Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CheeseFactory posted:

You can kill invis guys pretty wasy now, as long as you can spot them.

Being invis no longer shrinks your hitbox to the size of a shrivelled dick

Yeah, a dude went Jester Invis on me and it was pretty shocking how much less effective it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sooo how dumb is it to come back to this now? Note: I don’t do raids or anything that isn’t solo/matchmaking. I loved the game until I got the endgame loop but since 4v4 crucible sucked butts and all that was left was basically raids I checked out p fast. The 50 or so hours I dumped into the game were real fun at least.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
If you don’t do any of the endgame PVE stuff and don’t like Crucible it is not and probably never will be worth it for you to come back

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I loved Destiny 1 crucible and could spend hours and hours exploring and fighting on the planets in 2. Maybe I’ll redownload. Have they improved the sandbox stuff?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kilometers Davis posted:

Sooo how dumb is it to come back to this now? Note: I don’t do raids or anything that isn’t solo/matchmaking. I loved the game until I got the endgame loop but since 4v4 crucible sucked butts and all that was left was basically raids I checked out p fast. The 50 or so hours I dumped into the game were real fun at least.

Crucible just got a pretty significant tweak, patch notes here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46708 so give it a shot and see if you like it? But Destiny is a lot more hollow of an experience solo, tbh.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

VJeff posted:

Crucible just got a pretty significant tweak, patch notes here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46708 so give it a shot and see if you like it? But Destiny is a lot more hollow of an experience solo, tbh.

Okay those changes sound like exactly what I wanted from the start. Nice! I’ll jump back in once I slow down with my current backlog of 5,000 games.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

What the gently caress happened to them buffing regular fusions? Is that pushed off?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PathAsc posted:

What the gently caress happened to them buffing regular fusions? Is that pushed off?

It's in the patch notes bruv.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BlindSite posted:

Only Linears got buffed in this one. Although I don't remember a promise that burst Fusions would be buffed? They're pretty drat solid as is.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a technical explanation for why vigilance wing seems to tear rear end so much more right now? I know it got buffed like a high impact pulse but did its rate of fire increase too? Or the speed between bursts?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kadath posted:

Does anyone have a technical explanation for why vigilance wing seems to tear rear end so much more right now? I know it got buffed like a high impact pulse but did its rate of fire increase too? Or the speed between bursts?

It got both rof and dmg buffs. It's technically an adaptive frame or whatever even though it's weird

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

BlindSite posted:

I know, that's why I said regular. Linear is in there only.

I only asked because I figured I missed one of their less shared blurbs after they had said they wanted to do something with fusions and snipers to bring them a little more in line with other heavy weapons for the finesse you have to use with them. I can't help but hope they'll get a little love, even though they are solid they could use something so imo.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lmao they "fixed" the gg top tree by only allowing you a single gg shot if you dont select 6 gun

bitch move, bungie. bitch move.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Has anyone played rumble? Is dropping 8 players in (D1 only ever did 6) as stupid and chaotic as I've predicted?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

rumble? stupid?

:thunk:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Has anyone played rumble? Is dropping 8 players in (D1 only ever did 6) as stupid and chaotic as I've predicted?

no, yes

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Played some games tonight. Pretty fun, except the faster movement and identical TTK just means teamshot is more important than ever.

All 5 matches were against 4 stacks of extremely well coordinated teams and the only wins we managed were when we were acing our 1v1s.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
god drat does VW shred now holy poo poo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

the good fax machine posted:

god drat does VW shred now holy poo poo

This is truth. I was enjoying

Vigilance Wing - I'd swear I got some 2-burst kills from all-crits
Darkest Before - spray and pray pulse is fun
Heavy - doesn't matter, Uber always takes it to snipe like a dumb baby rear end in a top hat jerk

Also, some dudes on reddit complained that update is good for remaining fans but doesn't actually give anyone a reason to come back. The DMG "0.04%" guy from Bungie wrote, "Our work here isn't done. This is but another step on the roadmap. Aiming to update said roadmap in April to cover more changes coming to Destiny 2, and reasons for players to jump back in."

