Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Concerned Citizen posted:

weird how some people itt who have lobbed criticisms at dems for running candidates whose greatest attribute is "not republican" suddenly have no problem when you change it to "not cuomo."

cynthia nixon's candidacy is simply an avatar for bill hyers' and bill de blasio's grudge against cuomo, and an attempt to kneecap his presidential run. all of which is admirable and good, but that doesn't make a millionaire actress an ideal vehicle for progressive ideology.

Cuomo is bad hope this helps

its absolutism binch

also nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

weird how some people itt who have lobbed criticisms at dems for running candidates whose greatest attribute is "not republican" suddenly have no problem when you change it to "not cuomo."

cynthia nixon's candidacy is simply an avatar for bill hyers' and bill de blasio's grudge against cuomo, and an attempt to kneecap his presidential run. all of which is admirable and good, but that doesn't make a millionaire actress an ideal vehicle for progressive ideology.

Weird how you're comparing a candidate who's advocating openly for progressive causes and then Drawing false comparisons to empty suits like Doug jones. It's almost like they are not the same thing and you're a mush mouthed slimy grifter arguing in bad faith who needs to shut the gently caress up.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Nixon is better than Cuomo because Cuomo is Cuomo, this might be confusing to you because it's the exact same parable as Clinton is bad because Clinton is Clinton

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Thank you for your service

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
*now invading the world of CuomoLiker420*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
she can do whatever the gently caress she wants cos she's not Cuomo, and its funny to see comfortable incumbents squirm :q:

anyways if you are making a big deal out of it, then you truly have to be concerned, utterly so~ :smugdog::pipe:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn Cuomo sucks and I'm happy to see Nixon wipe the floor with him.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
imagine coming online to well actually about Cuomo, just lmao

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Matt Zerella posted:

Weird how you're comparing a candidate who's advocating openly for progressive causes and then Drawing false comparisons to empty suits like Doug jones. It's almost like they are not the same thing and you're a mush mouthed slimy grifter arguing in bad faith who needs to shut the gently caress up.

i might be more excited for cynthia nixon when she actually openly advocates for progressive causes, rather than just being a vessel through which you can fit all your hopes and dreams. thus far it's been "government should do more on healthcare," "income inequality is bad," and "fix the subway." all of which is cool and good, but not something you wouldn't find support from CAP on.

if i were voting in this race i'd pick nixon over cuomo solely because cuomo is a massive pile of poo poo, but i think she's a horribly anemic candidate and i don't think there's any reason to actually be excited about her.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 21:16 on Mar 27, 2018

Serf
May 5, 2011

lol at a lib handwringing over a progressive

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
two times governor Cuomo deserves another run, another chance because he's just gotta have 12 years as a teachable moment

i might be more excited for cynthia nixon when she actually openly advocates for progressive causes, rather than just being a vessel through which you can fit all your hopes and dreams. thus far it's been "government should do more on healthcare," "income inequality is bad," and "fix the subway." all of which is cool and good, but not something you wouldn't find support from CAP on.

no its just funny to challenge people and thats why its called a democracy or what should be as such

you are looking it at it all dumb and wrong, like an idiot

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
by the way i dont actually read CC's posts, I just make a guess and say thats wrong

it hasn't failed yet and you should try this

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

if i were voting in this race i'd pick nixon over cuomo solely because cuomo is a massive pile of poo poo, but i think she's a horribly anemic candidate and i don't think there's any reason to actually be excited about her.

"She's no Larry Krasner, nor even a Paul Krassner!", claims concerned citizen in bid to win over undecideds to the 'anemic' candidate

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

my only mistake is ... obvious bad faith trolls like this post

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

i think she's a horribly anemic candidate and i don't think there's any reason to actually be excited about her.

oh my god, dude, ENOUGH with the 2016 primary salt!!!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It's okay to criticize people you otherwise agree with. Unless you're the designated Democratic Party Sin-Eater and thus must bear all the sins of the lanyard.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i might be more excited for cynthia nixon when she actually openly advocates for progressive causes

gently caress off out of here with this "I'm more leftist than thou" poo poo you goddamned skinjob

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's a lot more fun to not read CC's posts and just imagine what they posted instead. Long term prisoners of the Suck Zone are pretty accurate at this game.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shinjobi posted:

It's a lot more fun to not read CC's posts and just imagine what they posted instead. Long term prisoners of the Suck Zone are pretty accurate at this game.

ya i skip over CCs posts. ive also skipped over the posts of several people if they have CCs avatar because its not worth the risk.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Cowards, all of you.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

WampaLord posted:

gently caress off out of here with this "I'm more leftist than thou" poo poo you goddamned skinjob

That's not a WJ-style post. It's more criticism of what is currently a largely content-free campaign.

