Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

drrockso20 posted:

That's one of the reasons I like Sari so much, she presents a nice middle ground, she's first and foremost their friend, but her dad being a genius scientist and owner of one of the biggest companies in the world also gives them some practical reasons to associate with her

She also grows up in the show in kind of a literal sense.

And she's a transformer that turns into a human so she kind of has a loophole. I don't know if Sari of that decepticon lady from one of the bay movies came first. It took a while for them to make a transformer that turns into a human. I don't think Pretenders really count for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sari isn't horrible.

But Prime really did have the best human cast.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Keldroc posted:

His robot mode isn't good for adorable slapstick comic relief, which is all Grimlock was allowed to do in Season 3. Because Season 3 sucks.

Even if he is actually adorable sometimes.

Oh, subservient Grimlock of the future. You may have literally escaped being turned off and kept in the storage closet of the Ark, but you never did figuratively, did you?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Gammatron 64 posted:

She also grows up in the show in kind of a literal sense.

And she's a transformer that turns into a human so she kind of has a loophole. I don't know if Sari of that decepticon lady from one of the bay movies came first. It took a while for them to make a transformer that turns into a human. I don't think Pretenders really count for that.

Production notes do refer to Alice (the Bay lady) as a Pretender, though.

And of course the thing about Alice is that it should have changed literally everything, because holy poo poo the Decepticons can look just like humans now! I thought the scene where they find Simmons was going to be a drawn out slapstick situation where they find various "hilarious" ways to prove he's really himself. But no, instead the entire idea is just never mentioned ever again. And we're back to that "better writers" thing again.

Steve Vader posted:

Oh, subservient Grimlock of the future. You may have literally escaped being turned off and kept in the storage closet of the Ark, but you never did figuratively, did you?

Really makes you wonder what they did to Grimlock between 1987 and 2005, because the Grimlock of Season 2 would not have put up with that poo poo for a hot microsecond.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
drat thanks for the heads up on Target clearance for Voltron. Picked up all but yellow lion for less than $50. Gonna hit up local Walmart’s to see if I can luck out on yellow before turning to marked up Amazon; but hell I was debating blowing more than $100 on these guys a month ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Danger posted:

drat thanks for the heads up on Target clearance for Voltron. Picked up all but yellow lion for less than $50. Gonna hit up local Walmart’s to see if I can luck out on yellow before turning to marked up Amazon; but hell I was debating blowing more than $100 on these guys a month ago.

Amazon's not too bad, I had it bookmarked at $20 in case I couldn't find it locally.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Just opened Rippersnapper. I really like him! Robot mode is really good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does yours have pins in the weird pivots?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Does yours have pins in the weird pivots?

Where at? I don't see anything weird.

He has a red number stamp on his right foot. "#E1129"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

Where at? I don't see anything weird.

He has a red number stamp on his right foot. "#E1129"

Yank on his arms and see if the entire blue part with the ball joint pops out.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I saw Rippersnapper at Target tonight but he'd be my final Decepticon limb for now and might put me on a path to go full on with Terrorcons and I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of commitment right now.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

TheDK posted:

I saw Rippersnapper at Target tonight but he'd be my final Decepticon limb for now and might put me on a path to go full on with Terrorcons and I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of commitment right now.

I need you to buy this toy!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dude three hours north of me just found SS Grimlock and Blackout at Meijer. I was not expecting those to hit retail this soon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

TheDK posted:

Rippersnapper not want to stop now...!!!!

Rhyno posted:

Yank on his arms and see if the entire blue part with the ball joint pops out.

Oh sonofabitch you're right. :(

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 30, 2018

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Keldroc posted:

His robot mode isn't good for adorable slapstick comic relief, which is all Grimlock was allowed to do in Season 3. Because Season 3 sucks.

Even if he is actually adorable sometimes.

There's a joke in there about your only anime figurine being Grimlock in najed apron.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Dude three hours north of me just found SS Grimlock and Blackout at Meijer. I was not expecting those to hit retail this soon.

