Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

HaB posted:

Um no?

If you're in a game, you can get to quit the usual way.

The "usual way" leads you to

quote:

the main menu where it says "Press Any Key"

which is what I was saying this whole time, hope this helps. And I didn't know you can just kill it, since a lot of games like that bitch at you if you don't quit through the menus.

Simply Simon posted:

Save and quit from the menu, then Alt + F4 at the Bamco logo. It won't bitch at you for Alt + F4ing at this point, promise.

You're a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

the only thing bethesda has done flawlessly was allowing you to quit to desktop by opening the console and typing qqq

for like 10 years its been the only way ive quit a bethesda game

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HaB posted:

Um no?

If you're in a game, you can get to quit the usual way.

The only time you have to reconnect is if you are sitting on the main menu where it says "Press Any Key" and if you are - you can just kill it.

Well first you have to find the any key

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

oldpainless posted:

More like oldcurrentreferenceless.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

food court bailiff posted:

The "usual way" leads you to

which is what I was saying this whole time, hope this helps. And I didn't know you can just kill it, since a lot of games like that bitch at you if you don't quit through the menus.

You're a hero.

OH. I misunderstood. Yeah, you can just kill it at the Namco screen.

As long as the little flame saving icon in the corner isn't visible - kill that poo poo.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I'm pretty sure Mr. Resetti just scarred me for life.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Zoig posted:

Usually season passes do just cover every dlc that will be released for the game, so while saying the season pass will have 4 dlc is completely truthful, it misleads via omission so people end up mad when a dlc isn't covered by the season pass even if they never said it would be.

It's not deceptive in the slightest to go against somebody else's blind assumption.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I cannot even begin to imagine how the Abstergo segments of Assassin's Creed IV made it past the earliest playtesting. Every time one of the tedious, meandering sequences start, I just want to quit the game. There's all this fun piracy stuff to be doing, stop making me slowly wander around a loving office building. And if it's really essential that you put those sequences in, maybe don't have the voice on the radio be a sarcastic rear end in a top hat who I want to punch.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Really? All the terrible poo poo in AC Black Flag, and you pick Abstergo? Every single tailing mission is infinitely worse! Following a ship, in your ship? Following some fucker who's meandering along, but you can't get ahead, and you can't get too far behind?

They're lucky the ship-to-ship combat was so god-damned good. Also the shanties :allears:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
That stuff's frustrating. The Abstergo bits are just boring, which is far worse.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Zoig posted:

Usually season passes do just cover every dlc that will be released for the game, so while saying the season pass will have 4 dlc is completely truthful, it misleads via omission so people end up mad when a dlc isn't covered by the season pass even if they never said it would be.

I know everything gearbox does (or does not do, apparently) is supposed to amount to a war crime but this is going really far out of the way to take offense

There was not even a long running precedent for season passes to follow as they were a reasonably new thing in 2012 when borderlands 2 came out

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Really? All the terrible poo poo in AC Black Flag, and you pick Abstergo? Every single tailing mission is infinitely worse! Following a ship, in your ship? Following some fucker who's meandering along, but you can't get ahead, and you can't get too far behind?

They're lucky the ship-to-ship combat was so god-damned good. Also the shanties :allears:

Tailing a ship through a swamp was the peak Asscreedness, whoever thought of that should be executed

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ship-based stealth is a gaming concept can only believe came from an online generator

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Sunswipe posted:

That stuff's frustrating. The Abstergo bits are just boring, which is far worse.

Church. Give me poorly thought out pirate poo poo over poorly thought out "storyline" about how I'm working at a templar corporation. I know what they were going for, but the writing was just so trite "do you get it?!" kind of bullshit.

We're still in the dark ages when it comes to writing in videogames. There's so much you could potentially do in the medium and we're still tripping over tropes that were old in the 80s.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My friend have you played spec ops the line? I mean just wow

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

oldpainless posted:

More like oldphosphorus.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

SiKboy posted:

More like oldphosphorus.

:wow:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

oldpainless posted:

I thought it was done well considering it was supposed to trick "COD only" people. It did the "WAR IS BAD" in a pretty straightforward manner.

BTW it's free on humble right now so get it for free and send proceedings towards lowtax's spine

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Ship-based stealth is a gaming concept can only believe came from an online generator

It's not just ship-based stealth, you're in the middle of a swamp so you're doing it through very narrow paths and also gotta do it at the ship's slowest speed. It's absolutely infuriating anti-fun.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The Line was tryhard but it was also very entertaining. I enjoyed it. I bounced off Black Flag super hard. People kept talking up the pirate stuff but it simply wasn't enough. I did enjoy Syndicate however.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Digirat posted:

I know everything gearbox does (or does not do, apparently) is supposed to amount to a war crime but this is going really far out of the way to take offense

It probably is, but frankly cliffy b is one of those people you can understand wanting to have as many bad things as possible to say about him.

I bought battlefield 1 a while back since it was only 20 dollars and it did seem fun, but among all the ea bullshit that eventually turned me away from it such as taking almost 80 gigs of space on my ps4 despite me having a physical copy, the biggest thing was that they gave me a free trial of all the dlc content, but since its ea it holds back the exp you earn because of course it does. I only learned after completing one of the challenges needed to unlock perk challenges that it also withholds the exp from those challenges, It was pretty frustrating learning if I wanted that exp too I would need to buy the season pass.

