Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Not counting upgrade replacemebts, you'll be wearing that set through to the #1 position on the leaderboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Aside from the Gaze stone that was mentioned, is there anything else I should be looking out for? It’s still a little confusing to figure out exactly which stats are best in class/slot or whatever.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr posted:

Aside from the Gaze stone that was mentioned, is there anything else I should be looking out for? It’s still a little confusing to figure out exactly which stats are best in class/slot or whatever.

Take a look at the gear on the leaderboard player's builds and copy that poo poo whole cloth! The two weapons are as important to the build as the green gear, in my opinion, and the Tzo Krin Gaze spirit stone is what converts the build into the long range artillery piece that it is.

Dexterity, vitality, crit chance, crit damage, resist all, Fire damage%, area damage, resource cost reduction, cooldown reduction are all useful stats. Make sure anything that can have a socket does have a socket.

Life per second is always garbage, as is "Skill Damage %" for any skill that isn't Wave of Light.

Edit - do you even know what Kanai's Cube is???

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 26, 2018

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Edit - do you even know what Kanai's Cube is???

I would assume so, if he completed chapters 1-3 for the full Hadrig's Gift. ;)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Jan posted:

I would assume so, if he completed chapters 1-3 for the full Hadrig's Gift. ;)

Look at this context-absorbing mother fucker here!!

Whoops... Last I remembered he was saying he was a fresh 70 with 35 paragon points and a Campaign Clear.

RCarr, did you say you're playing this with a buddy mostly? Or do you play solo?

There is a good sized community of xbone players in this thread, but... There's a catch :getin:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Jedit posted:

Never play HC.

counterpoint: you haven't lived until you've rip'ed a GR80 capable character to something real fuckin' dumb.

:getin:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

counterpoint: you haven't lived until you've rip'ed a GR80 capable character to something real fuckin' dumb.

:getin:

Lolling hard at Arcane Sentry. I've got a dead wizard with Cause of Death - Dune Stinger.

"just when I thought I couldn't get any better - ACK I'M ALLERGIC"

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Does you get the full benefit of +%xp items (like Cain's set) from 1-69 or do they gradually lose effectiveness as you get closer to 70?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
My monk RIPs are impressive.

GREED! PERDITION!

Last season's Wizard RIP, on the other hand...

76 hours, 90 GR ranks... Toxic Lurker. :v:

Jan fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 26, 2018

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've got a dead wizard with Cause of Death - Dune Stinger.

this is u

mewse
May 2, 2006

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Does you get the full benefit of +%xp items (like Cain's set) from 1-69 or do they gradually lose effectiveness as you get closer to 70?

They drop like 99% of their effectiveness at 70 to prevent paragon farming.. 1-69 is full effectiveness

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Jan posted:

good rip's

Look at this bad rear end.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Softcore Virgin: if that happened to me I would cry and be so angry with Angry Tears on my face

Hardcore Chad: lmao a toxic lurker killed me

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dexterity, vitality, crit chance, crit damage, resist all, Fire damage%, area damage, resource cost reduction, cooldown reduction are all useful stats. Make sure anything that can have a socket does have a socket.

I made a monk to try out zdps, filled out a WoL build just to hit 60 for t13 and it's just silly effective. Seconded on the weapons making the build. The difference in 3 Sweeping Wind stacks and 9/10 is huge. But why cool down? Dashing strike is the only thing it affects, right?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

JawnV6 posted:

I made a monk to try out zdps, filled out a WoL build just to hit 60 for t13 and it's just silly effective. Seconded on the weapons making the build. The difference in 3 Sweeping Wind stacks and 9/10 is huge. But why cool down? Dashing strike is the only thing it affects, right?

The build on icy veins is worse than the no-generator build, which uses Desert Shroud Epiphany for damage reduction and resource generation. Obsidian zodiac gets you close, but you need some Cooldown Reduction to get it full time.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

JawnV6 posted:

Kinda depends. If you're bell is one shotting trash mobs its not enough for Obsidian to keep your Epiphany up 247. Finding a nice balance of trash mob health and cool down makes the build way more fun.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The build on icy veins is worse than the no-generator build, which uses Desert Shroud Epiphany for damage reduction and resource generation.

Man, what is with that IV WoL build? Like, I get it, the F&R bonus is nice but why build damage with a close range generator when your main damage dealer is so much better ranged. Especially on such a squishy load out. It even slots Zei's so you're having to do a lot of back and forth just to get your ranged damage bonus.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The build on icy veins is worse than the no-generator build, which uses Desert Shroud Epiphany for damage reduction and resource generation. Obsidian zodiac gets you close, but you need some Cooldown Reduction to get it full time.
Good to know! Focus/Restraint seemed perfectly good, I have to tap the generator often enough. What's the other ring slot? I'm running Obsidian/Oculus on the zdps, can always snatch those.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Kinda depends. If you're bell is one shotting trash mobs its not enough for Obsidian to keep your Epiphany up 247. Finding a nice balance of trash mob health and cool down makes the build way more fun.
I was running GR45's to level gems and killing elites without seeing them, the challenge was keeping enough things alive to maintain sweeping wind.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It even slots Zei's so you're having to do a lot of back and forth just to get your ranged damage bonus.
Yeah, that confused me too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Well, the IV build uses Crippling Wave, Tsunami, which adds a super super long distance punch to the flurry so there's no darting in and out of melee or anything crazy like that.

