Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Croatoan posted:

Uh duh he says right there that other ceramic knives are like 95% or less zirconium dioxide or some poo poo so it obviously sucks.

Fake edit, lol @ the obvious pre cut on the bread as someone already pointed out and WTF why buy a fancy bread knife. It's literally the only knife in the kitchen you can cheap out on.

Yeah, I got one of these for £10 and it’s excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

pledged of 0 goal. Dude's grifting and might as well with how stupid americans are with kitchen knives.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

Besides quality, what does not knowing what they've been used for matter?

I guess wood handled knives could harbor bacteria despite cleaning, but otoh wooden cutting boards are more anti microbial than plastic so shrug

It's the general idea of I have no idea what this was used on and where and who used it. Plus gently caress yes quality. Come to think of it, I have never cooked in a hotel room or air bnb kitchen. I might have A Thing.

I still travel with my knives because a food-based emergency can happen anytime.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

pledged of 0 goal. Dude's grifting and might as well with how stupid americans are with kitchen knives.

I reported it for false claims, based on the presliced bread gif.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

iospace posted:

I spent 13* dollars on a new bread knife and I don't regret a single cent. When I finally got around to viewing that kickstarter on my computer instead of phone, I completely facepalmed at the dude cutting bread with a straight blade.

*after 50 dollars in gift cards.

I haven't had a serrated knife in my knife roll in ages. Currently using a $30 round tip 16" slicer for breads among other uses.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

BrianBoitano posted:

As of 30 mins ago it's already suspended.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

fizzymercy posted:

It's the general idea of I have no idea what this was used on and where and who used it. Plus gently caress yes quality. Come to think of it, I have never cooked in a hotel room or air bnb kitchen. I might have A Thing.

I still travel with my knives because a food-based emergency can happen anytime.

I travel with knives because I like cooking with sharp knives, and accommodation almost never has them.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

BrianBoitano posted:

You fuckstick, how am I supposed to get my VeganBlade now!!?!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

BrianBoitano posted:

Thumposaurus posted:

As of 30 mins ago it's already suspended.
Bahaha good job goons!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Heh. Might have (also?) been because they bought their own product to try and drum up buzz. I'm no expert, but their progress over time seems a bit fishy. No Twitter or FB presence, no cross promotions I can find, yet he got 43 backers in the first 24 hours? And only 10 in the 3 days since then?

Could be real sales but smells a bit off.

e: awww

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 27, 2018

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'm surprised kickstarter doesn't have it in their TOS that you can't fund an already completed project.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

What?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

He had in the description that he already has 500 of them and it's just a super generic knife profile with his ceramic blend. There's no actual R&D that needs to be funded. It's just raising capital to cover for that initial order.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yeah, that is odd. I mean from KS perspective a buck is a buck, and it's the first run so it kinda fits the whole "help recoup the costs of this project and get discounted rates" thing.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
5year wife bday coming up soon. torn between taking her to the fanciest restaurant in town and trying to do an elaboratething.

usually when I think elaboratething, I think of traditional expensive things in the current spirit of the times. duck, foie, lobster, caviar, crab, sashimi, fancy mushrooms, blah. like my menu just shooting from the hip would be oysters maybe, chawanmushi with stone crab claws, caviar, and chanterelles, flounder sashimi w/ponzu, beef shortribs with a celeriac mash, cheesecake dessert - but that's like the "fancy" menu I come up with year after year after year, with some variation

I think I'm kinda narrowminded when it comes to elaboratethings is my conclusion - what would y'all do to pull out the stops for a special partner or your dream tasting menu?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mindphlux posted:

5year wife bday coming up soon. torn between taking her to the fanciest restaurant in town and trying to do an elaboratething.

usually when I think elaboratething, I think of traditional expensive things in the current spirit of the times. duck, foie, lobster, caviar, crab, sashimi, fancy mushrooms, blah. like my menu just shooting from the hip would be oysters maybe, chawanmushi with stone crab claws, caviar, and chanterelles, flounder sashimi w/ponzu, beef shortribs with a celeriac mash, cheesecake dessert - but that's like the "fancy" menu I come up with year after year after year, with some variation

I think I'm kinda narrowminded when it comes to elaboratethings is my conclusion - what would y'all do to pull out the stops for a special partner or your dream tasting menu?

Let her peg you.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

therattle posted:

Let her peg you.

:eyepop:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So, spatchcocked turkey?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
“Oil well. Stuff the anal cavity with lemons, garlic and rosemary”

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Tournedos Rossini

Kalista
Oct 18, 2001

mindphlux posted:

I'd ask what they would like. Maybe they just want the best drat fried chicken you're capable of making?

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

therattle posted:

Let her peg you.

NO SQUASHY

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

pr0k posted:

NO SQUASHY MOM

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

therattle posted:

“Oil well. Stuff the anal cavity with lemons, garlic and rosemary”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eftd-Jsczqs&t=169s

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Why have i never heard of this?!

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

therattle posted:

Let her peg you.

lol "let her"

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Obviously you know her better than us but in reading your ideas it seems like they're more of "what mindphlux thinks is cool" than "Mrs mindphlux's favorites." I could be off base with that reading, but maybe find out if there's something that she's been wanting to try and hasn't, etc.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udBE4NXZpjU

First 30 seconds legit got me

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
In my continuing amazement at all of the great good in las Vegas, I have now discovered a New Mexican diner with absolutely perfect chili. Holy cow am I happy about that.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mr. Wiggles posted:

In my continuing amazement at all of the great good in las Vegas, I have now discovered a New Mexican diner with absolutely perfect chili. Holy cow am I happy about that.

Does it have beans?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

New Mexico chili doesn't have beans, or even meat. It is in fact chili peppers.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So you found chile.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I don't think you "get" chili.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I found a pretty great place in western Massachusetts that does a great bean only chilly. Hard to tell what they spice it with (tobasco? idk) but it has some definite bite to it. Some of the better boston/area eats!

E: actually iirc they had optional greek yogurt you could get to ~cool your jets~ or whatever

Worf fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 4, 2018

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I don't think you "get" chili.

and I don't think you "get" chile :discourse:

Statutory Ape posted:

bean only chilly

the ultimate troll

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I've been watching a lot of Scott Rea and now I want to try cooking lamb's hearts. :shepface:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Pollyanna posted:

I've been watching a lot of Scott Rea and now I want to try cooking lamb's hearts. :shepface:

Do it, post pics, all hail Scott Rea.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Lamb heart good. marinade it in aji amarillo and grill it super hot.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pile of brown posted:

Obviously you know her better than us but in reading your ideas it seems like they're more of "what mindphlux thinks is cool" than "Mrs mindphlux's favorites." I could be off base with that reading, but maybe find out if there's something that she's been wanting to try and hasn't, etc.

naw that's legit

in other news lol which one of y'all got interviewed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuHVUNISceA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Wow, I'm actually impressed at the production value. Serious Eats videos have come a long way.