Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terratina
Jun 30, 2013

Elysiume posted:

Can you define "really old"? I get pretty similar performance on and off the plains, but I could see it being more strenuous due to having giant open areas.

AMD Phenom X4 9950, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 550 Ti.

...Yeah. I know I need a new PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
You'd have to be running on a pretty garbage system to be unable to run the Plains. Actually, looking at that, you're actually not far off mine. 4gigs of RAM will hurt, but I used to game on that on the Plains before.

Tips I can give are, turn on Resolution scaling if you haven't already, then knock the slider down in increments until it runs nicely. Turn off God Rays. Turn down shadows. Turn off reflections.

Outside the game, go to the launcher, click on the Gear icon. Verify, then Optimize the cache.

You running on a 64bit OS?

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 30, 2018

Terratina
Jun 30, 2013

Kokoro Wish posted:

You'd have to be running on a pretty garbage system to be unable to run the Plains. Actually, looking at that, you're actually not far off mine. 4gigs of RAM will hurt, but I used to game on that on the Plains before.

Tips I can give are, turn on Resolution scaling if you haven't already, then knock the slider down in increments until it runs nicely. Turn off God Rays. Turn down shadows. Turn off reflections.

Outside the game, go to the launcher, click on the Gear icon. Verify, then Optimize the cache.

You running on a 64bit OS?

Yup, 64 bit, OS is the meme that is Windows 10. Thanks for tips, will try 'em out tomorrow (GMT timezone dealio). Though part of me wonders if the Plains are always online as Cetus is always a nightmare for me to naviage due to killer lag.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Terratina posted:

Yup, 64 bit, OS is the meme that is Windows 10. Thanks for tips, will try 'em out tomorrow (GMT timezone dealio). Though part of me wonders if the Plains are always online as Cetus is always a nightmare for me to naviage due to killer lag.

Cetus is horrible lag for me on a pimped-out gaming PC, even when choosing 'calm' instance.

Once out the gate to actual plains it's fine though.

You can jump directly to plains from ship navigation, but I think it defaults everything to lowest difficulty, which is fine for fishing/mining, but not much help if you want a bounty.

ESC menu + fast travel to the various Cetus NPCs is also a thing, and picking Konzu gets you next to the exit door.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

alphabettitouretti posted:

What is it you're looking for?

Oh no I wasn't begging or anything I just wanted to post out of frustration, it's more funny now that I've slept on it. I'll get it eventually there's no rush.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Terratina posted:

Cetus is lagfest due to the number of Tenno you have to load. The game could barely handle 8 Tenno doing actiony things. 30 of them on full blown fashionframe blinged up mode would be taxing to the engine.

I'm on old gtx 770 and Earth tileset used to run worse than Plains for me. But it's been smooth lately. It goes up and down after every patch.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Alright, I have a tons of guns leveld to max, a few prime frames and weapons also topped off (only a few with potatoes, though), and nearly 100% of the system open.

When is the right time to take the dive and start doing sorties and heavier stuff? I don't feel like the rewards from just bounties/alerts are scaling anymore.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sorties should be started as soon as you have access to them.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sorties are pretty doable as long as you have a frame and a weapon that are kitted out to be reasonably decent. the rest just comes down to mission type and the modifiers, which can completely ratfuck your party from the getgo anyways no matter what your gear is.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Sephyr posted:

Alright, I have a tons of guns leveld to max, a few prime frames and weapons also topped off (only a few with potatoes, though), and nearly 100% of the system open.

When is the right time to take the dive and start doing sorties and heavier stuff? I don't feel like the rewards from just bounties/alerts are scaling anymore.
You want at least one good primary, secondary, and melee weapon each, preferably with a potato. Then, of the primaries, you want a good shotgun, assault rifle (launchers like Ogris / Penta count), bow (Zhuge and Attica count), and sniper rifle. This covers the spread for the weapon-only modifiers.

Weapon mod wise, you want one really good elemental setup (like an Arca Plasmor) for the Physical Enhancement folks, and a good non-elemental crit setup (like a Vectis) for the Elemental Enhancement modifiers.

The rest of it can be covered by building for resilience and not stepping in the poop.

Sorties are absolutely worth the time if you can run them daily, as riven mods are platinum printing machines and even the "garbage" rewards of 4000 endo or 6000 kuva go a long way to getting mods maxed out.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just a heads up, maybe something to put in the OP - the Wardroid app for Android is amazing for plat farming and building up your mod collection. I mentioned I was going to try it a few pages back but I have been and I really need to share how good it's been.

