Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Anyone else getting hitching every so often? It didn't do it when I first ran the game, but now every time I play I get random 1 second freezes. They happen far enough apart that it isn't overly grating, but I'd prefer to go back to the smooth gameplay I had the first time I launched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Earwicker posted:

the gameplay is mostly very good with a few minor annoyances
What's the stealth and AI like? The open world stuff looks like fun and I don't really care about plot or AI being dumb, but if the NPC's are as blind as previews/reviews made them look then that kinda puts me off.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

nexus6 posted:

Same, I just did the Faith mission and immediately got captured again. I suppose John's monologue is supposed to be intimidating and menacing but I was just bored and wanted to get back to the game. It's one thing to have story missions but it's another to have them forced on you like this.

the first time it was cool because I wasnt entirely sure if it was supposed to happen. like I thought it might be a really prolonged/more elaborate version of the Arkham games death thing where the villains taunt you and you get a little cut scene. so that first time it was like man, am I going to have to watch my dude get brainwashed or executed or whatever? like some quake 4 poo poo.

but then your buddies save you and then the next time the capture team came I tried to evade and then fight them again and figured out its basically meant to be impossible and got launched into another Oh No Youre Captured scene and it was like ok, now I know this isnt a death scenario which means this has to end with me escaping somehow again so shut up and lets just get on with it already

what a weird decision to make for story structure

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

toiletbrush posted:

What's the stealth and AI like? The open world stuff looks like fun and I don't really care about plot or AI being dumb, but if the NPC's are as blind as previews/reviews made them look then that kinda puts me off.

if you played FC3 or 4 the AI is pretty much the same. tiny narrow cones of vision, duck walk around and knock everybody out as long as you dont walk directly into their line of sight

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh is there an easier way to find small animals when hunting? The dense plants makes it really hard to see them. It's not a big deal for animals that attack you(like Skunks) but the ones that run away are a pain.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nexus6 posted:

Same, I just did the Faith mission and immediately got captured again. I suppose John's monologue is supposed to be intimidating and menacing but I was just bored and wanted to get back to the game. It's one thing to have story missions but it's another to have them forced on you like this.

they do it too often. i believe they are trying to listen to feedback where the issues was "the villian shows up like 2 times and thats it" so they went the opposite extreme. i like the Seeds, they arn't pagan min but they are sorta interesting enough, they just loose their menace when they capture you like 5 times each and then nothing. at least when vaas captured you he was legit flumuxoed and pissed because you kept surviving.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

RatHat posted:

Ugh is there an easier way to find small animals when hunting? The dense plants makes it really hard to see them. It's not a big deal for animals that attack you(like Skunks) but the ones that run away are a pain.

The dog highlights nearby enemies and animals.

I want to say, after killing the Seed guy in the southwest region, it felt really good to just put a pistol magazine of bullets into his head and then drop a molotov on his corpse. gently caress that guy, and his bullshit cutscene powers.

Edit: Actually, the way the game keeps having you captured really makes me feel like I'm super incompetent and I just bumble through everything on accident. Like Mr. Magoo or whatever.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm really not sure how you guys are stumbling into main story missions, I haven't done that once yet. :confused:

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Deakul posted:

I'm really not sure how you guys are stumbling into main story missions, I haven't done that once yet. :confused:

build resistance in areas and story missions will happen to you

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they do it too often. i believe they are trying to listen to feedback where the issues was "the villian shows up like 2 times and thats it" so they went the opposite extreme. i like the Seeds, they arn't pagan min but they are sorta interesting enough, they just loose their menace when they capture you like 5 times each and then nothing. at least when vaas captured you he was legit flumuxoed and pissed because you kept surviving.

it's only really egregrious when it happens to me and i'm like 5 feet away from some really cool mission or something that it took me a while to get to

i don't mind so much because it's like "oh, awesome, i needed a break to pack a bowl and get more coffee" but god drat how do you gently caress up writing a bunch of weirdo hipster cultists. Faith even has the loving generic i'm a sad girl who was a junkie angle which is like.... really game, really.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
So, I bounce home for a few minutes at lunchtime.

No email from GMG.

Check online, ticket still sitting there, no updates.

Just for the hell of it, load Uplay and note that now my day-one sniper rifle DLC is listed.

Load up the game, go to a store, and ta-daa, derpy orange snakeskin 1911/clothes/van are now present!

And immediately quit to desktop, to go back to work, and can't go home and play for another 2.5 hours or so. :eng99:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mandrel posted:

build resistance in areas and story missions will happen to you

Oh sure, the kidnappings, I meant like accidentally triggering other missions.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
No Faith, I totally don't give a gently caress about your drugy psychobbable bullshit, I've got Ni No Kuni 2 running on the TV until you shut your mouth and we can get on with this crap.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Klisejo posted:

No Faith, I totally don't give a gently caress about your drugy psychobbable bullshit, I've got Ni No Kuni 2 running on the TV until you shut your mouth and we can get on with this crap.

