Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Do we have any leak on what the new DE start collecting box is? It's on shelves next week and I've seen nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

mango sentinel posted:

Do we have any leak on what the new DE start collecting box is? It's on shelves next week and I've seen nothing.

It was in the Community post - Succubus, Wyches, Reavers, Venom.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

mango sentinel posted:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I just noticed those flying stands aren't the usual clear kind, and they don't look 'shoped.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Probably just replacement ones to work better on a white background. Though they probably are 'shopped like the shadows etc.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Planning on fielding some baby knights this weekend with my AdMech against my friends Necrons since the codex is going to drop.

Here's what i'm planning on taking:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [36 PL, 498pts] ++

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 125pts]: Anzion's Pseudogenetor, Macrostubber, Omnissian Axe, Volkite Blaster

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 125pts]: Macrostubber, Omnissian Axe, Volkite Blaster

+ Uncategorised +

Forge World: Mars

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers [7 PL, 60pts]
. Ranger (Arc Rifle): Arc rifle
. Ranger Alpha: Galvanic rifle
. 6x Skitarii Ranger

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 54pts]
. 3x Skitarii Vanguard
. Vanguard (Plasma caliver): Plasma caliver
. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 54pts]
. 3x Skitarii Vanguard
. Vanguard (Plasma caliver): Plasma caliver

Skitarii Vanguards [7 PL, 80pts]: 9x Skitarii Vanguard

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [24 PL, 480pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Armiger Warglaives [24 PL, 480pts]
. Armiger Warglaive: Meltagun
. Armiger Warglaive: Meltagun

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [54 PL, 1014pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Kastelan Robots [24 PL, 440pts]
. Kastelan Robot: Heavy Phosphor blaster
. . Heavy phosphor blasters: 2x Heavy Phosphor blaster

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 145pts]: Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Cognis heavy stubber
. Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 145pts]: Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Cognis heavy stubber
. Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

+ HQ +

Belisarius Cawl [13 PL, 240pts]
. Warlord: Static Psalm-Code

+ Elites +

Cybernetica Datasmith [3 PL, 44pts]: Gamma pistol, Power fist

+ Uncategorised +

Forge World: Mars

++ Total: [114 PL, 1992pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Thoughts?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SteelMentor posted:

I just noticed those flying stands aren't the usual clear kind, and they don't look 'shoped.

They look like the standard bases, only primed/painted

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I wonder how much this delay is going to be: https://www.facebook.com/1575682476085719/photos/a.1576243776029589.1073741828.1575682476085719/1998760827111213/?type=3&theater

Assume it was meant to drop today and will now be Friday or something like that.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm betting Friday at the latest. I know it's a long shot, but I hope one of the things that gets changed in the FAQ is Transauranic Arquebus' for Skitarii Rangers.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

I wonder how much this delay is going to be: https://www.facebook.com/1575682476085719/photos/a.1576243776029589.1073741828.1575682476085719/1998760827111213/?type=3&theater

Assume it was meant to drop today and will now be Friday or something like that.

I imagine this means their Nid player from Adepticon refuses to stop shouting "gently caress FLYRANTS" at the top of his lungs

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pendent posted:

I imagine this means their Nid player from Adepticon refuses to stop shouting "gently caress FLYRANTS" at the top of his lungs

Guarantee they've seen Flyrants and probably every Imperium list having 3 shield-captains and gone "drat, this actually is a problem."

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
gonna have a universal 20% point drop, now you can take even more poo poo in your list! please buy more!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Corrode posted:

Guarantee they've seen Flyrants and probably every Imperium list having 3 shield-captains and gone "drat, this actually is a problem."

also, hopefully, the 8x darktalon lists

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'm betting Friday at the latest. I know it's a long shot, but I hope one of the things that gets changed in the FAQ is Transauranic Arquebus' for Skitarii Rangers.

I haven't been following, what's wrong with the T. Arquebus?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

The top 16 only actually had a single list with shield captains.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

moths posted:

Probably it being literally the only Heavy weapon that you need to be entirely stationary to fire.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

gonna have a universal 20% point drop, now you can take even more poo poo in your list! please buy more!

Let's get down to 1/2 points like Skavenslaves in old fantasy

e: on a different note I defended the plastic Scout kit itt before. I'm now building bolter scouts and I'd like to say I'm sorry and I was wrong, this kit sucks poo poo. Specific bolters go with specific bodies and the instructions don't tell you which ones. Who designs something like that!?

Living Image fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 26, 2018

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

Yeah, what Artum said. It's so frustrating, because you take it as a special weapon in the squad. The range on Galvanic Rifles is 30" so you either move up into position and don't get to fire and hope you survive a turn, or stay stationary and have the rest of the squad stand around looking at their feet. They have no scout move or any way to move up the board early, so they're kinda just wasted.

