Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

EugeneJ posted:

MOTYC: Golden Lovers vs. Young Bucks, SSE 3/25

My goodness. Probably the best 2-on-2 Bucks match I've ever seen.

This was a match to remember...I don't truly know the whole story yet the story telling was sublime....it was such a great match that I got to see and understand everything about it within the match itself. A true masterclass in story telling. What a Bernini sculpture of a main event. One of the most beautiful things I've seen in ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC : Young Bucks vs Golden Lovers NJPW SSE 3/25

What a match, what a story

Yes. Wow. Although there was a scary botch or two that had me rather worried.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
HM: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW SSE 3/25

It's not the Rey match, or any of what was later in the card, but, as a celebration of Liger, it was really fun, and that's worth something too.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

ElNarez posted:

It's not the Rey match, or any of what was later in the card, but, as a celebration of Liger, it was really fun, and that's worth something too.

2nd. I thought I was gonna be the only one nominating that match for a HM.

Also,
HM: Suzuki/Sabre vs. Okada/Ishii, NJPW SSE, 3/25

Young Bucks vs Golden Lovers was one of the best-told stories in a wrestling ring I've ever seen.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Takuan posted:

2nd. I thought I was gonna be the only one nominating that match for a HM.

Also,

Young Bucks vs Golden Lovers was one of the best-told stories in a wrestling ring I've ever seen.

This plus HM: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW SSE 3/25

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Still got two matches to go but let's do a couple at this point

ElNarez posted:

Nth, it's incredible Liger is still so drat good and can hang with Ospreay of all people.

Takuan posted:

This too. The Ishii vs Suzuki segment was some :suspense: poo poo and the ZSJ & Suzuki team is loving horrifying.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Golden Lovers vs. Young Bucks, NJPW SSE, 3/25

Yes. Insanity

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Angel De Oro vs El Cuatrero, CMLL Dos Leyendas
This only has 3 votes for MOTYC, here's the upload of it that thecubsfan posted today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLSmFSWrjw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Boco_T posted:

This only has 3 votes for MOTYC, here's the upload of it that thecubsfan posted today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLSmFSWrjw

4th

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

MOTYC: Golden Lovers vs. Young Bucks, SSE 3/25

What a match. Even the missteps added to it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: TJP vs. Kalisto vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Buddy Murphy, 205 Live, 3/27

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nth

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah that was good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad 205 Live is now good

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm happy for Mr. Bliss.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: MAO & Mike Bailey vs. Munenori Sawa & Sanshiro Takagi vs. Smile Squash (Soma Takao & Yuko Miyamoto) vs. Fuminori Abe & Isami Kodaka vs. Chinsuke Nakamura & Michael Nakazawa (Five Way Tag Team Weapon Rumble Loser Anal Explosion Match, DDT Judgement 3/25)

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Who had the anal explosion?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Who had the anal explosion?
Before I even looked at the results I had a suspicion on who lost, I looked up the results and I was absolutely right.

Nakazawa took the pinfall

Also I wanna highlight this:

quote:

Muta was thrown into Dino’s rear end but Muta stopped himself and sprayed the Poison Mist into Dino’s rear end! However much to everyone’s shock, Dino’s rear end sprayed the Mist back into Muta’s face!

e: Wait the results of the anal explosion are even crazier than I thought

An explosion was promised and DDT cannot continue the show without doing it. One by one, different wrestlers volunteered to sacrifice themselves until Takagi offered to do it. Everyone else immediately accepted his request. “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” by Aerosmith played over the speakers as Takagi walked up to the stage, stripped down to his underwear and prepared to take the explosion which was 100 times more powerful than he thought when it was prepared. Takagi hesitated to push the button next to him. The tension was so unbearable that Sawa couldn’t take it any more. He approached Takagi and told him that they will take the explosion together. Sawa leapt on top of Takagi, they joined hands and they both pressed the button, causing a tremendous explosion inside Sumo Hall and also their backsides.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 29, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
DDT is further proof that pro wrestling is an art form

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Maybe this is a match that's more of an HM to you all, but I'm voting with my heart:

MOTYC: Soberano Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario – CMLL – 03/27/2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZRU6xV13I&t=1h25m52s
I had last October's Puebla meeting between these two as my favorite CMLL match of 2017. This meeting has a completely different feel in Arena México. This is is rudo Cavernario, barbarian Cavernario. Not just everyone's favorite fun caveman. By the end of the second fall you feel like it doesn't matter who actually wins the match, Soberano lost it due to the punishment he endured. Throw in an unconventional fall structure, a crowd that they reel in as the match goes on, and the fact that they turn in such a good performance with nothing on the line on a Tuesday night and you get a match that I highly recommend.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Before I even looked at the results I had a suspicion on who lost, I looked up the results and I was absolutely right.

