Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

khwarezm posted:

Hey, idiot, Eurotrash aren't making you kill people at ludicrously higher rates than the rest of the first world.

dont you eurotrash have your own forums to shitpost in, or are they forbidden by hate speech laws or some other aspect of the kind of governance you would force on others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

gobbagool posted:

dont you eurotrash have your own forums to shitpost in, or are they forbidden by hate speech laws or some other aspect of the kind of governance you would force on others?

I love these posts because they're a barely disguised crude appeal to american nationalism so that you don't have to talk about the issue in a serious manner.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
Could it possibly be about child murder and family safety? No, it could only be a coordinated mission to personally make me frown.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

archangelwar posted:

Tell me, what is the well reasoned debate you claimed you didn't want to start but apparently desperately want to have concerning the statistical likelihood of a constitutional abortion ban vs. repeal of 2nd amendment.

The short version is this gun control debate has really brought out the rights-hating fascist side of the left, to the surprise of absolutely nobody. Should those of you who just cant wait to start tearing up the bill of rights get your way, it should be a good spectacle when the end result is that the things that you consider fundamental rights, like abortion, or free speech (lol, probably not that) get restricted in ways that seem unfathomable today

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

loving eurotrash, making all of these school shootings occur

I bet every single Parkland student is a European crisis actor!

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

The short version is this gun control debate has really brought out the rights-hating fascist side of the left, to the surprise of absolutely nobody. Should those of you who just cant wait to start tearing up the bill of rights get your way, it should be a good spectacle when the end result is that the things that you consider fundamental rights, like abortion, or free speech (lol, probably not that) get restricted in ways that seem unfathomable today
sorry you're that much of an idiot re: politics, fascism is a rightwing ideology. :ssh:

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

archangelwar posted:

Could it possibly be about child murder and family safety? No, it could only be a coordinated mission to personally make me frown.

every single time someone wants to take away rights it's under the guise of wont somebody please think of the children. I guess i'm so old that i remember the left in the US properly scoffing at that idea as a barometer of what rights should be taken away

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

every single time someone wants to take away rights it's under the guise of wont somebody please think of the children. I guess i'm so old that i remember the left in the US properly scoffing at that idea as a barometer of what rights should be taken away
yah right, why should kids get to feel safe while they're learning? the little freeloaders, expecting to not be shot dead in their classrooms. back when i was a kid, we got shot twice a day AND WE drat WELL LIKED IT!!!1

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

gobbagool posted:

Maybe lay off the drugs before posting, you sound like a moron. Gun control is neither trampling on your rights nor fascist

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Augh, first we can't feed children lead, now we can't inject them with any either?? Fuckin' fascists.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

QuarkJets posted:

loving eurotrash, making all of these school shootings occur

I bet every single Parkland student is a European crisis actor!

yeah, that's not what i said at all. People like Flowers for Algeria, probably one of the most loathsome posters on a board full of them, sure loves to weigh in on American freedoms from his shithole country. Do you American posters here, on either side, go to European forums and complain at them about their forms of government? Watch out for those zany hate speech laws!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

gobbagool posted:

yeah, that's not what i said at all. People like Flowers for Algeria, probably one of the most loathsome posters on a board full of them, sure loves to weigh in on American freedoms from his shithole country. Do you American posters here, on either side, go to European forums and complain at them about their forms of government? Watch out for those zany hate speech laws!

Build the wall Lowtax.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

guns and hate speech, LITERALLY ZERO DIFFERNECE!!1

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
loving Eurotrash coming over here, making the shitposts that should be the god given right to us true americans only, swear to god.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Um, I think you will find that there exists no platonic ideal of a "gun", it is impossible to even define. How do you plan to ban something that can't even be said to exist? :smug:

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

QuarkJets posted:

Maybe lay off the drugs before posting, you sound like a moron. Gun control is neither trampling on your rights nor fascist

leftists wanting to take rights away from Americans is fascist. If you dont believe me, then please be brave enough to start your crusade to tear up the bill of rights

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Guns are good, and fascism is bad, ergo people who wants to take away my guns are fascists. :smug:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

leftists wanting to take rights away from Americans is fascist.
https://giant.gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteSpiffyLeonberger.webm

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

gobbagool posted:

leftists wanting to take rights away from Americans is fascist. If you dont believe me, then please be brave enough to start your crusade to tear up the bill of rights

What rights are being taken away?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

gobbagool posted:

Maybe go take a couple of civics courses or something, and throw an early 20th century history course in there while you're at it, because I don't have time to explain the numerous ways in which you are wrong

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey, Eurotrash posters, how would you feel if I came to your threads and told you healthcare isn't a right??? Same thing!

