Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

Extremely poor choice of name cause yea it's a fuckin slave ship, prolly where this woman got her top

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of either store. I mostly do my clothes shopping at Men's Express or Men's Warehouse.

I'm not up for a rolex but I get fossil watches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Salty Josh posted:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of either store. I mostly do my clothes shopping at Men's Express or Men's Warehouse.

I'm not up for a rolex but I get fossil watches.

You need to up your watch game with YAZOLE and WINNER.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Winner's look bad rear end. Not so much on the Yazole though.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lord ha'mercy. I need some new shoes or boots for work, though "OK I have not bought shoes from Aliexpess before lets take a look at 'Mens Dress Shoes' etc..." and now I've fallen down a comedy hole of bad footwear choices

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vin...2858151669.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/kqa...2854387988.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2693059024.html

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

sweet cartel shoes

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
I assume if you're actually in the cartel, you're encouraged to buy your skull shoes local

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
pacific rim guy shoes

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Junji Eat More posted:

I assume if you're actually in the cartel, you're encouraged to buy your skull shoes local

I kinda look like those killer beaners.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Someone on twitter please notify @fart about those shoes asap

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Pick posted:

pacific rim guy shoes

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Anyone gotten any art or sewing supplies they've been particularly happy with from ali?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

The Bloop posted:

:catstare:

Where is "down here" that your primary shopping experience is a second-hand store and a slave ship?

where are you from where the amistad isnt a symbol of victory over slavery

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

subpar anachronism posted:

Anyone gotten any art or sewing supplies they've been particularly happy with from ali?

I've picked up bobbins for my vintage Singer machine and have been pretty happy with them.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Lord ha'mercy. I need some new shoes or boots for work, though "OK I have not bought shoes from Aliexpess before lets take a look at 'Mens Dress Shoes' etc..." and now I've fallen down a comedy hole of bad footwear choices

You misspelled :krad:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Former DILF posted:

where are you from where the amistad isnt a symbol of victory over slavery

Boring story: I was in Newport when they filmed the movie. They only had to facade some of the buildings, filled the street with dirt. I recognize a number of the extras, could have been one but didn't want to - now wish I had kind of.

Spielberg came into the gaming store where I hung out sometimes (because I'm a nerd) bought a Warhammer dragon because it looked cool and paid the store owner $$$ to assemble and paint it for him.

Anyway, it's just a surprising choice of name I guess.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

There are YouTube reviews of art supplies (markers, pens, etc.) from aliexpress and wish. I saw this one a few weeks ago:

https://youtu.be/lt-HGxXJYb4

Perhaps you'll find other recommendations based on this one!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

AliExpress is my go-to for art and craft supplies when I'm not in a hurry to get them and I don't think I've ever gotten anything that wasn't as described. Semi-recent purchases include a set of micron pens, a hand drill, mini vice and a set of jeweller's files, tons of washi tape (great for decorating envelopes and birthday / Christmas cards), silver and gold leaf, cabochons, pigment powder. It's perfect for buying things you want to experiment with without wasting a bunch of money.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I have ordered a silly amount of small packages from China now and Customs apparently took an interest in this one:

If they're mad that the seller described my fishing lure at "beads," they didn't mention it to me. Also they didn't tape the package closed. That branded tape appears to be decorative.

This one made me giggle:

There were about eight items in that envelope, none of them being cream or even creamy. Why cream?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Packages are often just left by the postman hanging out on the floor of the mailbox area of my apartment lobby.

I know they have to put something on the customs label, but don't they know any euphemisms? It's got my full name and unit number on it, do they really have to specify "panties"?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you order s&m stuff do you think they'd put "fetish mask" on the label?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Contents: anal speculum. Value: $0.47. Gift.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Contents: anal speculum. Value: $0.47. Gift.

Mods. New title. Moooods

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I know people say not to get stuff that goes on your skin from aliexpress. I assumed the problem was just excess lead or cadmium. But apparently they have poo poo that can turn you into an alien hybrid.

"natural"

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If it's actual sex stuff (or presumably BDSM stuff), it'll say somewhere in the description that they'll list it as something else to be discreet. Panties I guess are not over that line of risquéness?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

finally I can be my own anime waifu

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I got an air bulb for cleaning out my keys and it arrived as “enema tool” so sometimes they do it to you just for fun

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is your kid texting about "cleaning out their keys" ?

Story tonight at 10

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vin...2858151669.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/kqa...2854387988.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2693059024.html

I was looking through the custom men's suits the other day and almost every one looks like something out of Rainbow Six Wildlands.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

super macho dude posted:

I was looking through the custom men's suits the other day and almost every one looks like something out of Rainbow Six Wildlands.

*crrk* Got a sicario over here, next to the bad shoe stall

am playing this at the moment so lol

Anne Whateley posted:

Someone on twitter please notify @fart about those shoes asap

It's a shame they still don't do the Fashion SWAT stuff on the front page

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

goatface posted:

If you order s&m stuff do you think they'd put "fetish mask" on the label?

(not my order)

also good:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

(not my order)

also good:

Hmm, this looks like a fun trick to play on friends or hated office colleagues.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Sale day

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I don't care about the sale but my spanking new AE credit card is giving me an 8$ rebate for today.:goddamit whats the make it rain smilie:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

This one made me giggle:

There were about eight items in that envelope, none of them being cream or even creamy. Why cream?

China Retails Everything Around Me

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

flashy_mcflash posted:

New thread title

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Well I spent less than I expected but I had a good coupon so I did spend $20 on stuff that was probably priced way up for the sale

Gonna have some nicely polished nails and some new spice jars I guess

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

WHY.

Zoeber 1 Piece Chlidren Anime Brooches Pins Bag Cartoon Cute Animal Cat Batman Acrylic Mini Brooch Icons Badges Christmas Gift

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
How else would you store your cats so they stack correctly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
Three AE parcels, from three separate vendors, arrived today. Odd.

Contents:

* Sports compression tops, looks good
* Reading glasses, ditto
* Trousers, for work: looks s bit cheaper than the pictures but whatever.