Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Concerned Citizen posted:

The election is in September. It's actually really possible for a candidate to state things they are for when they announce, weirdly. At the moment I don't know how she is to the left of any generic center-left candidate. Maybe that changes, but it's hardly unusual to run on more than platitudes during the initial press blitz.

being intentionally ignorant is your fault, not cynthia's

hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

At the moment I don't know how she is to the left of any generic center-left candidate.

First off, thanks for the pedantic correction I knew would happen, you loving shitstain.

Second off, because you are willfully blind and dense and have your head firmly lodged up your rear end in a top hat.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Stop responding to Concerned Citizen.

No

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just cause we all gotta suck, doesn't mean we all gotta be mad too

Just dunk on Cuomo, and be at peace my friends.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

This has reminded me that Cynthia Nixon was involved with the film Sex and the City 2 and is therefore a war criminal.

(Still better than Cuomo, obviously.)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shinjobi posted:

Just cause we all gotta suck, doesn't mean we all gotta be mad too

Just dunk on Cuomo, and be at peace my friends.

kicking cuomo in the ribs while he's down right now friend! :thumbsup:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"tHe ElEcTiOn Is In SePtEmBeR" I post, having firmly won the argument

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

WampaLord posted:

"tHe ElEcTiOn Is In SePtEmBeR" I post, having firmly won the argument

Calm down

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

*ccishly* well gee guys i dunno if you should be supporting this center-left politician she seems shifty

what about the upstanding right-wing republican coddling incumbent? he has clear policies!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I agree we need to criticize leftist candidates but it's easier to do when it's being done in good faith which no one believes CC is

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I'm with cc on this one, folks. clearly danny devito should be the one running to unseat cuomo.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Zhulik posted:

I'm with cc on this one, folks. clearly danny devito should be the one running to unseat cuomo.

smdh, racist sexist devitbro

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

suck my dick from the back

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Zhulik posted:

he's too busy becoming mayor of new york

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

its a crime that danny devito missed his calling and didnt get cast as the voice of pikachu

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Shear Modulus posted:

its a crime that danny devito missed his calling and didnt get cast as the voice of pikachu

this but in the movie where pikachu talks

or maybe as the voice of detective pikachu

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
meowth talking, totally normal

pikachu talking, dear god what is that

that is how i feel about andrew cuomo, the pikachu option

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
^^^

talking pikachu is an abomination

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

papa horny michael posted:

^^^

talking pikachu is an abomination

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cR4ADXBkII

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/SethAMandel/status/978723920470822912

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
politics makes strange bedfellows

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

dinesh, you're succ

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/peyton_darnelll/status/978023736518627328?s=21

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've been on Reddit (I'm bored, sue me) and a career entrepreneur CEO is running for governor of Michigan and claiming to be a Berniecrat

He did an AMA whose OP studiously avoids any discussion of issues, but the questions asked of him reveal that he is at least anti-Citizens-United, for legal weed, and aginst for-profit charter schools

No mention of Medicare for All, though, and apparently he donated to John McCain once

Meanwhile, this particular race already has a progressive candidate, Abdul Al-Sayed, and a baddem named Gretchen Whitmer. Really hope this guy doesn't split the progressive vote.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Al-Sayed is actually decent and entrepreneurs are first against the wall. Real tough choice there

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

yeah, and a candidate whose idea of familiarity with upstate voters' wants and needs is "I stayed in a bed and breakfast there once" might ultimately fail in doing the needful
So Cuomo does upstate voter stuff better?
Would you expect Cuomo to stay in a B&B that other plebs stay in?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
argue with cc, but don't have his argument.

cc: "cuomo is a better governor than nixon."

everyone else: "yeah, but you got caught with your dick in a toaster once, so forgive us if we don't believe you."

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
With CC's post about Nixon I believe it'd be better to just give him the campaign content he is missing, if there is any.

Better than a page complaining about how he can be ill informed, purposefully or not.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThndrShk2k posted:

So Cuomo does upstate voter stuff better?
Would you expect Cuomo to stay in a B&B that other plebs stay in?

The vote for a lesser evil is still a vote for evil

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

argue with cc, but don't have his argument.

cc: "cuomo is a better governor than nixon."

everyone else: "yeah, but you got caught with your dick in a toaster once, so forgive us if we don't believe you."

I see you've taken your own advice to the point where even the argument you cite as CCs isn't his argument.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Cuomo is really good at upstate stuff by raiding the MTA coffers to bail out a really terrible ski mountain

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

docbeard posted:

I see you've taken your own advice to the point where even the argument you cite as CCs isn't his argument.

look, i said that i would lend you my copy of super bomberman, okay? i only just got it, my birthday was yesterday. you don't have to keep harping on it, just wait until i've actually had a chance to play it.

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

i think she's a horribly anemic candidate and i don't think there's any reason to actually be excited about her.
that's because politics is a game to you whereas other people view things like this:

quote:

We could fully fund our public schools — all of our schools. We could end the school to prison pipeline, and level the playing field for students in every part of the state, regardless of the color of their skin or their zip code.

We could fix our crumbling subway system by providing the MTA the money we were promised for repairs, and stop asking New York City or its riders to clean up Governor Cuomo’s mess.

We could take on the real estate developers and landlords who are buying off politicians, raising rents, and forcing people out of their homes. We could strengthen and renew our expiring rent laws, and protect affordable housing for millions of New Yorkers.

We could make sure that no one suffers because they can’t afford health care in the wealthiest nation on earth.

We could take on New York’s corrupt political establishment and the billionaire class on Wall Street by passing campaign finance and ethics reform.

We could make a bold commitment to invest in renewable energy, one that will get us off fossil fuels completely and provide tens of thousands of new jobs — especially in the communities most impacted by pollution and climate change.

We could finally pass the DREAM Act, which has been blocked by Cuomo’s IDC. We could make New York a true sanctuary state, and make sure that no family in New York would ever live in fear of Donald Trump’s ICE agents.

We could end mass incarceration, and end the over-policing of communities of color that is costing people access to housing and job opportunities, and even exposing many to deportation.

as an unequivocable step in the right direction for the Democrats. as opposed to the candidates you work for and advised with such brilliant strategies as "make sure donald trump wins the republican primary"

try opening your mind and imagining that you're not getting paid by corporate shell people for a second and appreciate that there are people for whom things like this really matter, as opposed to running an "exciting"consultant-based campaign

at least appreciate that your political instinct is poo poo, you worked for the biggest loser in the history of american politics. you pick bad horses. your skepticism of a candidate is literally a reason to be excited

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

look, i said that i would lend you my copy of super bomberman, okay? i only just got it, my birthday was yesterday. you don't have to keep harping on it, just wait until i've actually had a chance to play it.

HOW DARE YOU SIR, MY MOTHER WAS A SAINT

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe you could refresh my memory, cc: when you got banned from that claire's boutique for trying to ride a blind dude's service dog, was it the algorithm or hillary directly that told you to do that?

also: were you just banned from that one store or the whole chain?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

well, cc has convinced me—i’m a cuobro now

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm with her (Miranda)

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
surprised so many of you bernailures have the power levels necessary to withstand the most powerful praxis of all: pointing out someone's apparent hypocrisy and then waiting smugly for them to log off

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/978745754591350784?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

how do you people not have cc on your ignore list

• Locked thread