The epiphany variation equips Obsidian Ring and either Unity for solo Grift pushing or Convention of Elements for group play /if using unity is lame to you.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

JawnV6 posted:

Good to know! Focus/Restraint seemed perfectly good, I have to tap the generator often enough. What's the other ring slot? I'm running Obsidian/Oculus on the zdps, can always snatch those.

I was running GR45's to level gems and killing elites without seeing them, the challenge was keeping enough things alive to maintain sweeping wind.

Yeah, that confused me too.

As long as you manually refresh sweeping winds before it times out, the stack remains. If you don't care to keep that up, then swap your belt to the forever stack one. My brain is mush right now and I can't remember its name.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Kyoshiro's Soul I think? Giving up the critical damage bonus on witching hour is a pretty steep price to pay to avoid having to push one button every 5 Seconds when you aren't in combat for some reason.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Rip Katherine, you died doing what you loved, entering a GR in your farm build and being cc'ed into a billion lasers at 93%

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

big cummers ONLY posted:

Rip Katherine, you died doing what you loved, entering a GR in your farm build and being cc'ed into a billion lasers at 93%

Pouring one out for my homie

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The real Nephalem Killer is that goddamn Quickchange Armory

I like it and I'm glad they added it, but so many times I've done this

1. Save my loadout to a slot
2. Eventually get a better/Ancient piece and scrap the original piece
3. Don't update the Armory slot
4. Equip my loadout minus a piece
5. Eat shiiiiiiit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Kyoshiro's Soul I think? Giving up the critical damage bonus on witching hour is a pretty steep price to pay to avoid having to push one button every 5 Seconds when you aren't in combat for some reason.

Yeah except for the fact that at like GR70 enemies hit hard enough to murder you but you can easily nuke poo poo so quickly you lose your stacks .

and all it takes is one time of forgetting the button press and you're facing down an elite mob without being able to do any damage. Rip my hardcore monk.

By the time you get to wherever you actually need the witching hour for dps, enemy density is thicc enuf to sustain your stacks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Look at this context-absorbing mother fucker here!!

Whoops... Last I remembered he was saying he was a fresh 70 with 35 paragon points and a Campaign Clear.

RCarr, did you say you're playing this with a buddy mostly? Or do you play solo?

There is a good sized community of xbone players in this thread, but... There's a catch :getin:

I’m now paragon 115! Up to GR34. I’m either playing solo or with my buddy who talked me into getting this game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr posted:

I’m now paragon 115! Up to GR34. I’m either playing solo or with my buddy who talked me into getting this game.

If it's laughably easy for you, you can beat a Nephalemn Rift on Torment 11, 12, 13 etc and it'll allow you to skip to the Greater Rift equivalent.

Example - clear a Neph Rift on T13 and you'll be able to select Greater Rift 61+

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ahh cool I didn’t know that.

I have a belt that says “Sweeping Wind gains 2 stacks every second it does not deal damage to any enemies.”

Doesn’t this effectively mean Sweeping Wind will never run out?

Sorry for the endless noob questions 😊

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

RCarr posted:

I have a belt that says “Sweeping Wind gains 2 stacks every second it does not deal damage to any enemies.”

Don't sweat the questions, plenty of people here enjoy discussing the game. And yes, that does mean your wind will never run out.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RCarr posted:

It means it automatically refreshes your SW stacks without you having to do it

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can you trade items in this game? Or did they do away with that when they axed the auction house?

I got the Tzo Akron’s Gaze for the ranged Wave of Light attack, but I need a RoRG so I can replace a set item with the Gaze.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr posted:

Can you trade items in this game? Or did they do away with that when they axed the auction house?

I got the Tzo Akron’s Gaze for the ranged Wave of Light attack, but I need a RoRG so I can replace a set item with the Gaze.

There is no trading within Season mode on Console, at all. You can give/trade/receive whatever you want all day long in Non-Seasonal, but... ew Non Seasonal

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

RCarr posted:

You can only trade items if the person was in the game with you when it dropped, and even then it can only be traded within two hours (in-game time) of it dropping. I think console may have no trading whatsoever.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

RCarr posted:

You can trade items within 2 hours of game time with whoever else was in the game when you found that item. Beaten hard!

Also always wear the sweeping winds belt. Not having to keep an eye on stacks and just nuking everything makes the game way more fun.

Field Mousepad fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 26, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
do NOT listen to these PC Playin' weirdos

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Pc supremacy yo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is the whole PC Master Race joke still a thing? I remember it was Teh Lulz a decade ago but it seems very Problematic in 2018

bij
Feb 24, 2007

My brand new Invoker Crusader got this:

I'm up to 12 million gold per roll trying to turn the trash regular damage into life on hit. :suicide:

bij fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 26, 2018

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is the whole PC Master Race joke still a thing? I remember it was Teh Lulz a decade ago but it seems very Problematic in 2018

NOW it seems problematic? I guess someone missed the console gamer gas chambers of 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No but I live my life based on 10 year old memes. It's just one of my adorable quirks.