Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

The only teams I have trouble with are ones with lots of firesweep or lots of falchion. Normal armor teams and horse teams are super easy

Very specific armor teams on very specific maps are the only problems I have.

By specific armor and maps I mean bold fighter armor teams on maps where you can’t remove them from defense tiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I kinda want to roll for Tiki just for the axe sp skill.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Well I managed to get my deathless run but it was more than 20 points less than my would've-been-perfect run earlier. Prob getting demoted to T18 this week, this change really blows. idk if they continue to insist on making these pro-whale changes that work against f2p, I may just end up uninstalling. Waifu Emblem isn't worth this frustration.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Just be like me and don't care about getting into tier 20 at all anymore

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Well I managed to get my deathless run but it was more than 20 points less than my would've-been-perfect run earlier. Prob getting demoted to T18 this week, this change really blows. idk if they continue to insist on making these pro-whale changes that work against f2p, I may just end up uninstalling. Waifu Emblem isn't worth this frustration.

Again, get more merges. Using limited time 5* units to stay in t20 was never going to work long term when the scoring system wants you to merge units.

Or just be happy while bouncing between T18-20

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Mar 28, 2018

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Andrast posted:

Or just be happy while bouncing between T18-20

I've accepted this as my fate in this game. You only lose a couple thousand feathers a week, which is a bit of a pain, but the orb count is the same so whatever.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I decided to see what was going on after not playing for awhile and got a -Atk/+Res Fallen Hardin for my free miracle summon.

gently caress you too game! This is just like the +Hp/-Atk legendary Ike I spent all my orbs on.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Would love to get that FRobin, but I'm not going to spend any orbs on this Legendary banner and even if I did, I probably wouldn't get her because the Legendary banners suck rear end.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

ApplesandOranges posted:

For those who can't be bothered to check:

New Earth Legendary Hero is RobinF (Grima). Colourless flying dragon. She has GrimaM's weapon, Bonfire, Cancel Affinity, Res Smoke, and a new A skill Dragonskin (Iote's Shield + Bracing Stance).

Lineup:

Red:
Zelgius
L!Ike
H!Nowi

Blue:
B!Lucina
Fjorm
Lute

Green:
Gunnthra
S!Tiki
S!Elise

Colourless:
L!RobinF
B!Lyn
H!Sakura

I can't wait to burn 100 orbs and get nothing but 4 star characters

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

Would love to get that FRobin, but I'm not going to spend any orbs on this Legendary banner and even if I did, I probably wouldn't get her because the Legendary banners suck rear end.

Legendary banners are good if you want more than one unit in the color you are pulling.

If you want all three they are amazing. I wouldn’t mind getting any of the colorless units in the banner so I’m definitely in for a few orbs.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

Legendary banners are good if you want more than one unit in the color you are pulling.

If you want all three they are amazing. I wouldn’t mind getting any of the colorless units in the banner so I’m definitely in for a few orbs.
That's true, if you want all three units of a color these banners are great. I just hate that they put these cool legendary units and old seasonal units in them and make them really hard to get.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've been spending all my orbs pulling for bunnies and have basically come to terms with the idea of never having FGrima

which is too bad because I'm still extremely jealous of MGrima whenever I see him and FGrima seems better

but legendary banners are just too short. I never got legendary Ephraim either.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

There's nothing in particular I really need on this banner, so I guess I can safely skip it. Which is good, because I blew all my orbs chasing more Eirikas before her banner went away. :v: I got two more for merging! Still no +atk one, but maybe eventually I'll get my new White Whale. Old White Whale was +spd/-def Nino, who I got.

Speaking of, I finally found a real use for Fjorm!

It's making sure Nino doens't get hit with Chill Res. Good job, Fjorm.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

I've been spending all my orbs pulling for bunnies and have basically come to terms with the idea of never having FGrima

which is too bad because I'm still extremely jealous of MGrima whenever I see him and FGrima seems better

but legendary banners are just too short. I never got legendary Ephraim either.

Just get a Fae

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Since we know the datamined info was now accurate, next week's bonus units if you want to begin preparing:

code:

S!Catria
S!Sharena
S!Alfonse
S!Kagero
Zephiel
Narcian
Delthea
Eirika (mage version maybe?)
Fjorm
F!Grima

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'll probably just use Fjorm.

Barst is also almost +10, so he might be able to secure a permanent arena slot now. Gonna be hard to replace either of the Hectors though.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
This legendary banner is problematic for me.

