Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

UmOk posted:

False. Revenge of the Fallen is.

Wrong, dark of the Moon. Invasion of Chicago hasn't been topped yet, though the "moonraker" in Knight is close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

Wrong, dark of the Moon. Invasion of Chicago hasn't been topped yet, though the "moonraker" in Knight is close.

Which one had Robo-Moses leading people across the sea BACK to Egypt?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

UmOk posted:

Which one had Robo-Moses leading people across the sea BACK to Egypt?

Are you talking about cloaked Megatron with the babies? Oh do you mean the flashback from the fallen? They both kind of run together. 3 is great just because it's the most marked improvemed in cinematography due to shooting in 3d.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 24, 2018

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

Are you talking about cloaked Megatron with the babies? Oh do you mean the flashback from the fallen? They both kind of run together. 3 is great just because it's the most marked improvemed in cinematography due to shooting in 3d.

Talking about the transformer they wake at the flight museum. He has a Moses beard and staff and was a decepticon before being adopted by the Autobots. And he actually transports Sam to Egypt.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

UmOk posted:

Talking about the transformer they wake at the flight museum. He has a Moses beard and staff and was a decepticon before being adopted by the Autobots. And he actually transports Sam to Egypt.

I can’t believe I never made that connection.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

I can’t believe I never made that connection.

Yeah. TF2 is biblical as gently caress.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Possibly the first image of Bumblebee movie Bumblebee.

That animated movie is apparently happening too.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
"Venues to be announced soon"... suuuuure.

It'll be in Filmbase on curved street. It's always in Filmbase.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Paramount has released the film version of the Transformers 5 score. This is notable for anyone who was hoping to get their hands on the film version of We Have To Go which is a fair bit different to the version on the released OST.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
The PDF was an interesting read. Does anyone know if there's a review of the 4th and 5th movies?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The future of these movies is uncertain

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/17/transformers-movie-franchise-will-reportedly-reset

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Unsurprising. It felt like they've been wanting to reset the movie franchise and set up a more dedicated, consistent cinematic universe since Age of Extinction.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I loved the complete lack of continuity, I'll be sad to see it become mroe coherent.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Follow up reports on that makes the reboot thing seems much less clear, though. Like, maybe they won't reboot completely but the whole thing may just be different because different people are running things and making the movies. We still have that Bumblebee movie this year, anyway.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02/17/dont-believe-reboot-transformers/

And of course, they are making new toys to celebrate the 10-year anniversary. Unlike the Japanese ones released last year, these are actual new designs.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Blackout looks baller as heck

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly, I'm pretty hype for Bumblebee in spite of myself. it sounds batshit insane.

seriously, it's a Transformers spinoff centered around precisely one Transformer, directed by the loving Laika guy of all people (seriously what the gently caress? :psyboom:), that stars Hailee Steinfield and John loving Cena, and last I heard it's set in the 80s and targeting an R rating. if everything that's been announced about it is accurate, it's either going to be completely amazing or one of the most insane trainwrecks ever filmed.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I don't think the R part is true, since this movie is still made to sell toys and Hasbro said that the Bumblebee movie toys are designed for younger children.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

The MSJ posted:

I don't think the R part is true, since this movie is still made to sell toys and Hasbro said that the Bumblebee movie toys are designed for younger children.

Just make a PG-rated cartoon adaptation later, like with Robocop and Rambo.

Edit: There are few things as weird in cinema history as the Expanded Rambo Universe.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Feb 22, 2018

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

Roadie posted:

Just make a PG-rated cartoon adaptation later

I have picked up watching Transformers: Rescue Bots with the children, and it is surprisingly legitimately good.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

meanwhile, Deadpool is absurdly popular with small children and sells fuckloads of toys.

weird poo poo happens sometimes. :shrug:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

meanwhile, Deadpool is absurdly popular with small children and sells fuckloads of toys.

It doesn’t sell that many toys because every time a Deadpool toy is released, collectors eat it up and it’s impossible to find. The other toys are all way over 50 bucks, so kids won’t really pick those up.

This summer it might actually be okay, since there making a whole line of Deadpool toys, giving kids a chance to buy stuff.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Wasn't there a bit of a trend in the 80s of the first movie in a series being more adult-oriented, but because they found a kid audience on video the sequels got a little more family friendly?

It's been a while since I've seen them, but something like the Police Academy films: Started with R, then the second was PG-13, then the third was PG? Beastmaster 1 was dark and creepy, and Beastmaster 2 was more a Sorbo Hercules-style adventure.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

JediTalentAgent posted:

Wasn't there a bit of a trend in the 80s of the first movie in a series being more adult-oriented, but because they found a kid audience on video the sequels got a little more family friendly?

