Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
A-Force is available too; those still take forever, even though you can lightly farm their bios from the token store now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Damnit Emma. I had some lucky streaks on the gearing making me get temporarily hopeful. 96.5% left on the fourth gear after 2 packs. Third pack leaves me with 148 extra, 2 short of T2. Guess what, you get fed to Apocalypse and can go to the back of the T2 ticket line. I'm assuming the processor won't make Emma genes.

How does this event work? I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary and I got four 100 energy and 20 colossus bio rewards Saturday but then nothing at all Sunday, or today so far. I'm forced onto the inhumans team and it says we're winning about 1/3 the time.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

bagrada posted:

Damnit Emma. I had some lucky streaks on the gearing making me get temporarily hopeful. 96.5% left on the fourth gear after 2 packs. Third pack leaves me with 148 extra, 2 short of T2. Guess what, you get fed to Apocalypse and can go to the back of the T2 ticket line. I'm assuming the processor won't make Emma genes.

How does this event work? I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary and I got four 100 energy and 20 colossus bio rewards Saturday but then nothing at all Sunday, or today so far. I'm forced onto the inhumans team and it says we're winning about 1/3 the time.

Check out the participation rewards in the faction battle thingy, that's where you're getting the col bios from.

Not sure where to use this 6* selector we got today. Everybody it can be used on I have at t2 or well over 300 bios already. Probably stick it on an avenger for upcoming movie costumes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got everyone at 6 or 5* besides Killmonger and the latest X-Men so I figure its just not worth using these on anyone who is anything less than 256 bios from done (since that seems to be the number of bios you get if you use it on a 6* character. Still useful to get bios for gear if I can't find a few 5*s I want ranked up right now. Or maybe I'll feed them to Black Panther for his costume. Whatever.

Shame they expire and you can't just stash them. But ah well. Worst case its 256 bios free 3 times. Not too shabby.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

phosdex posted:

Check out the participation rewards in the faction battle thingy, that's where you're getting the col bios from.

Not sure where to use this 6* selector we got today. Everybody it can be used on I have at t2 or well over 300 bios already. Probably stick it on an avenger for upcoming movie costumes.

Ahh gotcha I participated enough to get all the rewards by Saturday so that's it until the end.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

The Dave posted:

Not to be a dick but that was a pretty bad choice given how easy he is to farm. You want to use these sort of selectors on people that don't have farmable bios. Since you get the bios if they are already 6 starred I need to check if there is anyone I should select with a goal of T2ing.

I know, but I don't really need anyone else. Anyone else I am interested in is already at least 5* and are being worked on, or are not available from the selector. At least getting Kraven saved me having to farm 600+ bios for him to get him to the same level. I just checked the latest tier list and picked the best character I don't have yet. Next week I will probably get Coulson.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I ended up using my selector on Hellcat because, whatever. My non 5*s are down to Asgardians, some pay characters, and a few lingering unfarmables (Shang Chi, Titania, Absorbing Man, Whiplash, Misty Knight, Skurge, Dominator, Crossbones, Sin, Heimdall) so I just picked one who would benefit the most from the bios (ie wasn't closest to 6*). Misty and Absorbing Man are the next farthest away so they might get the call the next two weeks unless something more pressing for 250 bios comes up.

Any of them really worth targeting?

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

My tier 2 Skurge does a decent job on combat villains extreme alliance battle. Bad beast leads with carnage and skurge rotating in.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Spent mine on getting Skurge from 1* to 6*. I'm planning on spending my next one on Mantis since I don't have her yet, but I'm not sure what to do with the third week's selector. I've decided on using the tier2 selector on Robbie Reyes since my Universal heroes are a little lacking. For the third week, I'm trying to decide between Titania since I don't have her yet, Inferno even though I won't get the uni for a while, or Medusa. I could grab it on Misty Knight even though she's already at 3* just to buff up my Luna Snow and maybe hope she gets a good Netflix Uni.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I used my first one on being absorbing man up, will probably continuing trying to raise the floor since that’s my goal right now and weeding out these unfatmables I have at 4 would be a big help.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Spent my selector on Gobbo, since I need bios to mythic his costume. It was either that or Bullseye, but I already have 500 of his bios for costume upgrades.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Real talk, been a very very long time since we had this discussion:

Do we need to consolidate some guilds by any chance? Hebrons has right at 10 that could be kicked right now but I don’t know how our other guilds are doing.

Just wondering if it’s time we combined one or two to make the ultimate active guild(s)?

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Real talk, been a very very long time since we had this discussion:

Do we need to consolidate some guilds by any chance? Hebrons has right at 10 that could be kicked right now but I don’t know how our other guilds are doing.

Just wondering if it’s time we combined one or two to make the ultimate active guild(s)?

