Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Kaasen posted:

In what universe is it "fine" that a $60 price tag doesn't get you a complete story? (I'm mad at SE, by the way, not you.)

If the game withholds some characters only to entice you to buy DLC that's even worse than my "older women don't have the same sex appeal" theory.

It's not actually fine, it's real dumb. It's bad in other games, but it's really bad here. Windows port players get the expansions for free, for what little that's worth.

ps your Comrades character is a Glaive so you better go watch Kingsglaive to understand your own backstory!! I only slightly paraphrase the first minutes of Comrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Its funny how each week I go "Holy poo poo I guess this is the point where they really ran out of cash, I'm shocked how bad this is." only to do the exact same thing the very next episode.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

When you went to see what Gladio looked like post-time skip I briefly misread Clownsguard uniform as Crownsguard uniform.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
FFXV is the Juicero of RPGs

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

darealkooky posted:

Seeing as how the boys are pretty much the exact same but with worse hair and some dirt on them I doubt this would've been to much work

No but see, modeling and animating ladies is really hard and a lot of extra work. I have sources for this. :downs:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

aegof posted:

The time skip is fine, you can see what happened if you play the Comrades multiplayer expansion.

In the expansion, Iris sells you clothes and make up, and cooks you food.

I thought this was a joke.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Cory in the Blouse posted:

FFXV is the Juicero of RPGs

The Juicero makes juice though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

PhazonLink posted:

The Juicero makes juice though.

The Juicero doesn't make juice, it just gives you juice you buy separately. Like an expensive convoluted straw.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Okay it gives you a drink/liquid for some sort of caloric/nutritional input.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Noctis: and I swear *dramatic pause* I'll make things right.

...well, can't fix your grandpa or make you feel less bad about that whole deal, he already died offscreen, ten years ago. Can't get revenge on the empire either because, y'know, same. But I sure will kill the poo poo out of some random unrelated demons, which, I guess are actually people.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do you think people are still having babies even though they know everyone is getting turned into demons?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Cliche as it is I really prefer games where you actually save the world instead of letting it end and then just killing the guy who's responsible, solving nothing. It's not even upping the stakes since you've already lost at that point, all you can do is make sure everyone loses instead of just the "good "guys.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Hel posted:

Cliche as it is I really prefer games where you actually save the world instead of letting it end and then just killing the guy who's responsible, solving nothing. It's not even upping the stakes since you've already lost at that point, all you can do is make sure everyone loses instead of just the "good "guys.

Especially as it kind of made everything about the first act (more) pointless.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Um, I think I remember something about saying about if Arden is defeated the crystal could bring the sun back. So, its not pointless to go after that if that's right. In fact, that would be the only way to save the world at this point.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Like everything else in this game, if you had any reason to give a poo poo about this world, "I was in geode jail for ten years and everything's gone to poo poo" would be a pretty neat thing.

Like everything else in this game, eh. Whatever.

Also, I can't believe prompto turned into richard hammond with a gun.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

grandalt posted:

Um, I think I remember something about saying about if Arden is defeated the crystal could bring the sun back. So, its not pointless to go after that if that's right. In fact, that would be the only way to save the world at this point.

I think its mostly just stated that "you need to use all that you learned(?) and the strength (?) you've gained from hovering in the void to power up the crystal." The only reason Ardyn factors into it is because he's got the crystal and being a demon for generations means he doesn't need to poo poo anymore so you can't sneak by him and restore the light of the world while he's on the can.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That would make Ignis May, Muscles can be the Stig. Noctis is too loving passive to be Clarkson though.

Maybe Arduino is Clarkson and Noctis is the emotionally repressed audience surrogate, or that producer he punched.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So maybe I just wasn't paying attention but did we get any sense of what Noctis actually learned or improved in the 10 years he was floating in the crystal? Like is he smarter now somehow, or stronger? Because when he got attacked by demons after landing at the resort place he was just kinda swinging around his dinky sword like he was before. What exactly has he gained that will help him fulfill his destiny?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Beard, dirty noodle hat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sydin posted:

So maybe I just wasn't paying attention but did we get any sense of what Noctis actually learned or improved in the 10 years he was floating in the crystal? Like is he smarter now somehow, or stronger? Because when he got attacked by demons after landing at the resort place he was just kinda swinging around his dinky sword like he was before. What exactly has he gained that will help him fulfill his destiny?