Street date is April 17th, so they definitely aren't supposed to be out yet. The major toy sites don't even have preorders up yet. The vanishing of TRU has me hyper vigilant for this line because I cannot miss that Blackout.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What stores are supposed to be getting them? I really want that Stinger, but the only store out here are Wal-mart and Target.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kroger/Fred Meyer grocery stores and Meijer will have them. I saw all 4 deluxe and both voyagers today.
The Chosen Prime has a case of the deluxe for $83 which is just about retail.
Kroger prices are similar to TRU.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Kroger/Fred Meyer grocery stores and Meijer will have them. I saw all 4 deluxe and both voyagers today.
The Chosen Prime has a case of the deluxe for $83 which is just about retail.
Kroger prices are similar to TRU.

Lmao loving Kroger? That's awesome

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah but $25 for deluxes.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Oh yikes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah. Gotta wait for a sale or something. But I did buy Optimus because he's like $50 everywhere online.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Walmart and Target will also be carrying them. The only store exclusive was Thundercracker. Unfortunately the one I had on hold at the nearby TRU "vanished" and I don't feel like paying $80 for it so I guess I will not be getting that one.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Keldroc posted:

Walmart and Target will also be carrying them. The only store exclusive was Thundercracker. Unfortunately the one I had on hold at the nearby TRU "vanished" and I don't feel like paying $80 for it so I guess I will not be getting that one.

Hasbro has said they'd be doing something about the TRU exclusives(which reminds me I need to see if my local one still has Infernocus in stock)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm waiting on the deluxes because they will saturate and the prices on all but Stinger are going to plummet.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My Krogers does not in any way deal with action figures or children's toys so no real chance there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

My Krogers does not in any way deal with action figures or children's toys so no real chance there.

It needs to be a Kroger Marketplace. FUll on toy department, Fred Meyer jewelry dept and even clothing. I don't usually shop there for clothes (or even groceries) but last spring they blew out all their Marvel Legends for $5 so I checked it out and they keep a decent stock on hand.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

It needs to be a Kroger Marketplace. FUll on toy department, Fred Meyer jewelry dept and even clothing. I don't usually shop there for clothes (or even groceries) but last spring they blew out all their Marvel Legends for $5 so I checked it out and they keep a decent stock on hand.

Aaah yeah. Pretty sure we're too small a town to warrant that

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I'm waiting on the deluxes because they will saturate and the prices on all but Stinger are going to plummet.

Why will Stinger remain high, you think? Shortpacked? Being removed from the assortment at some point?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Keldroc posted:

Why will Stinger remain high, you think? Shortpacked? Being removed from the assortment at some point?

It's his first proper figure

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Best of the wave, not just a Bumblebee repaint, previous version was super popular and very hard to find. Being screen accurate doesn't hurt it either. It's already sold out online unless you want to buy a case. $55 on Amazon. If this Kroger "novelty" sale applies I may go pick it up tomorrow.

Edit: Unless they saturate the poo poo out of this line like the older movie stuff. But TLK had several bots that were scarce at retail and never made it to all markets. Cogman, Voyager Scorn, Nitro Zeus etc.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 30, 2018

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I've seen the current prices but Wave 1s usually saturate pretty quickly. TLK does make me a bit wary, though. Voyager Scorn and Nitro Zeus were pretty common her but I never saw a Cogman at retail, ever.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Got the MP Targetmaster Hot Rod and he's just as good as the other one except +1 gunman -all accessories.

The Decepticon clones are also good deskfiddle so far.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Hmmm can get Liokaiser and new Rodimus Prime for less than a hunnerd quid on Kapow right now, definitely gonna have to check my finances...

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Sorry, don't have time to confirm it but apparently there's an Ebay coupon that lasts from 8am to 11am PT.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Found all the studio series toys at Target, went for Ratchet and Blackout, the dildo behind the counter decided to “street date naw” me. Well guess I’ll keep walking to work at a way more profitable company that built its success on putting the customer first.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lepecard posted:

Sorry, don't have time to confirm it but apparently there's an Ebay coupon that lasts from 8am to 11am PT.

Can confirm, app only though.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Found all the studio series toys at Target, went for Ratchet and Blackout, the dildo behind the counter decided to “street date naw” me. Well guess I’ll keep walking to work at a way more profitable company that built its success on putting the customer first.

Most Targets have self checkout now don't they? I usually go straight for those to avoid problems.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
City target does not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

City target does not.

Lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Well guess I’ll keep walking to work at a way more profitable company that built its success on putting the customer first.

???