Switch is marvelous for this sort of thing.

Got to wait until friends finish PUBG or Fortnite round? Grab Switch and wait in the lobby.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What ever I said earlier about the game being decently optimized. Scratch that.
As soon as I go anywhere busy or, god forbid, try to drive the framerate starts to constantly hitch, often having drops to 40.
Dropping graphics settings to lowest doesn't help that at all, which is a sure sign that I'm CPU bound and that an i5-4670K is just not enough for a stable framerate.

Also the benchmark they provide is trash because the benchmark is giving me stable 60 at mid/high settings.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

precision posted:

it's only really egregrious when it happens to me and i'm like 5 feet away from some really cool mission or something that it took me a while to get to

i don't mind so much because it's like "oh, awesome, i needed a break to pack a bowl and get more coffee" but god drat how do you gently caress up writing a bunch of weirdo hipster cultists. Faith even has the loving generic i'm a sad girl who was a junkie angle which is like.... really game, really.

I think i was ruined by watching the rajneesh documentary on netflix and sheela is waaaay more of a far cry character than the seeds.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ugh I've got a super annoying glitch where the quest giver keeps running away even after the fight is long over and I can't get him to accept whatever I got for him. The mission was so lovely too, I don't want to redo it :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Panzeh posted:

I think i was ruined by watching the rajneesh documentary on netflix and sheela is waaaay more of a far cry character than the seeds.

Same, the timing of that documentary coming out right before this was really unfortunate.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Whoever decided that sprinting could not be toggled on a map this big is a bigger villain than the Seeds. I would like to slap them with my throbbing arthritic hands.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Whoever decided that sprinting could not be toggled on a map this big is a bigger villain than the Seeds. I would like to slap them with my throbbing arthritic hands.

Homeopathics are your friend.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Coldforge posted:

Homeopathics are your friend.

Tried it all. :( Started getting hand pain at 19, now 37 and nothing works.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Sprinting can be toggled, just tap it quick enough

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mandrel posted:

if you played FC3 or 4 the AI is pretty much the same. tiny narrow cones of vision, duck walk around and knock everybody out as long as you dont walk directly into their line of sight

One big thing is that vision is now tied to the eyes rather than the body, so if a dude is facing you but looking away then he won't see you.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

:golfclap:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Xbox one elite controller paddle for sprinting is a game changer

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://i.imgur.com/Tc4LfLq.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/XZwzgRv.gifv

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

No penetration = no GOTY

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Just tap your sprint button to toggle. I rebound crouch to ctrl and was having issues sliding until I discovered this earlier today.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

In game homeopathics, not irl :laugh:

Try making and using the fast when you want to get somewhere.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Hav posted:

I am shovel cop.

"Those people should have been more accommodating"

SPANG!

"Did you hea---"

SPANG!

"Where is ever--"

SPANG!

Honestly this is my favorite part of the game. I love that noise.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any particularly good perks I should pick up early? I already got the one that makes crouched walking faster. How useful is the lockpicking perk?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Can you eventually get 3/4 followers? Boomer's passive marking ability is too useful for me to ever leave him behind, so I'm stuck having to only choose one of: Assassin McBowlady, Cat, Dude With a loving Flamethrower, Invincible Sniper Who Can Literally Kill Anything.

and i haven't even recruited like half the roster yet :(

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

RatHat posted:

Any particularly good perks I should pick up early? I already got the one that makes crouched walking faster. How useful is the lockpicking perk?

The repair torch can basically do everything that the pick can, it's just loud.

Other than that the extra holsters are a big one. A second buddy is a big one once you can get it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you're on PS4 and hate "click the stick you're moving with to sprint" as much as I do, save yourself a billion headaches and make a Custom Button Config that just swaps L3 and R3. It also makes running up to someone and doing a Takedown easier and more natural.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

RatHat posted:

Check your utility menu for a consumable called ULTIMATE HUNTER, it'll highlight every single animal around you.

Works at outposts, too. :unsmigghh:

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Question for PC. How do I kick? I had an hour to play before going to work this morning and I wanted to kick a wall down rather than punching it and I couldn't work out how to do the Duke Nukem kick.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

can you skip all the cutscenes where people creepily hover two inches from your face and slowly talk at you for ten minutes

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Does this game get hard.

Why doesn't Boomer jump in the back of my pickup or in my plane with a headset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Whoever said you should save up perk points to unlock the perk that gives you the chain kills + sidearm kills + melee throw - you were dead on. That's a game changer, especially against VIP's.