Doctor Goons could easily absorb 5-6 people.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Worst Alliance is mostly non-goons at this point I think.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Cinara posted:

Sounds like it should be renamed to 'Best Alliance' then

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Goonlactus is at about 17 active. Our store is only level 8, and I guess that's the important thing when it comes to folding groups together.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Fried Sushi posted:

Sounds like it should be renamed to 'Best Alliance' then

I'm the goon in the ointment.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cinara posted:

I was wondering about that. It seems like the store has been at the same level forever.

And I used my selector for Jessica Jones as everyone else i have left to level is farmable except klaw, and I have more JJ bios than his.

Always kind of an issue when you have a lot of the roster unlocked and maxed out you end up with having no one to use these things with.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I used mine on Jane Foster - she was at rank 3.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

I was wondering about that. It seems like the store has been at the same level forever.

And I used my selector for Jessica Jones as everyone else i have left to level is farmable except klaw, and I have more JJ bios than his.

Always kind of an issue when you have a lot of the roster unlocked and maxed out you end up with having no one to use these things with.

Well you should have used it on Klaw if you had more JJ bios becuase it means you actually ended up getting less bios to fill JJ then you would have needed for Klaw.

But its all relative. And there's two more coming. But theoretically you want to be going for the lowest people you have on your roster for the maximum payoff. Unless you just don't want to.

The good thing is that even if you use these on a 6* character it rewards 256 bios so it can still be useful for gear, T2 advancement, or the native T2s.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah, I'm nearly out of normal unfarmables to dump bios on, unless it's for a costume or I'm saving 150 for a T2. I used the 6* selector for 256 Sin bios, that's how desperate things are. Lots of farmable people to go but I'm still GuK limited on them. I might drop the next few selectors on the warriors 3 just because they're kinda energy expensive to actually farm.

Not 420:
Unfarmable: Xbones, Black Cat, Destroyer
Farmable: Blade, Drax, Hogun, Hulkling, Punisher, Rhino, Ulik, Volstag, Dethlock, Iron man, Lash, Lincoln, MODOK, Red Skull, Rokit Racon, Daredevil, Falcon, Fandral, Gamora, Hawkeye, Karnak, Wong, Vision, Ultron

I guess not having a T2 modok is my greatest shame.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The early story people are so easy to T2 now that you can basically farm and advance them in a week. And Iron Man, Vision, and Falcon all solo Shadowland floors for me at T2. Ultron, Punisher, and Daredevil also tag up with others to do damage. I haven't found any use for Blade or Modok yet. And Hawkeye and Red Skull are some of my last ready to T2 and just need to stones but I'm kind of using them on other stuff right now.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I clear floor 15 with Elsa-Angela-Blade because they have a bunch of team-up bonuses but I'm pretty sure Elsa could just solo it. Punisher + DD + a third that does all the work on a couple floors, because that gets you an all attack leadership and a bonus. Ronin-Ultron-Destroyer does one of the universal villain rumbles. Not levelling the rest is mostly just :effort:.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I team Punisher with Moon Knight and they usually can take down a speed level together. This week I combined Daredevil with Elektra to take down an early Blast floor. Ultron I'm always struggling with but he usually proves useful in some teamup of Universal and/or villain.

I might try Elsa on Floor 15 though because she often ends up left over at the end of my week and I work a pretty small margin of room passing the Conquest floors. Thanks for that.

But T2 Vision can solo a Universal floor, T2 Falcon with his new costume can sole late Blast stuff including Rumbles and Rocket, and T2 Iron Man can solo a Combat Rumble if you just keep his 3 shields up the whole time. Although he can use an energy boost and some fodder on his team so he doesn't get jumped right away.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 27, 2018

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

NmareBfly posted:

Goonlactus is at about 17 active. Our store is only level 8, and I guess that's the important thing when it comes to folding groups together.

Doctor Goons has lvl 10 store, I assume Marble Hebrons do as well. We could probably Absorb Goonlactus between our two alliances if you guys are interested.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Trapper John posted:

Doctor Goons has lvl 10 store, I assume Marble Hebrons do as well. We could probably Absorb Goonlactus between our two alliances if you guys are interested.

Bingo. Feel free to come to either. Let’s make super groups.

If you want to jump over to goon dominance, join Doctor Goons or Marble Hebrons.

There’s also a discord: https://discord.gg/yZtjsk7

Our channel is the futurefightsafezone

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah, I'm nearly out of normal unfarmables to dump bios on, unless it's for a costume or I'm saving 150 for a T2. I used the 6* selector for 256 Sin bios, that's how desperate things are. Lots of farmable people to go but I'm still GuK limited on them. I might drop the next few selectors on the warriors 3 just because they're kinda energy expensive to actually farm.

Not 420:
Unfarmable: Xbones, Black Cat, Destroyer
Farmable: Blade, Drax, Hogun, Hulkling, Punisher, Rhino, Ulik, Volstag, Dethlock, Iron man, Lash, Lincoln, MODOK, Red Skull, Rokit Racon, Daredevil, Falcon, Fandral, Gamora, Hawkeye, Karnak, Wong, Vision, Ultron

I guess not having a T2 modok is my greatest shame.

I have the rank 23 modok

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

fart simpson posted:

I have the rank 23 modok

And the #1 Karamel Khan of Israel. Please pay your respects, goons.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

Well you should have used it on Klaw if you had more JJ bios becuase it means you actually ended up getting less bios to fill JJ then you would have needed for Klaw.

But its all relative. And there's two more coming. But theoretically you want to be going for the lowest people you have on your roster for the maximum payoff. Unless you just don't want to.

The good thing is that even if you use these on a 6* character it rewards 256 bios so it can still be useful for gear, T2 advancement, or the native T2s.

It was because I have more bios for gear on JJ than Klaw. But I get what you're saying, but I was more about gear levels than anything.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

twistedmentat posted:

I've been paying my :10bux: everyday, I just figured it took exponentially more gold as the ranks increased, not that half our membership hasn't logged in in over a month :P

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

I've been paying my :10bux: everyday, I just figured it took exponentially more gold as the ranks increased, not that half our membership hasn't logged in in over a month :P

Yea, and if you watch who actually donates, it's really only the same few people every day even though way more than that are logging in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

It was because I have more bios for gear on JJ than Klaw. But I get what you're saying, but I was more about gear levels than anything.

Yeah, true, that makes sense. Actually... Now that you make me think of it... isn't it it just 320 bios no matter how you cut it? Like if you have 10 bios and use it you're "gaining" 310 bios and "retaining" 10 for 320. If you have 310 you're "gaining" 10 and "retaining" 310. If you have 150 its 170+150 for 320. If you have 200 its 120+200=320.

So I guess it really doesn't matter what 5* character you use it on because it all comes out the same. Although like you figured if you have more bios on hand you'll have more left over to gear up.

So yeah, its a whole "whatever you feel like doing" thing. In the big picture it pays out the same unless you have someone below 5*.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I team Punisher with Moon Knight and they usually can take down a speed level together. This week I combined Daredevil with Elektra to take down an early Blast floor. Ultron I'm always struggling with but he usually proves useful in some teamup of Universal and/or villain.

I might try Elsa on Floor 15 though because she often ends up left over at the end of my week and I work a pretty small margin of room passing the Conquest floors. Thanks for that.

But T2 Vision can solo a Universal floor, T2 Falcon with his new costume can sole late Blast stuff including Rumbles and Rocket, and T2 Iron Man can solo a Combat Rumble if you just keep his 3 shields up the whole time. Although he can use an energy boost and some fodder on his team so he doesn't get jumped right away.

T2 Ultron can solo SL17 Destroyer boss, I usually save him for that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Really? Because I've just been trying him on lower level Universal and/or Villain stages and I can't manage to make it work at all. Its weird that he'd get effective later on but I guess it sort of makes sense if he isn't vulnerable to any particular Wave/Rumble aspects and gets the double Universal/Villain bonus.

For some reason I can just never get the timing of his iframes and shield down.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So if I use a 6* selector on a 6* character, how many bios do I get exactly? Does it matter if the character is mastered or not?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

So if I use a 6* selector on a 6* character, how many bios do I get exactly? Does it matter if the character is mastered or not?

256 friend

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Coolio, thanks! I have a couple guys I want to T2, but I only have about 50-150 bios each and it helps to know what I might have to work with depending on who I pick.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?

fart simpson posted:

I have the rank 23 modok

Mine is Rank 5 :c00lbutt:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

plainswalker75 posted:

Me too. I coop battles, toss a million at the guild. Probably one of the few who do that.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, true, that makes sense. Actually... Now that you make me think of it... isn't it it just 320 bios no matter how you cut it? Like if you have 10 bios and use it you're "gaining" 310 bios and "retaining" 10 for 320. If you have 310 you're "gaining" 10 and "retaining" 310. If you have 150 its 170+150 for 320. If you have 200 its 120+200=320.

So I guess it really doesn't matter what 5* character you use it on because it all comes out the same. Although like you figured if you have more bios on hand you'll have more left over to gear up.

So yeah, its a whole "whatever you feel like doing" thing. In the big picture it pays out the same unless you have someone below 5*.

Yea, none of my Selector Only characters are below 5*, and everyone I have lower than that are easily farmable from normal game play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

The saddest part about all this is is that Kraven isn't even cool

wrong