Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://theins.ru/antifake/95587 :laffo: BM, you will like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words
So I basically just watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=mpbeOCKZFfQ

Has anyone had a brainstorm about which Eastern European country they are talking about at the end of the video?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Karmalis posted:

So I basically just watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=mpbeOCKZFfQ

Has anyone had a brainstorm about which Eastern European country they are talking about at the end of the video?

What timestamp?

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What timestamp?

It more or less starts at 16:30.

Although this: https://youtu.be/u5aQgS2Uh1M actually shows a map. Intriguing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Karmalis posted:

It more or less starts at 16:30.

Although this: https://youtu.be/u5aQgS2Uh1M actually shows a map. Intriguing.

Huh. Good question, plenty of EE countries on that map fit the bill of pseudo-marketing blubbering by Nix.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

We run these long workshops, and have a whole section on MH17, my favourite bit of which is going through the Russian MoD's July 21st 2014 press conference on MH17, in particular the radar data they produced. They "lost" this radar data, only to find it again a week before the Joint Investigation Teams big press conference on MH17 in September 2016, where they agreed with everything Bellingcat said. So, same radar data, and same organisation presenting it, you'd expect the same results, but this is what they said:
July 2014 - A Ukrainian SU-25 was close to MH17, and was detected 3-5km away from MH17, then close to it just after the plane was destroyed
September 2016 - Nothing was anywhere near MH17, and the object that appeared close to MH17 when it was shot down was a large piece of debris from the aircraft.

The reaction from the pro-Putin MH17 truther types was truly Orwellian, we went from two years of obsessive claims that Ukraine had shot it down with an SU-25, to it now being a Ukrainian Buk. The real galaxy brain people said it was both an SU-25 and Buk.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Brown Moses posted:

We run these long workshops, and have a whole section on MH17, my favourite bit of which is going through the Russian MoD's July 21st 2014 press conference on MH17, in particular the radar data they produced. They "lost" this radar data, only to find it again a week before the Joint Investigation Teams big press conference on MH17 in September 2016, where they agreed with everything Bellingcat said. So, same radar data, and same organisation presenting it, you'd expect the same results, but this is what they said:
July 2014 - A Ukrainian SU-25 was close to MH17, and was detected 3-5km away from MH17, then close to it just after the plane was destroyed
September 2016 - Nothing was anywhere near MH17, and the object that appeared close to MH17 when it was shot down was a large piece of debris from the aircraft.

The reaction from the pro-Putin MH17 truther types was truly Orwellian, we went from two years of obsessive claims that Ukraine had shot it down with an SU-25, to it now being a Ukrainian Buk. The real galaxy brain people said it was both an SU-25 and Buk.

Imagine Buk strapped to Frogfoot in a piggyback, which these long textile strips that are used to fixate long tubes in open cargo trucks. :swoon:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Well, Iranians strapped a Hawk missile (~590 kg) to F-14 , so in theory it might be possible with a BUK (~690 kg) in a pinch when you could also radically alter landing gear and airframe and you had NO OTHER capable missiles or planes. Or you're in 1990' action movie.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Imagine Buk strapped to Frogfoot in a piggyback, which these long textile strips that are used to fixate long tubes in open cargo trucks. :swoon:

Somehow after reading, the following image has somehow managed to break into my head:
https://tubedubber.com/?q=_gsi_sHKF5E:_MVonyVSQoM:0:100:0:0:1

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It's the other way around, the Frogfoot was attached to the 9M missile so that it could climb waaaaaay over its service ceiling and then shoot the Boeing with its guns.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

It's the other way around, the Frogfoot was attached to the 9M missile so that it could climb waaaaaay over its service ceiling and then shoot the Boeing with its guns.

:laffo:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Truly the Homonazis are a crafty bunch!

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Can you name all the MH17 theories presented by various people and organisations this image represents?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

Can you name all the MH17 theories presented by various people and organisations this image represents?

Wait, the US did it?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Wait, the US did it?

That would be a false flag :hurr:

Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010
Seen that imagine countless times over the years but only just noticed the Dmytro Yarosh business cards :discourse:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

orcane posted:

That would be a false flag :hurr:

:rimshot:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
MH17 is so 2014. Skripal is the new MH17.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Brown Moses posted:

the jews?

us shot it down to have excuse to declare war on russia?

fake bomb blew up airplane?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43497063

Deadly blast at Czech chemical plant

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This Savchekno case over terror act planning indictment is getting real ugly.

Pretty strange stuff...
https://twitter.com/JonahFisherBBC/status/976764932996911105

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Well, her idol is Pinochet, so...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Her immunity removed.

https://www.unian.info/politics/10052528-rada-strips-mp-savchenko-of-parliamentary-immunity-allows-arrest.html

Her arrest.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43504396

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I just found out there's a national holiday tomorrow.

It was created 10 days ago.