I have since uninstalled it to make space for nioh and ni no kuni 2.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

oldpainless posted:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Zoig posted:

It probably is, but frankly cliffy b is one of those people you can understand wanting to have as many bad things as possible to say about him.

I bought battlefield 1 a while back since it was only 20 dollars and it did seem fun, but among all the ea bullshit that eventually turned me away from it such as taking almost 80 gigs of space on my ps4 despite me having a physical copy, the biggest thing was that they gave me a free trial of all the dlc content, but since its ea it holds back the exp you earn because of course it does. I only learned after completing one of the challenges needed to unlock perk challenges that it also withholds the exp from those challenges, It was pretty frustrating learning if I wanted that exp too I would need to buy the season pass.

I have since uninstalled it to make space for nioh and ni no kuni 2.

Cliffy B has nothing to do with gearbox and I've never been given any reason to dislike him.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

does cliffy b have some affiliation with gearbox I don't know about or is this just getting sillier by the post

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

How Not To Play DarksydePhil Videos

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Playing Ghost Recon Wildlands; 'Go extract this woman before the cartel kill her' - OK, I chopper in to her mansion grounds, land in the car park, call up some rebels to cover my team, run in the house, persuade her to follow me, run back to the transport and... she stands there as bullets fly about her ears and I sound like an incensed Arnie GET IN THE loving CHOPPA

Jesus you think they'd maybe test something like this utter bullshit.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Not that it disproves your point, but NPCs won't get into vehicles until after you do so.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Zoig posted:

I bought battlefield 1 a while back since it was only 20 dollars and it did seem fun, but among all the ea bullshit that eventually turned me away from it such as taking almost 80 gigs of space on my ps4 despite me having a physical copy,

You do know that every game on the PS4 takes up HD space regardless of if its physical or downloaded, right? You having a physical copy of the game makes literally no difference as all the games are installed on the HD. If its physical then after installation the disk essentially functions as a key when you run that game, no data is streaming from the disk or anything.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

poptart_fairy posted:

Not that it disproves your point, but NPCs won't get into vehicles until after you do so.

I was in the drivers seat, team sat on the running boards, waiting while she decided if she wanted to bleed out with the mission timer or just get shot there and then.

I'd much preferred having to take her unwilling so at least I could have the option to 'stow' her in the chopper.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh, I got nothing then. :v:

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Samuringa posted:

It's not just ship-based stealth, you're in the middle of a swamp so you're doing it through very narrow paths and also gotta do it at the ship's slowest speed. It's absolutely infuriating anti-fun.

It was pretty ballsy of them to think no one would question how an ocean-faring pirate ship could conceivably travel through a swamp, too.

I'm one of those weirdos who likes the Syfy quality modern era plot line running through the AssCreeds, but having slow, plodding sections of Adventures In the Office without a way to gently caress with your co-workers was a terrible idea.

As of last night, Spec Ops: The Line was free on the Humble Store. It might still be for anyone who hasn't played it.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

SiKboy posted:

You do know that every game on the PS4 takes up HD space regardless of if its physical or downloaded, right? You having a physical copy of the game makes literally no difference as all the games are installed on the HD. If its physical then after installation the disk essentially functions as a key when you run that game, no data is streaming from the disk or anything.

I did not, that's rather disspointing to hear.

Also I think I got cliffy b mixed up with randy pitchford, sorry about that.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Zoig posted:

I did not, that's rather disspointing to hear.

"Disappointing"? Would you rather have each loading screen be four minutes long? Optical reads are slooooooooooow.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Nah, more like disappointing to find out that I have no reason to ever get a physical copy now, I like having a big stack of games but laziness will win over actually going to the store to buy em, especially since my local store has turned into less of a videogame store and more of a videogame merch store. I probably don't know nearly as much about technical stuff as I think I do though, is they any good reason to get a phyical ps4 game instead of just digital?

Also, I remember way back when Battleborn first came out that I had a terrible time with the matchmaking, which is to say it did not find matches. This wasn't after Overwatch killed it, it was only about a week after release but the matchmaking simply did not find players for actual multiplayer matches, though it could do coop missions fine. In fact, I feel a lot of times I found games would have a matchmaking problem that probably could have been resolved with a server browser, at least for as long as they would last anyways.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Zoig posted:

I probably don't know nearly as much about technical stuff as I think I do though, is they any good reason to get a phyical ps4 game instead of just digital?

Really the only advantage these days is resale value (and, of course, the ability to buy used on the other side of that same coin).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Depending on how fast your internet is it's faster to just put a physical game in than download and install from psn

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Len posted:

Depending on how fast your internet is it's faster to just put a physical game in than download and install from psn

Yes but patch sizes are so absurd these days that it makes little difference really.

At least last gen you generally got a working game on the disc and the patch only took minutes rather than hours to install.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Len posted:

The Day 1 Patch.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

food court bailiff posted:

Really the only advantage these days is resale value (and, of course, the ability to buy used on the other side of that same coin).

It used to be fancy box art, fold-out maps, and bound manuals. Ah, the good old days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

The Day 1 Patch.

Doesn't appear to matter for things like Until Dawn