Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
2 months in a row of movie tie in games. The 360 side seems to be scraping the barrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was actually just about to ebay Dead Space 2 so that's nice. Already have the witness and dont care about rear end creed though

Real hurthling! posted:

Its still very funny to me how they advertise the gamer score

:lol:

I think I have told this story on the forums at least once already, but I once saw a guy pull a 7 year old tiger woods game out of a trash can and when I expressed to him that I didn't know he liked golf, he said "I hate golf... but it's free cheevos bro"

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 28, 2018

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

2 months in a row of movie tie in games. The 360 side seems to be scraping the barrel.
Dead Space 2 is a pretty legit game, man. DS1 was already given away so it’s nice to have the 2 good DS games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dead Space 2 owns so loving hard. Probably in my top 10 games last gen.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
so uh who's excited for when they add dead space 3?? *-laugh track-*

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Akuma posted:

Dead Space 2 is a pretty legit game, man. DS1 was already given away so it’s nice to have the 2 good DS games.

Pretty obviously wasn't referring to Dead Space 2. Also Dead Space 1 is best Dead Space.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I never got why some people think that. 2 is like 5 times better than the first one.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

2 is better, ya dinks.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's an Alien/Aliens thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

1 is a better horror game, 2 is a better action game, 3 is a better trash game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought 2 had better horror. I liked the first game but it really felt a lot like a prototype for DS2 to me. Imo every aspect of it was an improvement over Dead Space.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only scary parts of DS2 were the hosed up raptor necros and how many times I died to the stupid eye poke machine, it was too constant action otherwise.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Rejoice! No Man’s Sky hits Xbox this summer, will be X enhanced.

https://kotaku.com/no-mans-sky-is-finally-coming-to-xbox-this-summer-1824162733

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Beastie posted:

Rejoice! No Man’s Sky hits Xbox this summer, will be X enhanced.

https://kotaku.com/no-mans-sky-is-finally-coming-to-xbox-this-summer-1824162733

Did they ever add FOV adjustment to the PS4 version to make it playable for people who get motion sick?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

King Burgundy posted:

Did they ever add FOV adjustment to the PS4 version to make it playable for people who get motion sick?

Would you buy it anyway?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Real hurthling! posted:

Would you buy it anyway?

Maybe some day.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
NMS is actually very dece after all the updates and I don't even know what new ones they've done in the past year or so. You can build custom bases and force aliens to live there and do your bidding or grow space cannabis.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wow

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Game updates these days tend to be more likely to cause motion sickness.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/978912373825261569

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

They did! I'll probably trade my PS4 copy and get the Xbox version. One X should make it worth it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

They did! I'll probably trade my PS4 copy and get the Xbox version. One X should make it worth it.

Sean murray rubbing his hamster hands together

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

The game was a complete disaster and let down at launch. I think I bought my PS4 in November of that year. They've really made a ton of steps to make it better.

The game still lacks a major driving force. It's essentially Space Minecraft Pokemon Snap.

I really only turn it on for an hour or two to oggle the pretty colors and the animals that look like dicks on legs.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Intel&Sebastian posted:

NMS is actually very dece after all the updates and I don't even know what new ones they've done in the past year or so. You can build custom bases and force aliens to live there and do your bidding or grow space cannabis.
And the new Xbox version will coincide with their newest annual update. I guess it's basically Sean and a buddy or two loving around making it as their hobby-job. Somehow they made enough even with the disastrous launch to just keep plodding along slowly...

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Beastie posted:

Nice!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

CrashCat posted:

And the new Xbox version will coincide with their newest annual update. I guess it's basically Sean and a buddy or two loving around making it as their hobby-job. Somehow they made enough even with the disastrous launch to just keep plodding along slowly...
...Hello Games is like 15 people. Not huge but not "the MD and a buddy or two."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Akuma posted:

...Hello Games is like 15 people. Not huge but not "the MD and a buddy or two."

That's even more of a marvel then, to keep that many afloat to churn out an update once a year. I guess they're using some of that time to work on other things though

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I know you’re being jokey but it was 3 updates in the first year and the fourth is due less than 2 years after launch and will probably be quite sizeable - the first three were.

I don’t think people appreciate how much work a game like that really takes. I’m coming to the end of an almost year long game project with one other person and when it launches I know people will find the bugs and deficiencies with it (it’s a big/well known game, a lot of people will be looking at it) and assume a whole lot about how development works and not really know the first thing. Which is fine, really, but a bit frustrating.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The king of all shady developers releases a teaser trailer showing absolutely nothing except the word Next and people still get excited about it. Unbelievable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is there multiplayer yet like he told steven colbert

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The king of all shady developers releases a teaser trailer showing absolutely nothing except the word Next and people still get excited about it. Unbelievable.

Why shady?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

CrashCat posted:

That's even more of a marvel then, to keep that many afloat to churn out an update once a year. I guess they're using some of that time to work on other things though

They update more than once a year. I think we got three updates in 2017. The annual update usually has game changers, not just adjustments. The last annual update added in personal rover-craft, more base building options, and I think full sized star ships for purchase.

You can encounter other players, but they appear as orbs of light. I found someone and it was loving awesome. They left me a note by there base.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Beastie posted:

just get it on PC idiot

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

If I had a gaming pc, do you think I would own a One X?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Their free updates, particularly the last two, added more content than a lot of games do in their paid DLC so I personally think they’ve earned a little bit of good will.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Akuma posted:

Their free updates, particularly the last two, added more content than a lot of games do in their paid DLC so I personally think they’ve earned a little bit of good will.

How generous of them, to bring the game up to 60% of the content it was supposed to have at release.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

fishmech posted:

How generous of them, to bring the game up to 60% of the content it was supposed to have at release.

:rolleyes:

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Beastie posted:

If I had a gaming pc, do you think I would own a One X?

Well you see literally everyone around the world has and wants a gaming PC. I love getting off my work computers and swiveling right around to do some mad PC gaming after 10 hours of sitting at a desk.
I don't know why Microsoft even bothers with a console.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm still impressed by the sheer amount of balls it must have took to talk about NMS the way they did, let Sony turn it into a super big deal, and then keep talking about it on network TV, and then KEEP TALKING when two people landed on the same planet and didn't see each other lmfaooo

Like it's for sure not a bad game now, but loooool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im eager to see microsofts learned lessons for next console cycle when they see switch pass their sales in like 18 months.
Cant wait for the 1000$ xbox surface tablet that needs to be plugged in to enter game mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BrownieVK posted:

Well you see literally everyone around the world has and wants a gaming PC. I love getting off my work computers and swiveling right around to do some mad PC gaming after 10 hours of sitting at a desk.
I don't know why Microsoft even bothers with a console.

So instead you sit on your couch in front of a screen? You sound like someone that really cherishes variety.

The problem with Microsoft is the fact they're really bad at this whole "console" thing, that's why they shouldn't bother.