Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i kinda want to try it just to see what's up but, man, $24 plain pepperoni twelve-incher with $6 delivery fee is a really loving bad deal over here. like, https://www.picariga.lv/ is considered to be a rather upmarket pizza affair over here and you cant just compare the prices. the only thing that local pizza hut has in similar price range is 12" margarita that is (official pic) just a loving dough disk

this works fine in korea and china because korean and chinese pizza is an abomination

(speaking as a korean person who lived in new york for a year)

apparently they seem to have ok pies in latvia. so continue consuming the ok pies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

that's a contributing factor but it's not the main one. america is fatter than most first-world nations, and places like japan with highly mechanized labor have far lower obesity rates than the USA

it's the easy availability of refined sugars and complex carbohydrates, mostly, and americans' inability to keep from gorging themselves on them

i’d say our lovely labor law/decline in work-life balance/the grinding of capitalism/lack of social safety net is also largely to blame

you can track the rise in obesity along as wages stagnate since the 70s and it strongly follows poverty

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

when the only certainty is death (which also cannot be afforded) u buy a dodge pickup truck and five extra value meals

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

like, https://www.picariga.lv/ is considered to be a rather upmarket pizza affair over here and you cant just compare the prices.

your pizza looks like a dishrag

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

the international and the like are not concerned with ancient 30-somethings primarily or secondarily
the more i think about it, they're really not analogous at all. the international is really promoting the game itself, i think. they're really not concerned with anything other than ensuring that the millions and millions of 30 yuan microtransactions keep pouring in.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Laslow posted:

the more i think about it, they're really not analogous at all. the international is really promoting the game itself, i think. they're really not concerned with anything other than ensuring that the millions and millions of 30 yuan microtransactions keep pouring in.

pretty close thing to boxing promotion in the era where it was all done by the mob who also handled the gambling

it's a fair bit more ethical, tho, with the lack of brain hits

but not that much, since they all take amphetamines at that level

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
though bookies had to pay out real money, whereas valve sells you worthless digital items.

not saying that sports are any better. any time i watch sports on a european stream, it's all ads for Bet88.eu or whatever and US TV is draftkings and fanduel nonstop.

ultimately both kinds of sports are supported by bilking morons and deplorable for essentially the same reasons. just don't be a fuckin' rube, either by blowing your money on schemes for idiots, or drinking inferior beer because it's the Official Beer of the Nashville Predators™.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bob dobbs is dead posted:

this works fine in korea and china because korean and chinese pizza is an abomination

(speaking as a korean person who lived in new york for a year)

apparently they seem to have ok pies in latvia. so continue consuming the ok pies

yeah local pies are fairly good, but we usually male them really small (like pierogi)

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah local pies are fairly good, but we usually male them really small (like pierogi)

:eyepop:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

eschaton posted:

how do Japanese and Korean and Cuban etc. baseball differ from US AL & NL baseball?

why aren’t Asian and Latin American teams part of the World Series?

finnish baseball is a completely different game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

don’t tell me you’re surprised about pirozhki, Bulgaria

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

leaving that autocorrect as it were

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

lol stymie thinks service Jobs involve sitting behind a desk all day

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Munkeymon posted:

lol stymie thinks service Jobs involve sitting behind a desk all day

dont ever talk to me or my millwright ever again. :mad:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

President Beep posted:

dont ever talk to me or my millwright ever again. :mad:

lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Uber has drawn more blood than Theranos ever did

:drat:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Waroduce posted:

I played baseball for 22 years. I started when I was 5 or 6 and it put me through college. I was on city all star teams from 7th grade through High school. I attended a top 25 program and I am supremely qualified to tell that baseball is actually bad and dumb. It is also incredibly boring and I played catcher so I was consistently involved throughout the game. I Called games but oh my god it was so soul crushingly boring. I got my first cell phone, a lovely Nokia brick, when I was young just so I could call my parents to get picked up so they didn't habe to sit there.

I wish I had played soccer

Some people have a short attention span and can't be asked to participate in things that don't involve bright flashing colors and constant action, and that's okay. We're all capable in our own way.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

pizza hut had incredible success in china marketing itself as super upmarket and decided to do literally every other country except the us that way

works fine in korea, maybe not in east europe

I thought they kept the cheap branding all over the anglosphere

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Laslow posted:

not saying that sports are any better. any time i watch sports on a european stream, it's all ads for Bet88.eu or whatever and US TV is draftkings and fanduel nonstop.

betting services are metastasizing, at movie theaters now I see ads for an app that's basically fantasy sports for movie earnings

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Laslow posted:

i kinda wonder about what Blizzard is doing with OWL because they charged each team $20mil to start a franchise and twitch paid over $90mil to stream it

their sponsors include hp, t-mobile, Toyota and... sour patch kids

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Some people have a short attention span and can't be asked to participate in things that don't involve bright flashing colors and constant action, and that's okay. We're all capable in our own way.

lol

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
It's real funny how there's people who whine about baseball being too boring, yet they watch american football

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Butt posted:

It's stunning to me how much nerds resent sports. You got beat up by the football team twenty years ago. Get over it.

the football team all has traumatic brain injuries so i'm already well over it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

fishmech posted:

It's real funny how there's people who whine about baseball being too boring, yet they watch american football

#allsportsaregood

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Do jocks actually beat people up or is that some poo poo we all just internalized from tv like if you don't lose your virginity by the time you're 27 that makes you a loser?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

ArmZ posted:

#allsportsaregood

especially this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin-kicking

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

muckswirler posted:

Do jocks actually beat people up or is that some poo poo we all just internalized from tv like if you don't lose your virginity by the time you're 27 that makes you a loser?

If you don't lose your virginity by the time you're 27 you absolutely are a loser, yes.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If you don't lose your virginity by the time you're 27 you absolutely are a loser, yes.

mega agreedo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

muckswirler posted:

i think that maybe it was a thing way back in the 70s and earlier and became internalized as a media trope yeah

at my high school the jocks and band nerds coexisted peacefully. there were one or two 'bullies' but everyone saw it for what it was and- i guess we didn't hate them we more ignored them or just rolled our eyes whenver they tried to act tough

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hey tori i drove past tropicana field yesterday when taking someone to the bus station and i got to talk about how ridiculous that place's weird rules are thanks to this thread :tipshat:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

ArmZ posted:

#allsportsaregood

#notallsports

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ate all the Oreos posted:

hey tori i drove past tropicana field yesterday when taking someone to the bus station and i got to talk about how ridiculous that place's weird rules are thanks to this thread :tipshat:

they should make all baseball stadiums like that. just go full skeeball

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

if you approach it from the right angle it looks like a giant alien flying saucer crash-landed in a parking lot it's kinda neat

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

even pictures inside make it sad and depressing. everything is awful about tropicana field

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

muckswirler posted:

i was on tennis team in hs and some of the wrestling team tried to bully us a few times

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ate all the Oreos posted:

tropicana field

please don't call it by its slave name

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

somethings people want to classify as sports are not. it's video games

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

pizza hut had incredible success in china marketing itself as super upmarket and decided to do literally every other country except the us that way

works fine in korea, maybe not in east europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STwEqxtjMCU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wonder how much this product placement cost them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ArmZ posted:

wonder how much this product placement cost them

pepsi basically funded that movie based on all their brands representation.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 26, 2018