Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

cheetah7071 posted:

Unless I'm missing something massive, your altered egos will never outpace their Elesh Norns. You briefly, before state based actions are checked, have n+1 Elesh Norns where n is the number of Altered Egos you've played. Then the n+1st dies, the next triggered ability resolves, and you have n+1 very briefly. At best, you are gaining one Altered Ego a turn. They will always gain one Norn per turn. It's a tied race where you occasionally have to take time off to draw cards. There's no slight modification that can make it function. You have to actually make it so the number of Norns you have (even temporarily) increases by more than one per turn.

Has anybody suggested Kagemaro, First to Suffer yet?

Get a giant hand and play that, sac it and wipe their board.

e VVVV Right, forgot the Eidolon

RembrandtQEinstein fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Has anybody suggested Kagemaro, First to Suffer yet?

Get a giant hand and play that, sac it and wipe their board.

it's countered when you try to play it, if you can get an arbitrary creature on the board you can win in any number of ways but you need one that can't be countered

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

If you can untap a non-basic land, you could cast Apocalypse and solve it trivially. I'm not seeing a way to break through the hard lock.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

redneck nazgul posted:

If you can untap a non-basic land, you could cast Apocalypse and solve it trivially. I'm not seeing a way to break through the hard lock.

It's Altered Ego's with Forecasting SkyScribing for several turns

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

suicidesteve posted:

I've got something even better.

Edit:
I give up.

Ok I think I got it again.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The next eldrazi set has a pretty decent chance of breaking the lock. Anything with a cast trigger that can untap a land would do it and twiddle on a flash eldrazi is a card that designs itself

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 28, 2018

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Since Elesh Norn is white I could use Sky Hussar to draw Emrakul every turn once I have two Egos and take infinite turns. With 4 Egos I have whatever I want in my hand.

This helps less than it sounds since Emmy takes up my one spell a turn and I'm finding a lack of non-spell-based ways to break that.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

can't we just talk about how everything about Arena but the client itself is garbage instead?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So for people who read the story: that vampire guy who shows up at the end has to be some descendant of Crovax, right?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Retromancer posted:

So for people who read the story: that vampire guy who shows up at the end has to be some descendant of Crovax, right?

He’s a sengir vampire I think he was spoiled in the big leak.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Retromancer posted:

His card is named "Arvad the Cursed," so it's clearly a connection.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

A Moose posted:

can't we just talk about how everything about Arena but the client itself is garbage instead?

Without someone reminding me of some stupid piece of poo poo alliances card that can do something without getting stuck on Eyaro Essance/Eidolon of Rhetoric, I'm stumped, so go ahead.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Retromancer posted:

Aryel, Knight of Windgrace has a more likely connection to Crovax of Windgrace.

Besides, Crovax's entire thing was not getting laid.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
:siren:Head Up!:siren:

Card Kingdom just posted their first round of Dom single pre orders and currently have Cast Down listed for $1. A bunch of places have it listed closer to $5 on tcgplayer so hop on the CK preorder if you were interested in that card.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mezzanon posted:

He’s a sengir vampire I think he was spoiled in the big leak.

There's two legendary vampires spoiled, he's the non-sengir one, Arvad the Cursed.

https://scryfall.com/card/dom/XATC

that boy

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

the whole weatherlight saga is basically eugenics as I remember it so he's probably related to crovax somehow

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Tainen posted:

:siren:Head Up!:siren:

Card Kingdom just posted their first round of Dom single pre orders and currently have Cast Down listed for $1. A bunch of places have it listed closer to $5 on tcgplayer so hop on the CK preorder if you were interested in that card.

CFB also has it for $1.49

just ordered a playset :toot:

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Can anyone figure out how to break the lock if it's missing Sigarda, Host of Herons or Ivory Mask? If it's missing both, Bearer of Silence works, but I don't see why they are both necessary.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Elyv posted:

the whole weatherlight saga is basically eugenics as I remember it so he's probably related to crovax somehow

I think it’s just Gerrard and Sisay who are the products of Urza’s master race project.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Is Cast Down really going to be a $5 card? Dang.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Can anyone figure out how to break the lock if it's missing Sigarda, Host of Herons or Ivory Mask? If it's missing both, Bearer of Silence works, but I don't see why they are both necessary.

If you break any one piece, you can rip the whole loving thing to shreds in any number of ways, I've noticed. It's only every piece interlocked that makes it difficult.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If you break any one piece, you can rip the whole loving thing to shreds in any number of ways, I've noticed. It's only every piece interlocked that makes it difficult.

