Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BobTheJanitor posted:

The dark portal zones start their difficulty level at the level you find the key. So on the first meditation, you find the key around zone 30, and the portal will also start at the equivalent monsters to that zone, and then go up by around 15 to 25 levels (it varies in length, or at least it did in IMA). After meditating once, your next run will find the key around zone 45ish, I think. So you'll need to be closer to 60 or 65 before you try the portal again. Generally you can do the portal and meditate for each run around late 40s, 60ish, 70ish, and then late 80s. Then on the next run you get all the way to 100, get stuck on the doomstone for a while, finally beat that, and then go to NG+ and start the process again.

Oh poo poo, good to know. I didn't even realize when I got the key this run so that makes sense.

Edit: Here's a question - What the hell do I do with all these Blink runes? I have no idea why these are a thing because jumping back slightly doesn't seem to really help at all unless I'm missing something.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Blink runes jump you backwards, which can dodge projectiles or get you out of melee. Still kinda useless. Save any junk runes for after your second meditation. At that point you open up the crafting altar which lets you grind down runes and recombine them into new ones.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Blink runes jump you backwards, which can dodge projectiles or get you out of melee. Still kinda useless. Save any junk runes for after your second meditation. At that point you open up the crafting altar which lets you grind down runes and recombine them into new ones.

Awesome. I was hoping there'd be something to spend these on, I usually end up mashing on all of them during a hard Raid just to power up and get rid of em all.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Aramoro posted:

Ah fair enough, I'll try to work our where that is.

I keep running out of inventory space as well, should I just be mashing everything together in the Forge or using it to enhance gear?

Anything that isn't dragon raid gear is temporary. Strengthen them as far as you need to progress and then replace.

Once you start getting T7 dragon raid gear, you'll want to really look at the gear stats, reforge as necessary, and strengthen the ones you want to keep.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

BobTheJanitor posted:

The dark portal zones start their difficulty level at the level you find the key. So on the first meditation, you find the key around zone 30, and the portal will also start at the equivalent monsters to that zone, and then go up by around 15 to 25 levels (it varies in length, or at least it did in IMA). After meditating once, your next run will find the key around zone 45ish, I think. So you'll need to be closer to 60 or 65 before you try the portal again. Generally you can do the portal and meditate for each run around late 40s, 60ish, 70ish, and then late 80s. Then on the next run you get all the way to 100, get stuck on the doomstone for a while, finally beat that, and then go to NG+ and start the process again.

Which Templar level path do you recommend starting with? I took the heal spell first because that seems like a no brainer but since the later stuff is blanked out I'm wondering which side has better stuff overall.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

J3ng4 posted:

Marvel Strike Force has been in soft launch for a while, I think it's going to be out sometime soon. It's a lot like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes in many ways. I have made an Alliance called Goonsquad so if anyone wants to join if they got in early. I am pretty sure the Alliances are not locked to different shards but if they are that sucks. I'll keep watch once it goes live for people posting.

It's out now.

Also out is a port of puzzler Death Squared.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 28, 2018

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Gadzuko posted:

Which Templar level path do you recommend starting with? I took the heal spell first because that seems like a no brainer but since the later stuff is blanked out I'm wondering which side has better stuff overall.

I usually opted for the invuln first, based on the idea that mobs at the end of the run that are most likely to kill you are also dropping the most power, so an extra 10 seconds of killing them and getting power drops is probably worth it. Healing is kind of meh, since the constant ramping up of the bad guys usually means you're either fine or dead, without much room between them. The upgrade paths (spoilers, I guess, for game mechanics? not enough to make me want to use spoiler tags) are: left side: heal, buff slot 2 damage, overheal (basically an extra life bar), buff slot 5 casting speed. Right side: 10 second invuln on death, buff slot 3 casting speed, spam a bunch of spells for 10 seconds when the invuln kicks in, and buff slot 4 damage. Slot 1 never gets a buff sadly, but that doesn't matter too much since it's the only slot to get full spell XP and you probably want to rotate it out frequently to keep your spells leveled up. Unlocking everything lets you assign the templar a spell that he will constantly cast, basically treating him as a 6th spell slot.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Marvel Strike Force

If you want an invite to Goonsquad just apply and post your IGN here and I will try to snag you as soon as I can. I don't know if this game will be popular as it's a Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes clone but I have been enjoying it a bit.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

J3ng4 posted:

Marvel Strike Force

If you want an invite to Goonsquad just apply and post your IGN here and I will try to snag you as soon as I can. I don't know if this game will be popular as it's a Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes clone but I have been enjoying it a bit.

Wow this game is an exact clone of Galaxy of Heroes but with Marvel characters. Good think I like GoH, SF seems fun so far. Anyone know how to claim the 3* Daredevil from pre-registering?

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Sneeing Emu posted:

Wow this game is an exact clone of Galaxy of Heroes but with Marvel characters. Good think I like GoH, SF seems fun so far. Anyone know how to claim the 3* Daredevil from pre-registering?