I should keep up with the news more, I suppose.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Holy moley, she wanted to destroy the Parliament with god drat mortars :stare:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Tevery Best posted:

I just found out there's a national holiday tomorrow.

It was created 10 days ago.

I should keep up with the news more, I suppose.

National Day of remembrance of Poles saving Jews :allears:

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

alex314 posted:

Dare i quote...
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

alex314 posted:

Saving from what? Polish concentration camps!?

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
Another day, another round of pro-choice protests.
Some 60k people marched in Warsaw (there were smaller gatherings in other cities) to protest against the proposed law banning 'eugenic abortion'.

After an unfortunate glance at the comments, I think I'll take up smoking again to make the inevitable cancer feel somehow justified.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
I bet PiS is making GBS threads themselves at least a little. They tried to do it differently this time: the proposed bill "only" banned aborting deformed fetuses (they tried to pass it as defending the children with Down's Syndrome, but the bill would, of course, ban aborting fetuses with all kinds of illnesses and mutations, including such fun and lethal abnormalities as anencephaly), because they probably realized after the last time that there are plenty of people who are generally against abortion, but think forcing women who could die if they give birth and rape victims to have children is a step too far.

They used the entire "evil feminazis want to kill sweet, innocent Down Syndrome children, look at their smiling faces" rhetoric and thought it'd work. But people are fed up with that poo poo and I think the October 2016 protests gave a lot of people hope and helped them realize that there are many other people who also think abortion is not a terrible sin.

At the Poznań protest some people were giving away stickers that said "I can't believe I still have to protest this poo poo". This reflects my feelings on this matter quite well. I sure hope they won't try to pass the bill anyway.

Also, there's nothing better than teams of elderly ladies who come to the protest all pissed off, tell dirty jokes and yell all the chants as loud as they can.

If you have Instagram, search for #blackprotest or #czarnyprotest or #strajkkobiet, people are posting a lot of rad pics and you can see how big of an event it was.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Dire Chinchilla posted:

I bet PiS is making GBS threads themselves at least a little. They tried to do it differently this time: the proposed bill "only" banned aborting deformed fetuses (they tried to pass it as defending the children with Down's Syndrome, but the bill would, of course, ban aborting fetuses with all kinds of illnesses and mutations, including such fun and lethal abnormalities as anencephaly), because they probably realized after the last time that there are plenty of people who are generally against abortion, but think forcing women who could die if they give birth and rape victims to have children is a step too far.
They're not exactly hiding their motivations

quote:

Their latest effort is a bill that supporters say is only about protecting unborn babies with disabilities.

Jaroslaw Kaczynski, the Law and Justice leader, has argued that it does not matter if a baby’s life is short, saying in 2016 that it was his goal to “strive to make cases of even very difficult pregnancies, when the child is doomed to die because it is severely deformed, finish with birth, so that the child can be baptized, buried, given a name.”
[...]
Mr. Januszewski, whose group drafted the proposed legislation, said that of 1,100 abortions performed in Poland in 2016, 1,042 were related to the health of the fetus.

“It’s 95 percent of all abortions, and that’s what we want to ban,” he said. “Almost 40 percent are the abortions of children suffering from Down syndrome. This illness is a genetic condition, but many of the people with it enjoy a normal life and are aware of this discrimination. We regularly receive thank-you cards from many of them.”
[...]
Meanwhile, a Health Ministry ad has been encouraging Poles to “breed like rabbits.”

“If you want to become a parent one day, look at the rabbits,” encourages the narrator, himself a bunny. “I know what I’m talking about, my father had 63 of us!”

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jesus Christ. Did the russians get to her while she was captured as some sort of manchurian war hero or was she always nuts? I mean yeah Ukraine's government is corrupt and horrible but a russian-armed coup isn't going to make anything better.

Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010
I think it's more that she's some loony fascist.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43574308

Poland signed a $4.75 billion deal to buy Patriot missiles from the US. My favorite quote in the article, given recent events in Saudi Arabia:

quote:

Defence Minister Mariusz Blaszczak said the Patriot missile defence system had "proven itself in numerous countries".

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Chadderbox posted:

Poland signed a $4.75 billion deal to buy Patriot missiles from the US. My favorite quote in the article, given recent events in Saudi Arabia:

Whether you are a british pilot or a random plot of land in Riyadh, patriot awaits!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Chadderbox posted:

They hope the missile will shoot down Donald Tusk when it goes haywire.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/979654111359586304

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

They are going to finish her off and nobody would do anything except more finger-wagging.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'm moving house soon and I never thought I'd need to consider access to the property by Russian assassins as part of my requirements, but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

I'm moving house soon and I never thought I'd need to consider access to the property by Russian assassins as part of my requirements, but here we are.

How do you phrase something like that in a real estate listing? "Yes, I'm interested in an X bedroom, X bath home with a security system and tactical Russian assassin proofing throughout."