Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

The story gets even weirder and weirder, they were both trans

Were they? I mean now that you mention it I think Call Now actually was but I could have sworn Kheldragar was just a guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought the girl was older than the boy in that exchange.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

That’s the thing with most SA sagas: a lot of details get warped and lost and become ways to mock a group of people instead of rightfully mocking the participants themselves.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

That’s the thing with most SA sagas: a lot of details get warped and lost and become ways to mock a group of people instead of rightfully mocking the participants themselves.

Lol if you think that is remotely specific to SA

"Tribalism" and there's actually blessedly little of it here compared to reddit/facebook/irl

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

420 SWAGLORD posted:

Lol if you think that is remotely specific to SA

"Tribalism" and there's actually blessedly little of it here compared to reddit/facebook/irl

I too am very glad our tribe is less tribal than other tribes- just one more way that we're better than everyone else

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
GO TRIBE WE ARE THE OK-EST

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

OK tribe GO! Nah I didn’t think it was just SA. I do wish we had clearer details on some stories to compare how far they got out of proportion, or more complete information so we got the truth, but it’s the internet so welp.

Funxion
Nov 30, 2005

This man talks to empty chairs at conventions. Please help this man back to being an idol. Fight Alzheimers!

420 SWAGLORD posted:

You obviously weren't here for the good ole days when SA would invade Ebaums or some poo poo, or anytime someone referenced another forum they'd get chased off SA. Admittedly it has died down a lot in the last 10 years.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Funxion posted:

You obviously weren't here for the good ole days when SA would invade Ebaums or some poo poo, or anytime someone referenced another forum they'd get chased off SA. Admittedly it has died down a lot in the last 10 years.

to be fair thats why i didnt register for like 4-5 years and lurked for like maybe a year or 2 before ever posting.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Funxion posted:

Ah, the good old days of the internet. It was like the wild west back then. Warring internet forums trying to out not care each other. There's times I look back and miss it.....but mostly I don't care.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic
We cared the least, godamnit

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

sneakyfrog posted:

to be fair thats why i didnt register for like 4-5 years and lurked for like maybe a year or 2 before ever posting.

:same:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

This seems like it fits here

For context, Uwe Bill who knocked out Lowtax in a boxing match, sending well wishes and trying to get more viewers for Gaming Garbage.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Zil posted:

This seems like it fits here

For context, Uwe Bill who knocked out Lowtax in a boxing match, sending well wishes and trying to get more viewers for Gaming Garbage.

Wait what happened to lowtax?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Thin Privilege posted:

I can't find the announcement post he made but basically his back is all hosed up and he had to have surgery to remove multiple discs.

edit: oh yeah and the forums are also bleeding him dry so now's probably a good time to spend money on the forums to try and keep lowtax alive and this place around.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Thin Privilege posted:

he poor op

people not buying poo poo

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thin Privilege posted:

Turns out his spinelessness extended past merely not drinking the malort.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

his spine fell off

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The pertinent question here is how can we convince people to buy new accounts and the accompanying perks such as archives etc? The best solution I’ve come up with so far is that when a new account is purchased I will give them a kiss. No tongue, this is gonna stay classy, no groping. Also, the kiss is not optional.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Just donate some money through the forums link, the fees are minimal and the money is injected straight into Lowtax's spine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also since $1 is the same physical size as $100 it’s best to donate $1 100 times to pack in as much of his missing spine space as possible.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

he'll be fine

I mean what do spines even do, anyway? I thought they were vestigial, like testicles.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

purple death ray posted:

I too am very glad our tribe is less tribal than other tribes- just one more way that we're better than everyone else

This is good.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Helldump.

Even worse considering it's where a lot of Extremely Online people honed their skills, and now there's hundreds, even thousands of places using Helldump's own formula and methods.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Did Helldump ever go after someone's irl details? I'm mostly sure they only ever went after people's online portfolio unless I was missing out on some really gross poo poo somewhere.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

oldpainless posted:

The pertinent question here is how can we convince people to buy new accounts and the accompanying perks such as archives etc? The best solution I’ve come up with so far is that when a new account is purchased I will give them a kiss. No tongue, this is gonna stay classy, no groping. Also, the kiss is not optional.