Link your account to Facebook (ugh). Atleast that's what chat said and it worked for me.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Aramoro posted:

(King's Raid) Ah fair enough, I'll try to work our where that is.

I don't remember if you get any hero selectors from this, but one thing to keep tabs on in KR is the rewards you get from Achievements, Missions, and Quests. Yes they're all separate for some reason, Achievements and Missions are on the lower-left circle menus on map screens, and Quests are inside the screen's left-side list menu that you can pop in/out by tapping the triangle by it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

J3ng4 posted:

Link your account to Facebook (ugh). Atleast that's what chat said and it worked for me.

Idk from that game but you should have a separate fb account for games (assuming you have one you actually use for friends/work/family/w/e)

Bonus points for making the account a fictional character and adding people you don't know from all over the world a mini-game

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For anyone looking for a SimCity clone on Android, Pocket City just might be it. City building, disasters you have to respond to, etc. They're going to release 2 versions: Free and Paid. Free will have ads you can watch for a small cash boost. Paid will be ad-free, and include a sandbox mode, with everything unlocked. No MTX in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxtuDPWFrK8

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

For anyone looking for a SimCity clone on Android, Pocket City just might be it. City building, disasters you have to respond to, etc. They're going to release 2 versions: Free and Paid. Free will have ads you can watch for a small cash boost. Paid will be ad-free, and include a sandbox mode, with everything unlocked. No MTX in the game.

TheoTown has been out for a while now and does similar poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sneeing Emu posted:

Yikes. I hated GoH. Ill stick to my harem skinner box games

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kheldarn posted:

What's MTX?

Edit: to be fair, this looks waaaaaay more polished than Theotown.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

microtransaxtions

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
Dunno which of you is ItchyMcGlitchy on Egg Inc but thanks for carrying everyone through all the contracts how many drat soul eggs do you even have.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

(King's Raid) On what should I be using all the rubies I have been saving? I used some of my free Google money on the daily rubies, so I've got a decent amount building up.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Costumes and 10x summons. There's a double rate of Unique Weapons event right now, for a specific class each day. Today is assassin's I think. So this week is a great time to burn your rubies and any saved up special summon tickets you may have.

Heroes are not worth buying unless you want one of the ones labeled New and cant wait for them to be added to the Inn. You ideally want a unique weapon and a bunch of XP potions saved up for a new person, so it's kind of a waste to buy them with rubies.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Should I obtain heroes based on UWs I have for them? I have Baudinn and Fluff or something like that and both are in one of my selectors.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

explosivo posted:

You need to complete a run of The Dark Portal (the 4th dungeon) which lasts 20 waves. After that you can meditate. You should be able to do it at level 50, I think I did it the first time around level 47. I got back up to 50 and can't get past wave 2-3 in there now though so it might be harder the second time around? There's a lot about this game that is poorly explained but I can't stop playing it.

OK, thanks. That answers another question I had: what the hell is the Dark Portal for?

A further question: what does conduit do? I've collected many of those runes, but it doesn't show up in the help like all the other ones do.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Saxophone posted:

Should I obtain heroes based on UWs I have for them? I have Baudinn and Fluff or something like that and both are in one of my selectors.

Fluss? The tier list and hero info on both Fluss and Bau basically say they're PVP assholes, but not that strong for normal content.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah I'd focus on strong PvE heroes (Gau, Clause, Epis, Mediana, Frey, Kaulah, etc) for your first four. Beyond that I'd suggest going for people you want, either mechanically or looks wise from the inn. You can always pick up an UW of your choice from Arena every 30k points (which is slow, yeah). So you're never locked into randomness getting a UW for someone you really like. As long as your team is set up synergistically you can definitely make most heroes good with enough investment. That said if all you care about is being effective, then check the tier list for people you have UWs for and look for someone who can help in an area you're struggling/aiming for.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I will also provide a slightly contrasting voice that I've gone with a full Physical team since I got my 2* and 3* selector tickets (and bought that Selected Dealer package to get Selene) and have only vaguely regretted it trying to push past 6-21 Hard due to the boss's anti-physical nonsense.

Selene is an absolute world-crusher and Miruru and Phillop bring shred/amp and CC while Frey holds the backline.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

You have a real good setup right there, I wish my Luna would do the same amount of DPS as Selene as her magical counterpart.

re: spending rubies. Another place definitely worth is resetting the highest Upper Dungeon you can once (and checking the double loot box if you're comfortable/hit the highest dungeon). You always always always need the fragments. I was hoarding for months, constantly building Fragments of Infinity. Then came the anniversary event, now the quest resets, loads of free stuff. I was sure T5'ing Morrah from basically zero wouldn't hurt me at all but afterwards I realized I'm lucky to still have enough for one out of the next batch of heroes.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Ah yeah that is a great place and one I do a fair amount. I also expanded my inventory a good amount for autoing story stages for gold and being lazy in dragons longer. It's a more luxury purchase but it's ruby only as far as I know.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

I will also provide a slightly contrasting voice that I've gone with a full Physical team since I got my 2* and 3* selector tickets (and bought that Selected Dealer package to get Selene) and have only vaguely regretted it trying to push past 6-21 Hard due to the boss's anti-physical nonsense.

