Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Flowers For Algeria posted:

you believe in god
what a shocker

yeah, thanks you loving bigot. You're really human trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skar posted:

Republicans freed the slaves actually.

Back when the republicans were the more left of the two parties, yes, but keep trotting out this canard like it has gently caress all to do with the modern day party

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gobbagool posted:

Wow a jealous foreigner that doesn’t know about the history of American political parties, yet feels compelled to display his ignorance publicly, what a shock

Comma says the man who believes that there's no difference between the republican party of the civil war and the republican party now

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

gobbagool posted:

yes, very much like a royal worshipping D&D goon to not understand the difference between a divine right monarchy, and a government that recognizes rights as God given to the people, not individual rulers based on family line. I suppose that also explains why you're so hot on the idea of the only armed people in the country being cops. except when they murder unarmed black men, then it's different or something. it's almost as if don't have a coherent philosophy at all and are just lashing out against a machine of which you have little understanding

You can poll all of us pro-gun control posters on our feelings about disarming the police, and I bet 100% of us will respond, "Take their guns first, actually."

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
It's also funny how "gun advocates" without fail prove to have the emotional intelligence of infants.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Let's be honest with ourselves here: How Far I'll Go just cannot compete with Let It Go on a lyrical, compositional, or performance basis. Let It Go is a tour de force of songwriting and vocal performance. It's nice that they got a teenager to do the part and some famous Broadway rap guy but How Far I'll Go is repetitive and the singer is flat on the high notes. Frozen is going to remain near the top of Disney musical numbers for decades while Moana's score is cute but forgettable. If you disagree with me you're just outing yourself as childish and naive.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Arglebargle III posted:

Let's be honest with ourselves here: How Far I'll Go just cannot compete with Let It Go on a lyrical, compositional, or performance basis. Let It Go is a tour de force of songwriting and vocal performance. It's nice that they got a teenager to do the part and some famous Broadway rap guy but How Far I'll Go is repetitive and the singer is flat on the high notes. Frozen is going to remain near the top of Disney musical numbers for decades while Moana's score is cute but forgettable. If you disagree with me you're just outing yourself as childish and naive.

Okay but You're Welcome is the best

Also getting the guy who did the book for Avenue Q and Book of Mormon to do Frozen was a way better move because Hamilton sucks

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gobbagool posted:

yes, very much like a royal worshipping D&D goon to not understand the difference between a divine right monarchy, and a government that recognizes rights as God given to the people, not individual rulers based on family line. I suppose that also explains why you're so hot on the idea of the only armed people in the country being cops. except when they murder unarmed black men, then it's different or something. it's almost as if don't have a coherent philosophy at all and are just lashing out against a machine of which you have little understanding

I'd like cops to be disarmed first actually

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'd like cops to be disarmed first actually

so you're stomping your feet and demanding all guns go away? you should join the Childrens Crusade.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Am I going to see the phrase 'Children's crusade' used constantly by fuckfaces to demean schoolkids not wanting themselves or their friends to get shot to bits?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i am not surprised that cosplaying as someone who anyone cares about by wearing a gun and fantasizing about being a real action hero and cosplaying on the internet as someone whose opinions are worth anything but mockery are comorbid

sorry about your terrible life gobbagool, mostly that it hasn't been quite terrible enough to cost you your typing fingers

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

khwarezm posted:

Am I going to see the phrase 'Children's crusade' used constantly by fuckfaces to demean schoolkids not wanting themselves or their friends to get shot to bits?

so, you don't like demonization of your pet cause by your political opponents?

:thunk:

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

khwarezm posted:

Stop thinking of the children

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

evilweasel posted:

i am not surprised that cosplaying as someone who anyone cares about by wearing a gun and fantasizing about being a real action hero and cosplaying on the internet as someone whose opinions are worth anything but mockery are comorbid

sorry about your terrible life gobbagool, mostly that it hasn't been quite terrible enough to cost you your typing fingers

oh hey look a failed mod weighs in with a hot take that's both wrong and stupid, what a surprise. I suppose you're a big fan of the childrens crusade too, what other rights do you think they should demand are taken away?

