Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

JBP posted:

Wow, no poo poo?
Having a bad night, JBP? Do tell Auspol all about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CrazyTolradi posted:

And yet, they didn't go far enough because ALP still drinks the neoliberalism coolaid.

Actually they want to bring back industry bargaining

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CrazyTolradi posted:

Having a bad night, JBP? Do tell Auspol all about it.

Nah I'm watching flix and chilling out I just read a dumb post.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Babysitter is better than expected btw what should I watch next?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Baby’s day out

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think regarding workplace policy, trying to fling poo poo at the ALP in this rendition is a crock of poo poo. BILL loving CARDBOARD SHORTEN is proposing to reverse penalty rate cuts, rip up to Anti Union bullshit and try industrial bargaining.

The Greens are loving idiots and have gradually become more and more idiotic since RDN. Atleast the ALP will put up a fight in most cases rather than making GBS threads out press releases implying maybe they will support the Liberals in stripping marine protections ect.

All the ALP need to do us fix the refugee policy and they are literally better than the Greens on country defining policy.

Under Bill Shorten.

I'm losing my mind.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Saying something and actually doing it are two very different things.

I'm fully prepared to see a federal ALP government choke like hell on more than half of the IR talking points they've promised as the Shoppies continue to drag them into the poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Knobb Manwich posted:

The Labor MP then also started shouting at her in the elevator afterwards so yeah a bit more than that mate.

You're saying people don't like being racial abused and can get upset about it?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CrazyTolradi posted:

I'm fully prepared to see a federal ALP government choke like hell on more than half of the IR talking points they've promised as the Shoppies continue to drag them into the poo poo.

Trust in the two party system tolradi.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

JBP posted:

Jessica Jones if that helps.

Also recommend The Expanse if you want to see people being shot in the face over and over.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Anidav posted:

All the ALP need to do us fix the refugee policy and they are literally better than the Greens on country defining policy.

Under Bill Shorten.

I'm losing my mind.

One of these sentences is accurate

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Spectacular. I can't remember who it was but a few pages back I mentioned something about Greens voters who preference Libs over Labor and whoever it was insisted it was really rare and that's the minority. Yo. Guess what. This post didn't come out of nowhere.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

CrazyTolradi posted:

Sorry CT, I love you but the ALP election and policy machine is quite different to what it was under Kevin Rudd and his Howard-lite cornering.

The last time we saw an ALP government, mining still mattered to the economy. In opposition the ALP have caused the Liberals to hold a Royal Commission into banks and indeed lose the debate on company tax cuts. It's not really talking points any more. Lets be honest, John Howard was a political behemoth and now he's gone and like dominoes conversation after conversation that he had wrapped up under his government is being reset and the ALP has won the conversation in almost every instance except for refugees.

I fully expect that the ALP may disappoint me in some instances and on refugees they already have. However, at the moment it is The Greens who are moving backwards while the ALP is moving forward when it is allowed to.

One is playing political chess and the other is flailing randomly like a rabid dog. Green voters have every right to be upset.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav, you're the loyal dog that the ALP doesn't deserve. They'll get you all hyped up, go as if to throw the ball for you then they'll either drop the ball behind them or not let it go. You'll run off, desperately seeking the ball, coming back with a confused expression on your face. And yes, they'll actually throw the ball sometimes, but only just enough, the barest of minimums, to keep you believing.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

One is playing political chess and the other is flailing randomly like a rabid dog. Green voters have every right to be upset.

All 500 of them if it carries on like this.

Scott and Larissa waters were clearly doing a hell of a lot to keep the dumb middle class white people in check.

the ancient stones
Mar 28, 2018

by zen death robot
a national disgrace: aussie pensioners menaced by the sex owl

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Whitlam posted:

Spectacular. I can't remember who it was but a few pages back I mentioned something about Greens voters who preference Libs over Labor and whoever it was insisted it was really rare and that's the minority. Yo. Guess what. This post didn't come out of nowhere.

Historically the Coalition gets about 20% of Greens preferences, and that's held relatively steady since the 2004 election.

Doesn't defend that dumbarse poster though.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Graic Gabtar posted:

Jessica Jones if that helps.