It's a lightweight app that notifies you when alerts / nightmares are up. You can filter by platform as well, so even us console spuds can use it. No sign in required, and it loads a shitload quicker than the official app (although there's no foundry / extractor management).

Most importantly you can filter the notifications so it only tells you about certain alerts, which means you can skip all the credit / endo alerts and check catalysts, forma and reactor blueprints etc. It covers rare mods, helmets, potatoes and invasion rewards.

Since i've had it installed, i've managed to get Lethal Torrent, Corrosive Projection, Quick Thinking and a bunch of other really good mods I would have otherwise missed, as well as a huge increase in potato blueprints. I've got most of the things I need now, so i'm selling the spares in trade for plat.

Drawbacks: Having to sit there during a family dinner when you know there's a rare bounty up and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Drawbacks: Having to sit there during a family dinner when you know there's a rare bounty up and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Other drawbacks include being basically abandoned by the dev. It still mostly works, but the filters haven't been updated since 2014.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It still tells you about new stuff, it just uses the internal name so you get a garbage notification. Mostly the helmets.

Like I say, it still works and it still tells you about a crapload of really good mods and potatoes I would have otherwise missed.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Right, but if you want to filter out helmets you already have or whatever, you can't if it's less than 4 years old at this point.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

There's a setting to let you see unknown rewards, which is what gives you the weird internal name for stuff added after the dev abandoned it. I mean yeah, you get the odd notification you don't need and can't filter out, but it's useful mostly for the mods and potatoes.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'm just an old who has (almost) everything and likes to gripe.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
There has to some sort of weighting system behind riven reveals, right? Because why would I have 4 loving buzzlok rivens out of the hundreds of possible options?

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Never mind the buzloks, here's the atticas

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

funkmeister posted:

Attica with a good riven is one of the best guns in the game though?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Raptor1033 posted:

There has to some sort of weighting system behind riven reveals, right? Because why would I have 4 loving buzzlok rivens out of the hundreds of possible options?

no. look up the law of small numbers sometime

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Night10194 posted:

:thejoke:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

funkmeister posted:

:golfclap:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Don't worry friend, the joke apparently goes over my head as well.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Raptor1033 posted:

:cmon:

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Its like she never left

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Finally, Mesa's Waltz Augment is moving out of the Conclave.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Raptor1033 posted:

Wild guess, but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Mind_the_Buzzcocks

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
funny: dressing your operator like this
extra funny: when they pop up randomly after the Harrow quest and whisper at you

e: just occurred to me that I should probably spoiler this

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

That operator. It's so obvious in retrospect.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The operator should walk around and pet your kubrows/kavats/helminths on their own

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

SadisTech posted:

funny: dressing your operator like this
extra funny: when they pop up randomly after the Harrow quest and whisper at you

e: just occurred to me that I should probably spoiler this

New mission, turn my operator into a penis.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i also suddenly care about operator cosmetics

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Improbable Lobster posted:

The operator should walk around and pet your kubrows/kavats/helminths on their own

agreed

same for warframes

let me high five my warframes

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I was happy with the timing here yesterday.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Despite having an account for years and getting into the guild a few times (and booted, lol) I'm only just now digging into the game.

I didn't realize you could build drat near everything, even the prime frames. I thought you could only get them if you bought them.

The flight levels are awesome and I'm disappointed I didn't get into this earlier.

When during progress should I hit the Plains? I'm going through Mars now and just hit rank 4.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Azubah posted:

The flight levels are awesome and I'm disappointed I didn't get into this earlier.

Archwing is generally considered mediocre at best except on Plains, where it is still hard to control but at least you get to rain death from above.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Death by frame weapon at least, my archwing abilities do poo poo for damage and just knock people over. Then you get one shot knocked out of the air by a rocket launched by a machete man. Space archwing can be cool and fun but it's in this awkward separate but same space. The mission types aren't weird enough.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ugggh. I'm like a whisper of xp away from MR 13 and being able to build my galatine prime and other cool stuff, but all weapons and frames that could put me over the line are still baking and 6+ hours away.

I'm so desperate I might even do the unthinkable and level my forgotten Arcwing stuff past 15.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Once you get a new jetpack, like the Itzal, archwing becomes better. I also recommend building a new gun and a pair of Knux (or other melee weapons if you're boring)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

archwing itself isnt as bad gameplay wise as people make it out to be its just there's not a lot of reason to revisit maps and progression is super hosed up stilted

putting the weapon parts behind syndicates pretty much ensures that you probably wont actually start building the actual good AW weapons or AWs until after you already completed all of the star map and then there's really no reason to revisit like 98% of AW content

also a lot of mods that for frames that'd be considered standard are weirdly rare and bizarrely expensive to upgrade