Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

PhazonLink posted:

Why is he such a needy bitch?

Because he was neglected and became emotionally stunted as a child, then turned into a completely irredeemable bag of rotting dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Gaunab posted:

Nathan Fielder should play Jared Kushner in the movie.

I will not accept anyone besides Micheal Cera.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh my loving god you sadbrains Trump can only touch 42% when the economy is humming along perfectly and people are getting their tax returns while also seeing a bit extra every 2 weeks in their paychecks because of the tax cuts. Meanwhile though that 42% is full of soft support which is polling as mostly unenthusiastically about voting, and the 55% disapproval is almost entirely strong disapproval with a very high enthusiasm to vote. Just look at every single special election where Dems are killing it above polling. Look at the Illinois primary which had a 300% increase in Dem voting and a 30% decrease in GOP voting. Look at the Texas primaries which saw the largest Dem turnout percentage since like 1992

gently caress

I'm not sure if this is directed at my comment about approval ratings specifically, but it's entirely possible to realize all of those things and still be dismayed by the number of fellow Americans who are absolutely on the koolaid. I don't think that anything is necessarily changing about the election outlook, it's just interesting that stupid poo poo that absolutely would have led to a noticeable dip in any other president's approval #s (or even Trump's last year) is not showing up in the numbers now.

All the stuff about declining "strongly support" numbers, declining Republican affiliation, less enthusiastic Republicans, historic generic polls is still happening. It's just sad that America has so many tribal assholes.

E: I'm also continually hoping one of Trump's fuckups will stick better because the of the Democrats' extremely difficult position going into the Senate midterms. Controlling the Senate would literally be Christmas every day.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 27, 2018

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Rinkles posted:

Any recommendations? I've always had the, probably ignorant, fear that password managers introduce a single point vulnerability.

I use LastPass at work and at home. For two-factor, I use https://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-hardware/yubikey-neo/

I have to re-authenticate it every 30 days, but that just means I have to tap the physical key (which is on my keychain) onto my phone using NFC, or inserting it into a USB port and pressing the button when prompted. It is really effortless.

e: I also use KeePass for some things.

Kaal posted:

I use KeePass in its many variations. It is open source and available on all platforms. I use Dropbox to hold the encrypted index file and store a separate key file locally on each device. It takes the index file along with the key and the passphrase to open. I consider it highly secure.

moostaffa fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 27, 2018

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lycus posted:

"This person does not appear credible." What a weird loving thing to say when you supposedly think someone is making up a story about you.

Trump honest to god does not realize that doing this makes it incredibly obvious that the person is telling the truth.

He knows she's telling the truth, but he's hoping she doesn't come off as credible to people regardless. He said he doesn't think she does because he wants the other person to agree with him and make him feel better, and he's used to people yes-manning him 100% of the time so he expects them to no matter what he says.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Any recommendations? I've always had the, probably ignorant, fear that password managers introduce a single point vulnerability.

I've always used any variation of KeePass. There are ports for every OS and even mobile versions. I keep a copy of my encrypted database file hosted somewhere on the cloud so that I can see it from my phone. Most versions work with either a master password or an actual file as a key, and I'd imagine you could use a physical key if you wanted. It lets you copy the password from the manager and automatically clears your clipboard after a set number of seconds.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Inglonias posted:

The problem I have with password managers is that you need to be able to install their software, right? I work during the day on a computer where I can't install anything, to the point where I have to use IE10 as my browser. Using the managers effectively means that I cannot log into social media during the day. Thats probably for the best, but I don't like it.

Just install a networked client onto your personal phone or tablet. You'll have all your passwords available to simply type in. For often used / less critical passwords, like those for social media, use a multiword passphrase that exchanges a degree of security in favor of ease of entry (ex: Klepto%Fan4103Burnish is easier to type in than fj48(gj20c9%48vn2984n9v4&jv)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

Because he was neglected and became emotionally stunted as a child, then turned into a completely irredeemable bag of rotting dicks.

