Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i hope mike is in the next smash bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
it's been like 130 years and nintendo can't stop making hanafuda cards lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://twitter.com/NirtendoAmerica/status/976918361371226112

Oh Nintendo you beautiful bastards

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Took me a while

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

gently caress i just noticed that's not their real account!!!!!$ :redass: I feel owned

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm playing Bayo 1/2 for the first time and I'm having a blast. I'm poo poo at combos but it's fun to just mash and smash. Is platinum the highest trophy you can get or is there a pure platinum trophy? (gently caress I hope not)

Okay bye.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

I'm playing Bayo 1/2 for the first time and I'm having a blast. I'm poo poo at combos but it's fun to just mash and smash. Is platinum the highest trophy you can get or is there a pure platinum trophy? (gently caress I hope not)

Okay bye.

There is Pure Platinum

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cobalt Viper posted:

Okay bye.

There is a Pure Platinum trophy

don't accidentally get one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cobalt Viper posted:

Okay bye.

Pure platinum is platinum + no hit if I remember correctly

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Pure platinum is platinum + no hit if I remember correctly

It's getting a Pure Platinum medal in every verse in a chapter

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

It's fun to get pure platinums but don't worry about your rank the first time playing through, the ranking system is there to encourage replaying stuff and mastering the combat system after you've cleared the game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Yeah you literally can’t get the good trophies without knowing exactly where all the hidden fights are so just have a good time and punch everything your first time through.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

It's getting a Pure Platinum medal in every verse in a chapter
You're insane but in the good Howard Hughes kind of way where you invent airplanes and poo poo.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

don't accidentally get one

100% this particularly on higher difficulties it will break you

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I thought I was gonna be annoyed at the QTE stuff because there were a few right at the end of chapter 2 or 3 that I didn't expect and hosed up my death count, but there's only been like one in the following ten chapters

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The one with the church flying at you or whatever is completely inexcusable

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I like how they do it in Bayonetta 2 where (except the easy ones at the end of boss fights) cutscene QTEs don't really exist, but there are still spots where if you hit dodge at correct secret moments during cutscenes you'll start the following fight with a couple seconds of witch time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bayonetta 1 has some horrible qtes towards the end of the game, glad that wasnt in 2 lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

I thought I was gonna be annoyed at the QTE stuff because there were a few right at the end of chapter 2 or 3 that I didn't expect and hosed up my death count, but there's only been like one in the following ten chapters

They suck rear end

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
[in sega start up screen voice] nintendoooo.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i ahte loki in bayo2 but the gameplay is so good it makes up for it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

I.N.R.I posted:

[in sega start up screen voice] nintendoooo.

:pwn:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I once spent over an hour trying to find if a video existed of the Sega scream guy doing the voice but it doesn't exist

Same with the guy for the 1994 Killer Instinct voice

No videos anywhere :(

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had not died in this level but then died 5 times at this and was so rattled.

2 is pretty much perfect though. I’m trying to get all platinum statues on hard and am doing okay except the depths has really hosed me.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
thinkin about restartig stardew on switch but when i played it on pc there was only one farm map. whats the best farm map to start with

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

I had not died in this level but then died 5 times at this and was so rattled.

2 is pretty much perfect though. I’m trying to get all platinum statues on hard and am doing okay except the depths has really hosed me.

There's no wrong way to do it, but IMO its worth saving your energy to shoot for platinums on Infinite Climax. It's not THAT much harder than hard mode mechanically, it's just more intense and fun thanks to remixed enemy encounters and new boss movesets. Also it doesn't take away your witch time like Bayo 1 did

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

goferchan posted:

There's no wrong way to do it, but IMO its worth saving your energy to shoot for platinums on Infinite Climax. It's not THAT much harder than hard mode mechanically, it's just more intense and fun thanks to remixed enemy encounters and new boss movesets. Also it doesn't take away your witch time like Bayo 1 did

I didn’t realize that you could keep witch time so I equipped the beads the first time I tried it and had a tough time. I’ll probably revisit it v soon. I’m basically done with plat on hard anyways.

Is using Rosa for infinite climax a good idea? I found it was super easy to get some plat trophies with her

I usually use bayo with rashaska/alrune which is prob scrub tier weapons or whatever but I am used to the combos and they are quick. I’m trying to learn how to do the dodge offsets but I find it loving hard.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Rosas real good if you like her moveset and don't plan on ever getting hit -- she takes so much damage though that just getting scratched will completely tank your score. Personally tho I use Bayo with the accessory that gives you Umbran Armor climaxes, the one that refills a couple magic orbs when you run out, and then the Link costume for the free parrying ability. Katana (with the name I forget) on hands and Alarune on feet

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dodge offsets will click eventually, the timing windows are pretty generous. Once I got in the habit of holding down on the buttons for a second when I attacked instead of just tapping them it became a lot easier to string in dodges. Infinite Climax will make you get good at them because enemies are way more resistant to hitstun and will interrupt your combos more, so dodge offset becomes the only way to consistently pull off wicked weaves

edit: and idk what weapons are scrub tier but Alarune owns IMO. During Witch Time the press-and-hold attack that lassos enemies and slams them on the ground works on almost every enemy, even really really big ones you wouldn't expect it to, and being able to stun them for a second (from basically any range) is super helpful to give you a little breathing room in group fights or just get some free hits in when it's 1 on 1

edit edit: also add me at 1805-8230-2429 if you ever wanna play some Tag Climax, it's super fun

goferchan fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 26, 2018

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I mastered dodge offsets in that one alfheim where all your attacks are parried except for wicked weaves so you're forced to cancel everything, and after like half an hour of trying my brain was fried and I couldn't think normally for a while

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yea this specific one pissed me off so much. I died twice and it hosed my ranking. Then I realized I was gonna get stone statues for most of the game anyway and didn't care so much

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bump_fn posted:

thinkin about restartig stardew on switch but when i played it on pc there was only one farm map. whats the best farm map to start with

they all kind of even out in the end. i did the hilltop farm the last time around, and the extra ore every few days was OK. i feel like the forest map's renewable wood would be a nice perk, esp since it has regenerating hardwood stumps.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Thumper’s on sale for 12 bucks, so i bought it and it fuckin owns. good poo poo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I mastered dodge offsets in that one alfheim where all your attacks are parried except for wicked weaves so you're forced to cancel everything, and after like half an hour of trying my brain was fried and I couldn't think normally for a while

That one genuinely made me throw a controller against the floor

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I want to play Bayo but I also want to not buy any new games until I finish my current lot but also I only play Splatoon apparently. Salmon Run is my addiction.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Thumper’s on sale for 12 bucks, so i bought it and it fuckin owns. good poo poo
It's amazing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Did anyone get the alliance alive. It looks generic but maybe fun

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mario rules!!!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

That one genuinely made me throw a controller against the floor

It's insane, eventually I broke my muscle memory and on one attempt I just dodged in a circle for like ten seconds and my fingers couldn't remember how to make me attack. It hosed me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kirby Star Allies got me in a major Kirby mood...Probably going to replay all the Kirby games