Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"Paulsen" is a weird way to spell "Trump".

This makes for a nice bookend to his anime body pillow cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Pants Donkey posted:

Also, I just found out someone is releasing a Chappaquiddick movie next month :lol:

Is there a real reason to do this? I feel like its totally nuts and a bunch of stupid bullshit but I've been poisoned by this thread for so long that it's just a knee-jerk reaction to any mention of that cursed island.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 29, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Fulchrum posted:

Really? I can totally see Trumpist going on vacation just to "trigger liberals" by walking around in Trump gear being assholes.

NYC isn't exactly a nice quiet coffee shop liberal type blue area.

Though it must be said they would fit right in on Staten.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:unsmigghh:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Most easily reinterpreted as a death threat

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on one year until Brexit – In Brussels, Paris and Berlin, in Rome and Warsaw, the clocks will be striking midnight on 29 March 2019 and history will be made: for the first time in Europe’s post-war integration story, a country will leave the EU"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Corbyn decries abuse of antisemitism protest MPs

Independent:

Times:

Bottle and can deposit return scheme gets green light in England

Evening Standard:

Kim Jong-un paid 'unofficial' visit to Beijing, Chinese state media confirms

Mail:
Mac on… the deposit return scheme for plastic bottles

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The other big issue with veganism is that the most common substitutes for animal byproducts are made from soy, nuts, and wheat. And if you're allergic to one or all of those, whoops, sucks to be you!

Some people eat meat because the stuff they could eat instead would make them incredibly sick, if not outright kill them.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

loquacius posted:

The days of everyone accusing anyone on the Internet whose politics differ slightly from their own of being a subroutine on a server farm in Vladivostok are basically over so I'm mostly satisfied

Didn't realize Eric Garland had been banned from Twitter.

quote:

Some old guy came in to the paper today to complain about this comic which we ran Sunday. From what I heard, his complaint had something to do with being a white Christian veteran himself who was born in a log cabin and married to the same woman for 60+ years and that's why he was so offended by it and demanded to talk to the editor. She was a lot more patient than I would have been in explaining the Austin bombing and who the culprit was.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

In case it wasn't already extremely obvious this guy's a 4chan nazi.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Katt posted:

This all looks like Skyrim fan fiction and reminds me of when someone suggested broccoli if you felt the urge for something sweet

Who bought the lady addicted to cheesey potatoes an account?

e:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Office Pig posted:

In case it wasn't already extremely obvious this guy's a 4chan nazi.

What is even the message.... or topic of that one?

Is it just sneaking in a "HEH, FORCED HOLOCAUST LIE CURRICULUM" thing in the back there?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alhazred posted:

The lifespan of a domesticated cow can be twenty years:http://animaldiversity.org/site/accounts/information/Bos_taurus.html

Right, but this is a bad argument for veganism because they only live that long if bred and protected by humans. If we stopped farming them, they would all die

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sandpuppy posted:

This makes for a nice bookend to his anime body pillow cartoon.

Damnit, I hate it when a cartoonist I know is terrible makes an actually funny joke.

It's like whenever Ted Rall makes a comic I actually agree with, I can't fully enjoy it because I know the person who made it is awful and supports awful things, but I can't fully dislike it either.

I wish it was true that only good people made good art...oh well.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Grape posted:

Is it just sneaking in a "HEH, FORCED HOLOCAUST LIE CURRICULUM" thing in the back there?

"This awful half-breed mutt went to school with me and bullied me into murdering everyone at this jew-run propaganda mill."

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Office Pig posted:

"This awful half-breed mutt went to school with me and bullied me into murdering everyone at this jew-run propaganda mill."

