Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Icehouse is the cheapest highest abv alcohol 6 pints five bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i am going to sweden in may and i want to bring some GOOD OLD AMERICAN BOURBON to jolly old sweden. anyone live there and know a brand that isn't available? i'll bring that. I live in LA so I can get pretty much anything.

This is what the state liquor store offers:

https://www.systembolaget.se/sok-dryck/?searchquery=Bourbon&subcategory=Whisky&combinedcountry=USA&fullassortment=0

And that's the only store allowed to sell liquor in Sweden.

I'm not a Swede so an actual Swedish person might correct me but I'm pretty sure.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i am going to sweden in may and i want to bring some GOOD OLD AMERICAN BOURBON to jolly old sweden. anyone live there and know a brand that isn't available? i'll bring that. I live in LA so I can get pretty much anything.

just pack some everclear that still has the price sticker on it if u wanna amaze

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

spankmeister posted:

This is what the state liquor store offers:

https://www.systembolaget.se/sok-dryck/?searchquery=Bourbon&subcategory=Whisky&combinedcountry=USA&fullassortment=0

And that's the only store allowed to sell liquor in Sweden.

I'm not a Swede so an actual Swedish person might correct me but I'm pretty sure.

this is indeed the answer, you can still get other stuff in bars/restaurants, but for bourbon anything not on that list would be a very rare sight

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I’ll ask a Polish friend who’s been living in Sweden for many years and who has a taste for whisky what he wishes he could get for bourbon

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Icehouse is the cheapest highest abv alcohol 6 pints five bucks
just you wait until you find yourself some icehouse edge.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lagers are for children

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

fart simpson posted:

lagers are for children

wrong, ales are for children because they don't have the patience to brew lagers and are all about instant gratification.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Have you guys tried Son of a Baptist by Epic Brewing? They have a stupid name but this is probably one of the best coffee stouts I've ever had.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
what makes a beer taste different on tap vs in a bottle?

some of my favorite local brews taste totally different out-of-a-bottle and I don't know if it is freshness or some kind of conditioning that happens or what

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

fart simpson posted:

lagers are for children

lagers (and basic styles of ales) are the current "in" thing among the beer elite. if you don't talk about how much you love beer that, "really tastes like beer" then you'll be derided for having a baby palette. if you like stouts with adjuncts they'll tell you what you really want is soda and that "pastry stouts" have ruined craft beer. it's become fairly insufferable.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i unironically agree with everything painted as insufferable above

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
there is a time and a place for everything. if i'm going to be drinking 4-12 beers then i will most likely drink a domestic light beer or a simple low abv craft beer (many of which are lagers). drinking a ridiculous stout, ipa, or sour once in a while can be fun too though. those types of beers are great for shares or if you just want to have a single beer and nurse it for a long time. it's the holier than thou attitude that makes me hate these people, not their belief that lagers are the superior style of beer or whatever.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

fart simpson posted:

lagers are for children

light beer is for children

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Corla Plankun posted:

some of my favorite local brews taste totally different out-of-a-bottle and I don't know if it is freshness or some kind of conditioning that happens or what

also curious, i always figured it was to do with individual packing, changes in carbonation (and nitrogen etc. if they go with that) and material of the container. like how glass vs can varies vs keg. oh and light exposure, since glass is glass; even tinted bottles are still exposed more than a keg

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also trip report: i got a bunch of labatt free on tap and it was nice. id never had it draft before. normally not my choice at that place but when someone gives you a bunch of drink tickets :guinness:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

OldAlias posted:

light beer is for children

no, you’re thinking of kinderbier and malzbier

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Laslow posted:

just you wait until you find yourself some icehouse edge.

Too corny to drink imo I wish it was more drinkable cause I'd be on it. Maybe I just got a bad can

eschaton posted:

kinderbier

Lol at this name but looking at wiki it seems like it's just malta

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Corla Plankun posted:

marketing and herd mentality

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i believe guinness is actually different between bottle/can/tap. or there's a gas canister in the cans to make you think they're cool :shrug:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

prefect posted:

i believe guinness is actually different between bottle/can/tap. or there's a gas canister in the cans to make you think they're cool :shrug:

it's called a widget

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Cisco brewing's gripah grapefruit IPA is quite nice, kinda like southern tier tangier

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

its management interface is painful though, if comprehensive

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

beer good

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

im back at consulting company home base for a bit (usa)

and in the meantime attempting to freely tap the rockies coors light faster than I can pee it back out but it is a fight

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

sometimes the best parts of a business social event are those minutes of freedom in a urinal stall

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
bought some mead today

bee booze

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Kuvo posted:

bought some mead today

bee booze

what mead did you get and is it good

i hate buying mead blind because when its bad it tends to be really really fuckin' bad

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

counterpoint https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35996/237574/

on the other end of the spectrum, poo poo like this exists:

basically distilled sour patch kids :barf:

This poo poo is actually pretty good and would be a good introduction to sour beers if you haven't had them. Like try this before you get something like a dry-hopped sour just to see if you even like the style.

It's like a sour light beer, basically.

Lately I've been drinking a lot of Two Roads stuff, even their IPAs. And I'm more of a Stout guy.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SO DEMANDING posted:

what mead did you get and is it good

i hate buying mead blind because when its bad it tends to be really really fuckin' bad

it was from http://www.sfmead.com/home.html

dont have mead too often but it was less sugary then others ive had. tasted like a sweater pinot grigio

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
edit is not quote

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 29, 2018

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kuvo posted:

sweater pinot grigio

a nice winter mead

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

um

malt liquor???

so beer

but also some coffee because the hotel has it on tap in the lobby all night long

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

leftover easter beer status: i bought a Samuel Adams seasonal variety thing, and a variety pack from some place called The Dudes Brewing Company
the dudes had a coconut porter that made me want to die and a double IPA that was tolerable
the sam adams seasonal stuff was all pretty tasty

do not recommend coconut porter

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

leftover beer?

:thunk:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

itym passover beer

i had an ipa fresh from a local brewery and it was good??? theyre always sensible with their hops and it really did the trick for me to the point where i dont even get a taster before ordering their new batches. it went well with a sandwich and some good ol lol baseball

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bulgakov posted:

leftover beer?

:thunk:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

anyone tried their 76 ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit