Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mods change my name posted:

why dont you pagan minimize this fuckign window you god drat moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

why dont you pagan minimize this fuckign window you god drat moron

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

It's crazy that they have a mobile game it seems like the original one is barely finished. It's good but still janky last I played. Probably a different crew tho I imagine they're pretty flush.

Bluehole was a mobile game developer before pubg so I'm not surprised at all

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Oh lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

it is a good game i enjoy shooting people with arrows and 50 caliber machine guns

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Bluehole was a mobile game developer before pubg so I'm not surprised at all

dunno if blueballs was in on developing it tho, i think tencent is responsible for the port and theyve got a ton of resources to throw at it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Left work 90 minutes early to go play FC5.

Goddamn game better support 21:9 out the box.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Which version of FC5 are you dudes getting? Just the base version?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Base version. About to kill some sovereign citizen cult members right now

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I beelined right from the start of the game to the sniper chick, picking up my own AC-RL along the way. Got enough money selling skins to hunters to get a suppressor for it too. About to do her mission when I get done with dinner.

Game looks pretty amazing at 3440x1440 Ultra, I must say.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Far Cry 5: we promise we won't make you climb towers*

*we're just gonna make you climb some other poo poo some of which is towers

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Boomer is a very good boy.

I ran out of ammo with an SMG and he brought me a new gun :kimchi:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
IS IT TRUE THAT YOU HEAL BOOMER WITH TUMMY RUBS

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Godholio posted:

It's true that your animal friends (Boomer/Peaches/Cheeseburger) can revive you

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I don't know why but Far Cry is one of the few FPS games where I prefer using an Xbox controller over a mouse and keyboard.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ubisoft has my number. I will happily play their formulaic open-world games with a dumb smile on my face. They know how to create a satisfying gameplay loop.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Godholio posted:

CONFIRM

You also give Peaches a little shoulder rub to heal her

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Game of the year

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm disliking the dogfighting. As in airplanes.

Shockules
May 2, 2017

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm disliking the dogfighting. As in airplanes.

I'm really happy you clarified that statement.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Boomer loving owns, he helped me get the piss tape.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Killed a plane with a .45-70 :clint:

AP ammo and the vehicle damage perk is awesome

Edit:

What is not awesome however is the idea that your co-op buddy gets zero progress in your game. They unlock and keep perks and weapons they find, but they don't actually progress anything alongside you. So all those missions they just did with you, they get to do them all over again on their own or with you as their buddy this time.

It's a really weird and honestly dumb design decision.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Mar 28, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Nixon stunts own

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SW portion of the map walkthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Far Cry 5 is legit. I watched a black bear swimming after a cultist on a jet ski and now I've been asked to euthanize a bunch of farm animals by a Too Crazy For Alex Jones type with a flamethrower.

It's basically Saints Row: The Boss's Backwoods Vacation.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Console doom got a 4K update

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4csATft5rOKaywwiKymgaO/experience-doom-in-4k

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This is kind of neat. I was walking around FC5 at night and heard a guitar. Found a campsite with a man doing a pretty good rendition of "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" while a couple danced by the campfire.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The overwhelming majority of my FC5 time has been spent in binoculars tagging enemies and ordering my companions to deal with poo poo. It's pretty fun with bow girl and badass sniper girl. Every now and then I get my hands dirty with a silenced weapon. I'm management, not labor.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The way Far Cry 5 handles location and quest discoveries gives me serious Fallout vibes. If only Fallout was built on such a capable engine though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So is FC5 living up to the hype or what?

Bummed about the bare bones co-op

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
FC5 is cool. Ubisoft adopted COD’s ADS auto aim snap in a more extreme manner.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's good. It's FaryCry. If you're looking for a deep story, it's not there. If you want a deep co-op experience, it's not there. If you want insanely detailed weapon customization, it's not there.

If you want to jump out of a goddamn helicopter and have a bear named Cheeseburger maul some totally-not-CHUDs-we-swear, it's there. The gunplay is good, the AI is acceptable, the spawn rates are too high right now (and will probably be patched) and the storyline has some bullshit 'ha ha ha we captured you' stuff that repeats more than it should. But it's a loving blast for me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea cult dudes are jumping me every 30 seconds. AI aggression is silly too.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I mostly avoid the roads because of the spawns and the fact that I'm playing on Hard so things really loving hurt if I'm out in the open. So I stick to the woods, where I have to worry about wolverines literally biting my dick, wild turkeys that apparently are halfbreeds with a raptor, and bears that are part freight train.

I used a flamethrower on a turkey last night. It felt good.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hope you made a bad pun when you did it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Guys, do the testicle festival missions for the line cook ASAP. I'm not gonna spoil the experience but you won't be disappointed.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
The actual co-op gameplay is a loving riot, the problem is your guest makes zero progress towards the story, mission, unlocking weapons from shops, etc. So if you and a pal do the whole story together, they'll unlock nothing new from shops and have to do everything all over again on their own save.

It's really drat stupid and makes no sense :(

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Can't have people getting powerleveled!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

The actual co-op gameplay is a loving riot, the problem is your guest makes zero progress towards the story, mission, unlocking weapons from shops, etc. So if you and a pal do the whole story together, they'll unlock nothing new from shops and have to do everything all over again on their own save.

It's really drat stupid and makes no sense :(

lotta backlash on reddit I imagine with the delicacy of the gaming world now and way droves of people online can sway things it'll get patched, at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Vasudus posted:

I mostly avoid the roads because of the spawns and the fact that I'm playing on Hard so things really loving hurt if I'm out in the open. So I stick to the woods, where I have to worry about wolverines literally biting my dick, wild turkeys that apparently are halfbreeds with a raptor, and bears that are part freight train.

I used a flamethrower on a turkey last night. It felt good.

I also avoid roads - then a loving rattlesnake popped out of nowhere and bit my rear end.