Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Gender is fluid.

Gender is fluid.

Cats is fluid.

Gender is cats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Technically showers are only supposed to be for first-time brides- and moms-to-be - the idea is that experienced wives/mothers are giving gifts and advice to the new bride/mom to prepare her for a new phase of life. Having a shower for subsequent marriages or kids is unnecessary, but people do it anyway because who doesn't love a party?

Anyway, I say you should only have a gender reveal party if you're going to troll your guests. Make the cake/balloons/powder/whatever green or orange or something. Now that would be a surprise!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Keep bridal and baby showers women only, imo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

zoux posted:

If that means I could stop going to them and interacting with people I don't particularly care for I'm down for that segregation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Len posted:

Its all newborn clothes and diapers that will be outgrown before maternity six weeks is over and donated to your kids future daycare

Gotta get richer friends.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Who has the energy for a party with a newborn? Drop by with food a couple at a time, thanks.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Gender is fluid.

It could be a 10w30, or a 5w30.

:golfclap:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Pththya-lyi posted:

Anyway, I say you should only have a gender reveal party if you're going to troll your guests. Make the cake/balloons/powder/whatever green or orange or something. Now that would be a surprise!

The box opens and out flies a dozen orange balloons. The crowd of family and friends gasps and looks around confused until someone spots the dildo or fleshlight sticking out from the bottom of the box.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

zoux posted:

Oops, too late! Anyhow, allowing men to attend only meant there was me, my one friend, and the baby's grandfathers sausaging the place up.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Who What Now posted:

Not all gender reveal parties ask for gifts to be brought, and most are for children after the first where the parents want to have a celebration for their pregancy.

Sorry you don't have enough friends to have figured this out.

Most people don't want to block out 3 or 4 Saturdays because you want everyone else to keep paying attention to your unborn or newborn baby. People got poo poo to do.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
That reminds me, there was a news article about a couple getting rainbow balloons accidentally. They were mad for some reason instead of finding it hilarious, which it is.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

LargeHadron posted:

Right now on Facebook I’ve got a buddy giving a *serious warning* to all his friends that the first step in Hitler’s rise was an emotional appeal to youths. Complete with pictures of Hitler hanging out with kids. This is in response to the high school students marching for tighter gun restrictions.

The variety of opinions possible in the human brain is truly a gift that makes the world a more colorful place and not at all annoying.

Oh so NOW you* think Hitler is a bad thing.

e: *the iosm

Ularg has a new favorite as of 18:36 on Mar 27, 2018

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Len posted:

Theres not many times i can have a penis themed party and a gender reveal is one of those times
I think you'll find you can have a penis themed party whenever you want

even more true if you don't have kids really

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Where do you go if you want a penis-shaped cake but it needs to be family friendly?

SEXY CAKES, THE EROTIC BAKERY works blue.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

zoux posted:

gently caress that if I'm stuck going to the stupid things men should have to suffer too.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Big Grunty Secret posted:

That reminds me, there was a news article about a couple getting rainbow balloons accidentally. They were mad for some reason instead of finding it hilarious, which it is.

On the one hand, I get being mad. You had this big reveal party planned, and people who are going through the trouble of doing something like that obviously very much care about it. Having it ruined at literally the most important point in the thing really takes the wind out of your sails when you're trying to celebrate something important to you. On the other hand, it's incredibly funny, and you can tell the guy is trying very hard to keep himself from laughing. I think being able to laugh at it in the moment and go back to the place and reasonably ask for a replacement or refund or something would be fine, but these people have their story on a news site so they probably were the types to raise a stink.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/978658082526969856

If I had a complaint, well, it's that I make my girlfriend cum TOO much with my superior sex moves
They're both actors and he's jealous of her much bigger role in this farce of a sex life.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Scathach posted:

gently caress that if I'm stuck going to the stupid things men should have to suffer too.

See its this mindset that got men roped into going along with this poo poo. You think it was because some butthurt husband pestered his wife into tagging along?

:mad: Stop being a crab in a bucket pulling us into the same bucket of a baby shower!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Gender is fluid.

It could be a 10w30, or a 5w30.

Sometimes it's 10w40 and your dad gets pretty annoyed.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Panfilo posted:

See its this mindset that got men roped into going along with this poo poo. You think it was because some butthurt husband pestered his wife into tagging along?

:mad: Stop being a crab in a bucket pulling us into the same bucket of a baby shower!

Sorry pal you are so stuck in this baby shower bucket with me.

(This kills the crab. Emotionally.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I had to go to wedding shower once and we played a game where they tied Lil Smokies to strings and hung them off our belts and we had to get them in a cup and now I have PTSD from it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

enigmahfc posted:

Most people don't want to block out 3 or 4 Saturdays because you want everyone else to keep paying attention to your unborn or newborn baby. People got poo poo to do.

What parties have you been to that last four weeks?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Not all gender reveal parties ask for gifts to be brought, and most are for children after the first where the parents want to have a celebration for their pregancy.

Sorry you don't have enough friends to have figured this out.

I don't know if I would call the people basic bitches invite to their showers and gender reveals "friends"

They're more like drinking buddies, but for uncool poo poo

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
'tis the season again

https://twitter.com/JamieRoss7/status/978688257889366016

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

zoux posted:

I had to go to wedding shower once and we played a game where they tied Lil Smokies to strings and hung them off our belts and we had to get them in a cup and now I have PTSD from it

I have no idea what this means or what it's supposed to symbolize

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The captain of the Ottawa Senators had a gender reveal party where he smashed a hockey puck into a wall and it released blue smoke. Great. Kid was stillborn. Awkwarrrrrd.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Arivia posted:

The captain of the Ottawa Senators had a gender reveal party where he smashed a hockey puck into a wall and it released blue smoke. Great. Kid was stillborn. Awkwarrrrrd.

God drat you for making me simultaneously think that there might be a cool way to do a gender reveal and feel bad for a member of the Ottawa Senators.

Poor guy. I hope he and his wife are alright. I might have no love for the Senators, but I don't mind Karlsson on his own, and wouldn't wish something like this on anybody.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Arivia posted:

As a Senator he’d be familiar with loss.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bobby Digital posted:

:drat:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Bobby Digital posted:

*frantic collar tugging*

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Sibling taxidermy?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bobby Digital posted:

:vince:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

I have no idea what this means or what it's supposed to symbolize

You put the WEINER in the HOLE and you have to move your pelvis around to do it.

My god is nothing sacred

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

God help me they reproduce.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

joylessdivision posted:

God help me they reproduce.

in the grand scheme of things flat earthers reproducing is like one of the least bad reproductions I can think of right now. As long as they vaccinate.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yes, those are words an actual toddler would use.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

... and then she proceeded recite Shakespeare's "Hamlet".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Mummy, video games ARE art!