Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

How much you want for the sleep system? Mine got jacked a couple months ago and my supply sergeant is less than useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
How long have you been out? They can reach out for you a long time after the fact.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

How long have you been out? They can reach out for you a long time after the fact.

I've been out of USAR for 2 years and just finished my IRR time in January.

Retardog posted:

How much you want for the sleep system? Mine got jacked a couple months ago and my supply sergeant is less than useless

I'm actually going to hang on to it because it's great for backpacking/camping.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Sell your kevlar to preppers because it's authentic "military grade" poo poo. That's gotta be at least a few weeks of beer and pizza money.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

psydude posted:

I'm actually going to hang on to it because it's great for backpacking/camping.

Ha, I don't blame ya. That thing gets pretty toasty.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I hope it's like an xxxl fat head Kevlar based on most preppers/militia dudes / people who would ever buy a Kevlar helmet I've seen

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Naked Bear posted:

Sell your kevlar to preppers because it's authentic "military grade" poo poo. That's gotta be at least a few weeks of beer and pizza money.

I need to meet one because I can’t sell my promask to shops or online.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Weird, they are not serialized or anything

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah. I got done dirty my first PCS where I had someone borrow mine, leave, and left me dry with no promask. Family friend had an extra, turned that in after I bought one at a surplus shop. He didn’t want it back.

He has a full kit, minus weapon, mixed and matched from idiots leaving poo poo on the Tank Trail between Graf and Vilseck for 10 years.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
M50s are serialized, some 74D you were...

In 83rd there was a guy in one of the line companies selling M40s by ordering parts, as they are all expendable pieces, assembling them and throwing them online. Took about 2 full masks before he was caught though.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I never even saw m50s except at the school house when they were xm50s. M40 most certainly were not though.

I had to argue with a retarded 1sg that they were lot numbers and he wouldnt believe me even though like 40 of my masks had the SAME number but he thought that was some trick I was trying to pull over on him??

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Yeah I know, just giving you poo poo. Only reason I know M50s have them is because I had 250 on my property book.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mods change my name posted:

I never even saw m50s except at the school house when they were xm50s. M40 most certainly were not though.

I had to argue with a retarded 1sg that they were lot numbers and he wouldnt believe me even though like 40 of my masks had the SAME number but he thought that was some trick I was trying to pull over on him??

I’m surprised he could even read, given how stupid you have to be to re-enlist multiple times

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

not caring here posted:

Can they go 10 years? Asking for a friend.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Technically they can go after you at any time. The issue is they would 1) have to audit their system and 2) actually have put you into it or still have your paperwork. Considering I have SMIF paperwork leap into the nether realms moments after created I’d say you are ok. When I went green to gold my entire existence in the Army disappeared because they deleted it instead of transferring it to cadet command. I had to resubmit everything in order to re build it up. It took me like 2 years just to get my TIS correct because finance and admin people couldn’t agree if I had 4 years or 4 years and 1 month.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Technically they can go after you at any time. The issue is they would 1) have to audit their system and 2) actually have put you into it or still have your paperwork. Considering I have SMIF paperwork leap into the nether realms moments after created I’d say you are ok. When I went green to gold my entire existence in the Army disappeared because they deleted it instead of transferring it to cadet command. I had to resubmit everything in order to re build it up. It took me like 2 years just to get my TIS correct because finance and admin people couldn’t agree if I had 4 years or 4 years and 1 month.

Yeah they were going through a change of command right as I was getting out and half of our poo poo hadn't even made it back from deployment yet. I figured they took what I left in my locker and pencil whipped the rest of it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

psydude posted:

I just realized I never cleared CIF when I got out of the Army Reserve. I'm cleaning out a storage space in my house and found a bunch of TA-50 that I never got billed for, including an ACH and a sleep system.

If they gave a poo poo they'd just take it from whatever tax refund you'd be getting.

But that would mean that someone would have to: 1. Know the poo poo was missing. 2. Care. 3. Complete a financial liability investigation. 4. Actually submit the appropriate paperwork to the IRS.

It is extremely rare that anything beyond the 1 step would ever occur.

Did you piss anyone off?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Did you piss anyone off?

I did. They can and will send you a bill many moons after the fact and demand immediate full payment.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I think I ended up having to pay for poo poo when I came back in from the first time that I got out, but they also owed me leave money which was cool but then I could never sell leave again so lol owned.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

If they gave a poo poo they'd just take it from whatever tax refund you'd be getting.

But that would mean that someone would have to: 1. Know the poo poo was missing. 2. Care. 3. Complete a financial liability investigation. 4. Actually submit the appropriate paperwork to the IRS.

It is extremely rare that anything beyond the 1 step would ever occur.

Did you piss anyone off?

I learned at my first assignment to get in good with the supply sergeant, so the one at my last unit and I got along well (I brought them and the S1 staff donuts every drill).