At what point, exactly, does a bag of rotting dicks become irredeemable? As soon as the rot starts?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

empty whippet box posted:

Trump honest to god does not realize that doing this makes it incredibly obvious that the person is telling the truth.

He knows she's telling the truth, but he's hoping she doesn't come off as credible to people regardless. He said he doesn't think she does because he wants the other person to agree with him and make him feel better, and he's used to people yes-manning him 100% of the time so he expects them to no matter what he says.

Also keep in mind he said this to someone who leaked it so it’s not like he said it in a national interview or something. He may have had the expectation of privacy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I mean, if he faces some consequence what stops you from saying that doesn't count either? If he literally dies whats to stop you from claiming that means he never faced consequences? How is a list of all the things he's failed to achieve a list of his success?

Technically nothing, although I am not a gaslighting rear end in a top hat. If he died in prison, or lost his assets to forfeiture because of his crimes, or was impeached for wrongdoing, or faced charges for sexual assault, or literally suffered any electoral consequence for years of silver-spooned fortuitousness I'd say he faced consequences.

As of yet, none of that has happened.

Look, I know he isn't astoundingly popular. But he operates within a system that exaggerates the electoral power of racist, uneducated prokaryotes and no amount of ITS ONLY 42% will overcome the fact that a woefully underqualified, scandalous blob of entitled poo poo defied the ridiculous odds and became president.

Tell me a negative consequence Trump has suffered in his lifetime. I'll wait.

Were you one of the ones yelling at everyone to 'stop arzying' and 'show a map' in October 16?

Captain Kevbo
Oct 14, 2000

Vladimir Putin posted:

Don’t don’t some states have free college?

A few states have free community college for residents who meet certain requirements. New York is trying to make 4-year degrees at public colleges and universities free for residents, too, but I think they immediately ran into funding problems (due to really high demand) and had to pull back a bit at least temporarily. We're still really far away from the kind of state-funded higher education you see in many European countries.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chadderbox posted:

At what point, exactly, does a bag of rotting dicks become irredeemable? As soon as the rot starts?

21 I think.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Vladimir Putin posted:

Also keep in mind he said this to someone who leaked it so it’s not like he said it in a national interview or something. He may have had the expectation of privacy.

Maybe, or maybe he leaked it himself. I mean he's got the biggest mouth in the administration by far. I wouldn't spend too much time looking at the oracle sphere when it comes to divining his intent.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

LeeMajors posted:

Technically nothing, although I am not a gaslighting rear end in a top hat. If he died in prison, or lost his assets to forfeiture because of his crimes, or was impeached for wrongdoing, or faced charges for sexual assault, or literally suffered any electoral consequence for years of silver-spooned fortuitousness I'd say he faced consequences.

As of yet, none of that has happened.

Look, I know he isn't astoundingly popular. But he operates within a system that exaggerates the electoral power of racist, uneducated prokaryotes and no amount of ITS ONLY 42% will overcome the fact that a woefully underqualified, scandalous blob of entitled poo poo defied the ridiculous odds and became president.

Were you one of the ones yelling at everyone to 'stop arzying' and 'show a map' in October 16?

I mean, this will just result in us splitting hairs over what a negative consequence is, but what Trump wants more badly than anything else is to be universally praised but particularly by America's cultural institutions, and instead he has to deal with being constantly ridiculed, mocked and humiliated on a daily basis on the most public stage in the world. He is loving miserable.

Like, if you could quantify happiness and surveyed a bunch of random people, I think 9 out of 10 are happier than Trump on a daily basis.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Captain Kevbo posted:

A few states have free community college for residents who meet certain requirements. New York is trying to make 4-year degrees at public colleges and universities free for residents, too, but I think they immediately ran into funding problems (due to really high demand) and had to pull back a bit at least temporarily. We're still really far away from the kind of state-funded higher education you see in many European countries.