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
I feel real demonized for being accused of disliking child murder.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

gobbagool posted:

oh hey look a failed mod weighs in with a hot take that's both wrong and stupid, what a surprise. I suppose you're a big fan of the childrens crusade too, what other rights do you think they should demand are taken away?

Shut the gently caress up.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

gobbagool posted:

so, you don't like demonization of your pet cause by your political opponents?

:thunk:

Well, when it involves high schoolers who, like I said, have a vested interest in not getting murdered after a whole lot of them were loving murdered.... yeah?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

gobbagool posted:

aww the poor baby thinks that his cosplaying is a right

go buy a superman costume if you want to try to pretend that one day you'll actually be a hero instead of a monumental failure that has shamed everyone who ever associated with you in any way

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

gobbagool posted:

yeah, thanks you loving bigot. You're really human trash

just adding another entry in the long list of your intellectual failings

gobbagool posted:

so you're stomping your feet and demanding all guns go away? you should join the Childrens Crusade.

you’re playing the tough guy calling them children but it’s hilarious to see you quaking in fear before them and their agenda
will you have to buy another Assault Rifle - 15 shells per clip in order to protect yourself?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

tell me more about how jesus "those who live by the sword shall die by the sword" christ gave you your god-given right to guns

like anyone who has read more than five pages of the new testament knows jesus wasn't preaching about how all people should have weapons and stab other people

i guess gun nut evangelists are basically the same sort of thing where hobos want to tell you about jesus, they don't actually know anything they just desperately want to feel righteous

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
gobba admires mass shooters because they know one needs to kill a whole lotta people to level up and gain enough HP to survive a drone strike or tank shelling once the government shifts back to a monarchy.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

evilweasel posted:

tell me more about how jesus "those who live by the sword shall die by the sword" christ gave you your god-given right to guns

like anyone who has read more than five pages of the new testament knows jesus wasn't preaching about how all people should have weapons and stab other people

i guess gun nut evangelists are basically the same sort of thing where hobos want to tell you about jesus, they don't actually know anything they just desperately want to feel righteous

oh so now you're a biblical expert? you must really hate not being able to ban people for incorrect thought, eh comrade?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oh lol gobba is Pauline, the gun nut who was sent into a multi-page frothing rage about how new york took away his god-given right to high-capacity magazines and spent hours writing fanfiction about how he was going to totally lie and just tell the police they fell off a boat and that was his amazing rebellion against the man

pauline are you still desperately bitter that when you tried to rise up against the tyrannical albany government restricting your rights you got winded and fell over before you could even realize nobody was going to follow you

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

just adding another entry in the long list of your intellectual failings

you’re playing the tough guy calling them children but it’s hilarious to see you quaking in fear before them and their agenda
will you have to buy another Assault Rifle - 15 shells per clip in order to protect yourself?

nah, you're just a really lovely human being that feels the need to weigh in on the politics of another country. also, yes, human beings under 18 are referred to as children. this may shock you, but they're not even allowed to vote.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

gobbagool posted:

oh so now you're a biblical expert? you must really hate not being able to ban people for incorrect thought, eh comrade?

you don't even need to be a biblical expert you just need to have read like, literally anything at all jesus said

i realize though that for someone like yourself, anyone who can read something above a my first reader book is a fancypants expert

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Poster: 'I think Jesus wasn't too hot about violence in general'.

Idiot: 'OH WHADDYA NOW A THEOLOGIAN? GET OUTTA HERE 'FATHER''.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

gobbagool posted:

nah, you're just a really lovely human being that feels the need to weigh in on the politics of another country. also, yes, human beings under 18 are referred to as children. this may shock you, but they're not even allowed to vote.

lol you idiot you were trying to shittalk europe just yesterday and now that you're getting mocked resoundingly want to retreat to a safe space where only americans are allowed to mock you

fun fact: americans have just as much scorn for you as europeans, get out of my country

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

evilweasel posted:

oh lol gobba is Pauline, the gun nut who was sent into a multi-page frothing rage about how new york took away his god-given right to high-capacity magazines and spent hours writing fanfiction about how he was going to totally lie and just tell the police they fell off a boat and that was his amazing rebellion against the man

pauline are you still desperately bitter that when you tried to rise up against the tyrannical albany government restricting your rights you got winded and fell over before you could even realize nobody was going to follow you

if you say so, failed mod evilweasal. you're like the windows 98 of D&D, without the charm or sense of humor

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

gobbagool posted:

if you say so, failed mod evilweasal. you're like the windows 98 of D&D, without the charm or sense of humor

while being a former internet mod is a very minor part of my identity, that such a bad poster as yourself is still so mad about it like three years after i quit makes me all warm and fuzzy inside about having done good things

Pebble and the Penguin
Sep 9, 2010

You're going out there a silly, hysterical, screaming queen, but you're coming back a great, big, passing-for-straight Broadway star!

gobbagool posted:

"Children can't vote, why take them seriously?"

