Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
I dunno what I'd do as a parent in that situation but that kid is gonna be known as Assbrush from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Your brother is going into high school and so it is very easy for you to utterly ruin his life by making sure everyone he is going into high school with knows this embarrassing thing that he did

So just leave the post up and go hang out with your friends, because being grounded is retarded as a concept and I hate it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

StrangersInTheNight posted:

jesus christ pick

go get yourself some nice raspberries and a fancy bathrobe and you do you. you don't need no man to do your floor-staring for you.

it turns about being alone feels way better when you're alone by yourself instead of alone next to someone else.

edit: and some loving whipped cream for that poo poo

"alone with someone else" was a good description

someday I'll explain why it was him and nobody else, since I basically know.

Scathach posted:

loving seriously.

E: Also everyone has a person that got away. Mine killed himself and we were best friends for almost three decades. There are seven billion other fuckers out there and I guarantee you'll love plenty of them more than you loved Hugh. They'll even have cooler names.

gently caress.

I've met just shittons of people in my life and they're mostly predictable and disappointing. Hugh was the only person where I felt real newness in every interaction with him.

Anyway I've known a lot of suicides, I'm sorry for yours, I have made a lot of major live decisions based on trauma from the ones near to me.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Admiral Ray posted:

I dunno what I'd do as a parent in that situation but that kid is gonna be known as Assbrush from here on out.

Parents should have obviously grounded the brother, made him apologize, and replaced the toothbrush, but tbh I don't feel taking it to facebook was the right thing on her part either.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pick posted:

I've met just shittons of people in my life and they're mostly predictable and disappointing. Hugh was the only person where I felt real newness in every interaction with him.

Anyway I've known a lot of suicides, I'm sorry for yours, I have made a lot of major live decisions based on trauma from the ones near to me.

Your story is played out and we need new material, Pick

Get married to someone else and then leave them for Hugh in order to reinforce your point about how you will always be left for the one that got away

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
plot twist: the parents are the ones who stuck the toothbrush up their rear end

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Incoherence posted:

Imagine hearing that your 12 year old boy stuck his sister's toothbrush up his rear end and telling the sister "you're making too big a deal of this".

It all depends on how it goes down. It's horribly disgusting but if anyone can make too big of a deal about it, it's a teenager.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Blade Runner posted:

Your brother is going into high school and so it is very easy for you to utterly ruin his life by making sure everyone he is going into high school with knows this embarrassing thing that he did

So just leave the post up and go hang out with your friends, because being grounded is retarded as a concept and I hate it

You realize that doing this sort of thing just creates an escalation, right? Yes, your parents can't prevent you from leaving the house, but there are tons of other ways to deny privileges like use of the car, buying things, etc. that can get thrown into the mix. You are still utterly dependent on them at 16 and simply refusing to take your punishment just makes your own situation worse.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Old Assbrush deserves harsh punishment, though.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

new phone who dis posted:

You realize that doing this sort of thing just creates an escalation, right? Yes, your parents can't prevent you from leaving the house, but there are tons of other ways to deny privileges like use of the car, buying things, etc. that can get thrown into the mix. You are still utterly dependent on them at 16 and simply refusing to take your punishment just makes your own situation worse.

Presumably they are not allowing you to use the car anyway if you're loving grounded, get your own job if you're sixteen

The_end
May 17, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (16F) brother (12M) did something disgusting with my toothbrush. My parents (40s) are on his side.

tl;dr: My (16F) younger brother (12M) somehow put feces on my tooth brush. My parents want me to forget about it because they think he just made a "hormonal" mistake. (??) Now I'm keeping all my hygeine things in my closet to know he hasn't touched them. I'm so upset and crying because they don't care, what do I do

Her brother was stimulating his prostate with his sisters electric toothbrush.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Blade Runner posted:

Presumably they are not allowing you to use the car anyway if you're loving grounded, get your own job if you're sixteen

Depending where you live you may need either your school, your parents or both to sign off to get a work permit. For most teenagers out there, it's not in anyone's interest to blow up the relationship that badly before they get out of school.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (16F) brother (12M) did something disgusting with my toothbrush. My parents (40s) are on his side.
I bet you think it can't get worse, but, from subsequent comments by the OP:

quote:

Oh. and you're wrong about him being embarassed. He's not. He mocks me for being grounded now and told me he's told his friends he got away with it and they think he's awesome.

But fortunately:

quote:

The concensus at my school is that I'm actually very very cool, I've had some kids messaging me saying they wished they'd been brave enough to expose horrible people in their lives so I'm pretty good with my choice, thanks for your concern!

and also

quote:

I'm going to tell my dentist now that I know what caused it, they said gingivitis and inflamed gums from not brushing and flossing at the gum line enough, I'm so so grossed out realizing what it actually was.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Depending where you live you may need either your school, your parents or both to sign off to get a work permit. For most teenagers out there, it's not in anyone's interest to blow up the relationship that badly before they get out of school.

Such a pathetic square that you can't even support teenage rebellion in the face of an rear end brusher

Truly sad

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blade Runner posted:

Your story is played out and we need new material, Pick

Get married to someone else and then leave them for Hugh in order to reinforce your point about how you will always be left for the one that got away

No one's going to have been there at the right time. It's too late :shrug:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

F

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Blade Runner posted:

Such a pathetic square that you can't even support teenage rebellion in the face of an rear end brusher

Truly sad

Consider me properly admonished.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pick posted:

Goon project a time machine in the hopes that the flailing retardation of GBS will somehow end terribly and involve you somehow

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

Psh, you're not even 40 yet. LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT BEING TOO LATE!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Psh, you're not even 40 yet. LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT BEING TOO LATE!

I'm not even 30...

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I AM THE ONE WHO IS ALMOST 40 GODDAMMIT PICK EVERYTHING ISN'T ABOUT YOU JEEZ LADY.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

At the ripe old age of 24, I am declaring myself to be done with love

It is too late for me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I AM THE ONE WHO IS ALMOST 40 GODDAMMIT PICK EVERYTHING ISN'T ABOUT YOU JEEZ LADY.

he was the other badbones kid when I was growing up and didn't know anyone else back when i was sensitive enough that things like oneness, compassion, and shared experience mattered. now assballs, gay butts, piss and turds.

e: but my continued passion could be explained with a series of flowcharts (true)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*Dials the Pick family residence*

"Hello butler, is Pick around?"

"Oh this is Hugh. Hugh G. Rection"

"Yes I'll hold"

*snickers*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

At the ripe old age of 24, I am declaring myself to be done with love

It is too late for me

Goddamit the gem in your hand doesnt start glowing until 30 (25 in asian models)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
just the right amount autistic to explain honest,plaintive, and extremely deep love using flowcharts

nothing in the flowcharts, it's meta. it's explained w/ the concept of flowcharts.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

he was the other badbones kid when I was growing up and didn't know anyone else back when i was sensitive enough that things like oneness, compassion, and shared experience mattered. now assballs, gay butts, piss and turds.

e: but my continued passion could be explained with a series of flowcharts (true)

Assballs, gay butts, piss and turds for life, homie. You're in the gang now. I have some bad news about our tattoo.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Barudak posted:

Goddamit the gem in your hand doesnt start glowing until 30 (25 in asian models)

Mastering Omnite was difficult but rewarding

Pick posted:

just the right amount autistic to explain honest,plaintive, and extremely deep love using flowcharts

nothing in the flowcharts, it's meta. it's explained w/ the concept of flowcharts.

Your own fault for being able to love anyone or anything in my opinion

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

It all depends on how it goes down. It's horribly disgusting but if anyone can make too big of a deal about it, it's a teenager.
The Facebook post was maybe a little much, but if her parents really don't have her back here (and it sounds like they don't) then I don't blame her too much for appealing to a more supportive crowd.

Like, if their response is "we're buying [sister] a new electric toothbrush and a locked box to put it in, [brother] is grounded for a month for being gross, [sister] is grounded for a weekend for airing her lovely laundry in public", then there probably isn't a thread here.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Beat both of the children, and then the parents

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

The concensus at my school is that I'm actually very very cool, I've had some kids messaging me saying they wished they'd been brave enough to expose horrible people in their lives so I'm pretty good with my choice, thanks for your concern! 

My rear end.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Pick posted:

Hugh was the only person where I felt real newness in every interaction with him.

Pick, you only felt that newness with him because he gave you so little, you could project the world upon him

He held it back in such a way as to stoke your cravings, to make you want to have more, but not because he meant to or is somehow an inherently interesting person, but because he had no idea how to be vulnerable, and each time you got close enough to see the person inside he shut you down. But just those glimpses were enough to tantalize you, and what made him seem so fresh and new was also what hurt you so much.

Whenever you're comfortable, I do want to hear more

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Is it common for a post to be removed and locked from commenting within the hour of it showing up here? Because if so I fear we may be doing a disservice to people who need advice, and, more importantly, depriving ourselves of follow-up content.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Incoherence posted:

The Facebook post was maybe a little much, but if her parents really don't have her back here (and it sounds like they don't) then I don't blame her too much for appealing to a more supportive crowd.

Like, if their response is "we're buying [sister] a new electric toothbrush and a locked box to put it in, [brother] is grounded for a month for being gross, [sister] is grounded for a weekend for airing her lovely laundry in public", then there probably isn't a thread here.

I'm wondering if there isn't a series of events leading to this that we're missing out on. Is it truly just a random assbrushing or is it some sort of ongoing 1-up thing between them?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Pick, you only felt that newness with him because he gave you so little, you could project the world upon him

He held it back in such a way as to stoke your cravings, to make you want to have more, but not because he meant to or is somehow an inherently interesting person, but because he had no idea how to be vulnerable, and each time you got close enough to see the person inside he shut you down. But just those glimpses were enough to tantalize you, and what made him seem so fresh and new was also what hurt you so much.

Whenever you're comfortable, I do want to hear more

The trick is to be mysterious and pretend to only let glimpses of your true tortured personality be seen, but then actually there's nothing there and you're just a bitter and emptily miserable sort of person on the inside, completely owning the person who spent time trying to care about you

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

I'm wondering if there isn't a series of events leading to this that we're missing out on. Is it truly just a random assbrushing or is it some sort of ongoing 1-up thing between them?

Sister seems to genuinely think there's a bit of goldenchild dynamic going on, if she's being honest about the response where her brother is literally taunting her for being grounded then I'd imagine he's been pushing boundaries for quite some time.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I wonder how many open and caring men pick met in her life she simply wasn't into because she found them boring and uninteresting.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Is it common for a post to be removed and locked from commenting within the hour of it showing up here? Because if so I fear we may be doing a disservice to people who need advice, and, more importantly, depriving ourselves of follow-up content.

It’s actually common for posts to be removed and locked within the hour of showing up, period. If a post blows up they blank it out and lock it. r/relationships moderation is loving weird.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Student befouled my coffee mug. [MA]

quote:

I’m a teacher in Massachusetts.

Recently it was brought to my attention that several months ago one of my students (age 15-16) may have rubbed his unclothed scrotum on my coffee mug as a “prank” while I was out of the classroom.

Administration has refused to discipline the young man. I have been, essentially, told to let it go and encouraged to engage in “conflict resolution” with the student. I have no interest. While I don’t know much about this particular child’s family situation, this is an “elite” private school with moneyed alumni and an extremely large endowment. I am considering suing the student and naming the school as co-defendant. Is this feasible?

Absolute legend. Literally tea bagging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The subreddit mods are very strict. Posts can be removed if they're somewhere else on reddit, if they update too soon or too often, if they get too popular, etc. It's incredibly draconian, comparable only to something like AskHistorians.

But it is possible that there's a spy among us...