Well he has the insta kill ring. But the part that taught the players how to use it was skipped by the game.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Sydin posted:

Noctis's magic plot ring sucked up all the light the Crystal had. This, along with the weapons of his ancestors, will allow him to finally kill Ardyn for real. As a weapon in gameplay, the ring is unchanged.

Noctis himself got nothing but some grime and the crappy beard.

e: oh I guess he's got Bahamut batting for him like the other four, that's a thing he didn't have before

aegof fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 28, 2018

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So really, other than Talcott, this could have been ten days later and it wouldn't have really made a difference. Definitely feels like a dramatic conclusion to an epic story, doesn't it. I'd like to see someone try and figure out where the actual middle of this plot was, cause it felt like act 1 ended (Luna dying) and then we immediately got prepped for the finale.

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?
Yeah I agree, Noctis could've popped out of the crystal a week later, found out the sun became completely blocked out in his absence, and that would've been sufficiently dramatic for the finale.

Also, this portion of the game doesn't even feel very post-apocalyptic in comparison to the original World of Ruin that the title of the chapter references, where poo poo was so hosed your player character attempts suicide. Right now in FFXV it just feels like someone turned out the lights and added some monsters and facial hair.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I think the World of Ruin was meant to be a playable section where you get to explore the world, but now you just ride to Hammerhead and go off to the final "dungeon"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Demicol posted:

I think the World of Ruin was meant to be a playable section where you get to explore the world, but now you just ride to Hammerhead and go off to the final "dungeon"

I mean the whole train sequence was also a very obvious linear stringing together of locations you were supposed to have been able to explore as part of a larger open world map. I assume there was originally two continents, Venice was the "main" city of the second continent in the same way power plant city was for the first, and you could probably boat the car back and forth as desired. But Venice was also about the point where it was very clear the dev team ran out of time, money, interest, or more than likely all three.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I remember when the nuttiest thing about this game was having the option to use a turret if you wanted to.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Two things: I almost jumped in joy when the game said that you'd be teleported instantly to the final battle as soon as you left Hammerhead, because at last this lovely game is almost over.

Second thing: I've heard assuage (rear end-wage) out in the wild. I guess the game is somewhat vindicated in that regard.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Assuage is a perfectly cromulent word, it just didn't fit anywhere in the bland dialogue this game tends to piddle out. :colbert:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I kind of get the assuage thing, they were trying to establish a dialect, they wanted to do it without just putting on some dumb accents... Maybe, given more characters with meaningful dialogue, they could have succeeded.

midexlain
Apr 1, 2014
I hope Kuvo/Ryan / topikal/Benson/Kevin post a new update soon. Need my TippingThirties fix. Maybe they will post the last video today because it's easter and Noctis will be resurrected into our hearts as a rememerable character that we will never forget.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
sure fine heres a dumb video

:frogsiren: Ep 59 - Prison. Break. :frogsiren:

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Kuvo posted:

Ehrm...

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
:catstare:

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Kuvo posted:

I have yet to play XC2. But uh, okay.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Rumsfeld: the gift that keeps on giving.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Fuckin' SquareEnix and their chibi phone ports. :argh:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Man I was really looking forward to seeing Rumsfeld get a mech in like 2050.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I've put 200 hours into FFXV, and have not found the "mehmehmehmehmehmeh" button for my beautiful orb son.

e: oh yeah, and very sad that they patched out the NLA night music "Think you can take me? don't forget me" out of this.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 1, 2018

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
With all the Easter stuff and family I've been dealing with I completely forgot what day it is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
bespinningcutterhave

• Locked thread