More like OldConsentless.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

oldpainless posted:

Reported for attempted forums murder

Funxion
Nov 30, 2005

This man talks to empty chairs at conventions. Please help this man back to being an idol. Fight Alzheimers!

I Said No posted:

Did Helldump ever go after someone's irl details? I'm mostly sure they only ever went after people's online portfolio unless I was missing out on some really gross poo poo somewhere.

Pretty sure some did, helped a few pedos get arrested or smth.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Helldump eventually burrowed deep inside its own rear end in a top hat and ate itself.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

His spine collapsed into a singularity and was sucking the rest of his body in with it.

He was in surgery to remove two discs so his skeleton wouldn't swallow itself.

BurntCornMuffin has a new favorite as of 12:32 on Mar 30, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Came up in another thread, that Helldump and communities like it, based on identifying valid targets and mocking and victimising them for the amusement of all, inevitably end up utterly toxic hellpits and ultimate turning on themselves the moment that valid targets start becoming scarce or boring, and also produce people who've learned how to manipulate entire communities into basically witch-hunting targets based on their own idea of transgressive behaviour, while avoiding the consequences themselves by becoming a community pillar and deflecting aggression onto outsiders as more valid targets. It's a pattern that's repeated itself many times across the internet, from tumblr to the alt-right.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

See also Robespierre

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Funxion posted:

The forums had a legitimate beef with Ebaumsworld, though, which loved to steal Photoshop thread content, slap their own watermark on it, and monetize it for themselves. That and the Magenta Alert pedo forum invasions were at least done with some kind of credible, righteous-crusade reasoning behind them. "Let's wreck these random furries' poo poo", on the other hand, was the kind of behavior that was best grown out of.

Howard Beale has a new favorite as of 07:33 on Apr 1, 2018

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Howard Beale posted:

The forums had a legitimate beef with Ebaumsworld, though, which loved to steal Photoshop thread content, slap their own watermark on it, and monetize it for themselves. That and the Magenta Alert pedo forum invasions were at least done with some kind of credible, righteous-crusade reasoning behind them. "Let's wreck these random furries' poo poo", on the other hand, was the kind of behavior that was best grown out of.

How did you feel about Second Life Safari and the griefing there?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

all the Second Life griefing I took part in was mostly poking fun at people who took SL as seriously as their FL

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Peanut Butler posted:

all the Second Life griefing I took part in was mostly poking fun at people who took SL as seriously as their FL

Yeah, it was more fun watching Anshe Chung and the Serious Business Pixel Tycoon types get griefed than like the Shadow the Hedgehog cosplayers using sex pose balls in their Castle Robotnik bondage dungeon or whatever. At least those people were consenting adults, doing their thing in an adults-only sim and not hurting anyone. (Hopefully.) I never went in for the pick-on-the-freaks stuff, anyway, I preferred to annoy the people who seemed too full of themselves to be having fun. I wasn't a part of W-Hat or any other established griefer group, and by the time Second Life Safari started up, I was growing out of my angry-edgy-20something phase (and having actual fun in SL building crazy Googie architecture stuff) so I didn't follow it.

Then again, Anshe Chung is probably still sitting on piles of real life money and I'm lucky if there's enough in the food budget for the fancy mac and cheese this week, so WHO GRIEFED WHOM

Howard Beale has a new favorite as of 09:53 on Apr 1, 2018

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Best second life thing ever (skip ahead if needed to the best part) NWS
https://youtu.be/vYuxT4CR_nM

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

CaptainSarcastic posted:

How did you feel about Second Life Safari and the griefing there?
Way More justifiable than the Habbo raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I think I've mentioned it before, but I really wish that Second Life had been better and not full of weird sex maniacs. The potential was always there. Someone I know did some indie record release on there, and we all got to listen to it "live" and it all seemed pretty cool. Welp.