Yeah but I can't think of any way you can force them to sacrifice permanents if you can't target them, or things you can do targeting them if you can't make them sacrifice permanents.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Someone make an EDH deck that cheats it all out, bring it to a casual table, and reap the tears.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
holy poo poo the last 5 pages of this thread

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Kurtofan posted:

There's two legendary vampires spoiled, he's the non-sengir one, Arvad the Cursed.

https://scryfall.com/card/dom/XATC

that boy

You are: correct
I am: wrong

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Guys I found my next Legacy deck-
https://youtu.be/JYa6rFgst0k

E: for those with sensitive ears-
22 Forest
1 Worldspine Wurm
1 Hurricane
2 Fyndhorn Elves
2 Priest of Titania
4 Llanowar Elves
2 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
2 Leatherback Baloth
4 Prowling Serpopard
2 Rhonas the Indomitable
1 Bane of Progress
1 Cloudthresher
4 Carnage Tyrant
4 Terra Stomper
2 Fog
2 Giant Growth
2 Naturalize
2 Natural Order
//sideboard
2 Eladamri, Lord of Leaves
2 Gaea's Herald
2 Vexing Shusher
2 Beast within
2 Oversoul of Dusk
2 Overrun
1 Tsunami

Just realized that it only has a 13-card sideboard :lol: Also it can technically run DRS so it's Tier 1 right?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 28, 2018

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

In fact I've posted how to do that for every piece except for Sigarda or Ivory Mask. Those two currently seem redundant, only one of them is needed.

Edit:

C-Euro posted:

I hope some team plays Mono Green Stompy in all three formats in one of the upcoming events.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

C-Euro posted:

This video is the sort of thing they use to torture prisoners at About Ghraib.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Matsuri posted:

Is Cast Down really going to be a $5 card? Dang.

No. For an uncommon standard card to be 5+ it has to see quite a bit of play outside of Standard. Hell, Standard rares aren't $5 unless they're staples or also played in Modern. The only two cards that are uncommon in Standard right now and anywhere near $5 are Field of Ruin and Fatal Push. The number of rares that are in Standard and $5 is already pretty low. It's like Anointed Procession, Heroic Intervention, Walking Ballista, Vraska's Confession, Search for Azcanta and a bunch of lands.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 28, 2018

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Here are the characters introduced in todays stories

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/979100831957110785?s=19

Tiana looks badass

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I think for 1.50 or so its a fine price to pre-order it. It will see play outside of standard but not anywhere close to fatal push levels. Look at terminate numbers per deck but just more decks.

Don't order it somewhere where they are going to change you nearly the same amount for the playset in shipping though. Wait for tcgplayer pre-orders to start.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Here are the characters introduced in todays stories

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/979100831957110785?s=19

Tiana looks badass

The ship's mechanic being a bored Serra Angel is the weirdest best thing ever and I wouldn't have even known she was an Angel without reading the story since the wings kind of take up the whole background.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I didn't even catch that she was an angel until you mentioned it.

BG legendary Serra Angel?!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Angry Grimace posted:

The ship's mechanic being a bored Serra Angel is the weirdest best thing ever and I wouldn't have even known she was an Angel without reading the story since the wings kind of take up the whole background.

Its probably more obvious on the actual card than those info blurbs

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Tiana is the perfect mix of cute and cool. Does she get a card?

Angry Grimace posted:

No. For an uncommon standard card to be 5+ it has to see quite a bit of play outside of Standard. Hell, Standard rares aren't $5 unless they're staples or also played in Modern. The only two cards that are uncommon in Standard right now and anywhere near $5 are Field of Ruin and Fatal Push. The number of rares that are in Standard and $5 is already pretty low. It's like Anointed Procession, Heroic Intervention, Walking Ballista, Vraska's Confession, Search for Azcanta and a bunch of lands.

Fair enough. I won't bother preordering, it's likely I may get some when my friend and I crack a box anyway.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Matsuri posted:

Fair enough. I won't bother preordering, it's likely I may get some when my friend and I crack a box anyway.

She does.

Also, there's an officially licensed moe-girls webcomic omake thing:

https://twitter.com/Mochaqt_/status/979020522888552449

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 28, 2018

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Matsuri posted:

Here is her card and it is an uncommon

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Angry Grimace posted:

She does.

Also, there's an officially licensed moe-girls webcomic omake thing:

https://twitter.com/Mochaqt_/status/979020522888552449

:eyepop: Finally! I hope we get a 4koma soon too.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

"What if the mechanic from Firefly were a Serra Angel?"

Man they basically laser-targeted a character to be an MTG nerd waifu. Well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Having them be uncommon is cool and good because you will see them running around in Draft a lot more.

I like it better than having them be pushed for constructed, really.