Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just so you know

I hate each and every one of you very, very much:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

iospace posted:

Just so you know

I hate each and every one of you very, very much:

Can't tell if you named it or Wiz just updated the system name list.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kingcom posted:

Can't tell if you named it or Wiz just updated the system name list.

I didn't name it.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

iospace posted:

I didn't name it.

Paradox best studio confirmed.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
stimsis and covfefe are both in the base namelist for systems

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Beet Wagon posted:

Inverse kinematics was one of the big tentpole "features" of the most recent patch, and of course it's working very cigly

e: well alright then. What the gently caress is that thing?

Theres definitely some sort of 'Tent pole 'going on there !

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Inverse kinematics was one of the big tentpole "features" of the most recent patch, and of course it's working very cigly

e: well alright then. What the gently caress is that thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxo9wGA9qYg

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Iafeth
Jul 17, 2017

:airquote:natural stimulants:airquote:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Is Chris Roberts Going to Make Me His Bitch?

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Serious salt on teh interwebs over Sea of Thieves' $60-for-basically-an-alpha.

I wonder what the commandos in for tens of thousands of dollars would say.

"Sid Meier did that decades ago! Chris Roberts is doing something thatnevernbendonebefor

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the dumbest thing is sea of thieves would be a great $10-15 game, but they're charging $60 for it.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Truga posted:

stimsis and covfefe are both in the base namelist for systems
So is Trappist and Kerbol, has been for a while too IIRC

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
For people who want a game that includes a whole mess of genres and works surprisingly well, see NieR: Automata.

It's what Croblerts would make if he had any talent.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

BluesShaman posted:

For people who want a game that includes a whole mess of genres and works surprisingly well, see NieR: Automata.

It's what Croblerts would make if he had any talent.

it's anime tho

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

oh...

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

https://i.imgur.com/OlwIZVf.gifv

Easy targets? Not quite!

https://i.imgur.com/35nZbmb.gifv

Don't get cocky

https://i.imgur.com/ZYCBohu.gifv

Holy poo poo piiiiissss (The battle damage near my tail was caused by the AA gun)

God dammit you're making me miss Aces High II again. Bastard.

I need a new joystick.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDzXOor1WvU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: Ship Sales STALE?! Optimization STUPID?! & Elitist ATTITUDES. #realtalk

DaGaimez is throwing down more #realtalk, trying to get the Zealots to come to heel because their elitist attitudes are alienating the people CIG needs to keep the faith (i.e. keep buying ships.) Optimization and Playability remain the watchwords for DaGaimez, because slideshow frame rates are faith killers. And when faith dies, ship sales die, but if ship sales die then CIG is going to be in trouble...

I really dig this guy’s recent messages. He’s an Evangelist but he generally knows what time it is.

Video is worth a watch, if only to hear him liken the discouraged / disgruntled backers to those of a girlfriend who just doesn’t understand what you’re trying to tell her. But you still want dat booty, right? So why drive her away just because she can’t understand you. (It is a sex analogy.)

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Someone translate this so an average goon can understand. Tia.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:siren:

Document: http://docdro.id/oxLxMkt

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

G0RF posted:

Video is worth a watch, if only to hear him liken the discouraged / disgruntled backers to those of a girlfriend who just doesn’t understand what you’re trying to tell her. But you still want dat booty, right? So why drive her away just because she can’t understand you. (It is a sex analogy.)

Sounds like a poorly chosen analogy given the audience…

no_recall posted:

“Stop stalling and show us the money” and “also, could the court please tell CIG to stop sobbing and trying to hide behind the court's skirts and instead come out and play?”

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Tippis posted:

Sounds like a poorly chosen analogy given the audience…

“Stop stalling and show us the money” and “also, could the court please tell CIG to stop sobbing and trying to hide behind the court's skirts and instead come out and play?”

This whole thing is playing out like a bad arc of Ace Attorney.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

no_recall posted:

They are of opposite opinions.

It's basically Skadden saying "naaaah" to the motion for protective order. They wanna see every dirty little secret there is hidden inside CIG.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

no_recall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDVET2PXEHA

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

What went wrong with Bravo Team, Supermassive Game's VR shooter ?

Turns out it may have caught a bad case of the CRoberts:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-27-what-went-wrong-with-bravo-team

Useless mocap: Check
Cinematic ~fidelity~: Check
Scope/Budget mismatch: Check
Management interference at every level: Check

Star Citizen may never implement VR but at least the citizens can now play their dream shooter Star Marine Bravo Team.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

What went wrong with Bravo Team, Supermassive Game's VR shooter ?

Turns out it may have caught a bad case of the CRoberts:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-27-what-went-wrong-with-bravo-team

Useless mocap: Check
Cinematic ~fidelity~: Check
Scope/Budget mismatch: Check
Management interference at every level: Check

Star Citizen may never implement VR but at least the citizens can now play their dream shooter Star Marine Bravo Team.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/bravo-team

quote:

It’s poorly made and is, hands down, the worst game I’ve ever played. The fact that the end credits didn’t include a personal apology because you simply made it to ’em is astonishing.