They should either make it be able to move and fire with a modifier or remove them from the normal Rangers unit and just make a sniper unit. The mandatory stationary rule is really harsh for what it does: S7, -2 AP, D3 damage and a wound roll of a 6 is a mortal wound in addition to other damage.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Corrode posted:

It's been subtly rebranded as the 'Spring FAQ' now, so it could well be April

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

I wonder if only giving the full character rules to infantry models would help. One of the issues seems to be that you can build a character that does not have 10 wounds but is still in that same category of dangerous/mobile individual models that you need to react to, and it's mostly done with Jetbikes/Battlesuits/whatever. Would that screw over anything or leave a bunch of broken stuff still around?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Zuul the Cat posted:

They should either make it be able to move and fire with a modifier or remove them from the normal Rangers unit and just make a sniper unit. The mandatory stationary rule is really harsh for what it does: S7, -2 AP, D3 damage and a wound roll of a 6 is a mortal wound in addition to other damage.

Ok, yeah that does seem somewhat dumb.

I figured the way to use them would be to put put two in a five-man Ranger unit. The ability to target characters seems like it's worth the extra hassle, but I agree there's no reason to use it in a typical squad.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i haven't used my skitarii much since right after the indexes dropped, but i found a 5-man squad with two t.arqs to be pretty useful

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

I figured the way to use them would be to put put two in a five-man Ranger unit. The ability to target characters seems like it's worth the extra hassle, but I agree there's no reason to use it in a typical squad.

I was running them with 1 or 2 in a 5 man squad and just parking them in the back. The only bad thing about it, is you have to have a high up spot to put them with relatively good LoS, and it's still 85 points. My experience with them is they almost never hit anything (BS3), and they were usually killed before being able to wound anything. I stopped taking them, and embraced Vanguard and mobile Rangers instead. The galvanic Rifles aren't bad.

Like you said, it's just weird taking them in a typical squad, because that synergy blows as is.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

moths posted:

If you're taking them you pretty much need to msu rangers with them, but the problem is the 2 arquebuses cost more than doubles the squads price and then you've only got 3 extremely flimsy rangers between your expensive guns and the enemy.

It sucks because they're pretty much the only sniper weapon that works like it feels it should; stupidly long range and can blow characters away.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My suggestion to the GW FAQ team was to make them a separate unit of 1-2 arquebus'. Make it an elite choice or something, but they won't because that means they'd have to redo the sprues and boxes. An easier solution is to make the gun -1 or -2 to hit after moving.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Toxic 30k PNW krew played some tactical strike yesterday. I let everyone down by having one half-painted terrain piece, otherwise everything was painted.

https://imgur.com/a/hB5q9

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dunno, i've found that having some dedicated, static backline can be really important for preventing inopportune deep strikes and outflanks, but I play against a lot of space wolves and tau

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booley posted:

Toxic 30k PNW krew played some tactical strike yesterday. I let everyone down by having one half-painted terrain piece, otherwise everything was painted.

Looks like a bunch of WAACosters playing with their toxic recasts.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

That is some gob-smackingly good photography (of beautiful models all round).

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I’m dead from formaldehyde poisoning

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Axing Supreme Command would probably solve a lot of problems.

HQs are generally fairly point efficient and were historically offset by a "tax" of needing to take other stuff.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Floppychop posted:

Axing Supreme Command would probably solve a lot of problems.

HQs are generally fairly point efficient and were historically offset by a "tax" of needing to take other stuff.

It really is just a blatant handout to gross 7th lists, it doesn't gel with the rest of 8e's design at all.

E: those are some gorgeous chinese recasts, would gladly contract lung cancer to touch and stare at

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Booley posted:

:discourse:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Artum posted:

If you're taking them you pretty much need to msu rangers with them, but the problem is the 2 arquebuses cost more than doubles the squads price and then you've only got 3 extremely flimsy rangers between your expensive guns and the enemy.

I hadn't checked out the points, that definitely seems prohibitive - but this looks like a solid play in Power Levels.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Booley posted:

Handsome boiz dere

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Booley posted:

The fact that this is being ignored by the 40kers in favour of lovely maths and trash list speculation really speaks volumes.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

ijyt posted:

The fact that this is being ignored by the 40kers in favour of lovely maths and trash list speculation really speaks volumes.

What's the format for this? I've still got 10 Mk III and 10 Mk IV on sprue, and while I don't want to do a 2500 point HH army, something 500-750 points is much more doable.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Thundercloud posted:

What's the format for this? I've still got 10 Mk III and 10 Mk IV on sprue, and while I don't want to do a 2500 point HH army, something 500-750 points is much more doable.

150 points of characters, 350 points of non-characters, bought individually from unit entries. I think the base rules are in one of the black books, but bulbasaur has been working tirelessly on making a version 2 of them that I think he'll be releasing soon

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

God drat it, you guys are going to end up forcing me to paint 30k and I don't have anyone to play with! Gorgeous shots though, and really great models. Perhaps my eyes deceive me, but I also counted 0 backwards hands.

zeal posted:

i dunno, i've found that having some dedicated, static backline can be really important for preventing inopportune deep strikes and outflanks, but I play against a lot of space wolves and tau

Yeah, totally agree. I also play against Space Wolves and deal with outflanking Wulfen (dumb idiots) all the time. I've yet to find a good counter for them. I'm hoping my move away from Destroyers and embracing Vanguard means i'll just be able to drown them in shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Booley posted:

150 points of characters, 350 points of non-characters, bought individually from unit entries. I think the base rules are in one of the black books, but bulbasaur has been working tirelessly on making a version 2 of them that I think he'll be releasing soon

Are you sure? Or is it a doubles format?

Is there a download somewhere?