I want F!Grima because she'll be an excellent addition to flier emblem and H!Nowi because she's one of my core arena trio and isn't available any other way.

The rest is absolute dross though so I'm going to be pulling on two colours with only one unit I want on each.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The only way I think I'll pull on a legendary banner again is if there are multiple legendaries in a colour

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

The only way I think I'll pull on a legendary banner again is if there are multiple legendaries in a colour

I don't really see much point in caring if an unit is legendary or not

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Natural 20 posted:

This legendary banner is problematic for me.

I want F!Grima because she'll be an excellent addition to flier emblem and H!Nowi because she's one of my core arena trio and isn't available any other way.

The rest is absolute dross though so I'm going to be pulling on two colours with only one unit I want on each.

Same. :retrogames: We shall descend into hell together.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Emalde posted:

Since we know the datamined info was now accurate, next week's bonus units if you want to begin preparing:

code:
S!Catria
S!Sharena
S!Alfonse
S!Kagero
Zephiel
Narcian
Delthea
Eirika (mage version maybe?)
Fjorm
F!Grima

I just finished merging my Zephiel up to +3 so this is excellent news. Now if only I could get an extra Hector to give him DC...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I just want Valors, so I'll be hitting up Green once I get tired of pulling Matthew and Kagero in Colorless.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

I don't really see much point in caring if an unit is legendary or not

Because legendary units are unique to the banner with a reduced chance of getting them compared to characters on other banners?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Because legendary units are unique to the banner with a reduced chance of getting them compared to characters on other banners?

What if a color has a legendary character and some other units you want in it then?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

What if a color has a legendary character and some other units you want in it then?

I’ll cross that bridge when they actually do it

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016
So is there any reason to spend orbs on L!Grima specifically instead of waiting for Myrrh to be re-run? She's basically trading the pseudo-Wary Fighter effect from Great Flame for super Iote's Shield. Also Colorless vs Green I guess.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I've kind of wanted Delthea and Sigurd for a long time but I don't really need them anymore if I ever really did so I'm kind of torn about whether to actually try to get something from this banner

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Catastrophe90 posted:

So is there any reason to spend orbs on L!Grima specifically instead of waiting for Myrrh to be re-run? She's basically trading the pseudo-Wary Fighter effect from Great Flame for super Iote's Shield. Also Colorless vs Green I guess.

She has DC built in, which is a first for fliers

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Myrrh I think is one of the only dragons who wants DC instead of LB+ too, so having it built in already is a difference-maker

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016

Andrast posted:

She has DC built in, which is a first for fliers

So pass if you already have a DC Myrrh?

Although I'll probably end up with a copy while pulling for Kitty Paddle anyways.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Catastrophe90 posted:

So pass if you already have a DC Myrrh?

If the other things you listed aren't enough to sway you, probably.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Robin looks kinda dumb just floating

I'll probably pull until I get one 5* as usual

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wish they would stop pigeonholing dragons into the slow tank role.

FCorrin is good, make a second dragon like her!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I'm tempted on colorless for this legendary banner. Have 300 ish orbs. I wanted Cat Sakura badly enough that I got 3 Halloween Jakob's without her. B!Lyn would be great for Swift Sparrow fodder. F!Robin is obvi great. It looks like it will overlap one day with the 4 star banner so I'll wait till that. My number one want is a 4* banner with Cordelia on it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fritzler posted:

I'm tempted on colorless for this legendary banner. Have 300 ish orbs. I wanted Cat Sakura badly enough that I got 3 Halloween Jakob's without her. B!Lyn would be great for Swift Sparrow fodder. F!Robin is obvi great. It looks like it will overlap one day with the 4 star banner so I'll wait till that. My number one want is a 4* banner with Cordelia on it.

The banners are unfortunately not overlapping

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
when are they gonna release a b skill so that every build isnt just quick riposte/desperation

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

when are they gonna release a b skill so that every build isnt just quick riposte/desperation

Wrath and chill skills are good and so are breakers

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

:wom:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
breakers are good but wrath and chill skills are too busy being locked to 5* characters. I can't even burn 20,000 feathers for that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

130 of the 160 orbs i had saved up and I finally got Mist

-attack +def.... really bad. I wish healing skills didnt scale off attack so she could just be a buffbot/healbot. At least I finally have her.

Just need Mia and Micaiah and I can save orbs for the next PoR banner.