Can't wait for critics to get their hands on Star Citizen.

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

no_recall posted:

Just skimming the first few pages, they're just saying that CIG hasn't given a reason to stay discovery that's consistent with the precedent set by the court and district.

Awesome Fidelity
Aug 16, 2017

The path i walk lights up in
fidelity

no_recall posted:

My layman interpretation:
This document was submitted by Crytek. Crytek's main statement seems to be that CIG during both parties' discovery meeting did not address or defend specific points brought out by Crytek but instead attacked the discovery process as a whole. That means CIG did not try to defend certain positions why Crytek should not get insight in the source code, communication etc properly. Instead CIG said the whole process to be cumbersome without giving proper reasons why. Which according to Crytek is not good enough before a court for the discovery process to be dismissed. Therefore they request a dismissal of CIG's whole 'protective order' (which would deny Crytek insight into CIG's internals).

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Awesome Fidelity posted:

My layman interpretation:
This document was submitted by Crytek. Crytek's main statement seems to be that CIG during both parties' discovery meeting did not address or defend specific points brought out by Crytek but instead attacked the discovery process as a whole. That means CIG did not try to defend certain positions why Crytek should not get insight in the source code, communication etc properly. Instead CIG said the whole process to be cumbersome without giving proper reasons why. Which according to Crytek is not good enough before a court for the discovery process to be dismissed. Therefore they request a dismissal of CIG's whole 'protective order' (which would deny Crytek insight into CIG's internals).

Seems like Crytek understands nothing regarding Open Developement.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Toops posted:

I'll believe real-time ray tracing "will usher in a new era of next-generation visuals" for gaming when I see it.

The fact is, our face is pressed to the floor of the nanoscale problem. We can't make Si-based transistors smaller so we can't make processors faster. Moore's Law is dead and gone. Until we figure that one out, IMO real-time ray-tracing won't get anywhere near a personal computer.

Tangential but would love to hear what you think of this-

PC gaming is headed off toward increasingly more realistic visuals.

I've just recently started following and dabbling in VR tech and for my money, cheap standalone VR - detaching it from the PC - will be the mass market for VR and that's where I reckon gaming is going.

Less fidelity but cheaper to develop for and not dominated by AAA.

Objectively not as good as a dedicated PC VR setup but a fraction of the cost, portable, and no faffing around.

I can absolutely see an indie scene growing very quickly around the cheap Oculus standalone headsets coming over the next couple of years, without the requirement of huge art budgets - and a few of those indies will end up leaders in that brand new market.

I can see more potential for creative fun games coming out of that than I can from a PC gaming industry so focussed on graphics and storytelling that it just wants to create holywood franchises instead of gameplay.

These headsets are limited technically so it'll require some real creativity and cool ideas to make a commercially successful game - just like it used to be.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

You know what, CIG are going to have this thing tied up for years. They'll respond with something else now triggering another round of due process and can keep telling staff and backers there's nothing to worry about.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SomethingJones posted:

You know what, CIG are going to have this thing tied up for years. They'll respond with something else now triggering another round of due process and can keep telling staff and backers there's nothing to worry about.

Until the judge gets fed up with CIG

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Daztek posted:

Until the judge gets fed up with CIG

It doesn't matter how fed up the judge gets, they still have to read all that poo poo and lay out their responses and read them into the record.

This is going to be tied up for years.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

no_recall posted:

Crytek sues
CIG files motion to dismiss
Crytek move to begin discovery
CIG files request for protective order to limit the scope of discovery until the motion to dismiss has been dealt with
Crytek ask the court to tell CIG to gently caress off

IANAL but CIG's protective order request seems reasonable.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 28, 2018

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:gary: Remarkably, Defendants rely on two cases where motions to stay discovery were denied :yarg:

Crytek’s outstanding discovery requests, and to the extent that Defendants have genuine disputes over particular requests, they should meet and confer with Crytek and otherwise comply with Local Rules 7-3, 37-1, and 37-2 before seeking the Court’s assistance in resolving those particularized disputes

As Defendants are well aware, that is how discovery ordinarily proceeds in this Court, and for good reason. Instead, Defendants have showered the Court with multiple pages of criticisms and complaints about the scope of Crytek’s discovery requests.

Crytek respectfully submits that Defendants’ barrage of ad hoc criticisms does not present the Court with any manageable method of resolving any genuine disputes that Defendants might purport to have with Crytek’s discovery requests, and it should be disregarded.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nebiros posted:

God dammit you're making me miss Aces High II again. Bastard.

I need a new joystick.

I use a PS3 controller + M/KB

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

thread is good again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

PURRRFECT!!!!