Nakazawa took the pinfall

Also I wanna highlight this:

e: Wait the results of the anal explosion are even crazier than I thought

An explosion was promised and DDT cannot continue the show without doing it. One by one, different wrestlers volunteered to sacrifice themselves until Takagi offered to do it. Everyone else immediately accepted his request. “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” by Aerosmith played over the speakers as Takagi walked up to the stage, stripped down to his underwear and prepared to take the explosion which was 100 times more powerful than he thought when it was prepared. Takagi hesitated to push the button next to him. The tension was so unbearable that Sawa couldn’t take it any more. He approached Takagi and told him that they will take the explosion together. Sawa leapt on top of Takagi, they joined hands and they both pressed the button, causing a tremendous explosion inside Sumo Hall and also their backsides.

How.......how do I watch this

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

extradite THIS! posted:

How.......how do I watch this

I came to post this exact same thing

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DDT Universe. You get a month free trial, (but like New Japan they go by calendar month so if you sign up now, your 'month' free trial will actually be two days). It was Judgement 2018.

Since DDT got taken over by Abema, all the big shows and Tokyo Joshi shows get live streamed free and you only have to pay to see them on demand, so if you like what you see on the free trial but are confident in being able to catch what you want to see/don't mind missing some stuff live then you can cancel and just watch what they air for free.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Just finished the NJPW Road To... show from this morning.

HM - Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Ren Narita - 3/30
The platonic ideal of a Young Lions match. Basic moves but intense, hard-hitting, and crisply executed. The more I see of Yagi the more I think he'll be something special in a few years. He has a unique look and a unique way of moving.

HM - LIJ (Naito, SANADA, EVIL, BUSHI, Hiromu) vs. Suzuki-gun (Suzuki, KES, Desperado, Kanemaru) - 3/30
The Naito/Suzuki interaction in this match is must see. So much hate. Really fun brawl where everyone decided that it was a good night to bring it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress it, I'll throw a HM to Yagi/Narita, sure. I don't think you could have a better 15 minute match than they did, with the restrictions Young Lions have.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Yagi/Narita

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Agreed on HM:Yagi/.Narita

Man so many great Young Lions right now

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MOTYC - Matt Taven vs. Volador Jr (c) - NWA Welterweight Title - CMLL Viernes 3-30-18

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

MOTYC - Matt Taven vs. Volador Jr (c) - NWA Welterweight Title - CMLL Viernes 3-30-18

On their YouTube channel?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Agreed on HM:Yagi/.Narita

Man so many great Young Lions right now

Yep, even with all that's going on in the next two weeks, seeing the two new guys debut is pretty high up on my anticipation chart.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: nm, thinking about it, nah

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I will do HM for this, didn't quite clear the MOTYC bar for me.

Link to the match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScpFgnafIhU&t=6055s

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Price Check posted:

Just finished the NJPW Road To... show from this morning.

HM - Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Ren Narita - 3/30
The platonic ideal of a Young Lions match. Basic moves but intense, hard-hitting, and crisply executed. The more I see of Yagi the more I think he'll be something special in a few years. He has a unique look and a unique way of moving.

HM - LIJ (Naito, SANADA, EVIL, BUSHI, Hiromu) vs. Suzuki-gun (Suzuki, KES, Desperado, Kanemaru) - 3/30
The Naito/Suzuki interaction in this match is must see. So much hate. Really fun brawl where everyone decided that it was a good night to bring it.

Nth-ing these

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Boco_T posted:

I'll second the HM

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Boco_T posted:

3rd on HM, great match

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'll switch my motyc to an HM for the Volador Taven match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Marty Scurll, Sakura Genesis
Christ this was scary as all hell, but awesome

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

second

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

It was certainly the most unsettled and concerned I've been watching wrestling for awhile :gonk:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

St Evan Echoes posted:

third (I'm never watching that match again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Zack Sabre Jr. for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Sakura Genesis 4/1

Holy gently caress this match :stare: