Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The server knows the gun's location, attachments, firing mode.... but what skin it has? Impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea for PUBG mobile, your first five games are mostly bots so everyone gets like 10+ kills. It actually gets tough once you face real people.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Stealthgerbil posted:

Yea for PUBG mobile, your first five games are mostly bots so everyone gets like 10+ kills. It actually gets tough once you face real people.

I'm enough of a potato with a keyboard and mouse, the on-screen gamepad did not do me any favors. This was my first and only game.

Didn't help either that my Note 4 is pretty slow by modern phone standards.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Rex-Goliath posted:

The server knows the gun's location, attachments, firing mode.... but what skin it has? Impossible.

Yea, but are they going to change throughout the game? Or will skins be client side only? What will the guns look like on the ground? Stock until you pick them up? There are several ways to do this, I'm sure bluehole will pick the worst and jankiest option.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Dearsomeone's 1.0 highlights 3 is out. Poor wackyjacky.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

willroc7 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgJ4HCz-WFA

:bisonyes:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It skins the gun when you pick it up, and stays skinned when you drop it and when someone else picks it up.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

drunken officeparty posted:

It skins the gun when you pick it up, and stays skinned when you drop it and when someone else picks it up.

This seems like the most obvious and intuitive implementation. First player to pick up a gun applies their skin to it.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Scoss posted:

This seems like the most obvious and intuitive implementation. First player to pick up a gun applies their skin to it.

If that were to be the case, time to get the ugliest collection of skins possible and just go around picking up and dropping weapons.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

If that were to be the case, time to get the ugliest collection of skins possible and just go around picking up and dropping weapons.

Not entirely sure what this is going to accomplish unless you are speedhacking around the map and picking up hundreds of guns within the first 20 seconds.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Am I the only unimaginative smuck that only wants camouflage-ish clothes and gear? I know some people want the purple trench coat or whatever and that's fine, but all I want is the ability to pick the right shades of brown during the minute before the plane.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I think they have very explicitly said that they won't release clothing that is at all functional as camouflage so as to keep things fair. If anything, they make the cosmetic options deliberately flamboyant so that they can't be accused of it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
FLORAL SHIRT (WHITE) for life, comrade.

My dude actually looks pretty good with
  • Beanie (Brown)
  • Floral Shirt (White)
  • Utility Belt (Brown)
  • Fingerless Gloves (Tan)
  • Combat Pants (Khakis)
  • Zest Loafers with Socks
and it's all earth tones. Blends in nicely to a lot of poo poo

(I sell all my crates and just buy what I want directly)

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
utility belt only or you're a fancy bich

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I wear all pink as a warning to potential threats

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I’ve been out of the loop with the mobile version - are people on tablets playing against people on PCs? (I am assuming it’s not.)

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 26, 2018

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

willroc7 posted:

utility belt only or you're a fancy bich

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Accretionist posted:

FLORAL SHIRT (WHITE) for life, comrade.
it's all earth tones. Blends in nicely to a lot of poo poo

I'm going for various earth tones as well, and if someday I can get my zebra stripe police vest to be a dusty brown, great.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I fight naked to prey on their fear. To move like an animal. To feel the kill!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I should be able to smear mud on my mostly naked self, if they ever invent virtual smelling I'd also want to add poo poo to that.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

willroc7 posted:

Poor Choco, he's only in there for team kills, haha.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

no broccoli please posted:

I've been neglecting my responsibility at Clip King of his channel for the past week or so...

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I try to dress as the worst hipster imangineable.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I don't like Miramar at all :saddowns:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Good soup! posted:

I don't like Miramar at all :saddowns:

This is the correct opinion. Congrats to being on the right side of history.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hockles posted:

No, but hopefully we can see soon with the test server build. I just don't see any way for the game to know that Hockles picked up an M4, make it camo green. Then, when I drop it, it stays camo green. But then what about the next M4 I pick up? Will that one have my skin too or just a default one?

I think the easiest way is just going to have the game display me my skins and you your skins no matter what weapon you pick up.

The easiest way to code it is that the weapons all show their stock skin on ground and that when equipped you and others see the skin that you have equipped. This may or may not reduce introducing a variable for dropped items depending on the architecture, but it should be by far the easiest solution to code.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This supposedly already out on the Test Servers, so I can look into it tonight and see how it works.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

wolrah posted:

I'm enough of a potato with a keyboard and mouse, the on-screen gamepad did not do me any favors. This was my first and only game.

Didn't help either that my Note 4 is pretty slow by modern phone standards.

It's surprisingly playable if you turn on gyro aiming

I mean, not, like, good, but good enough that it's actually fun

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hockles posted:

No, but hopefully we can see soon with the test server build. I just don't see any way for the game to know that Hockles picked up an M4, make it camo green. Then, when I drop it, it stays camo green. But then what about the next M4 I pick up? Will that one have my skin too or just a default one?

I think the easiest way is just going to have the game display me my skins and you your skins no matter what weapon you pick up.

Elentor posted:

The easiest way to code it is that the weapons all show their stock skin on ground and that when equipped you and others see the skin that you have equipped. This may or may not reduce introducing a variable for dropped items depending on the architecture, but it should be by far the easiest solution to code.

Hockles posted:

This supposedly already out on the Test Servers, so I can look into it tonight and see how it works.

drunken officeparty already answered your questions. Skins are probably going live tonight with the 4 hour maint.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Thom P. Tiers posted:

drunken officeparty already answered your questions. Skins are probably going live tonight with the 4 hour maint.

Does it reskin every gun? Just the first gun? What if it is already skinned?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hockles posted:

Does it reskin every gun? Just the first gun? What if it is already skinned?

Every gun is stock when everyone drops. When you pick up one individual gun, it skins that individual gun to whatever your skin is (for the rest of the match). If you loot a guy who had a sweet $200 skin, you can pick it up and use it the rest of the match.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 26, 2018

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

no broccoli please posted:

And at the end :allears:
Stay consistent, choco.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

More importantly, it rubs the lotion on its skin...

Anyway, I hate when I run someone over but I don't get the kill credit because they shot me first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SVX7xV7fjY

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
miramar is honestly fine and just needs... more stuff in it

like, a few little towns on the outskirts of Leones and a couple more around Pecado-ish would pretty much fix my problem with the map; I love fighting in the cities/towns but the wide open fields suck rear end

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

miramar is honestly fine and just needs... more stuff in it

like, a few little towns on the outskirts of Leones and a couple more around Pecado-ish would pretty much fix my problem with the map; I love fighting in the cities/towns but the wide open fields suck rear end

It desperately needs more cover in the giant swaths of empty spaces. Big rear end cactus all over the place would fix that. It also needs more roads because driving off-road is a nightmare. And speaking of driving, the bus sucks rear end going up any of the million hills on the map. Also why is the map so drat big? It could stand to lose a lot of the space outside of the main road that rings the map. Bring those spaces into the center. There are some cool things that you literally never get to see because they’re so far away.

Basically just rework the entire map because it sucks as is.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I enjoy Miramar. But I don't enjoy not being able to choose when I play it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i love gunning down vandals with my [checks sweaty palm notes] "scal-l"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

oddium posted:

i love gunning down vandals with my [checks sweaty palm notes] "scal-l"

ah, the superman gun

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I really wish they would add silly cosmetic loot that you can only pick up in game. Maybe make every crate come with one or two pieces of like a Mexican poncho or a clown outfit or something that isn’t available at the outset (like as a steam item)

I personally only play naked pubg and always loot my enemies corpses to assemble the most ridiculous outfit possible, and high end cosmetic loot only available in game would def enhance my experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I’d love a clown costume with bright colours and squeaky shoes as a challenge thing. Give an achievement for Clown Chicken Dinner too.