Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/978651059894870017?s=20

https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/978660149488361472?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I still love that he uses teen google for his email server.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I really want that Hands-Free, No Weiner Touch, No Scope, 360 Pee Shot t-shirt from episode 212.

RIP Big Daryl

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

it came from the fanart thread

https://twitter.com/majimagoro_/status/975094240760930304

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

SpacePig posted:

I still love that he uses teen google for his email server.

He can't give *everything* Teen Google to the Smirl Bufferers, damnit

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oooooh that's nice

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Ugh what is the deal with Travis? There are two Travis's I think. Regular Travis and Flophouse Travis. This week's mbmbam was definitely Flophouse Travis.

I like regular Travis. But sometimes he just flips a switch and becomes Flophouse Travis who talks over everyone and tries to run everything.

this weeks episode was pretty lovely. Griffin was talking over the others and being extra surly for no reason on a lot of runs. I think I enjoy him more on the live shows these days because he’s overall more positive and fun when he has an audience in front of him

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Mar 28, 2018

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It was reassuring laughing out loud at the newest episode though, it's been years since I've really really been into the McElroys. Or even listened to MBMBAM. I'm not a D&D guy so that poo poo doesn't grip me in the slightest and after a while even MBMBAM was something I dropped out of, even though during the Bramblepelt and ABBA days they were basically my favorite podcast and I listened to their eps on repeat.
On the other hand I was on drugs but hey the Die Hard riffing had me straight cracking up.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The Stink Meter/Die Hard Horny Meter bit was all-time. I also liked when Travis described his Office dream for the same reason I enjoy it whenever Justin goes ahead on a bad bit and the other two dunk on him for it. However, they are on a serious losing streak with the intros.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The intro two weeks ago was good

Pronounced
Aug 18, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The intro two weeks ago was good

:agreed:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ariong posted:

The Stink Meter/Die Hard Horny Meter bit was all-time. I also liked when Travis described his Office dream for the same reason I enjoy it whenever Justin goes ahead on a bad bit and the other two dunk on him for it. However, they are on a serious losing streak with the intros.

We haven't had a good Watch in awhile. Not enough big-ticket kids movies coming out.

Also, the funniest part of Travis' dream thing was Griffin shutting him down before he even started. Justin is different because they egg him on to continue to make the bad joke he wants to bail from. Travis commits to making a bad bit and it's funny when they try to stop him.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Bard Maddox posted:

this weeks episode was pretty lovely. Griffin was talking over the others and being extra surly for no reason on a lot of runs. I think I enjoy him more on the live shows these days because he’s overall more positive and fun when he has an audience in front of him

It was great actually, sorry you didn't get to hear an incredibly dull dream

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Improbable Lobster posted:

It was great actually, sorry you didn't get to hear an incredibly dull dream

Griffin shutting down Travis’ Bad Dreamtime Journal was good, Griffin trying to “well actually” Justin about Gushers coming in boxes and Justin explaining how wrong Griffin about it was terrible to listen to

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think I'm the one guy at work who cares if your breaking the rules

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

In the middle of the crystal chapter of taz and I am very very much enjoying this hilarious shitfest. Makes my commute less lonely and grueling.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I'm relistening to Eleventh Hour and holy poo poo I forgot how good the show was back then.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Now that I’m reading this page I’m scared it will turn terrible at the end.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

As long as you don't expect jokes or dungeons and dragons in your comedy D&D podcast you'll be fine.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tears In A Vial posted:

As long as you don't expect jokes or dungeons and dragons in your comedy D&D podcast you'll be fine.

:jerkbag:

You might want to avoid this thread if you care about spoilers though. I mean, we're like half a year out form the end of Balance at this point.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Complaints are overblown imo, TAZ stays good, just gets less funny

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Pollyanna posted:

worry not, Balance is magnificent all the way through to the end.

The mini-arcs they're doing after Balance ended don't hold a candle to the D&D podcast TAZ used to be.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Complaints are overblown imo, TAZ stays good, just gets less funny

This is correct

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Pollyanna posted:

The McElroy Thread: Now that I’m reading this page I’m scared it will turn terrible at the end

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

The McElroy Thread: Now that I’m reading this page I’m scared it will turn terrible at the end

:emptyquote:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

No, you're just being misled by the fact that this is the 'criticize and demonize everything the McElroys do' thread. Maybe one day we'll also start a thread for people who actually like them. :v:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Eh there are only a few people (one in particular) who regularly poo poo on the McElroys. Most people are pretty positive and measured in their criticisms.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Pollyanna posted:

Don't worry. One of the most common complaints about TAZ Balance as it was happening was pacing, which is an issue that's mitigated enormously if you're listening to it now that its completed. Not having to wait two weeks for the next episode means you're not going to be anywhere near as bothered if the boys spend a full episode fighting a bear and solving one puzzle or whatever.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Colonel Whitey posted:

Eh there are only a few people (one in particular) who regularly poo poo on the McElroys. Most people are pretty positive and measured in their criticisms.

The fanbase, on the other hand...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BobTheJanitor posted:

No, you're just being misled by the fact that this is the 'criticize and demonize everything the McElroys do' thread. Maybe one day we'll also start a thread for people who actually like them. :v:

I think it's loving bullshit how often the McElroys make me laugh.

The fuckers.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

this weeks mbmbam was very good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Tears In A Vial posted:

this weeks mbmbam was very good.

:yeah:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Did they do a Thor Watch for Ragnarok?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't worry, it's almost time for EVERYTHING WATCH

All the heroes are on display!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah it was pretty good except the cold open

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
IMO Balance stays good all throughout but it does slowly get more melodramatic over time, especially towards the end. It's still worth listening all the way through even if you're not into melodrama, I'm a big baby so I appreciated the partial change in tone towards the end.

I was actually considering giving the whole thing another listen but I have to get through the MBMBaM backlog first because I'm dumb :negative:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I loved it but it gets a bit old when the players have basically no agency and it becomes "Griffin's story time" for twenty minutes on end.

Still great fun but yeah, the older ones had a much better balance (lol) between everything. Travis has done a great job walking that tightrope.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

iajanus posted:

I loved it but it gets a bit old when the players have basically no agency and it becomes "Griffin's story time" for twenty minutes on end.

It happened so gradually that I didn't even notice it, but listening to Amnesty, it's suddenly it's so hard to see anything else :/. Hopefully he gets that feedback from people he listens to.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I started listening to "Friends at the Table" since Griffin constantly says it's his favourite podcast, and goddamn the DM says "do you know what I mean?" so much it's driving me insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I started listening to "Friends at the Table" since Griffin constantly says it's his favourite podcast, and goddamn the DM says "do you know what I mean?" so much it's driving me insane.

the dark secret of podcasting is everyone has a tic and if you realize it you will lose your loving mind