Selene is an absolute world-crusher and Miruru and Phillop bring shred/amp and CC while Frey holds the backline.

Yeah for a bit I had a few folk ticking over doing 2-3K dps but since I got to lvl 30 with them all Selene is pushing up to 14K dps by herself. She takes a few seconds to get going but when she's up to full speed she hits like a freight train.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
Talking about kings raid, my team currently is

Frey - Dimael - Aisha - Morrah
All T1 except Aisha who's T2 (I have her UW), I still have a T5 ticket for another Hero but I'm wondering if I should save it for a physical damage hero instead
Should I bother on leveling other dudes, my team right now is all lvl 63, trying to level them up until they can clear chapter 6 hard.

And how come it's so difficult to find a Dragon Raid in this thing...

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Relative newbie to King's Raid: I'm on Day 4, cleared Chapter 5, with a pretty vanilla team, need to grind more before attempting 6. I just got my 3* Selector today and am weighing options.

My main team at the moment is Clause - Miruru - Kasel - Frey for lack of better options. (Got tired of Cleo dying too soon at this stage.) Working on Phillop at the Inn, but he's weeks away. Obviously I'm deficient in Magical units. My random UW pulls were Annette and Luna, and I have enough rubies to pull a different 2* even while I keep hearing that I shouldn't.

Thoughts on whom to pick? Eyeing Maria, Annette, Luna, others.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Kings Raid is sounding really good and fun, but when I looked at it I was overwhelmed with the anime. How bad is it really, no bullshit?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Character design and "story/lore" are very Anime, no doubt about it. Tolerance levels are obviously personal, but you can expect a bit of cringing if you don't like that stuff. The worst is the game's subreddit though. Normally I roll my eyes when reading the reddit sneers here but that place is a genuine hellscape.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
How many high pitched submissive type female anime voices can I expect? Because I have zero tolerance for that poo poo.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I played King's Raid a while back and got up to character level 14. Got a 5* Selene, 4* Kasel, 4* Clause, and a 4* Frey that I run. If there's any room in the goon guild I'd like to join otherwise I can wait too!

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Mar 29, 2018

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

How many high pitched submissive type female anime voices can I expect? Because I have zero tolerance for that poo poo.
Well, the roster is big enough that you can skip all these completely and still make it work. The strongest dude in my guild is running a all-male harem.

delfin posted:

My main team at the moment is Clause - Miruru - Kasel - Frey for lack of better options. (Got tired of Cleo dying too soon at this stage.) Working on Phillop at the Inn, but he's weeks away. Obviously I'm deficient in Magical units. My random UW pulls were Annette and Luna, and I have enough rubies to pull a different 2* even while I keep hearing that I shouldn't.

Thoughts on whom to pick? Eyeing Maria, Annette, Luna, others.
Endgame Anette is an absolute pro-pick, her magic amps and the support she's bringing (cleanse, crit, aspd) are unparalleled. You have to invest a LOT until she reaches that point though.
Luna would not be a bad pick. She's straight forward and auto-friendly, brings good DPS from the start. She isn't able to top the DPS charts even though she doesn't bring anything else to the table, that's her downside. BUT If you have her running with an UW you should be able to clear magic things until that even starts to matter.
I guess you should pick a 'real dealer' for your first magic hero to clear stages resistant to physical so Maria is not all that appealing imho. Miruru can still kick things around.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

J3ng4 posted:

Marvel Strike Force

hey it's me the first guy who joined the alliance but we need a thread because this is a king's raid thread apparently

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

syscall girl posted:

Idk from that game but you should have a separate fb account for games (assuming you have one you actually use for friends/work/family/w/e)

Bonus points for making the account a fictional character and adding people you don't know from all over the world a mini-game

Just a warning, make sure you use your fake FB account occasionally and put some pictures on it. If FB ever locks the account you have to upload a photo to prove it's you.

I did the fake Facebook account thing for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Facebook eventually locked the account. Since it had no pictures or anything on it I had no way of proving it was me, and Gumi or whoever wouldn't move the game account associated with the fake FB account to my real one, so I lost like a year of progress (suffice to say I don't play FFBE much anymore).

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Went ahead and installed King's Raid. First character they gave me was a chick with tits the size of literal watermelons that heave and jiggle independent of her body.

This does not bode well for my anime tolerance.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

J3ng4 posted:

Marvel Strike Force

I'm in, third guy to join, enjoying the Marvel aspect of the GoH format so far. Same in game name as here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Went ahead and installed King's Raid. First character they gave me was a chick with tits the size of literal watermelons that heave and jiggle independent of her body.

This does not bode well for my anime tolerance.

I gave up on those games for that reason. I usually play these games on the train and I don't need the evil side-eye from half the train.