You keep your health, let me keep my guns!

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

QuarkJets posted:

Maybe go take a couple of civics courses or something, and throw an early 20th century history course in there while you're at it, because I don't have time to explain the numerous ways in which you are wrong

so you're a coward who just talks poo poo and knows he's in the wrong. good to know.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

gobbagool posted:

so you're a coward who just talks poo poo and knows he's in the wrong. good to know.

Why are you insistent that leftists wish to take rights away?

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Doctor Butts posted:

What rights are being taken away?

2nd amendment. despite what flowers for algeria and fishmech think, the Supreme Court holds that the 2A recognizes an individual right to own arms. you can argue all you like, your opinion doesn't count, theirs does

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

gobbagool posted:

Protip, if you want to scream into the void about wanting well reasoned debate, you might first want to try knowing what words mean.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Might makes right, so taking my might takes my right!

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

as opposed to you, who is a coward talking poo poo and isn't aware he's in the wrong.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
You're right to be afraid Gobbagool, if I had the power I would take away your right to post.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Doctor Butts posted:

Why are you insistent that leftists wish to take rights away?

leftists, in this very thread, are insistent that we literally revoke a portion of the Bill of Rights. it's great that posters here are so far up their own asses that they think that removing rights is better than maintaining or recognizing God given rights

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

gobbagool posted:

2nd amendment.

Who is taking that right away?

gobbagool posted:

leftists, in this very thread, are insistent that we literally revoke a portion of the Bill of Rights. it's great that posters here are so far up their own asses that they think that removing rights is better than maintaining or recognizing God given rights

Why are you convinced that this is the belief of a majority of the posters in this thread, let alone the majority of 'leftists' ?

What about the 2nd amendment do you believe is God given?

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 29, 2018

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

khwarezm posted:

You're right to be afraid Gobbagool, if I had the power I would take away your right to post.

you dont have the power to get up off the couch without your turning paddle, i'm not too worried

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

2nd amendment. despite what flowers for algeria and fishmech think, the Supreme Court holds that the 2A recognizes an individual right to own arms. you can argue all you like, your opinion doesn't count, theirs does
oh no, guess people will just have to turn to the meagre self-defense options remaining.

meagre options such as: knifes, batons, bats, pepper spray, tasers, keys, brass knuckles, heavy flashlights and personal alarms. man what a short list

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

gobbagool posted:

God given rights

MAH GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO GUNZZZZZZ

performance art, I love it.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

what's the word that comes after 2nd? i forget

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Doctor Butts posted:

Who is taking that right away?

Why are you convinced that this is the belief of a majority of the posters in this thread, let alone the majority of 'leftists' ?

What about the 2nd amendment do you believe is God given?

you guys love to mock the founding fathers, so edgy, but they consider rights as God given, and only recognized by government, not 'granted'. that certainly rubs you little fascists the wrong way, but that's how it is

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I'm loving this.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Elizabethan Error posted:

what's the word that comes after 2nd? i forget

the bill of rights is considered part of the original document. I mean you can argue on D&D all you like, but the Supreme Court agrees with me, not with you

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
Well reasoned debate:

Person A: Should an individual right to gun ownership exist in light of social harms and ills that could be addressed via a spectrum of approaches that span from nearly invisible to great restriction, depending on individual moral calculus and subjective social goals?

Person B: NO BECAUSE GOD

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

the bill of rights is considered part of the original document. I mean you can argue on D&D all you like, but the Supreme Court agrees with me, not with you
right, but what comes after the word '2nd'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

gobbagool posted:

you guys love to mock the founding fathers, so edgy, but they consider rights as God given, and only recognized by government, not 'granted'. that certainly rubs you little fascists the wrong way, but that's how it is

You guys?

What have I posted here to make you assume I should be lumped in with any other poster you are feuding with?

What Constitutional rights are considered God given?

• Locked thread