Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I think I missed that bit in the bible where God angrily corrects Abraham on the difference between a magazine and a clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It is said God gave the ancient Hebrews guns as a sort of apology for failing to help them fight against the people of the plains and their chariots of iron.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

So check out this theory, gobbagool lost his job to a better-qualified European person, and since he doesn't have a high school diploma or his GED he also can't find a new job, so his only recourse is to try and become a professional shitposter

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

gobbagool posted:

the bill of rights is considered part of the original document. I mean you can argue on D&D all you like, but the Supreme Court agrees with me, not with you

Hey dipshit. The Supreme Court only agreed with the individual right to guns interpretation of the Second Amendment like 10 years ago (5-4, of course). A future court can and probably will overturn that decision.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Doctor Butts posted:

You guys?

What have I posted here to make you assume I should be lumped in with any other poster you are feuding with?

What Constitutional rights are considered God given?

yeah i didn't mean you specifically I guess. you seem to want Government as a rights granting authority though, rather than a rights recognizing authority, which is fascist as all hell

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Marijuana posted:

Hey dipshit. The Supreme Court only agreed with the individual right to guns interpretation of the Second Amendment like 10 years ago (5-4, of course). A future court can and probably will overturn that decision.

sure they will, any day now when the Fierce Moral Agents of Child Tragedy ascend by popular demand to the supreme court. any day now. in fact, it's going to be so soon you should hold your breath

edit: 1876 was more than 10 years ago. and that merely recognized the right to arms pre-existing the constitution, so bzzzzt try again pinhead

gobbagool fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 29, 2018

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
How dare you seek to amend the 2nd amendment.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Marijuana posted:

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but THOSE RIGHTS ARE GODGIVEN YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!1

gobbagool posted:

yeah i didn't mean you specifically I guess. you seem to want Government as a rights granting authority though, rather than a rights recognizing authority, which is fascist as all hell

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
God says only Americans have a right to any gun they want no matter how gratuitously deadly.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
The social contract: literal fascism.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

gobbagool posted:

edit: 1876 was more than 10 years ago. and that merely recognized the right to arms pre-existing the constitution, so bzzzzt try again pinhead

My man, the Cruikshank decision says the opposite of what you are arguing lol

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

gobbagool posted:

yeah, that's not what i said at all. People like Flowers for Algeria, probably one of the most loathsome posters on a board full of them, sure loves to weigh in on American freedoms from his shithole country. Do you American posters here, on either side, go to European forums and complain at them about their forms of government? Watch out for those zany hate speech laws!

quote me you coward, i dare you

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Marijuana posted:

My man, the Cruikshank decision says the opposite of what you are arguing lol

nope

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

nice display of cowardice, so good of you to demonstrate :allears:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Elizabethan Error posted:

nice display of cowardice, so good of you to demonstrate :allears:

If they remembered to bring their gun to the thread you guys wouldn't dare make these outrageous posts!

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Truly a polite society. Of ignorance.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Flowers For Algeria posted:

quote me you coward, i dare you

eat a dick, and go worship some divine right royalty or whatever your shithole country has as a government

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

If they remembered to bring their gun to the thread you guys wouldn't dare make these outrageous posts!

gobbagool shoots own foot

sobbing, they say, eur....eurotrash

Pebble and the Penguin
Sep 9, 2010

You're going out there a silly, hysterical, screaming queen, but you're coming back a great, big, passing-for-straight Broadway star!

gobbagool posted:

the bill of rights is considered part of the original document. I mean you can argue on D&D all you like, but the Supreme Court agrees with me, not with you

Can't change or amend the Constitution in any way ever, no sirree!

How does it feel to routinely post worse than the "Eurotrash" you like denigrating so much?

Pebble and the Penguin fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 29, 2018

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

gobbagool posted:

eat a dick, and go worship some divine right royalty or whatever your shithole country has as a government

Do you even know what a France is.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

aw is someone mad they got called a coward after displaying traits of same. :allears:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

gobbagool posted:

this is your brain on nra

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

gobbagool posted:

you can learn all about it here, but somehow, given that you're an american, i doubt that you would be interested in broadening your political culture beyond GUN = good

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
*very european accent* wanna grab those guns.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

gobbagool posted:

2nd amendment. despite what flowers for algeria and fishmech think, the Supreme Court holds that the 2A recognizes an individual right to own arms. you can argue all you like, your opinion doesn't count, theirs does

Oh your right to a second amendment? Fine, we'll give you a replacement second amendment.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

gobbagool posted:

you guys love to mock the founding fathers, so edgy, but they consider rights as God given, and only recognized by government, not 'granted'. that certainly rubs you little fascists the wrong way, but that's how it is

No they didn't. The founding fathers didn't have monolithic opinions on anything. The constitution itself is a compromise between multiple compromises.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gobbagool posted:

you guys love to mock the founding fathers, so edgy, but they consider rights as God given, and only recognized by government, not 'granted'. that certainly rubs you little fascists the wrong way, but that's how it is

They owned slaves

I don't consider slave owners to have the best grasp on defining human rights

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

gobbagool posted:

This is an incredibly moronic opinion that requires one to ignore space and time. The bill of rights was an addendum because the original constitution was too blatantly a counterrevolution that the states wouldn't accept it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Am I the only one who bothered to study history between 1776 and 1801?!

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

HootTheOwl posted:

Am I the only one who bothered to study history between 1776 and 1801?!

you may not have gotten the memo, but most of the posters here have informed us that history actually started the day of the parkland shooting

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

you may not have gotten the memo, but most of the posters here have informed us that history actually started the day of the parkland shooting
likewise, you've informed the rest of us that "amendment" appears nowhere in the bill of rights

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

likewise, you've informed the rest of us that "amendment" appears nowhere in the bill of rights

you can play word games all you like, but unless you're a world class idiot, you know the likelihood of getting an "amendment" removed from the Bill of Rights. But please, I encourage you and your fellow idiots to spend every cent of your political capital trying to do just that.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

im the D&D misunderstanding of 18th century text

Pebble and the Penguin
Sep 9, 2010

You're going out there a silly, hysterical, screaming queen, but you're coming back a great, big, passing-for-straight Broadway star!
"I encourage you and your fellow idiots to spend every cent of your political capital trying to get a Constitutional amendment to abolish slavery." -gobbagool, 1864

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Did someone summon me, the statist gun grabbing golem of gods true will?

gobbagool approach and be judged!

Your existence and all you believe in is ephemeral, prepare for cleansing.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

you can play word games all you like, but unless you're a world class idiot, you know the likelihood of getting an "amendment" removed from the Bill of Rights. But please, I encourage you and your fellow idiots to spend every cent of your political capital trying to do just that.
it's pretty rich that you're calling everyone names when you were too cowardly to admit you were wrong about the constitution being immutable.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

it's pretty rich that you're calling everyone names when you were too cowardly to admit you were wrong about the constitution being immutable.

things can change in the constitution. they do. 2A wont.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

guessing you still believe in santy claus also. papa trump is coming 4 ur gunz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

gobbagool posted:

not with that attitude they won't, buster

• Locked thread