Ah yes, those infamously unattractive mixed race people.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Gynocentric Regime posted:

Same. I'm a meat eater and enjoy nothing more than a good rare steak, but I understand that when I do I'm the last link in a chain filled with much suffering, human and non-human animal alike. Innuendo Studios had a great video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExEHuNrC8yU&t=114s

gently caress, I was gonna post this!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

poo poo like this is just creepy no matter how you frame it

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

This isn't the epic burn this guy thinks it is. People aren't flocking to gun shops because a mean old man said guns are bad, they're buying up all the guns because they think they will be banned soon and they want to squirrel away as many as they can get so they can flip them for fast cash.
The same thing happened last year when they tried to ban Kratom. All of a sudden desperate people who didn't care about the drug were buying tons of it to make a quick buck. It wasn't like they suddenly wanted to get high to own anti drug people.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Damnit, I hate it when a cartoonist I know is terrible makes an actually funny joke.

It's like whenever Ted Rall makes a comic I actually agree with, I can't fully enjoy it because I know the person who made it is awful and supports awful things, but I can't fully dislike it either.

I wish it was true that only good people made good art...oh well.

Broken clock and all that.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I mean, making one of your mate on your bowling team wear a shirt that says "Illegal" seems kinda racist to me..

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Didn't McCoy the Greater make a cartoon about how much money US steel companies would get from the tariffs?

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Kurtofan posted:

plant milk tastes better anyway, especially almond milk

Hemp milk is nice with cereal.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

loquacius posted:

Vegetarian/vegan food is best when it's not trying to be something it's not IMO

eg spicy black-bean patties are much better than faux-burgers that fall squarely into the uncanny valley

Anyway this is gonna be the base topic of conversation ITT every time that vegan comic is posted so let's all just get in our opinions now for easy reference in the future

SO TRUE.

Vegan for many many years. I want vegan food that is simple and not trying to be some bad version of meat.

Context: This is cactus (nopales) with beans, rice and squash. It's really good.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm not seeing how shaving is any more of an arbitrary beauty standard than, say, dying your hair purple. Both are "unnatural" modifications of the body you choose to make because you like them.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm not seeing how shaving is any more of an arbitrary beauty standard than, say, dying your hair purple. Both are "unnatural" modifications of the body you choose to make because you like them.

quote:

Both are "unnatural" modifications of the body you choose to make because you like them.

quote:

you choose to make because you like them.

quote:

because you like them.

quote:

you like them.

speak for yourself, buddy

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

When women stops getting fuckings death threats when they post pictures of themselves with hairy legs or bushy eyebrows on social media I will agree with that.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Grape posted:

4chan's been portraying the young woman who's been the face of the parkland school shooting as a goblin because Bright wasn't in any way a racist movie.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Not so sure about Zelda's new art style.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
She should dump this guy, the hairacle told her he didn't want her anyway.

Peever
Nov 14, 2004

This shit's chess, it ain't checkers! Shit. They build jails 'cause of me.

The census is about gathering demographic data not some kind of direct democracy vote.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Did you modify this panel to add the 9/11 joke on my behalf? Or is the artist reading my thoughts?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Peever posted:

The census is about gathering demographic data not some kind of direct democracy vote.
I dunno what conservative voters think having the citizenship question on the census would be for. I mean, I know that the plan is to depress return rates by immigrants so the places they live ultimately get less federal funding but that seems awfully nuanced for a conservative voter.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

If I were the ouija shower floor, I'd be questioning why she dyes her body hair purple, then shaves it all off.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Katt posted:

I can accept a vegetarian diet.

But Vegans have no cream, no eggs, no honey, no milk no butter.

What do they make cakes out of?

Vegan cakes are easy.
It's when those bastards want their cakes to be vegan and gluten free that we have a problem. There is a point where it would just be better to give up on trying to pretend you're eating the same food as everyone else. Have a nice fruit salad for your birthday this year.
Please.
Sincerely,
A baker

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno what conservative voters think having the citizenship question on the census would be for. I mean, I know that the plan is to depress return rates by immigrants so the places they live ultimately get less federal funding but that seems awfully nuanced for a conservative voter.
It could conceivably lead to fewer districts in areas that tend to vote Democratic, is I believe the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Johnny Walker posted:

It could conceivably lead to fewer districts in areas that tend to vote Democratic, is I believe the thing.
That's part of the same idea yeah, but is it how Fox News or whoever is presenting this to their supporters? Or like that cartoon is it more just "immigrants don't DESERVE to be part of the census"?