Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Oh my god theres 2 girls in line in front of me, one decided to tap out and leave. I joked well at least someone escaped and the girl remaining turns around and has two fresh black eyes and a broken nose

lmao you unintentionall rear end

RIP DICK HE DIED OF MEDIUM AGE IN THE DMV LINE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

lmao you unintentionall rear end

Dude that doesnt even take skill, that's raw, natural talent

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Inline 4 motorcycles objectively sound The Best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uoATZMJrao&t=35s

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Am I supposed to believe there's a jet engine inside that bike that has no intake or exhaust for one? I know they make really tiny jet engines, I've seen them in remote control planes for example, but that thing clearly has a drivetrain.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Leperflesh posted:

Am I supposed to believe there's a jet engine inside that bike that has no intake or exhaust for one? I know they make really tiny jet engines, I've seen them in remote control planes for example, but that thing clearly has a drivetrain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTT_Turbine_Superbike

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Online kept telling me not accepting appointments at this time, the walk ins are not appointments they're idiot hell fuckers who just wanna pop in and grab a number real quick, i already checked online wait times and this location was the shortest wait time outside of loving Livermore, and I dont even see anybody behind the loving counter now to boot

Livermore doesn't have a DMV, or at least they didn't when I lived there a couple years back. Pleasanton has one, and it's hell. I went a few times and even with an appointment it's a poo poo-show, assuming they have any appointments available--there were at least 2 occasions when I needed to register a new vehicle purchase, and you get 2 weeks to do that, and there weren't any appointments available for the next two weeks in Pleasanton.

Tracy DMV was my go-to. Not that much longer of a drive than Pleasanton and they usually had appointments open. It's a relatively new building that's reasonably easy to get to from the freeway, and I don't think I ever spent longer than 20 minutes there from walking in the door to walking out.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Same thing I knew it was a drive out to the rear end in a top hat of the Bay

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Huh. well then it's just a dumb expensive gimmick :colbert:

DMV appointments have to be made in advance, yeah, you have to think ahead like a week.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

builds character posted:

this is a wrong opinion and you should feel bad about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUbSOKdJtno&t=8s

ftfy

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Theres a guy next to me who has been here for 6 hours

Leperflesh posted:

Huh. well then it's just a dumb expensive gimmick :colbert:

DMV appointments have to be made in advance, yeah, you have to think ahead like a week.

I have literally in my entire life never encountered back ups like this

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dude they stopped the assigned numbers so now they call you by your initials plus phone last 4 so nobody knows if they got missed, or how long itll be, with the average wait time being 3-4 hours AFTER they get their assigned number

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Literally the first available appointment at any DMV locally

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Checking other departments I get options for May and June

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im so mad im eating this can of spam cold and unfried

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Another entry in my long list of reasons never to move back to CA.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-n7-naQxo

:fap:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
It is likely happening becausr California IDs are becoming real id compliant and you have to go in person to get one. You have to have a "real id" to get on a plane, but no one seemed to notice that doesn't go into effect until 2020 so they're all bum rushing the DMV.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dang yeah the last time I needed a Bay Area, CA DMV appointment, I had to wait a whole week. That's crazy.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

In Northeast Ohio I don't think I've ever waited more than 5 minutes to get to the counter at the DMV. California sucks.

Ohio sucks too but at least the DMV isn't bad.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lmao a hotty sat down at the bar and started talking to my friend and i told her dont loving give my boy the time of day because hes a shithead literally seconds after he bought my beer and now hes pissed

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Lmao a hotty sat down at the bar and started talking to my friend and i told her dont loving give my boy the time of day because hes a shithead literally seconds after he bought my beer and now hes pissed

Mr Dick: "My dick doesn't work so I'll dick-block my buddies. NO ONE gets the pleasure!"

Or did you intend hitting on her yourself?

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

Livermore doesn't have a DMV, or at least they didn't when I lived there a couple years back. Pleasanton has one, and it's hell. I went a few times and even with an appointment it's a poo poo-show, assuming they have any appointments available--there were at least 2 occasions when I needed to register a new vehicle purchase, and you get 2 weeks to do that, and there weren't any appointments available for the next two weeks in Pleasanton.

Tracy DMV was my go-to. Not that much longer of a drive than Pleasanton and they usually had appointments open. It's a relatively new building that's reasonably easy to get to from the freeway, and I don't think I ever spent longer than 20 minutes there from walking in the door to walking out.

lifelong Livermoron checking in. the Tracy DMV is so much better than Pleasanton, it's a joke. I usually try to get an appointment at Pleasanton but if for whatever reason it is urgent, Tracy is definitely the way to go. my last appointment at Pleasanton actually went very smoothly but it was just for a license renewal.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Leperflesh posted:

If you make an appointment you get to waltz past all the people who went to the DMV without an appointment, yes. Also if you are going to the DMV to do certain things you get to stand in a different line.

Pro tip: you can go to any DMV, not just your local one, so go to a branch that isn't busy. I remember going to Pacifica to avoid the SF DMV once.

This is so true. My secret weapon is the tiny little DMV office at the county courthouse in my BFE small town that never has anyone in it. In and out in ten minutes, including chatting with the counter folks to stave off their death by boredom.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What is BFE?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Where you live. :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Gee whiz golly shucks i sure am looking forward to not drinking for 5 months and never smoking again

:eng99:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you live in BFE you will never encounter another person that knows the expression BFE. Word origin is not specifically known but may arise from WWII activities in the middle of nowhere there for no reason.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rhyno posted:

What is BFE?

Bum gently caress Egypt, aka the middle of goddamn nowhere. No joke, my apartment is twenty feet from a soybean field.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Get AAA, they do DMV stuff. Or come to Marin, even the DMV can’t make us wait in The Land of Privilege.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Got here at 8am.

They opened at 9. Going on my first hour.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

There's just no way

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Got here at 8am.

They opened at 9. Going on my first hour.

:psyduck:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Jesus wept that surely should be unacceptable in this day and age. Or any

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, can you use thumbtack or angie's list for line holders?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I find it amazing how irredeemably terrible the stereotypical US DMV seems to be. While we're not short of inane bureaucracy here, it's generally pretty much ok with this sort of thing. You guys seem to have taken lessons from the French.

Slim Pickens posted:

Jesus, can you use thumbtack or angie's list for line holders?
No, you can give a tramp :10bux: to wait in line for you like everyone else.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
But how do I know that tramp is reliable without a 5-star rating system???

The DMV I always go to is in an industrial area and never very busy after work, I'm usually in and out within 15 minutes. Go to the only DMV in Tacoma, though, and you're gonna be there at least an hour.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Slim Pickens posted:

But how do I know that tramp is reliable without a 5-star rating system???
FFS, you don't give him the :10bux: first.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Wrong, but still very good.

Some nice listening for the six hour dmv wait.*

*wait time until you get inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If ever there were a time to test the room-clearing ability of Dave's gaseous digestive leavings, this may be it.

• Locked thread