I looked into the NY one and it’s 2 or 4 year state university free for all residents whose families make less than $125k. That’s not bad at all.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Vladimir Putin posted:

Except he thinks this is a reality TV game and this is part of the drama/buildup/tension.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

KickerOfMice posted:

HARD HITTING BREAKING POLITICAL NEWS!!!!~
I had Amazon Music gifted to me by a friend with Prime, and it was cool, but I upgraded to FULL PRIME because you guys can't shut up about The Wire so no spoilers or I will come to your house and beat you up!

Tell me this is a series.

Season 2 is good and don’t let people tell you otherwise

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
That's why he should go full heel (from the perspective of his supporters) and embrace social democracy, voting rights and equality.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EwokEntourage posted:

Season 2 is good and don’t let people tell you otherwise

Who in the hell says season 2 of the loving Wire isn't like in the top 10 seasons of television?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This isn't good.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/978451184519434241

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/978447802861678592

Kaal
May 22, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

The idea that Trump hasn't ever lost is just part of his absurd suckers brand. He's gotten his rear end handed to him in court and in the press tons of times. The reality is that it's never been enough to sink him because he inherited millions of dollars and he's been good at minimizing his personal exposure to risk.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Vladimir Putin posted:

Don’t don’t some states have free college?

No.

There are some states and institutions with fairly generous scholarship programs based on need or academic achievement, but no state currently has a "in-state tuition is zero dollars" program.

Which isn't to say it's impossible. A number of states made it work as recently as the late 60s - for instance, UC schools were tution-free for California residents for about 100 years. Even Idaho managed to do tuition-free higher education. It's just that higher education funding cuts, and user fees in general, are a politically easy way to cut taxes and balance a state budget.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

In case people are wondering, no this probably isn't a ploy to gather a secret list of illegal aliens to round up later.... but the Trump administration wants everyone to believe that it is.

If noncitizens are too scared to answer the census, then they just might reduce the number counted in states with high immigrant populations, which is usually blue areas, and if they are lucky and the math works out just right, then just might get 1 or 2 more reps (and therefore EV's) reapportioned into red states.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Z. Autobahn posted:

I mean, this will just result in us splitting hairs over what a negative consequence is, but what Trump wants more badly than anything else is to be universally praised but particularly by America's cultural institutions, and instead he has to deal with being constantly ridiculed, mocked and humiliated on a daily basis on the most public stage in the world. He is loving miserable.

Like, if you could quantify happiness and surveyed a bunch of random people, I think 9 out of 10 are happier than Trump on a daily basis.

Perhaps--and maybe that's a special kind of hell. I do appreciate the possibility that his eternal damnation lies at the confluence of his raging insecurity and profound incompetence--and only because he possessed ridiculous means is resolution always within arms' reach.

However, minority children are murdered on the street for reaching for their waistbands and people are dying of starvation in the richest civilization in human history--so watching Trump literally ascend into the heavens of his own incompetence while families go bankrupt paying for children's medication is intensely unsatisfying.

The injustice of his continued freedom from consequence is just...overwhelming? Suffocating? Intolerable? All of the above?

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/ncroal/status/978450759242125313

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Even the states that allow achievement-based zero-tuition still charge fees, which, as it turns out, are more than twice as expensive as tuition in many state schools.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Pack it in, Soros. :smuggo:

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Bicyclops posted:

Who in the hell says season 2 of the loving Wire isn't like in the top 10 seasons of television?

A lot of people that thought/wanted the wire to be straight cops v drug dealers. The first time I saw it I thought season 2 was one of the weaker seasons, but boy was I wrong. I think it’s hard for some people to get pass the shift from season 1 to season 2 and then they don’t continue with the series

E.g, I think this is how a lot of people see it, https://m.ranker.com/list/best-season-of-the-wire/reference, with 5 the worst and 2 the second worse. 5 is the weakest since it’s the shortest, but yes season 2 is fantastic

EwokEntourage fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 27, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Couldn't you just leave it blank? Or cross yes because gently caress Trump.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

LeeMajors posted:

Why would you suddenly count that when all the previous times he's lost or been denied things not count? He's made decisions so bad he lost billions of actual dollars or hosed up things he had been working towards or lost him people. If that doesn't count as consequences for his action why will he suddenly be struck with guilt if any of that stuff happens?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Illegal immigrants will likely answer "yes" and legal residents go toward population, so I'm not sure what this accomplishes.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kaal posted:

The idea that Trump hasn't ever lost is just part of his absurd suckers brand. He's gotten his rear end handed to him in court and in the press tons of times. The reality is that it's never been enough to sink him because he inherited millions of dollars and he's been good at minimizing his personal exposure to risk.

I didn't say he hadn't "lost"--I said he hasn't faced any real consequences of his actions. His losses have not affected his daily life. Dude still has planes and shits in a golden toilet and has more than most people will ever have in their family's entire lifetimes.

I don't even have to go back that far -- the guy suffers political scandals weekly that would be career ending for literally anyone else - and yet, he remains.

Yes he enjoys a largely uncritical and particularly gutless congress, but this poo poo is unheard of.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like... season 2 might be the second best? Like 2-4 are all really close, and when I say that, I feel guilty for leaving 1 and 5 out.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Rinkles posted:

The general YOSPOS security thread consensus is LastPass, and if you only use Apple devices 1Password is good too. In general the security thread is against KeePass, but I forget the details of why.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Lycus posted:

Illegal immigrants will likely answer "yes" and legal residents go toward population, so I'm not sure what this accomplishes.

They are trying to depress the response rate. They may be too scared to fill out the form or answer the door if the government is going to start asking about citizenship.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

VikingofRock posted:

In general the security thread is against KeePass, but I forget the details of why.

...No they're not. They'll make jokes about the name, but I've never seen anyone say KeePass is harmful.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

LeeMajors posted:

I didn't say he hadn't "lost"--I said he hasn't faced any real consequences of his actions. His losses have not affected his daily life.

Trump is actually a huge loser who managed to take the billions of dollars he made by luck with money his dad gave him into millions of dollars by constantly loving up everything he did and losing numerous attempts to do various things and your image of him as a perfect winner who never loses is more a the_donald fantasy than anything in reality.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

Yes he enjoys a largely uncritical and particularly gutless congress, but this poo poo is unheard of.

Is it unheard of? That's just the normal experience for the wealthy white elites that has always existed. They make the same kind of fuckups that other people make (only often on a much more colossal scale) and then they still end up landing on their feet because they still have plenty of money and connections, and because white-collar crime seldom comes with a prison sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Why would you suddenly count that when all the previous times he's lost or been denied things not count? He's made decisions so bad he lost billions of actual dollars or hosed up things he had been working towards or lost him people. If that doesn't count as consequences for his action why will he suddenly be struck with guilt if any of that stuff happens?

Because the man has literally been a social, economic and political punchline/pariah and he's still president and extremely affluent?

Impeached? Perp-walked? Yeah, deserved. But until it happens, I have a really hard time believing it'll happen. Even if it should.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Trump is actually a huge loser who managed to take the billions of dollars he made by luck with money his dad gave him into millions of dollars by constantly loving up everything he did and losing numerous attempts to do various things and your image of him as a perfect winner who never loses is more a the_donald fantasy than anything in reality.

Yet this huge loser (and yes, he's a loving loser and an awful human being) still occupies the most powerful office in the world.

Because his privilege is stronger than merit.

You're quietly agreeing with my point here.

Kaal posted:

Is it unheard of? That's just the normal experience for the wealthy white elites that has always existed. They make the same kind of fuckups that other people make (only often on a much more colossal scale) and then they still end up landing on their feet because they still have plenty of money and connections, and because white-collar crime seldom comes with a prison sentence.

It's not unheard of that rich people don't face consequences--this is the entire point I'm making here.

It's unheard of that congress is so craven and unprincipled so as to ignore such grave incompetence and injustice in the office of president.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 27, 2018

• Locked thread