Also reminder it's plausible we might have Gov Teachout if WFP hadn't endorsed Cuomo.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I really don't care who the governor of New York is, though seeing Cuomo get humiliated would be pretty funny.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This is a new low 4 u, cc

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

I get the point you're trying to make, but the problem is that labor income always has the ability to be converted into capital, so a person making a lot of money will always share a lot of the interests of someone who currently gets most income from investments. They can always say "instead of spending my money on hookers and blow this year, I'm gonna invest it" and suddenly they're benefiting from the same things as capitalists. Someone who doesn't make much money doesn't have that choice, because they'll always be relying on their labor income in order to maintain a reasonable quality of life. Basically, the person with a very high income still benefits from having "invest a bunch more money and accrue significant capital income" as an option available to them. At the very least, this warrants being considered fundamentally different from someone who doesn't make enough money to have that as an option available to them.

An analogy might be someone whose parents have a bunch of wealth; even though they aren't currently benefiting from that wealth, they still share the interests of capital because it's something they can/will elect into in the future. The same is true for someone with a high income who is currently choosing not to invest more of it for whatever reason. Improving one of the options available to that person improves their net situation.

This is exactly the sort of "temporarily embarrassed millionaire" poo poo that we try to fight everywhere else, and just because some people may have false class consciousness isn't enough to say that we should embrace their wrongness

quote:

(Also that doesn't really address the secondary "it doesn't make sense to compare labor income with capital income, but rather to merely look at capital income and whether it constitutes a living wage" point. Someone in that situation isn't really relying on labor, since labor is just a choice they're making and they could always stop working and live off the returns, even if it would lower their yearly income. So "is their primary income stream from investments" is not the best way to define capitalist, since "could they choose to subsist off investments alone" is far more reasonable.)

I don't like "could they choose to subsist off investments alone"; if you own a failing business that literally isn't making profit such that you as the owner aren't making any dividends, you still own the business.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

docbeard posted:

I really don't care who the governor of New York is, though seeing Cuomo get humiliated would be pretty funny.

hell yeah :toot:

people make such a big deal about the guy, he might as well have a nice meltdown, thats all i ask for

if he wins then its just a matter of time until he does lose the 4th time and the meltdown will be even nicer

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

but not something you wouldn't find support from CAP on.

lol

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

docbeard posted:

yeah, and a candidate whose idea of familiarity with upstate voters' wants and needs is "I stayed in a bed and breakfast there once" might ultimately fail in doing the needful

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ignored. ignored. ignored. youre all ignored. none of you are free of liberalism

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I, a progressive, only trust canditates that have policy supported by the Clinton Administration Policy center

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

i'm as much siding with andrew cuomo as you're siding with trump when you criticize hillary

that is to say: not at all

"I hate JB Pritzker. Cross my heart. I just ran into this thread smugly touting his win on election night so as to keep everyone posted. Cross my heart."

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

That's not a WJ-style post. It's more criticism of what is currently a largely content-free campaign.

Also reminder it's plausible we might have Gov Teachout if WFP hadn't endorsed Cuomo.

Also reminder that Zephyr Teachout is literally working for the Cynthia Campaign

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Also a reminder that the Rat King is Cynthia Nixon's television son.

(I cannot possibly be the only person who listened to the second season of The Worst Idea of All Time. right? RIGHT?)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

what makes this particular millionaire actress an ideal vehicle for progressive ideology is her authentic progressive ideology.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

She announced like, a week ago. The election is months from now. (corrected to prevent pedantic nitpicking that will surely occur anyway)

No loving poo poo it's a content free campaign you disingenuous piece of loving garbage. No one is paying attention other than political junkies.

"Why hasn't Nixon completed all of her debates already? What is this nonsense?" - CC in March

WampaLord has issued a correction as of 21:37 on Mar 27, 2018

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

zegermans posted:

ignored. ignored. ignored. youre all ignored. none of you are free of liberalism

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

They finally installed the emotion chip in zuck's head

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Willa Rogers posted:

what makes this particular millionaire actress an ideal vehicle for progressive ideology is her authentic progressive ideology.

no you see, she isn't sufficiently progressive enough! she's just tricking you!

which is why you should support cuomo instead! he's not tricking you at all!

when can i collect my dnc check?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
sharpening my ideological katana by getting mad at things I imagine my hated foes saying

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Stop responding to Concerned Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

WampaLord posted:

She announced like, a week ago. The election is in November.

No loving poo poo it's a content free campaign you disingenuous piece of loving garbage. No one is paying attention other than political junkies.

"Why hasn't Nixon completed all of her debates already? What is this nonsense?" - CC in March

The election is in September. It's actually really possible for a candidate to state things they are for when they announce, weirdly. At the moment I don't know how she is to the left of any generic center-left candidate. Maybe that changes, but it's hardly unusual to run on more than platitudes during the initial press blitz.

• Locked thread