Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

*ed* whoa wrong thread.

But I am looking forward to Far Cry 5!

As long as the bow is still good and fun to use its more than well worth it to me. No games get the "feel" of a bow as solid as fun as Far Cry does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Ultimate Mango posted:

I’m sad it looks like one gun and a sidearm. And the bow isn’t a sidearm.

You can carry 3 weapons and a side arm with upgrades. I think it’s three — right now I have 2 full-sized weapons(bow, AR) and a pistol

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Does it have a sense of humour like 4? I felt what it lacked in story it made up for with Pagan Min's dialogue and some comical characters. I just watched the opening scene and it was very dry.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

omg chael crash posted:

You can carry 3 weapons and a side arm with upgrades. I think it’s three — right now I have 2 full-sized weapons(bow, AR) and a pistol

Yeah isn't it usually like 1 main weapon and pistol, other 2 you gotta hunt XYZ for skins to upgrade your pouches?

The one thing that really sells me on this game is the look. I live in Ontario and I know the game's set in Montana, but I have always lived in small towns all my life, and small towns are small towns no matter where you are. I see a lot of "familiar" style sights in this game that I rarely see in games in general cause its always exotic or fantasy or sci fi locations and I super dig it.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
does this game have a rolling release date or does it only release at 12am new york time or some such?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mycroft Holmes posted:

does this game have a rolling release date or does it only release at 12am new york time or some such?

All signs point to global at 12AM EST on the 27th.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Orv posted:

All signs point to global at 12AM EST on the 27th.
I just read it releases at 8PM PST on the 26th, so 10 CST and 11 EST.

Steam currently says it will unlock in 20 hours so I think this is correct.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

According to uplay ot unlocks at 00:00 CET.

Apparently ubisoft making two different release times based on distribution platform is a thing now.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sedisp posted:

I agree but I can think of no other reason this was done other than to avoid offending potential alt right dollars.

This triple A first person shooter in development before Trump was created to avoid offending a political movement that didn't exist.

You can be mad the game isn't about shooting the alt right without getting silly, dude.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lmao, I hope the game unlocks soon for you guys, because the arguing over the cultists is unbearable.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

shut up blegum posted:

Lmao, I hope the game unlocks soon for you guys, because the arguing over the cultists is unbearable.

I'm just gonna be yelling 'kill whitey' no matter who's on the other end of my barrels :kiddo:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

This triple A first person shooter in development before Trump was created to avoid offending a political movement that didn't exist.

You can be mad the game isn't about shooting the alt right without getting silly, dude.

Hmm yes after a game is in development it is impossible to change.

I mean Montana has a massive black population of .41 percent so it makes sense that a militant Christian cult has a diverse group of followers.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Mar 26, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The cult was diverse from day one, dude. You don't need to add weirdo conspiracies.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

The cult was diverse from day one, dude. You don't need to add weirdo conspiracies.

No it probably wasn't and it's not really a conspiracy so much as altering a game to make the message less "controversial" due to a change on political climate.

Or they could have made a traditionally white orginization in a nearly entirely white state and made them diverse for...... reasons.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Maybe most of the cultists arent from the area, maybe something else, maybe go gently caress yourself.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The PSN version unlocks at midnight BST in the UK. I assume the Steam and Xbox downloads do too.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Sedisp posted:

No it probably wasn't and it's not really a conspiracy so much as altering a game to make the message less "controversial" due to a change on political climate.

Or they could have made a traditionally white orginization in a nearly entirely white state and made them diverse for...... reasons.

They could have made it clearly a Trump and white supremacist based cult and enjoyed news stories, magazine articles, and loads of free press and bigger sales as a result.

They didn’t.

I know it’s tempting to say “They’re making/avoiding a political statement, argh!” But it’s fine, let it go.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sedisp posted:

The very first footage released showed black guys being inducted into the cult.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Reviews are out. Here is one. Basically, it's Far Cry.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-25-far-cry-5-review

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Actually it's about ethics in video game cult composition.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Sounds like the game is good, I'm a bit worried about the limited amount of money though. I don't want to grind just so I can buy a pink car!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luDAXBk1ujM

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
What odds can I get that at least one American review will bemoan the fact that, unlike previous far cry games, this one isn’t set in an “exotic” location, conveniently forgetting that the majority of gamers aren’t American?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cultural Marxist posted:

What odds can I get that at least one American review will bemoan the fact that, unlike previous far cry games, this one isn’t set in an “exotic” location, conveniently forgetting that the majority of gamers aren’t American?

