Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Heirarch is the best creature in Modern because it can attack through a Bridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

whydirt posted:

Heirarch is the best creature in Modern because it can attack through a Bridge

holy poo poo I never thought about that.

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

If I have $100 in Amazon gift cards, are there any good sealed products to be had? I was considering the mono red Challenger deck that comes out next week but it is almost $50 on Amazon. I was thinking of a booster box but it seems like a waste if I just crack all them open.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Yoked posted:

If I have $100 in Amazon gift cards, are there any good sealed products to be had? I was considering the mono red Challenger deck that comes out next week but it is almost $50 on Amazon. I was thinking of a booster box but it seems like a waste if I just crack all them open.

That's the lovely preorder price from a 3rd party. Just wait until they come out for real.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

black potus posted:

Firefly sucks is overrated and Sisko was the best captain commander.

FTFY

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sisko was the best commander until he got promoted. Then he became the best captain.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Yoked posted:

Buy singles with the 100 dollar gift card.

I got a 200$ from work last week in amazon gift cards and now I own some poor quality masters 25 chalice of the voids. Please note that almost everything is more expensive singles wise on amazon.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sickening posted:

Buy singles with the 100 dollar gift card.

I got a 200$ from work last week in amazon gift cards and now I own some poor quality masters 25 chalice of the voids. Please note that almost everything is more expensive singles wise on amazon.

That sounds strictly worse than selling the gift card for 95 cent on the dollar on SA Mart.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Toshimo posted:

That sounds strictly worse than selling the gift card for 95 cent on the dollar on SA Mart.

Disregard Toshimo,
Acquire cardboard.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Is this the right thread to talk about MtG: Arena? I just saw that they dropped the NDA last week and I am excited to talk about it now that I can.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CapnAndy posted:

Is this the right thread to talk about MtG: Arena? I just saw that they dropped the NDA last week and I am excited to talk about it now that I can.

Yes.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

CapnAndy posted:

Yes, about time we get back on track to making GBS threads on Wizards.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Cool video showing some new artwork, including the art for the new Radha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJEg-CveDjE

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I take it you haven't played it much then?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

moush posted:

Yes, about time we get back on track to making GBS threads on Wizards.

I, too, hate the best digital card game client yet released. Let us touch our Sphinx-Bone Wands together in celebration.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

A Moose posted:

I take it you haven't played it much then?
I think it's really good actually, and it's impressed me with its smartness and streamlining more often than not. I mean, there's flaws, but at the top of my poo poo list is how ability tooltips only show up in-game and not in deck building or when you pull them from a pack, the lack of flavor text, and how it's really frigging hard to target planeswalkers instead of players. That's... not bad for a game still in closed beta?

I don't think it's arguable that up against MtG:O it looks like a brand new Ferrari being compared with a busted oxcart.

edit: Oh wait, I forgot one; the turn timer is way too loving long and there's no apparent penalty for stalling. Oh, you sat on your rear end for five minutes? You lose a nebulously defined "time out", have a fresh five minutes on the clock. Luckily most people don't stall but if someone's feeling slow it's time to alt-tab out and find something interesting to read.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 29, 2018

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

CapnAndy posted:

Thankfully now that the NDA dropped Arena talk is no longer probatable ITT.

With the update I was lucky enough to crack a Scarab God and traded my mythic wildcard into another TSG and generally made a Dimir Midrange Goodstuff pile.

One of the more frustrating things about this semi-sealed league thing is how it makes the mana base such a hurdle. If I were making this in paper I'd drop $25 on playsets of Drowned Catacombs and Fetid Pools. In Arena that's 8 daggone rare wildcards I'm gonna have to grind out and dropping on lands instead of Hostage Takers or Vraska's Contempt or whatever.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Same problem trying to build a dumb budget gimmick deck for fun in Arena and realizing that all those 25 cents bulk cards are technically rares and the deck would take months to grind out cards for

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I mean, yeah, there's that, but on the other hand those rare/mystic rare wild cards will also get you some ridiculous $100 god-card, no questions asked, so I tend to think of them as being pretty generous. A lot depends on the pace of how often you get the wild cards, since you can't dust.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

some ridiculous $100 god-card,.

He is thirty dollars. :colbert:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I would probably like Arena a lot more if I could just dump money into it to get the deck I actually want to play instead of having to use a deck I dont want to play to slowly get the cards.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

fadam posted:

I would probably like Arena a lot more if I could just dump money into it to get the deck I actually want to play instead of having to use a deck I dont want to play to slowly get the cards.

I have a beta key for arena (i have for months actually) But I'm too lazy to get a PC.

Can I build Izzet GPG in arena yet?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, yeah, there's that, but on the other hand those rare/mystic rare wild cards will also get you some ridiculous $100 god-card, no questions asked, so I tend to think of them as being pretty generous. A lot depends on the pace of how often you get the wild cards, since you can't dust.

If the junk rares are the same price as the good ones, that means the junk rares are amazingly overpriced because otherwise why would you ever get them? At the rate you get wild cards, by the time you've made a tier 1 deck to ladder with, you'll make it half way through your fun gimmick deck before all the cards in it rotate. If you decide to make the gimmick deck first, you had better be very very very sure you want to commit to that gimmick for that long because if you waste your first wildcards, it'll take a LONG long time to make a real deck.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

fadam posted:

It's coming. Estimates I'm seeing put it square in the middle of the per-deck price of other digital ccgs if the bulk pack pricing gets down near $1

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

My best friend and I are just going to share an account because we play at different times and halving the cost is deece.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
They gave Day9 like 64 packs and he's streaming Arena currently btw

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Sickening posted:

My best friend and I are just going to share an account because we play at different times and halving the cost is deece.

I would bet quite a lot that they are going to be Nazis about account-sharing

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

sit on my Facebook posted:

I would bet quite a lot that they are going to be Nazis about account-sharing

We aren't geographically far away. I have zero confidence that they are going to be able to catch anything.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Look at this guy!

A few more new pieces of art
https://m.imgur.com/r/magicTCG/ESAlY

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In awe at the size of that lad.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Possibly Thrulls?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
its a zaku

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

fadam posted:

In awe at the size of that lad.

Absolute unit.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

at the beginning of your upkeep create a 0/1 absolute unit

Efb

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tainen posted:

Possibly Thrulls?

During that segment they were talking about urborg and spirits, iirc

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Little of that gives off old dominaria vibes to me (or urza's saga - onslaught dominaria anyway, the cards I was most familiar with) but I liked the rusty golem

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I am a big fan of old overgrown structures so this pleases me.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

whydirt posted:

People born from 78-81 are outside of both GenX and Millennial except under the broadest definitions. We’ve been given the even dumber names of Xennial and Oregon Trail Generation.

gently caress that noise. I'm genX because I have a job and I'm bitter. Don't call me some Xennial poo poo.

Although I will own Oregon trail. That poo poo was dope back in the day. Nothing beats dying of dysentery.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Dominaria pre release kits will have 2 foil promos. One a legendary and the other a random rare/mythic.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/event-types/prerelease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tainen posted:

Dominaria pre release kits will have 2 foil promos. One a legendary and the other a random rare/mythic.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/event-types/prerelease

poo poo, I didn't realize Dominaria was just around the corner (thought they started previews early because of the leak). Need to find a new LGS. Haven't been playing since my old go to closed.