Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

bloodysabbath posted:

Is there any truth to the rumor going around that Rock is “99%” going to wrestle — not just appear — at Mania?

Given what happened previously you'd have thought it was Rousey and Rock vs. Steph and HHH if Rock was wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

LU Ultima Lucha 4

Matanza lost a sacrifice match to Johnny Mundo and disappeared. If LU returns for a season 5, it won't be with Cobb, whose contract is up after season 4 finishes airing

Night one, Jack Strong (Jack Swagger) won Gift of the Gods

Night two, Pentagon Dark beat Marty the Moth to regain the LU title. Post-match Vampiro attacked Pentagon, with the help of Vampiro's master, AAA wrestler Australian Suicide. Jack Strong came out after, cashed in, and won the LU title to close season 4

It's amazing how efficiently this show has gone about killing any interest I had in it these last couple of seasons

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

bloodysabbath posted:

Is there any truth to the rumor going around that Rock is “99%” going to wrestle — not just appear — at Mania?

I'd be shocked if he did, but given that they haven't really interacted I'd mark the hell out for Sami and Owens to take out Shane before the match (as well as they can without really messing him up due to his current health issues) and then Bryan comes out with new tag team partner THE ROCK and Sami and Owens poo poo their pants. It would also be a Wrestlemania surprise and I can't think of anything else surprising that would be good, and traditionally the surprises have involved celebrities anyway so why not.

Still, having the Rock in a match and not advertising it would be incredibly dumb from a business standpoint, so no way it's happening.

I does make me smile that I got accused of cock teasing with a cool Rock thing that'll 100% never happen, and now I feel exactly the same about this cool Rock thing that will 99% never happen.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rocky's got half a dozen movies in preproduction right now, no way in hell his insurance lets him risk being hurt for weeks again just to get a cheap pop for Vince.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

Rocky's got half a dozen movies in preproduction right now, no way in hell his insurance lets him risk being hurt for weeks again just to get a cheap pop for Vince.

They might let him do something like the squash with Rowan. Maybe he pins Hawkins in like 10 seconds or something?

On a different note, do we have any buzz on who's getting the NXT NA title? I'd assume Cole, because there's literally no reason to have him pull double duty otherwise. Just throw in Ohno or one of the UK lads into the ladder match instead if you NEED 6 guys (you don't)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 29, 2018

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

What possible reason would they have for a *surprise* Rock match? That's the kind of thing you advertise.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

My guess is Rock's done with WWE for the foreseeable future. I seriously doubt they can afford his appearances any more

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Not to mention that it’s super risky for him from a potential injury perspective when he’s making like 6 movies a year. Just not worth it.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Faustian Bargain posted:

What possible reason would they have for a *surprise* Rock match? That's the kind of thing you advertise.

Round 2 with Rowan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So apparently the WWE App accidentally spoiled that Mallet Muchahcos/New Day/Usos is a TLC match. Some kind of ladder-y match at Mania has kinda become a tradition and looking at the card, if you wanna put a big TLC spotfest in, that's probably the match to do it.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Having Harper and Rowan just throw people through things does sound pretty good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That'll be real good if they give it over fifteen or so

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

So apparently the WWE App accidentally spoiled that Mallet Muchahcos/New Day/Usos is a TLC match. Some kind of ladder-y match at Mania has kinda become a tradition and looking at the card, if you wanna put a big TLC spotfest in, that's probably the match to do it.

Nooo they're robbing me of a Bryan/Shane vs Sami/Kevin TLC match

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

exploded mummy posted:

CHING CHING BLING BLING CUT THE CHATTER
*owen voice* we've received the scans of daniel bryans brain matter

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

No. Down that road lies Dbry getting Steen to package piledrive him on a bridged ladder to prove he's fine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Liquid Communism posted:

No. Down that road lies Dbry getting Steen to package piledrive him on a bridged ladder to prove he's fine.

Hey all he's gotta do is fit his head in between two steps!

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*
]..b.m

M

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*
M

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PatRichCapone posted:

]..b.m

M

Hell, same.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

PatRichCapone posted:

]..b.m

M

these loss edits are getting weird

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Honestly whatvdvabenmeltzter said about Dean Amanda’s do flux every telling. Also th where at r wee sees himself as a a superstars in friend.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Petit Gregory posted:

Honestly whatvdvabenmeltzter said about Dean Amanda’s do flux every telling. Also th where at r wee sees himself as a a superstars in friend.

:laffo: this cracks me up every loving time

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

:laffo: this cracks me up every loving time

We don't agree on much but emphatic same.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MotU posted:

I did not know those were the lyrics to his song

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

PatRichCapone posted:

]..b.m

M

Mods ban for account sharing

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

PatRichCapone posted:

]..b.m

M

Better than Road Dogg's booking, honestly

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

VJeff posted:

Harper has a history of murdering wrestlers by powerbombing them onto ladders :getin:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MotU posted:

:vince:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
5dimes betting market update. There was a significant shift in one market. The Smackdown Women's Championship market.

Asuka is now at -1050 (up from -675).
Charlotte is now at +550.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Are there any odds on the IC title match? I haven't seen any yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Field's still leading. It's one of the least predictable matches on the card, essentially. Numerous paths they could choose to take, the most interesting is obviously the one where Miz retains and during the Shakeup winds up on the same show with Bryan again, finally resulting in a match between them

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Chris James 2 posted:

Field's still leading. It's one of the least predictable matches on the card, essentially. Numerous paths they could choose to take, the most interesting is obviously the one where Miz retains and during the Shakeup winds up on the same show with Bryan again, finally resulting in a match between them

this should 100% happen

and miz should go over :colbert:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

That match doesn't need a title

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Bryan has the IC Title, they don't have to put him in the world title scene. :v:

vvv Yeah, that.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 31, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

That match doesn't need a title

"If Bryan has a midcard title, Bryan's fans won't mind if it's not the world title and will stop sabotaging that title's scene." - WWE for the 7th time, thinking the time off changed anything about Bryan's fans

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

"If Bryan has a midcard title, Bryan's fans won't mind if it's not the world title and will stop sabotaging that title's scene." - WWE for the 7th time, thinking the time off changed anything about Bryan's fans

Maybe Nakamura can get an Intercontinental title match to headline a stadium show again.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

But they already have a perfectly serviceable mid card title on Smackdown and Bryan vs AJ/Nakamura would probably keep fans quiet for awhile

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think it's far more likely that Miz drops the belt and leaves to hang out with his baby for a few months

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

What does 'the field' mean in betting context?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Anyone involved in the match/event that doesn't have their own stated individual odds.