Even within the context of America, this isn't a particularly exotic locale though. I mean there are better, more interesting place they could have shown off, like the Mojave in New Vegas.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 26, 2018

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cultural Marxist posted:

1:1

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Get this nuclear take: it's racist and sexist to think black people or women aren't capable of being cultists.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Also I went home on my lunch break and meticulously checked every cultists cultural and social background blew up a cultist stronghold, it was fun.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

The very first footage released showed black guys being inducted into the cult.

Oh the very first footage that was released post alt right is your proof for it was diverse all along. yeah okay dude.

Cultural Marxist posted:

I mean let's be real here. America has a lot of unique things about it but Montana isn't one of them. That and all our unique animals come in browns greys and blacks.

Here's an American big cat.

Here's one in Mexico.

One of those looks radder than the other.

American animals are what happens when God's inkjet is running low.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 26, 2018

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
One is standing on a rock the other is wrestling a rock though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sedisp posted:

Oh the very first footage that was released post alt right is your proof for it was diverse all along. yeah okay dude.

The game was announced before Trump's campaign got rolling.

Are you trying to take Lumpy's crown for concern trolling or something?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

The game was announced before Trump's campaign got rolling.

Are you trying to take Lumpy's crown for concern trolling or something?

Already said it likely was changed during development gently caress the only review in this thread mentions the exact same thing.

I don't know who lumpy is or what concern trolling is. Sounds made up.

Buller posted:

One is standing on a rock the other is wrestling a rock though.

American cats rasslin' skill is rarely modeled in game unfortunately.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 26, 2018

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
You can unlock a cougar as your companion by the way. The cat type.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

shut up blegum posted:

You can unlock a cougar as your companion by the way. The cat type.

There's almost no way both types arent recruitable.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sedisp posted:

Already said it likely was changed during development gently caress the only review in this thread mentions the exact same thing.

I don't know who lumpy is or what concern trolling is. Sounds made up.

Since Assassins Creed Unity Ubisoft have had male and female enemies across a range of ethnicities, there's no indication that they've suddenly changed this because of the alt right's influence.

You're expressing actual, genuine anger at the fact a company have a diverse cast - and you're blaming this on racists. That's staggeringly naive or deliberately obtuse.

Were you one of those weirdos up in arms about black women in the recent Call of Duty?

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Mar 26, 2018

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I just wanna know if you can use the sniper companion like Quiet in MGS5, telling them who to shoot. I like being able to point at people and watching them die without actually doing anything both in games and real life.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

You're expressing actual, genuine anger at the fact a company have a diverse cast - and you're blaming this on racists. That's staggeringly naive or deliberately obtuse.

Uhhh if you're getting anger out of these posts you're projecting hardcore. generic enemies that have no personality beyond shootting them are not a cast my dude.

You'll notice I'm not complaining about any of the protagonists are not white or that you can make a non white character. I'm not white after all. But i do find it pretty weird that its only okay to have the badguys be uniform in ethnicity when they're not a problem thats largely a white people thing.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 26, 2018

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Just released on Uplay

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ubisoft have had diverse enemies and protagonists for a while now. You're trying to twist it into some alt right appeasement theory. That's pretty weird at best, dude.

Who is saying uniform enemies are OK, by the way? You've suddenly switched the discussion.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

holy poo poo who the gently caress cares

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

shortspecialbus posted:

Actually it's about ethnicities in video game cult composition.

:cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mr Scumbag posted:

I just wanna know if you can use the sniper companion like Quiet in MGS5, telling them who to shoot. I like being able to point at people and watching them die without actually doing anything both in games and real life.

Yes. You can select enemies through your camera/binoculars and then give the kill order.
Same with the dog attack. The dog attacks aren't stealthy like in mgs5 though, keep that in mind.