"CHILDREN TRYNA TAKE AWAY MUH FREEDUMS"

Holy poo poo, this really is your brain on GUN.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

gobbagool posted:

Yeah of course I do it’s my GOD GIVEN FIRST AMENDMENT right and I’m going to keep at it no matter how mad it makes you that a piece of eurotrash is objectively more correct than you on various subjects pertaining to your country
also lol if you think that these marches involve only children or even a majority of children. keep on trembling in fear that they’ll come take your guns away, because they will

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Gunnuts should just skip the middleman and refer to their Gun-given Rights.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Yeah of course I do it’s my GOD GIVEN FIRST AMENDMENT right and I’m going to keep at it no matter how mad it makes you that a piece of eurotrash is objectively more correct than you on various subjects pertaining to your country
also lol if you think that these marches involve only children or even a majority of children. keep on trembling in fear that they’ll come take your guns away, because they will

he knows they will because those stupid whiny sandy hook toddlers took away his high capacity magazines just by being all traumatized about other toddlers being shot, and don't even get him started on those stupid parents mad that their children had to die for his rights :argh:

he's not one of those people who have spent their entire life in the warm cucoon of a lunatic state that considers appropriate gun laws as what age you're required to give small children a gun of their own, he knows we're coming for him and we're going to win because we've already done it once

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

gobbagool posted:

Wow a jealous foreigner that doesn’t know about the history of American political parties, yet feels compelled to display his ignorance publicly, what a shock
:ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat:

e: here's a link to defray your inevitable idiotic response:

https://www.livescience.com/34241-democratic-republican-parties-switch-platforms.html

quote:

So, sometime between the 1860s and 1936, the (Democratic) party of small government became the party of big government, and the (Republican) party of big government became rhetorically committed to curbing federal power. How did this switch happen?

Eric Rauchway, professor of American history at the University of California, Davis, pins the transition to the turn of the 20th century, when a highly influential Democrat named William Jennings Bryan blurred party lines by emphasizing the government's role in ensuring social justice through expansions of federal power — traditionally, a Republican stance. [How Have Tax Rates Changed Over Time?]

Republicans didn't immediately adopt the opposite position of favoring limited government. "Instead, for a couple of decades, both parties are promising an augmented federal government devoted in various ways to the cause of social justice," Rauchway wrote in a 2010 blog post for the Chronicles of Higher Education. Only gradually did Republican rhetoric drift to the counterarguments. The party's small-government platform cemented in the 1930s with its heated opposition to the New Deal.

Elizabethan Error fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 30, 2018

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gobbagool posted:

nice meltdown

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gobbagool posted:

"I bet you didn't think about disarming cops"

"I did"

"Wow what a baby"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

evilweasel posted:

while being a former internet mod is a very minor part of my identity, that such a bad poster as yourself is still so mad about it like three years after i quit makes me all warm and fuzzy inside about having done good things

To be fair I still remember vilerat as the laughable xhosa girl guy, you were mod for longer during my posting career than not

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

https://twitter.com/NormsRespecter/status/979761287382093824

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

I used to be for moderately increasing licensing, regulation and registration and then the gunhavers were like "no that won't work" and I said whoa OK well, let's see, all these dead kids is still unacceptable so I guess we will have to take all your loving guns then.

Same friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

I used to be for moderately increasing licensing, regulation and registration and then the gunhavers were like "no that won't work" and I said whoa OK well, let's see, all these dead kids is still unacceptable so I guess we will have to take all your loving guns then.

one time i asked dead reckoning point blank what compromise hed accept and the answer was none so gently caress 'em

• Locked thread