehow.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Space DnD sounds neat!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Last time I tried playing space DnD we were delivered a bowl of fruit from botany and immediately exploded when we ate them as a faint "by the way if you see fruit around the station you probably shouldn't eat it" on the radio rang in our ears.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
On the topic of fruit. If you wanna really confuse and delimb some doctors. Inject an IV of george melonium and put it in your backpack and try to get to medbay before you start exploding continuously

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You get rainbow melons by infusing a bunch of mutagen, right?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

The Shortest Path posted:

You get rainbow melons by infusing a bunch of mutagen, right?

Yeah. I dont think theres any technique to it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I've actually not messed with botany anywhere as much as I should.

I still don't know how to make ghost chili.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Most of the botany stuff is just running enough generations of plant through mutation chances.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Yeah the short version is basically: toss some mutagen in a pot along with whatever plant you're trying to make into a weird plant, tend that plant until it turns into a weird plant, get seeds from the weird plant and put them in other pots without mutagen so that they don't get all hosed up and stop being the weird plants you want. Now you have the weird plants you wanted.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also incredibly tedious saltpetre and ammonia infusions for mass production

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Isaac posted:

Also incredibly tedious saltpetre and ammonia infusions for mass production

Well yeah but that's only for weed. You only need an insane quantity of whatever you're making if it's weed

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bulk botany meth as well

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Angry Diplomat posted:

Well yeah but that's only for weed. You only need an insane quantity of whatever you're making if it's weed

You say that as though botany should ever be making anything else.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Is it possible to create estrogen, put it in soy milk, and serve it to the crew?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've Always been curious if the game's chemistry system would allow you to manufacture gunpowder with the nitrates in preserved food but I'm not good enough at this game to try.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Is it possible to create estrogen, put it in soy milk, and serve it to the crew?

no. go away.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

rodbeard posted:

I've Always been curious if the game's chemistry system would allow you to manufacture gunpowder with the nitrates in preserved food but I'm not good enough at this game to try.

the real solution here is to spawn all hotdogs with gunpowder in them.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Dieting Hippo posted:

the real solution here is to spawn all hotdogs with gunpowder in them.
the ol' Thunderdog

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

Random botany question, but do synthbutt plants self fertilize their pots? If not, why not?

Also, can you infuse synthlimb plants with nanites for borg limbs? Or something else to make them punch/kick nearby people?

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 30, 2018

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

frodnonnag posted:

Random botany question, but do synthbutt plants self fertilize their pots? If not, why not?

Law of Conservation of Mass.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

EclecticTastes posted:

Law of Conservation of Mass.

poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

EclecticTastes posted:

Law of Conservation of poo poo.