It's been a while since I've seen them, but something like the Police Academy films: Started with R, then the second was PG-13, then the third was PG? Beastmaster 1 was dark and creepy, and Beastmaster 2 was more a Sorbo Hercules-style adventure.

The Terminator and T2 have to be one of the more prominent examples of that.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Robocops 1 and 2 were both ultra-violent hard R/18, then Robocop 3 was a PG-13.

Off the top of my head, the only series that became more violent as it went on was Rambo. A girl actually ran out of my screening almost in tears during Rambo 4, and her friends (male and female) who'd been all "woo, yeah, let's watch some action!" before it started left at the end in complete :stare: silence.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

JediTalentAgent posted:

TMNT was much less violent in the sequel. I think the only "weapon" used on screen was a yo-yo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PhotoKirk posted:

TMNT was much less violent in the sequel. I think the only "weapon" used on screen was a yo-yo.

Yeah, that was a direct result of the cartoon's popularity. Donatello uses his staff (he takes a home run swing at Tokka) but I think that's it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Payndz posted:

Robocops 1 and 2 were both ultra-violent hard R/18, then Robocop 3 was a PG-13.

Off the top of my head, the only series that became more violent as it went on was Rambo. A girl actually ran out of my screening almost in tears during Rambo 4, and her friends (male and female) who'd been all "woo, yeah, let's watch some action!" before it started left at the end in complete :stare: silence.

Meanwhile I saw Rambo 4 when it came out and thought it loving ruled because of how absurdly hard of an R it was. I was also in middle school and raised on Mortal Kombat, though. :v:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Holy poo poo I just realized that Rambo 4 is a decade old.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
However, the CGI looks a lot older than that.

Rambo 4 is a weird blend of the serious nature of the first movie, and the insane violence of the later ones.

It's also really short.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Anyone who hasn't seen First Blood seriously needs to watch it. I don't think pop culture really remembers the way Rambo is depicted in that movie. Contemporary American audiences heads would explode trying to choose between "support are troops" and "blue lives matter"

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

UmOk posted:

Anyone who hasn't seen First Blood seriously needs to watch it. I don't think pop culture really remembers the way Rambo is depicted in that movie. Contemporary American audiences heads would explode trying to choose between "support are troops" and "blue lives matter"

They'd be on Rambo's side. Blue Lives Matter in only an issue when the citizen is black.

Better would be a remake of Rambo with a black Green Beret who was a veteran of Afghanistan.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

SimonCat posted:

They'd be on Rambo's side. Blue Lives Matter in only an issue when the citizen is black.

Better would be a remake of Rambo with a black Green Beret who was a veteran of Afghanistan.

No poo poo had the same thought the other day.

Jordan Peele could probably do something great with that idea

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

UmOk posted:

No poo poo had the same thought the other day.

Jordan Peele could probably do something great with that idea

Starring Michael Jai White. In every role. All of them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snowman_McK posted:

Starring Michael Jai White. In every role. All of them.

I’m throwing money at my monitor why isn’t this happening.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m throwing money at my monitor why isn’t this happening.

Jai White playing the Rambo character, and the villain, and his own love interest and the comic relief.

Make it happen Peele.

Speaking of Peele, I saw the 'White and Nerdy' music video for the first time in many years, and only just realised that Key and Peele are both in it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

JediTalentAgent posted:

Aliens did this with newt, and had some sick rear end toys. The alien franchise always had toy commercials. https://youtu.be/qpYMfflioJE

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

SimonCat posted:

The Christopher Dorner Story?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Did Terry ever do a write up on 4 and 5?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Did Terry ever do a write up on 4 and 5?

She ded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
She practically doesn't need to.

In 4 a rebuilt Megatron liberates his people from corporate control and spends the movie trying to find a 'seed' (more working class + reproductive imagery). Optimus Prime shoves a gigantic sword through a hole in Megatron's chest, which Megatron uses to destroy the sword. Optimus is on the run from humans, who have decided he isn't much different from the Deceptions. A robot's face turns into a gun. Optimus bellow 'honor to the end!' as he stabs his foe in the back. At the end of the movie, he flies off into space to kill God, bellowing warnings.

In 5 he finds God and tries to kill her. She mind controls him and he doesn't break free until one of his soldiers volunteers to die on his sword. Etc, etc. They read like they were written to give Terry material.