Also recommend The Expanse if you want to see people being shot in the face over and over.

Seven Psychopaths is free on SBS on demand right now, if you can put up with the trash tier ad system on their player than I highly recommend it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Bill Shorten is kinda weird. Seems like an empty suit who actually has a touch of actual pragmatism, ie; you actually have to push policy people like and want to get them remotely excited to vote for you. Which given the current status of small-l liberals around the world is a goddamn unicorn.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

hiddenmovement posted:

Seven Psychopaths is free on SBS on demand right now, if you can put up with the trash tier ad system on their player than I highly recommend it
That I had to create an account for SBS on demand loving burns me.

I'll check it out.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Inescapable Duck posted:

Bill Shorten is kinda weird. Seems like an empty suit who actually has a touch of actual pragmatism, ie; you actually have to push policy people like and want to get them remotely excited to vote for you. Which given the current status of small-l liberals around the world is a goddamn unicorn.

Do you actually want anything else in a politician??? Seriously, they're the hollowest of men...and women. It seems like an awful trap. You get people who want to be good, who want to help, who want to help people and make things better and all that. Then they get captured, become politicians. Learn about compromise. End up becoming the political soup that we call "government". Also, as a person who likes to cook, it is very much like soup in there. Gastronomically, they each assert their flavours, but they oppose each other. It ends up all carbs with a hint of pepper.

I'll vote Green of course, just because. Hey, secretly I'm stone cold Labour but I *LIKE* Greens and I have the tiniest bit of a gay-crush on Adam Bandt. I'd have him rare with Marjoram.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I said this to Greens nerds a few times, promise materially beneficial policies. poo poo talk as much as you want, but proooommmmiiiissseee and promote betttterrr thiiiiiings

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/satanicunicorn/status/979059024233664512

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

One of these sentences is accurate

'Under Bill Shorten'?

Whats under him?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Aesculus posted:

Literally just replace Labor with LNP in that poster and it's perfect. How do you screw something so simple up :negative:

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Aesculus posted:

Literally just replace Labor with LNP in that poster and it's perfect. How do you screw something so simple up :negative:

Here's a thought. Don't put either party in the poster and keep it the same? The 'so and so fault' stuff strikes me as the question time blame game bullshit everyone's sick of.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Fuckin lmao

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

trunkh posted:

Here's a thought. Don't put either party in the poster and keep it the same? The 'so and so fault' stuff strikes me as the question time blame game bullshit everyone's sick of.

Just express materially beneficial policy promises, they have them,
it's so fuckin' simple

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/979511219999580160

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

trunkh posted:

Yep, agreed. All it had to say is that people aren't getting paid penalty rates and the greens are trying to get them back. Not that loving hard really. Ugh, really hoping Larissa Waters gets number one spot on the greens ballot in QLD next election. She was cool and good.

Haught
Jan 18, 2009

Whitlam posted:

lol this is literally criticising Labor from the left, as stupid as it is. I don't think Andrew is suggesting that the Liberals do it better.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Dude McAwesome posted:

Yep, agreed. All it had to say is that people aren't getting paid penalty rates and the greens are trying to get them back. Not that loving hard really. Ugh, really hoping Larissa Waters gets number one spot on the greens ballot in QLD next election. She was cool and good.

Larissa is going to get the nod so hard

Haught
Jan 18, 2009

To clarify Bartlett has already bowed out of the senate pre-selection race. He's been pre-selected to run for the lower house seat of Brisbane. Larissa only has to beat Ben Pennings(she will).

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Call me dumb, what's wrong with that advert?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The fair work commission is broken not because of Labor, but because of the Liberal party who have stacked the gently caress out of it with right wing business lobbyists.

Even if that weren't the case, The Greens are still utilizing the same divisive electioneering bullshit that many of us found so distasteful at the batman by election. By a transplant from another political party that probably doesn't really believe in much beyond 'get elected', no less.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
whsipering llama strikes again

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I see, so it's blaming labour for the libs loving it up.

got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Basically what the ALP has been saying is the FWC commission needs to be killed and remade because when it was designed the gig economy didn't exist.

• Locked thread