Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

robotsinmyhead posted:

Went to Catcade, a rescue/shelter for cats where you can pet cats and play arcade games (and adopt cats). This fella figured it all out by finding the one place where he wouldn't be bothered. They removed the 1-way door for the prizes, so she just did as he pleased.

I don't know much about cats, but this seems like a really good way to get your crane toys covered in cat piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's ok, the toxoplasmosis changes your brain so that you don't mind so much

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Slime posted:

cat fat, so what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd4jfS73xvA

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

I like to catch up on Penny Arcade every now and then. They're not all winners, but who cares?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Zesty posted:

The irony is lost on goons that they are tripping over themselves to poo poo on a comic about people who trip over themselves to poo poo on a movie.
It's not irony that multiple things can be bad.

I liked the art in PA more before the hair became entirely absurd. It's not a groundbreaking comic but it's not bottom of the barrel or anything.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zesty posted:

The irony is lost on goons that they are tripping over themselves to poo poo on a comic about people who trip over themselves to poo poo on a movie.

Goons love to go on about how poo poo tastes bad, poo poo is unhygienic, nobody should ever eat poo poo, but guess what? I love eating poo poo. What now, goons? :smug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Goons love to go on about how poo poo tastes bad, poo poo is unhygienic, nobody should ever eat poo poo, but guess what? I love eating poo poo. What now, goons? :smug:

*hat goes flying as I clutch my chest

"I have been thwarted!"

*dramatically falls over second floor railing of the brothel
cue Wilhelm scream

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Dienes posted:

The little black flecks are distracting. He had to deliberately put them there....but, why?

It's "texture" to disguise the fact that he only put five minutes of effort and a couple gradient fills into drawing the location. A LOT of cartoonists find backgrounds boring, and want to focus only on drawing characters. The lazy ones never bother trying to hide it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zesty posted:

It's not irony, they're criticizing the person defending the stupid thing in a stupid way.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

betamax hipster posted:

That's a police idiom in the US too.

:drat:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

It's "texture" to disguise the fact that he only put five minutes of effort and a couple gradient fills into drawing the location. A LOT of cartoonists find backgrounds boring, and want to focus only on drawing characters. The lazy ones never bother trying to hide it.

He's been doing that comic for 25 years, and like 90% of the panels are just those two dudes sitting on a couch. Why doesn't he have a stock of backgrounds he can use?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

He's been doing that comic for 25 years, and like 90% of the panels are just those two dudes sitting on a couch. Why doesn't he have a stock of backgrounds he can use?

I don't know why they don't go full dinosaur comics at this point.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Guy Goodbody posted:

It would only take an afternoon making the vague "room" they're always in in Sketchup to have a 3D model to trace from whatever angle, and then finding a bunch of pictures of couches on google. Instead, he chose to find the actual least amount of effort he could put into his job and not lose money.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Zesty posted:

Yeah, Something Awful is no place to talk about stupid crap from the internet.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/estwebber/status/978360908769583104

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

betamax hipster posted:

That's a police idiom in the US too.

Holy poo poo. I laughed. I'm already going to hell so I guess that's alright.

Douglas Dinsdale has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Mar 26, 2018

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

He's been doing that comic for 25 years,

He's did comics for fifteen, his interns have been doing them since.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

You may or may not charge your phone. It's up to you, really.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMsH_3cRKeI

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

just to make sure I got the joke, that is not actually a hard drive. That is the fan?

Fake as hell is what it is

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Who What Now posted:

He's did comics for fifteen, his interns have been doing them since.

lol imagine working an internship for a guy who writes a webcomic

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Is it STDH? Maybe. The sad thing is that there are people who really are this dickish.

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018
Ruthless.

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Is it STDH? Maybe. The sad thing is that there are people who really are this dickish.

Industrialization has made a lot of people massively undervalue the time of artists/craftspeople... of course you have to be pretty dense and not think very hard about what you're actually asking someone to do.

The last minute "my girlfriend is sick" ploy is :discourse:

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Mar 27, 2018

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
What kind of psychopath even cares that much for artisanal blankets

It's a blanket

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Samuringa posted:

What kind of psychopath even cares that much for artisanal blankets

It's a blanket

It's an old family name, you're ignorant.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Poops Mcgoots posted:

lol imagine working an internship for a guy who writes a webcomic

Well they're also a multi-million dollar corporation so :shrug:

They hit on the nerd zeitgeist at just the right time to make their comic insanely large and now they have to have business managers and poo poo.

Also they need to have those things because in the early days of their comic they inadvertently sold the complete rights to it.

twice

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
no ring

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

With this the thing that annoys me is the customers insistence that they get the blanket from this particular person. They were quoted a price and it was a price they didn't want to pay. It is no skin off their nose to say "Thanks for teh quote, but that's more than I'm willing to pay. I guess I'll have to keep looking." There is literally no need for any of the ugliness/entitlement that follows.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I'm the mouthbreathing troglodyte who needs to be told how to carry a pizza

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

BrigadierSensible posted:

With this the thing that annoys me is the customers insistence that they get the blanket from this particular person. They were quoted a price and it was a price they didn't want to pay. It is no skin off their nose to say "Thanks for teh quote, but that's more than I'm willing to pay. I guess I'll have to keep looking." There is literally no need for any of the ugliness/entitlement that follows.

The obvious solution is to agree to the $70 price, tell him it will be 4 weeks, then never do it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I'm the mouthbreathing troglodyte who needs to be told how to carry a pizza

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I already admitted to being a mouthbreathing troglodyte, doxxing me like that is just loving rude

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Kennel posted:

Huh, he learned even worse way to draw teeth.

I made a pretty good 'MIKE WAT R U DOING MIKE STAHP' meme with a timeline of Penny Arcade's evolution in art style over the years once but my poo poo crashed right as I was almost done and I couldn't be bothered to do it again.

Edit: alright I gave it another whirl

Imagined has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Mar 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

There's a Twitter feed called For Exposure which is nothing but screengrabs of entitled customers screaming at artists for not working for free or for peanuts, there's thousands upon thousands of people who really are this dickish. (I'm pretty sure that crocheted blanket discussion came from that twitter feed originally)