Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i played it a ton and liked it and after i was done i realized i couldnt remember anything about the combat

I used the sniper companion guy who OHKO every enemy before I could even see them and played the game twice like this lol. It's a very cool World to explore and poke around in but arduous to get move through after a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the main things for me are that there are like 100 different guns that all play slightly differently, and then most guns also have like 2 or 3 mods. you can craft ammo, so most gun types can turn into ridiculous mini rocket launchers. damage threshold is way cooler than straight armor, and it means that for some enemies you have to change your approach to get past their defenses, while others have huge health pools but you can insta-crit them with the right tool. the guns have decent sound design, so firing them is rewarding. there are a good number of unique weapons that all have their own gimmicky modifier. most play styles have a set of perks that distinguish one set of weapons from another (like the plasma perk where you can liquify one enemy in the center of a pack and trigger a AOE explosion) which gives you something to level for other than +%damage.

all of that is cool, but it doesn't really change the buggy, floaty gamebryo combat. but if you have to shoot guns in gamebryo it does give you some neat options.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
People like to mock VNs and point and click adventure games for 'not having any real gameplay', but I really do wish Fallout New Vegas was just a VN with no gameplay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

People like to mock VNs and point and click adventure games for 'not having any real gameplay', but I really do wish Fallout New Vegas was just a VN with no gameplay.

People who mock VNs for not having gameplay are severely missing the point imo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i keep replaying mighty gunvolt burst levels trying to get s ranks or do full combos

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Put some actual hours into stardew valley for the first time, and now my steam queue is full of incomprehensible german farming simulators and indie garbage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i keep replaying mighty gunvolt burst levels trying to get s ranks or do full combos

Everything about that game feels awesome. It's a stone cold classic

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Control Volume posted:

Put some actual hours into stardew valley for the first time, and now my steam queue is full of incomprehensible german farming simulators and indie garbage

it's worth it, good game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Everything about that game feels awesome. It's a stone cold classic

ive got my bullet duration on 0.2 seconds and want it even shorter, i want a character that just has a sword or a tiny knife

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its so cool you can play like that, or build giant room spanning homing bullets, and both are fun

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i was gonna take a break after finishing 999 and virtue's last reward but i'm sucked in. zero time dilemma

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Coffee + Ni No Kuni. This afternoon I may try to finally finish RE6.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I keep meaning to do other things today but I can't stop playing Stardew Valley

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Didn't end up doing too much this weekend, really. Played a little KC:D and PUBG, but that's about it. (I did manage to kill a duo in PUBG by headshotting them with a crossbow though, which was pretty good haha - although it was no doubt quite embarrassing for them! :D )

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bumping this thread mid week because i want to share these pictures of a russian diplomat sitting behind a small desk

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
:confused:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Aussie. Best just leave him be.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Terrible creatures.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Aussie. Best just leave him be.

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just thought the picture of the guy in a big room with a small desk and a huge jug of water was funny and wanted to share it and if you dont like it i guess im going to just continue enjoying the national past time sticking pens and other foreign objects up my urethra and documenting it online

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i just thought the picture of the guy in a big room with a small desk and a huge jug of water was funny and wanted to share it

Personally, I was hoping he would knock the jug off the desk (bonus points if it was spilled over his crotch) at some point during the press conference. He didn't. :(

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

its easter break and this gamer will start out with enjoying Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy IX and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have a three-day weekend so tonight is my Friday, I'm hopefully gonna beat Yakuza 0 and start on Ni No Kuni 2.

Bolverkur posted:

its easter break and this gamer will start out with enjoying Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy IX and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Powerful RPG gaming

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
i'm gonna try playing ffxv again. got to the start of chapter 8 a while back and stopped playing for some reason. also gonna play some streets of rogue with my lil bro

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ni No Kuni 2 tonight, traveling for Easter weekend tomorrow so I'll be playing Revelations 2 on the Switch.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

On a break away in Inverness for a few days so just ff6 on the 3ds. With the patch to make the colours and music good this is like the perfect way to play the game... just went down the channel to get Mog's water dance and now I can't work out how to get back to the veldt to get my loving airship back lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

On a break away in Inverness for a few days so just ff6 on the 3ds. With the patch to make the colours and music good this is like the perfect way to play the game... just went down the channel to get Mog's water dance and now I can't work out how to get back to the veldt to get my loving airship back lol

Retrace your steps from Sabin's scenario back through where the imperial base was, phantom forest, etc. back to the waterfall and jump off again, you can even stop at Doma castle and get some items

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Its a pain but I don't know how else you're supposed to get the water dance.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Its a pain but I don't know how else you're supposed to get the water dance.

I believe it's literally the only way

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Apparently you can get it in the leviathan fight in the gba versh but yeah lol. I don't even know if it's good I just immediately went to get it without question because I have gamer disease

Edit ^^ imp zone ftw

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i never really bothered with Mog when i played because you get him late, and younger me thought that dancing was stupid. is he a good character?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Edit ^^ imp zone ftw

Aha! :getin:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sector_corrector posted:

i never really bothered with Mog when i played because you get him late, and younger me thought that dancing was stupid. is he a good character?

I believe he's one of the strongest party members until WoR, where he becomes just regular strong

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
mogs dances are kind of garbage but really anyone can be op with the way espers give stat boosts on level up. he's also one of the few characters that can equip the snow muffler which is one of the best amors in the game and i don't think you can use the merit badge to let other characters equip. he's also a good candidate to turn into an imp ang give the imp gear too + jumping boots and turn him into a high powered dragoon

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Final Fantasy VIII

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I played through Kirby's Dream Land for the first time in a while and now alternating FF7 and Mario 3, neither of which I've ever beaten.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Puyo Puyo Tetris. I'm ok at plain Tetris vs mode but man I'm terrible at Puyo, I don't get the "matrix vision" where I can see patterns at all and if somebody disrupts my combo with garbage there's no coming back

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I really need to stop using my normie account on twitter for everything

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris. I'm ok at plain Tetris vs mode but man I'm terrible at Puyo, I don't get the "matrix vision" where I can see patterns at all and if somebody disrupts my combo with garbage there's no coming back
Did you get the Switch version? I'd be down to do some vs against an equally "tetris good but puyo idiot" player. Everyone who plays that game is a freaking god and it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Same but the other way around despite having played way more Tetris over the years. Making chains/combos in Tetris makes no sense to me, I can only make Tetrises.