Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Either Biden or Bernie will be the first democratic presidents to die of literally old age in office

I don't want either of those two as President. I am an actual card carrying union member, non-white, jew and I still don't want Bernie as President...and Biden only exists because of his Onion alternate persona.

These are our heroes. This is all we've got.

What in the everliving gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

runing biden, bernie, or warren is a surefire way to loving lose, don't run any 2016 failures who will all be ancient in 2020

lol ok dude.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

scuz posted:

Duckworth was born in Bangkok and I'm too smooth-brained to decipher what this means:
So can she run or can't she?

as others have said, plus if you're a citizen who lives outside the us you have to have lived in the us for 14 years (cumulatively, i guess - as an adult?) to be eligible to run for president. no expats

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

go ahead and bring all the baggage of 2016 into 2020 and see how it goes for you

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WoodrowSkillson posted:

runing biden, bernie, or warren is a surefire way to loving lose, don't run any 2016 failures who will all be ancient in 2020

Look at those numbers though

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'll give Eric Trump this: he's a moron who isn't much better than Diaper Don when it comes to his politics, but at least Eric has the good sense to mostly stay out of the news. In that sense, he's smarter than both his brother and his dumbass father.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I don't want either of those two as President. I am an actual card carrying union member, non-white, jew and I still don't want Bernie as President...and Biden only exists because of his Onion alternate persona.

it's not all we've got, people just have a lack of imagination

not that name recognition isn't important, mind you

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'll give Eric Trump this: he's a moron who isn't much better than Diaper Don when it comes to his politics, but at least Eric has the good sense to mostly stay out of the news. In that sense, he's smarter than both his brother and his dumbass father.

He actually just doesn't know how to read or write

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I'm not particularly enthused on either but the numbers look good!

Just nominate whoever has the most name recognition. That's all anyone apparently care about.

I

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

go ahead and bring all the baggage of 2016 into 2020 and see how it goes for you

warren is the best choice we have right now and it's not even close.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do that many people even know who Harris and Gillibrand are?

No, it seems pretty clear that the poll shows that Trump gets 40% pretty much no matter what, but that the amount that the Democratic candidate gets basically depends on how well known they are and nothing more. So there's 40% who will vote for Trump, and ~42% who either will vote for literally anyone else or who know who everyone is, and about 14% who will vote for the Democratic candidate if they know who it is, and about 5% who just can't make up their minds.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Yeah agree. Clean slate in 2020.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I would say that Purple Heart band aid lady would undoubtably do the same thing to Duckworth but thankfully she’s dead.

She is? Did anyone piss on her grave?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

She will get pochahontas'd into oblivion and is an old out of touch white woman.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you really do not get how this works.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Either Biden or Bernie will be the first democratic presidents to die of literally old age in office

Does FDR not count as a democratic president? :confused:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Johnny Bravo posted:

Fair enough, my response was overly dickish so my apologies.

While were talking about polls though, here's one that's mostly useless but fun to digest anyways:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/978944289400074241

The Warren result is the best one, since she's the one most likely of those top three to be a 2020 candidate.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

She will get pochahontas'd into oblivion and is an old out of touch white woman.

No one except the MAGAchuds believes the Pocahontas poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

axeil posted:

He didn't really die of old age.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

axeil posted:

I don't really think of his cause if death as old age

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Warren should have been in the loving CFPB from the get go yes I'm still mad about this and no she shouldn't run for president.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Just for kicks I wished they had included a Hillary-Trump match up in that poll.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

"How do you do, fellow kids?" *horrific gummy inbred Trump Jr. smile*

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

WoodrowSkillson posted:

also warren and biden aren't 2016 failures, what are you smoking

warren's probably not my first choice (I think that's still Duckworth even if Buttigieg runs, but heck, I don't know much about some of the other names being bandied about) and biden's very far from my first, but you're making a very weird conflation here

Warren will be 70 in 2020. That's a bit high, but Bernie's 76 today, Trump's 71 today. I can imagine supporting her. I'd rather see her stay in Congress or the Cabinet though.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

you really do not get how this works.

Warren is also old.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm not particularly enthused on either but the numbers look good!

Just nominate whoever has the most name recognition. That's all anyone apparently care about.