They're at least getting pretty good at the lipservice!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Sniping feels real good, but I also went back to The Long Walk... I had been using Maxim since I got it.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Played this game for the first time in a month and man is VG insane now. I was running that and heros burden for upclose hosing and just deleting dudes. I'm not even that good.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heavy - doesn't matter, Uber always takes it to snipe like a dumb baby rear end in a top hat jerk
This is the risk you take when in my fireteam, bitch. :colbert:

e: Long Walk 4 Lyfe

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
One thing I love is the FOAMING RAGE that opponents go into if they see you've loaded a sniper rifle. Like, they forget that I've got any weapons other than the sniper and they charge right the hell at me every time

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think they assume you load it and immediately begin hardscoping somewhere and they'll get a *~sick flank~* off, but instead i load mine and just wait to shred them with an autumn wind

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

load it and immediately begin hardscoping somewhere

this is the opening page of my memoirs

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Played two matches of Rumble. Easily the most fun there is to be had in this game right now.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I like Rumble. Got second place, which isn't bad considering first place dude was 4.0 with a streak as long as your arm.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Anyone used the vanguard sidearm? Forget the name but it's similar to last hope but better handing and worse range. I'm a fan.

I haven't used vw much but jade rabbit is hella strong. What about other high impact scouts like does not compute?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sniping is drastically improved. I pulled off a bunch of stupid good doubles and triples with the new monarchy rifle.

Feels like sniping did late in d1. Lots of flinch but if youre quick on the trigger and can drag you'll take faces.

Handcannons are much better, they're still a bit of a higher risk option because if you miss a shot through lovely aim you'll lose. I also found that high cal is still pretty strong for loving up your shot, but less ghost bullets overall is nice.

I had fun running around with a 900rpm energy sub and a living memory in rumble. Needed something with a bit more range for team games.

Rumble is cool and good but it needs to be 6 players. 8 as mentioned is a bit too chaotic. There is little chance at times to break off and recover, reload and re-asses. Too often I'd kill someone and have someone spawn a few metres away while I was at half health and they had an overshield.

I think qp has a little too much heavy ammo- Especially with colony being a thing. Far too often I found that I'd die only to heavy in games. It can be good for baiting people though if you have heavy already and it's about to spawn up but I think the ttk with primaries needs to come up.

Super and grenade cool downs are much better. I can usually get two supers pretty easily. Titan still doesn't seem to move fast enough and the leap distance on slam is still a bit short. I had a couple of short stops expecting the momentum of the skate to push me a bit further than it did.

Sub machine guns are still the go to for close range imo.

I got a clip I'll upload later of my dodging all four golden gun shots from a dude. Movement increase is definitely good.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 28, 2018

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

Sniping is drastically improved. I pulled off a bunch of stupid good doubles and triples with the new monarchy rifle.

Feels like sniping did late in d1. Lots of flinch but if youre quick on the trigger and can drag you'll take faces.

That's the feeling I got last night. I was landing some really gross drag scopes with Long Walk and its bottom of the barrel AA.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Just the simple fact there was so much variety in the weapons and set ups being used was a huge breath of fresh air last night. I settled in with The End trials scout and Vertical Orbit qsm kinetic side arm had had a ball scooting around on my mobility stacked hunter

I did just get the Jade Rabbit pink skin from a bright before logging off so might give that a whirl tonight as scouts are love

Killer_Bees! fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 29, 2018

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Video about Mobility with before and after

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yImya_W0wk

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Is there still a DLC planned for May? We should getting news on that soon right?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

texaholic posted:

Is there still a DLC planned for May? We should getting news on that soon right?

They mentioned we're getting an extended roadmap today or tomorrow, iirc. So more than likely, yeah.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Jack Queen King 3 is a beast of a gun.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lmao they "fixed" the gg top tree by only allowing you a single gg shot if you dont select 6 gun

HAH now that's loving funny

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Sweet, I have almost all of the guns for this new meta.

Hours managing my vault to have room for 1 of everything, really paid off.

:shepicide:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Boy I hope they don't do this for the bottom tree of Nightstalker.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Snipers, sup?

The Mornin' Comes feels great, kills in two bodies and headshots come real easy, but the Medium zoom is rough poo poo on a lot of maps.

Alone is terrific, has even shorter zoom than short zoom (tested against a Maxim XI) but low impact is brutal for finishing with a body, or two tapping.

I haven't tried Maxim XI yet as with the flinch, I've been wanting something just a little stickier (51 AA, Alone 79, Mornin' 61) though I would think MW range could add a point or two (even though I don't think Ishtar Commander noted any difference with Alone after giving it a range boost? Whatever).

What are the good sniper rifles? Lots of them in the game but adequately test driving each, yowza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Jack Queen King 3 is a beast of a gun.

Yes, I’ve been running this with Vigilance Wang and having great success. Also whoever was saying VW is a 2 burst kill was correct, 20 damage per bullet if you’re within range.