Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Visual Basic is dumb and bad...or is it me???

You want a bad IDE. Try using Eclipse

Edit. Derp read Visual Basic as Visual Studio (which is good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Skwirl posted:

I didn't think Oprah was a billionaire, so maybe I'm wrong. He became a billionaire after selling Beats headphones to Apple. Maybe he's "just" the first rap artist billionaire.

I thought Dr. Dre owned Beats?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

So now my other dog has terrible diarrhea. Was up all night letting him out.

here is a pic of him with his tongue out

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Canada seems to suck all the way through.

Canada and Australia are crazy similar minus having (literal) polar opposite weather

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
First job interview in over 15 years coming up. I'm probably going to tank this, but it's entry level so who the gently caress knows.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mr. Nice! posted:

First job interview in over 15 years coming up. I'm probably going to tank this, but it's entry level so who the gently caress knows.

just b yourself

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Mr. Nice! posted:

You got this, sir!

On the 2nd day at my new job myself. It sucks having to wake up early, but I do like this place.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I want to look for a new job but I have literally no idea where to go to make the same kind of money, so instead I will tell my boss I want a promotion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ehud posted:

just b yourself

I can't really be anything else. It's far too ingrained now. I'm sure I'll do fine, but I don't think I'll be able to answer a single technical question (if asked) and I've literally never done anything resembling what I'll be doing outside of a few preliminary inquiries I ran as a navy officer.

My last job interview was to be the assistant manager for a convenience store. Before that it was a printer/computer repair shop. What the gently caress do I know about depositions and medical malpractice?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
job interview tip

come in, shake their hand, maintain firm eye contact, dislocate jaw, scream like a clone in Body Snatchers

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is absolutely amazing

https://twitter.com/abc/status/979253523052408832?s=21

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Hold them firmly by the wrist and slowly guide their hand to your balls. This will get you any job

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

lol i thought it was about to end with the cheetah making GBS threads on his jeep

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

This video should be shown in acting classes so they can study that dude's "oh gently caress there's a cheetah behind me" face

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Raku posted:

Hold them firmly by the wrist and slowly guide their hand to your balls. This will get you any job

That's how i got my current job

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m in the opposite position, I’ve avoiding participating in hiring for years, but finally have enough seniority that I’m backed into doing so. Not sure how to even approach interviews, but i do know, if they can’t answer the riddle of steel they’re out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Do the weird trump power handshake

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Do the weird trump power handshake

I feel like if someone tries that poo poo on you you are fully justified in hitting the rainmaker

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you can answer basic questions about your own resume you'll be ahead of 50% of the candidates I've had the opportunity to interview for various roles.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Has anyone gone to a Aussie Rules football game before? I am going to one in a few days and have 0 idea what to expect outside of watching a video of the best hits.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Soeaking from experience Aussie rules is much more fun if you have no idea what's happening

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Uterine Lineup posted:

Has anyone gone to a Aussie Rules football game before? I am going to one in a few days and have 0 idea what to expect outside of watching a video of the best hits.

People run all the gently caress over and tackle constantly, it’s like a weird cousin of rugby and American football. I had no idea how it was played, but I drank a lot and watched some large, gangly motherfuckers put the hurt on each other and it was great.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of which, my new work drama is that they just hung up a bunch of signs saying that the area is under 24-hour surveillance. I work in a goddamn office with 60 desks, not a prison.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Thaddius the Large posted:

People run all the gently caress over and tackle constantly, it’s like a weird cousin of rugby and American football. I had no idea how it was played, but I drank a lot and watched some large, gangly motherfuckers put the hurt on each other and it was great.

Fun fact...its called Kick and Giggle in New Zealand.

But also. It was invented by Irish convicts who were sent over to Australia when it was colonized. They play a kinda-not-quite-similar game in Ireland which is just "Gaelic Football" however none of the convicts could reliably follow or remember all the rules so just kinda came up with their own ones which eventually turned into Aussie Rules.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Speaking of which, my new work drama is that they just hung up a bunch of signs saying that the area is under 24-hour surveillance. I work in a goddamn office with 60 desks, not a prison.

That just means they’re using security cameras. What state are you in? In some cases it’s required by law.

A 60 desk office is a normal setting for security cameras, what’s the big deal?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

seiferguy posted:

If you are not doing dodgy poo poo then why are you worried :shrug:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

seiferguy posted:

I mean I dont think someone is actually watching the feed all day like a security guard in a spy movie

Usually they just roll back footage if something happens

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

taking away my freedom to taint up everyone else's mouse in the office afterhours.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Also there's probably like 6 cameras, none of which are pointed at your desk, so when the god damned janitorial crew steals YET ANOTHER set of earbuds, no one can or will do anything because the cameras are a farce and only set up because regulations monitor 24 surveillance of the floor entrances.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

CyberPingu posted:

If you are not doing dodgy poo poo then why are you worried :shrug:

I hate when people say this

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

seiferguy posted:

Is there really a difference?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

My fat girl also peaked at 13 pounds, but she has a very small frame so she was obese at that weight. She's no dainty eater, though, she is a food thief and hog who routinely gets up on the counters even though she's fully aware it is Not Allowed, in order to try to scavenge even the smallest crumb or fragment that might be lingering there.

Maybe you can exercise your cat? If you get get her to sprint up and down a hallway after a red dot or something that might help after a while.

Lol. I've tried that. She's not interested.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Also this just reminded me that at my old job someone important lost a briefcase that they thought they had left in their office at work over the weekend and they started reviewing tape for it and while doing so found out that someone was getting drunk and then coming into the office and sleeping in a partner's office. His employment did not last.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jota posted:

I hate when people say this

Why? Its the same with IT monitoring. Its not like they constantly monitor it to try catch people out...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The rescue place where my wife found a dog we both wanted rejected our application because they think a young dog needs an older dog mentor or some poo poo.

We just wanted a dag gum pup pup :(

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Spoeank posted:

The rescue place where my wife found a dog we both wanted rejected our application because they think a young dog needs an older dog mentor or some poo poo.

We just wanted a dag gum pup pup :(

That is the height of horseshit

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean I dont think someone is actually watching the feed all day like a security guard in a spy movie

Usually they just roll back footage if something happens

Yeah, even if it is monitored by an alarm company it's nearly impossible to catch poo poo as its happening.

My office not having a camera in it owns though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The security monitor isn’t going to care that you take a peak at the Awful App on your phone.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

seiferguy posted:

Is Scott Pioli your office manager?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Flikken posted:

Yeah, even if it is monitored by an alarm company it's nearly impossible to catch poo poo as its happening.

My office not having a camera in it owns though.

thank you guy who manages a company that handles large amount of physical cash for telling me how your central location has no recorded surveillance