I

Oooo, can we talk about Oprah again?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

They might win, but there's a limit to how much energy methuselahs will have in office, as well as the distinct likelihood of age-related illnesses causing a retirement. I've noticed that Hillary Clinton seems to be having a lot of falls. She might not be on the verge of dying from senile syphilis like the Republicans claimed in the election, but she doesn't seem to be in 100% good health, either.

The fact that Democrats don't have many non-lich candidates who people love is kinda a problem.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

eyebeem posted:

Talking to the people on the internet is so loving annoying.

I'm 35 and I know what woke means. Good for you for being 32 and knowing what woke means.

I was not making the claim that NOBODY IN THEIR THIRTIES KNOWS THIS WORD.

ayo just for the record, much like fuckboy, on fleek, etc woke was black slang for years until yt culture vultures ran into the ground.

not really related but stuck in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7eSUU9oy8

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bird cooch posted:

Warren is also old.

it's unfortunate the younger choices are worse.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

Agreed. My ranking is:

-Warren
-Gillibrand/Klobuchar
-Bernie
-Harris
-Other mystery progressive Dem
-Booker
-Biden I guess I dunno at this point it's pretty dire

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

BarbarianElephant posted:

They might win, but there's a limit to how much energy methuselahs will have in office, as well as the distinct likelihood of age-related illnesses causing a retirement. I've noticed that Hillary Clinton seems to be having a lot of falls. She might not be on the verge of dying from senile syphilis like the Republicans claimed in the election, but she doesn't seem to be in 100% good health, either.

The fact that Democrats don't have many non-lich candidates who people love is kinda a problem.

at this point in 2006 non-nerds were only dimly aware Barack Obama existed

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Anyone who wants to run for 2020 is busy keeping their heads down as much as possible. The right wing media and conservative mega donors are in desperate search for a new boogie(wo)man and indicating now that you are definitely running just gives them a chance to lay the groundwork of general mistrust they will exploit during the election smear campaign.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

also warren and biden aren't 2016 failures, what are you smoking

warren's probably not my first choice (I think that's still Duckworth even if Buttigieg runs, but heck, I don't know much about some of the other names being bandied about) and biden's very far from my first, but you're making a very weird conflation here

Warren will be 70 in 2020. That's a bit high, but Bernie's 76 today, Trump's 71 today. I can imagine supporting her. I'd rather see her stay in Congress or the Cabinet though.

They are 100% tainted by being a part of that fiasco, and we do not need to be loving relitigating and rehashing 2016. We already ran an old out of touch white lady once and it crashed and burned, and the solution is not a better on the issues old out of touch white lady.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

We already ran an old out of touch white lady once and it crashed and burned, and the solution is not a better on the issues old out of touch white lady.

hahahah holy poo poo.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's me, I'm the guy who thought Buttigieg 2020 was anything but a quirky in-joke.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

at this point in 2006 non-nerds were only dimly aware Barack Obama existed

Well, we are complete politics nerds in this thread and all we can come up with is Duckworth - hope she can gather support like Obama did.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Koalas March posted:

ayo just for the record, much like fuckboy, on fleek, etc woke was black slang for years until yt culture vultures ran into the ground.

not really related but stuck in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7eSUU9oy8

Didn't know that. I'm still not sure I know what on fleek means, but that's okay because I don't have any plans to appropriate it.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*looks at Kamala Harris and Tammy Duckworth*

"But have you considered this 70 year old white person?"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Bright side my man. No bug spirits either.

im like 80 percent sure Henry Kissinger is a shedim

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

maybe im missing something but how can he veto a veto-proof supermajority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

axeil posted:

Agreed. My ranking is:

-Warren
-Gillibrand/Klobuchar
-Bernie
-Harris
-Other mystery progressive Dem
-Booker
-Biden I guess I dunno at this point it's pretty dire

See, I've been saying there are possible good candidates we're not terribly aware of, I managed to forget Klobuchar and you forgot Duckworth, shame on you. :v:

She's pretty good. Elements of the farther left might complain about her having been a prosecutor (see: Harris, Kamala) but on a quick reminder-skim I'm not seeing anything I particularly dislike.

• Locked thread