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
supply, medics, cooks.

supply should be top priority everywhere, same with medics. get in good with cooks if you're on a small rear end outpost on deployment.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
s1 too.

but the real bad boys know the secret is to just call them idiot bitch pogs that gets you ahead

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mods change my name posted:

s1 too.

but the real bad boys know the secret is to just call them idiot bitch pogs that gets you ahead

Can confirm. They love it.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Loden Taylor posted:

lol climb to glory, fucker

gonna climb to glory on a fat chick in watertown, gotta earn that mountain tab somehow

also have these forums died that fuckin much drat

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

gonna climb to glory on a fat chick in watertown, gotta earn that mountain tab somehow

also have these forums died that fuckin much drat

You loving moron.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
I am faced with a very Army problem. Today is m9 range, and 1SG has threatened that anyone NOT shooting expert will reshoot wednesday until they do. However at the same time my platoon ALSO got an ultimatum that we have until friday to change Every loving track pad on our Tanks (Were moving and want to use the spares rather than take them with us.)

So if i just shitbag and shoot like poo poo, Im practically given some shamtime from hard labor camp. However If EVERYONE does it just means labor camp runs 06-02am (cant work past curfew in korea Although Im sure we’d try)

Decisions decisions.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There's enough people that can't shoot a handgun worth a drat that you should fly just nice under the radar.

Gotta be careful though it's real easy to shoot expert if you don't keep count.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Replacing pads means less time spent around Top.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Replacing pads means less time spent around Top.

feminism run amok

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Valtonen posted:

I am faced with a very Army problem. Today is m9 range, and 1SG has threatened that anyone NOT shooting expert will reshoot wednesday until they do. However at the same time my platoon ALSO got an ultimatum that we have until friday to change Every loving track pad on our Tanks (Were moving and want to use the spares rather than take them with us.)

So if i just shitbag and shoot like poo poo, Im practically given some shamtime from hard labor camp. However If EVERYONE does it just means labor camp runs 06-02am (cant work past curfew in korea Although Im sure we’d try)

Decisions decisions.

Chances are you’ll either run out of ammo or get told “he can’t do that.” So try for option A until someone finally makes it stop.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So you’re being told “if you don’t shoot well enough you’re required to come shoot more” as if that’s supposed to be some sort of punishment?

I mean i know range days can have their own lovely elements, but it beats changing treads.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Just lol if you guys aren't shooting 78/40 on pistol every other shooter until qualified.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The last time I qualified with the M9 they handed me a gun that was completely dry and they didn't have any CLP on the range. I think it jammed 9 or 10 times, so the assistant SPO, who was in the lane next to me, knocked a couple of my targets down while I was clearing the jams. He was one of the few good O4s I ever met in the Army.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i qualified* with the m9 once. it was after like 13 hours on the range and we were just burning ammo because WE GOTTA SHOOT IT ALL FOR SOME REASON.

so i just went up and fired as fast as loving possible and walked off because the army is loving stupid and if i'm shooting an m9 at any point, it's probably going to be in my own head because at that point, we're hosed anyway.

*well, attempted to.. sort of?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

boop the snoot posted:

i qualified* with the m9 once. it was after like 13 hours on the range and we were just burning ammo because WE GOTTA SHOOT IT ALL FOR SOME REASON.

so i just went up and fired as fast as loving possible and walked off because the army is loving stupid and if i'm shooting an m9 at any point, it's probably going to be in my own head because at that point, we're hosed anyway.

*well, attempted to.. sort of?

That poo poo blows my mind. It's like the budget stuff.

"We have a million dollars left in the budget. WE GOTTA SPEND IT ALL!! WE CERTAINLY CAN"T NOT SPEND IT!!!"

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
It was always explained to me that the paperwork to turn in unused ammo was annoying. Which, knowing the Army, is probably true.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
its not at all. I did it all the time in korea.

like if its sealed you just hand it to them and its good man, its the same form and everything because it just balances out what you withdrew with the weight of the brass /unused ammo. Can't remember the form off the top of my head but their is no additional stuff other than like having to store it in an AHA or wherever until you turn it back in, but I don't know why that should be a problem.

edit: like with 5.56, if you've opened the can you may as well shoot it, but even if the cardboard box is still glued they count it as the 20 rds. If the can is sealed you're golden. I was on some ranges where they were opening CRATES of ammo just to waste like jesus christ. I was glad I wasnt ammo for that unit on those days.

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 3, 2018

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

When I deployed with the Guard, it was required that everyone qualify with every weapon we might end up with (M9, M4, 249, 240, M2, Mk19. No 203, oddly). There was an E6 who could not qualify with the M9. He tried 20+ times, and failed everytime. I sat next to him and hit enough targets with rocks to qualify. The finally pencil whipped his qual, and said he HAD to qual with pro mask.

He couldn't. He tried to say that it was so much harder with the mask. When I pointed out that mechanically it's no difference-not like using a rifle where it fucks with your cheek weld- he got super pissy and told our squad leader that I was making fun of him.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

That poo poo blows my mind. It's like the budget stuff.

"We have a million dollars left in the budget. WE GOTTA SPEND IT ALL!! WE CERTAINLY CAN"T NOT SPEND IT!!!"

We wound up with the brigade's allotment of ammo once and had to shoot off so much .50 that it ruined the barrels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Aranan posted:

It was always explained to me that the paperwork to turn in unused ammo was annoying. Which, knowing the Army, is probably true.

It’s not that exactly. Ammo budgets are similar to actual budgets in that if you don’t expend all of your allotment you get less next go round. I was an ammo admin in the navy and the systems aren’t vastly different.

So basically if your unit gets 10,000 rounds for training this month and you use 8,000, next month you’ll only get allotted 8,000.