Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
tbh, i prefer fishmech max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i’m surprised the supplements industry isn’t more disrupted than it already is

tho i suppose that might have something to do with how hard it’s deregulated thanks to orrin hatch

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tho i suppose that might have something to do with how hard it’s deregulated thanks to orrin hatch

GNC is based in Pittsburgh and heavily advertises their poo poo on the radio here, especially sports radio, and it's all scammy as hell. Mostly "male boosting enhancements" shoveled at aging boomers who are terrified of their own mortality.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
why did they copy the gmc logo

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I refuse to believe anyone who tells me shoveling junk food into my mouth isn't healthy, if it tastes so good how can it not be healthy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

jimmyjams posted:

why did they copy the gmc logo

duh. it's because GMC has such a strong brand image and they want on the bandwagon.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

snake oil and silicon valley, a perfect match

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
tbh there have to be a hundred “tech” organic paleo non gmo raw snack startups with blogs full of posts about spring water and intermittent fasting now

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
~~food is medicine~~

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Bhodi posted:

I refuse to believe anyone who tells me shoveling junk food into my mouth isn't healthy, if it tastes so good how can it not be healthy

The problem is that you really wanna eat more of something that tastes really good. I've eaten 4500kcal a day of chicken and broccoli and it takes so much willpower to not just break down into tears from boredom.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

it takes so much willpower to not just break down into tears from boredom.
same but for reading your posts

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

The problem is that you really wanna eat more of something that tastes really good
most processed foods are relentlessly designed to override your bodys fullness sensors and get you to cram yourself full of them

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
google, needing a reliable fleet vehicle to handle hundreds of thousands of miles per year has partnered with.... jaguar

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Apple holding a keynote proclaiming the death of computers and all y’all can talk about are vegans smdh

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Actually they're designed to taste really good and last a long time

I've yet to see a proper definition of what a "processed food" really is.

There's macronutrients and micronutrients and that's it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Nobody on earth is getting fat eating steamed broccoli and sauteed chicken.

"durr if you eat my particular fad diet it works" get real loser you're just a picky eater

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

It's this. The whole market is at full scam all the time.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

FCKGW posted:

Apple holding a keynote proclaiming the death of computers and all y’all can talk about are vegans smdh

those computers would still be alive if they just reintroduced meat into their diets

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
lol if you think anyone understands exactly what is good or bad to eat and why. even the fda flip flops every few years. food itself has also become less nutritious over the last decades

we can say pretty certainly which things are more or less healthy though, with variety being on the healthy side and that bucket of lard the statin-laced goon ate for breakfast every day on the other

Apr 7, 2003

FMguru posted:

most processed foods are relentlessly designed to override your bodys fullness sensors and get you to cram yourself full of them

"Processed food" is a meaningless bullshit scare phrase. All food is processed.

Your brain likes fat, salt, and carbs. The more the better. Just make sure you're limiting your calorie intake to something you can reasonably burn and you'll be fine.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

FMguru posted:

i doubt the design goes that far. i assume they just focus group the food and whatever ranks best gets released. and because it tastes "maximally good", people stuff their faces.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

the real issue with vegans is that they dont wear cool leather jackets
thats why vegetarianism is better

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wheany posted:

i doubt the design goes that far. i assume they just focus group the food and whatever ranks best gets released. and because it tastes "maximally good", people stuff their faces.

theres phd chemists/chemical engineers working on this stuff, its absolutely a thing

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

hobbesmaster posted:

theres phd chemists/chemical engineers working on this stuff, its absolutely a thing
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/the-extraordinary-science-of-junk-food.html

(later expanded into https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/209536/salt-sugar-fat-by-michael-moss/9780812982190/ )

Apr 7, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

They work to make it more appealing so you purchase and eat more of it, but the fact remains that 400 calories of potato chips are no more fattening than 400 calories of chicken.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lancemantis posted:

~~food is medicine~~

*sells u a $75 unfinished iron water bottle*

"it fights anemia"

Apr 7, 2003

It's pretty cool that Panera Bread has built a business out of selling 1600 calorie sandwiches to suburban bottle blonde moms under the guise of "clean food."

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Someone make a website that shows 100 calories of literally every food

I know some blog posts exist but I bet that website would make a mint

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's pretty cool that Panera Bread has built a business out of selling 1600 calorie sandwiches to suburban bottle blonde moms under the guise of "clean food."

is that just all sauce or are we talking huge sandwiches here?

we have panera breads in the suburbs now, but i've never been to one.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

hobbesmaster posted:

suppressing the feeling of fullness? or just making food taste better?

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

everybody post their abs

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

They work to make it more appealing so you purchase and eat more of it, but the fact remains that 400 calories of potato chips are no more fattening than 400 calories of chicken.

guess i can just drink beer instead of eating food, then

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

infernal machines posted:

is that just all sauce or are we talking huge sandwiches here?

we have panera breads in the suburbs now, but i've never been to one.

idk about the individual sandwiches, but their "combo meal" is sandwich on a half a baguette with a side of another half of a baguette and a bag of chips

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
for real i bet you could sell steel water bottles that have gouges in the finish weathering strips on the inside in order to lightly and passively supplement your daily water with iron

get a deal to sell them in every one of those combination ballet/yoga/pilates studios and you're set

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

crabrock posted:

everybody post their abs

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

crabrock posted:

everybody post their abs

I don't have abs.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

guess i can just drink beer instead of eating food, then

literally what alcoholics do yes

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

The problem is that you really wanna eat more of something that tastes really good. I've eaten 4500kcal a day of chicken and broccoli and it takes so much willpower to not just break down into tears from boredom.

Yeah I defy anyone here to try to gain weight eating nothing but lean protein, rice, and veggies with only some spices for flavor.

If you fry the chicken and cover it in honey mustard and cover the broccoli in cheese and butter that's a different story

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

crabrock posted:

everybody post their abs
plural?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GNC is based in Pittsburgh and heavily advertises their poo poo on the radio here, especially sports radio, and it's all scammy as hell. Mostly "male boosting enhancements" shoveled at aging boomers who are terrified of their own mortality.

EXERGEN ALPHA MALE XL